The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blockbuster/Gamerush video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

SPECIAL NOTE:

For those looking to transfer credit from Blockbuster to Gamestop the current extra $10 for 2 games deal at Gamestop (Wii, 360, PS3 only) provides the following options:

Game: BB price -> GS price with Edge+bonus

:360:
Beautiful Katamari: $9.99 -> $11.60
Bionicle Heroes $9.99 -> $7.20 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Bullet Witch: $9.99 -> $9.40
Cars: $9.99 -> $9.40
Chromehounds: $9.99? -> $8.30
Earth Defense Force: $9.99 -> $10.50
King Kong $9.99 -> $7.75 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Meet The Robinsons: $6.99 -> $10.50
Ninety-Nine Nights $14.99 -> $13.80
PSU $9.99 -> $10.50
Rumble Roses $9.99 -> $8.30
Spiderman 3: $9.99 -> $10.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe $12.99 -> $13.80
Table Tennis $9.99 -> $7.75
Tomb Raider Legend $9.99 -> $9.80
Top Spin 2: $9.99 -> $9.40
Virtua Tennis 3 $9.99 -> $11.60
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) | 9.99 -> 9.40

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $9.99 -> $10.50
Meet The Robinsons $9.99 -> $11.60
Sonic Secret Rings $14.99 -> $14.90
Super Monkey Ball $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam $14.99 -> $11.60 (only good if B1G1 happens)

:ps3:
NBA Street Homecourt $14.99 -> ??
Virtua Fighter 5 $14.99 -> $13.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALERT: Preorders available for a few select games at most Blockbuster stores

Most regular Blockbuster locations (in addition to Gamerush stores of course) are taking preorders for Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and possibly a few other games (YMMV on the cashier knowing about it). $5 is required for a deposit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
Please do not discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arise (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell used video game hardware and generally have a much wider selection of new hardware. Many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and since then they have expanded their hardware sales. As of right now (Spring/Summer 2008) most Blockbuster stores are now selling PS3's, Xbox 360's, and Wii's. Most still do not sell handheld systems (a few apparently sell the DS but I've never seen them there). As a result of not selling used hardware, regular Blockbuster stores will not take hardware in for trades.

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of your choice of new games (though, it seems, some stores have stopped taking preorders). On the other hand, some regular Blockbuster stores take preorders for a few select mega-release titles (recent examples: Halo 3, SSBB, Mario Kart, GTA IV).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later. Stock is usually very limited and they do not seem to get restocks of most games. So once something is sold out they will most likely not get it back. Many of the "older "new games in the list below may be hard to find at this point.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:psp:
God of War Chains of Olympus

:360:
Army of Two
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Bully
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Ironman
Lego Star Wