The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='asthmatic']Move to close.
Congradulations Definedbyclass13. Please update your list tomorrow[/quote]

:lol: I knew this would further stick that tampon up your asses.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']:lol: I knew this would further stick that tampon up your asses.[/QUOTE]

That's not what tampons are for...

In other news...

I was too lazy to dump my last copy of no more heroes yesterday at BB/GR. Any ideas what I should do since the TIV dropped? My local EB won't take it unless I return all 3 games (and I already traded the other two).

[quote name='pogipinoy27']In other news...

I was too lazy to dump my last copy of no more heroes yesterday at BB/GR. Any ideas what I should do since the TIV dropped? My local EB won't take it unless I return all 3 games (and I already traded the other two).[/quote]

Try to convince someone at one of the stores that you want to trade it out for a game that is priced the exact same.

i juss called blockbuster and got the following TIVs:

:360:assasin's creed $32
:wii:no more heroes $16

assasin's creed held...i got a few i forgot about in my car...seems im in luck...

[quote name='eugaet']When did you get that quote? I called about 30 minutes ago and, granted it was noisy where I was, I'm pretty sure they told me $30.[/QUOTE]
It appears to have dropped along with :ps3: Orange Box. Since the BB near me told me they'd have trouble preordering Wii Fit because they weren't sure how many they'd be able to get, I tried to match the $36 price at GameCrazy.

Lo and behold, Orange Box dropped to $30 at BB. The GameCrazy trade-in on it was $14, so I matched it at $30 and put it down on Wii Fit. I've still got about $60 in credit leftover there from various BB matches, so it's not a total loss. I'm glad I got rid of the other 5 copies of Orange Box yesterday at $36.

Interesting of note, :wii: No More Heroes is $17.99 used at GameCrazy with MVP. Almost picked it up, but decided against it in favor of Wii Fit.

EDIT - Orange Box held? Bastards at GameCrazy lied...

[quote name='judgeTurpin']i juss called blockbuster and got the following TIVs:

:360:assasin's creed $32
:wii:no more heroes $16

assasin's creed held...i got a few i forgot about in my car...seems im in luck...[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering how it held since the game a sold new for $30.

[quote name='JJSP']Mine was :360: NASCAR '08 ($12.48 -> $28.50), :ps3: The Orange Box ($14.98 -> $36), and :360: Stranglehold ($7.48 -> $19).

:ps3: Kane & Lynch, Medal Of Honor Airborne, and The Club are all on clearance at Target too. Around here, they're at $41.98 for K&L and $29.98 for MOH and The Club. All three titles get $36 at BB - could be worth looking into in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'm good then. All I saw were the latter set at the higher prices you mentioned. Maybe in 2-3 weeks those will be good ones. I know my closest Target didn't have any of that first set above, though I do remember seeing Stangehold somewhere last week. I will be in DC next week and if I have time will hit up a few places there that were good to me in the past (way less BB flipping around there due to no GR locations so there's a chance some games might be around at cheap prices - hopefully these ones are worthless on eBay ;)). Plus the BB's in Virginia give you tax back on trade-ins.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Thanks for your help..I know for a fact that the DM had a problem with some of the trades i did early on according to this manager. How should I handle this? I do not have any of the extra stuff and according to him he wants me to bring them in. Anyways, what is the customer service number for bb?[/QUOTE]

1-800-406-6843

This was perfectly valid trade that the employee screwed up on. Just call and complain about the manager's conduct. If the DM has had a problem with you before you may not want to rile him up.

[quote name='Sulik2']1-800-406-6843

This was perfectly valid trade that the employee screwed up on. Just call and complain about the manager's conduct. If the DM has had a problem with you before you may not want to rile him up.[/quote]

What would be the benefit of doing this? Could they close down my account or suspend it indefinitelly.

[quote name='Ragekod']I'm wondering how it held since the game a sold new for $30.[/QUOTE]

Actually the trade in value is 30 bucks because they won't let you trade it in for more than the new price. Only thing is it is still in their computer system at $32 but when the trade is done you only get 30. I know because I did this on Sunday.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']What would be the benefit of doing this? Could they close down my account or suspend it indefinitelly.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']In other news...

I was too lazy to dump my last copy of no more heroes yesterday at BB/GR. Any ideas what I should do since the TIV dropped? My local EB won't take it unless I return all 3 games (and I already traded the other two).[/QUOTE]

I ran into a problem there once when trying to return a game purchased through a B2G1 promo. Shortly following that failed attempt it occured to me that all they should have needed were just the boxes\barcodes from all 3 games. I don't see how they can refuse the exchange if you're able to find the empty boxes for the other 2 games for them to scan in place of the copies you have (as far as they're concerned) sitting at home that you were planning to keep.

As long as it doesn't screw up their inventory somehow, this should be a viable means for exchanging your game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I traded in 99 Nights (Xbox360) and a bunch of last-gen stuff at Gamestop; TIV was 8.80 (w/ edge), 10% more, I believe, than I would have gotten at GR. Since many of you purchased this game during the B1G1 free sale, it's basically a 9$ profit in GS credit.

[quote name='judgeTurpin']got a few things at target..these be the TIVs...

:ps3:The orange box $30
[/quote]
Bah, so it did drop. No need to strangle the local GameCrazy clerk then. ;)

Glad I got rid of my copies yesterday.

@Halochamp. Hey I finally stopped by my blockbuster to grab a copy of their "Trading Authorization". Actually, you're not in as bad of a position as you'd think. The final paragraph of the authorization addresses dispute resolution. You waived your right to partake in a class action in exchange for, among other things, the obligation to settle disputes through binding arbitration as governed by the federal arbitration act. Here' the funny part of that, you can remind them that you can decline to bring any other items in and demand that they either drop the issue altogether or partake, as contractually obligated, in arbitration. If they suspend your account in response, or give you a similar ultimatum, you can again say "if you suspend my account, I'll exercise my right and your obligation to participate in binding arbitration." In other words, they'd have to go through the time and trouble of participating in arbitration one way or the other. The smarter thing to do as a business is to eat the $30. That said, as with all things in life, you get more flies with honey. So I'd call the 800 number provided above and attempt to smooth it over that way.

[quote name='cdeener']Actually the trade in value is 30 bucks because they won't let you trade it in for more than the new price. Only thing is it is still in their computer system at $32 but when the trade is done you only get 30. I know because I did this on Sunday.[/QUOTE] I was able to trade it in last night for $32, maybe I just got lucky and had an employee who either didn't know that the price changed or he didn't care and just gave me what the computer said.

[quote name='bgame2']@Halochamp. Hey I finally stopped by my blockbuster to grab a copy of their "Trading Authorization". Actually, you're not in as bad of a position as you'd think. The final paragraph of the authorization addresses dispute resolution. You waived your right to partake in a class action in exchange for, among other things, the obligation to settle disputes through binding arbitration as governed by the federal arbitration act. Here' the funny part of that, you can remind them that you can decline to bring any other items in and demand that they either drop the issue altogether or partake, as contractually obligated, in arbitration. If they suspend your account in response, or give you a similar ultimatum, you can again say "if you suspend my account, I'll exercise my right and your obligation to participate in binding arbitration." In other words, they'd have to go through the time and trouble of participating in arbitration one way or the other. The smarter thing to do as a business is to eat the $30. That said, as with all things in life, you get more flies with honey. So I'd call the 800 number provided above and attempt to smooth it over that way.[/quote]

Thanks for finding this information for me. Here is what happened. Okay so over the weekend I opened a new trading account at a blockbuster a little farther away and this was due to the fact that sometimes I am in the area and find it relatively hassle free. Anyways, when I first started trading games I had at least 5 or 6 trade accounts. The first blockbuster I traded at was the one that threw up red flags. The manager analyzed my trade history and called all the other blockbusters and had them suspend my accounts. So it happens that I traded in the exact same games at both locations over the weekend. The main blockbuster is the one that called me and asked about the other stuff for EYE. I went in tonight to figure out what was going on and they basically made me BUY BACK THE GAME AT THE TRADE IN PRICE. THEN IT TURNS OUT THAT THE MANAGER HAD ANALYZED MY ACCOUNT AND FOUND OUT I TRADED IN THE SAME GAME AT ANOTHER BLOCKBUSTER SAID I NEEDED TO DO THE SAME THING FOR THE EYE AT THE OTHER BLOCKBUSTER. Then they threated to stop taking trades from me because they thought that an agreement was in place that I would only trade at the one blockbuster. I have a huge mess on my hands. What are my options?

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Thanks for finding this information for me. Here is what happened. Okay so over the weekend I opened a new trading account at a blockbuster a little farther away and this was due to the fact that sometimes I am in the area and find it relatively hassle free. Anyways, when I first started trading games I had at least 5 or 6 trade accounts. The first blockbuster I traded at was the one that threw up red flags. The manager analyzed my trade history and called all the other blockbusters and had them suspend my accounts. So it happens that I traded in the exact same games at both locations over the weekend. The main blockbuster is the one that called me and asked about the other stuff for EYE. I went in tonight to figure out what was going on and they basically made me BUY BACK THE GAME AT THE TRADE IN PRICE. THEN IT TURNS OUT THAT THE MANAGER HAD ANALYZED MY ACCOUNT AND FOUND OUT I TRADED IN THE SAME GAME AT ANOTHER BLOCKBUSTER SAID I NEEDED TO DO THE SAME THING FOR THE EYE AT THE OTHER BLOCKBUSTER. Then they threated to stop taking trades from me because they thought that an agreement was in place that I would only trade at the one blockbuster. I have a huge mess on my hands. What are my options?[/quote]

Cut your losses? Didn't we all have this discussion with you a couple months ago?

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Thanks for finding this information for me. Here is what happened. Okay so over the weekend I opened a new trading account at a blockbuster a little farther away and this was due to the fact that sometimes I am in the area and find it relatively hassle free. Anyways, when I first started trading games I had at least 5 or 6 trade accounts. The first blockbuster I traded at was the one that threw up red flags. The manager analyzed my trade history and called all the other blockbusters and had them suspend my accounts. So it happens that I traded in the exact same games at both locations over the weekend. The main blockbuster is the one that called me and asked about the other stuff for EYE. I went in tonight to figure out what was going on and they basically made me BUY BACK THE GAME AT THE TRADE IN PRICE. THEN IT TURNS OUT THAT THE MANAGER HAD ANALYZED MY ACCOUNT AND FOUND OUT I TRADED IN THE SAME GAME AT ANOTHER BLOCKBUSTER SAID I NEEDED TO DO THE SAME THING FOR THE EYE AT THE OTHER BLOCKBUSTER. Then they threated to stop taking trades from me because they thought that an agreement was in place that I would only trade at the one blockbuster. I have a huge mess on my hands. What are my options?[/quote]

Cut your losses and just get out before things get really messy. Continuing to push it is only going to exacerbate things.

[quote name='sp00ge']Cut your losses and just get out before things get really messy. Continuing to push it is only going to exacerbate things.[/quote]

Why would I want to quit now..don't you quit when your accounts have been suspended? I still have yet to complain to blockbuster about them making me buy back games that i already traded in. Have to do that first just for the heck of it. Cut my losses? What are you talking about, I haven't lost anything....

HaloChamp,
DITTO as above....just chill a bit...don't trade for awhile and let things settle. Go play your backlog of games. By the time you finish, possibly everything is calmed down..

Why quit? Not necessarily quit but postpone trading for awhile. Look at Kunai and IO, they have been trading for quite some time now and continue to get games at a discount due to credit.

All in all, I would rather MILK the cow than BUTCHER it for it's meat.

Halo, I've got to look at the agreement again in the morning to see if there is any reference to or prohibition against having more than one account at different locations. That said, assuming that the Trading Authorization form is universal, they can do whatever they want SUBJECT TO binding arbitration. A few quick legal points, contracts are construed against those who drafted the contract. The importance of this is as follows: The agreement that I reviewed tonight says that the trade in value is subject to condition of the games. The implication of that is that blockbuster will inspect the merchandise at the time ofe the trade in. They would then offer an amount based on the condition of the game. Clearly they simply have a list that dictates the amount, but that is blockbuster's issue legally speaking, not yours. They drew up the contract and had the opportunity to inspect the trade in, they simply failed to properly inspect the game. What state are you in? Don't let them bully you. Trust me, they'll back down if you force the issue of arbitration. Considering that they're already taking this position, I would call that 800 number and file a complaint with the BBB. The BBB will investigate and blockbuster wil probably back off.

[quote name='PATWRIK']HaloChamp,
DITTO as above....just chill a bit...don't trade for awhile and let things settle. Go play your backlog of games. By the time you finish, possibly everything is calmed down..

Why quit? Not necessarily quit but postpone trading for awhile. Look at Kunai and IO, they have been trading for quite some time now and been able to games at a discount due to credit.

I would rather MILK the cow than BUTCHER it for it's meat.[/quote]

Do you recommend I go back to the other blockbuster and buy back eye of judgement or just forget about it and completely disregard blockbuster for a few months?

Honestly, don't ever go back to that Blockbuster to trade. That manager is acting like a real jack-ass, especially since he's calling other blockbusters in the area. I dont know how many games you traded in at that location but chances are, he's already notified other blockbusters to avoid trading with you and branded you a "dealer." Wait it out and don't go back to that blockbuster with that manager. He's obviously not a fan about taking in trades.

[quote name='bgame2']Halo, I've got to look at the agreement again in the morning to see if there is any reference to or prohibition against having more than one account at different locations. That said, assuming that the Trading Authorization form is universal, they can do whatever they want SUBJECT TO binding arbitration. A few quick legal points, contracts are construed against those who drafted the contract. The importance of this is as follows: The agreement that I reviewed tonight says that the trade in value is subject to condition of the games. The implication of that is that blockbuster will inspect the merchandise at the time ofe the trade in. They would then offer an amount based on the condition of the game. Clearly they simply have a list that dictates the amount, but that is blockbuster's issue legally speaking, not yours. They drew up the contract and had the opportunity to inspect the trade in, they simply failed to properly inspect the game. What state are you in? Don't let them bully you. Trust me, they'll back down if you force the issue of arbitration. Considering that they're already taking this position, I would call that 800 number and file a complaint with the BBB. The BBB will investigate and blockbuster wil probably back off.[/quote]

I already bought the EYE back that I traded in to try and not sour my trading privileges at that blockbuster, unfortunately I completely disregarded the fact that they might have looked into my account to see if I traded the game somewhere else. They wanted me to go buy it back at the other store. No idea how that is gonna impact my trading privileges though.

[quote name='dyeknom']Honestly, don't ever go back to that Blockbuster to trade. That manager is acting like a real jack-ass, especially since he's calling other blockbusters in the area. I dont know how many games you traded in at that location but chances are, he's already notified other blockbusters to avoid trading with you and branded you a "dealer." Wait it out and don't go back to that blockbuster with that manager. He's obviously not a fan about taking in trades.[/quote]

Ya, I tried to do the right thing and go make amends but they turned it around on me like it was my fault and made me buy it back and I better go buy it back at the other store and if i am gonna trade in at other stores then we are gonna have to suspend your account. I don't mind listening to them and blah blah, because blockbuster has nearly doubled my cash for reselling purposes.

Don't buy it back at the other store, just don't go there and trade games in for a while. Let the situation defuse. And don't listen to the person telling you to threaten arbitration. It will only make you look retarded, trust me. As far as notifying the BBB? They won't help you because you signed that agreement and have a membership which can be canceled at any time for any non-civil rights violating reason.

[quote name='dyeknom']Don't buy it back at the other store, just don't go there and trade games in for a while. Let the situation defuse. And don't listen to the person telling you to threaten arbitration. It will only make you look retarded, trust me. As far as notifying the BBB? They won't help you because you signed that agreement and have a membership which can be canceled at any time for any non-civil rights violating reason.[/quote]

You work at blockbuster right?.

Oh and I think its probably bad when you walk into blockbuster and every employee knows your name..

So with VF for the :ps3: dropping at GR I wonder if it will net a decent TIV at BB, if someone has the TIV already can you let me know.

I will check tomorrow but if someone has knows the answer already can you post it.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']You work at blockbuster right?.

Oh and I think its probably bad when you walk into blockbuster and every employee knows your name..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it happened to me in the past. I just stopped flipping for awhile and let my GF open an account and I used her to flip.

Drop it for a while and hope it blows over. Maybe open another account at another store?

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Yeah, it happened to me in the past. I just stopped flipping for awhile and let my GF open an account and I used her to flip.

Drop it for a while and hope it blows over. Maybe open another account at another store?[/quote]

I might get my brother to open an account for me and trade under that.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']You work at blockbuster right?.

Oh and I think its probably bad when you walk into blockbuster and every employee knows your name..[/QUOTE]

I am really sick and tired of your shit.
Who gives a fuck if you are banned? I have no problem with you flipping but it seems like every other week, you have a fucking problem with BB taking your trades.

If you don't like it, then stop fucking trading games in at BB.
If you continue to trade at BB, expect to get rimed since everyone at your BBs already know what you are doing.
Plain and simple.

They have the right to ban your ass and you have the right not to bring your business there.
You want to re-read them the trade agreement? Go ahead and they will tell you it is at the manager's discretion.
Want to take them to arbitration or better yet, court? I want to see that...you can pay a lawyer with all your BB/GR credit.

Seriously, Halo, chill out. Give it some time. If you don't show up in there for a while they probably won't remember you and press the issue. If you make yourself visible it will only remind the manager to call around and check up on you. Also, if you wait a few months you'll probably have all new employees to deal with ;).

I don't know what to tell you about buying the game back from the other store. It seems like the manager at the first store is not going to suspend you if you comply, but is it worth it? You need to decide if having your trading priviledges at that one store is worth dealing with the manager who scrutinizes your every trade-in and takes the initiative to check up on other stores. I would just find one 20 miles away and trade there. Sure it isn't convenient - but just make a fresh start.

So if I were you I'd just find a far-away Blockbuster, open a trade account there, and trade in just 1 single copy of any game for the forseeable future. If you want to push it, find another 20 miles in the other direction so you can do 2 copies of flippable games. Maybe go in to your local store after a month or two cool-down period and only purchase/preorder there. At my local BB I've gone from "that guy who trades in games all the time" to "that guy who prerorders and buys expensive new games". They seemed quite happy when I dropped a Wii Fit preorder on them the other day. They also seem to have forgotten that I did a lot of trading because they warned me how expensive Wii Fit was and wanted to make sure I know how much it would be upon release ;). So now all of a sudden I'm a great customer again. I had this sort of relationship with my GR before they closed (did some trading there, of course, but mostly at other places - yet spent all my credit at the GR).

[quote name='unforeseen']I am really sick and tired of your shit.
Who gives a fuck if you are banned? I have no problem with you flipping but it seems like every other week, you have a fucking problem with BB taking your trades.

If you continue to trade at BB, expect to get rimed since everyone at your BBs already know what you are doing.
Plain and simple.

They have the right to ban your ass and you have the right not to bring your business there.
You want to re-read them the trade agreement? Go ahead and they will tell you it is at the manager's discretion.
Want to take them to arbitration or better yet, court? I want to see that...you can pay a lawyer with all your BB/GR credit.[/quote]

Where the fuck did this come from, im just bringing to light my situation. I needed some advice about what to do. Why the fuck is the bb I trade at the only one with a fucked up manager.

Okay bye im done trading for a long time.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Where the fuck did this come from, im just bringing to light my situation. I needed some advice about what to do. Why the fuck is the bb I trade at the only one with a fucked up manager.

Okay bye im done trading for a long time.[/quote]

It came from the many, many posts you make complaining about how you're near suspension/permanent ban, you ask for advice, you receive it yet you don't seem to follow it. I don't remember how many times you were told to NOT buy back EOJ, yet you still did it and thought about buying the second game.

I could search up your posts, and find and collect every single one that has lead up to this point. I'm not giving you crap, i'm simply answering your question.

[quote name='judgeTurpin']juss called blockbuster and got the TIV for :ps3:VF5 $9...its not flippable...[/quote]

I thought it would be something to that nature but had a little hope that it might have fell through the cracks. All well, thanks!

[quote name='joshnorm']So with VF for the :ps3: dropping at GR I wonder if it will net a decent TIV at BB, if someone has the TIV already can you let me know.

I will check tomorrow but if someone has knows the answer already can you post it.[/quote]

Why would the price dropping at Gamerush mean it makes more at Blockbuster? Its the same company with the same system.

[quote name='unforeseen']I am really sick and tired of your shit.

Plain and simple.

Want to take them to arbitration or better yet, court? I want to see that...you can pay a lawyer with all your BB/GR credit.[/quote]

Seconded, it seems like all of your posts are about complaining, people giving advice and you doing the 100% complete opposite.

I've been flipping for like 6 months and have NEVER had a problem, at any of the 5 stores I flip at, just walk in there with a sheepish smile and don't get flustered.

Side note, are they going to take reservations for wiifit?

What are the rules for trading in multiples of the same game? Do they regulate that at all? If I trade in one copy on Monday, another copy Tuesday, and another copy Wednesday, is that generally OK? I'm assuming that trading multiple copies at the same time is frowned upon.

Golden Compass (PS2) - $2
High School Musical (PS2) - $19
NBA 08 (PS3) - $33

[quote name='ShaJay']yea i preordered 3 wiifits already[/QUOTE]

Do you really think those are going to be a sold out hot item? It seems like half the people that pre-order it are going to be reselling theirs.

[quote name='freshzen']Do you really think those are going to be a sold out hot item? It seems like half the people that pre-order it are going to be reselling theirs.[/QUOTE]

I dunno.... Amazon has already sold out of all their pre-orders. Could just be that there will be a limited supply at first, since they have to manufacture the balance board to go with it. I'll probably go pre-order one at BB/GR over lunch today. The wife is gonna dig it and I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back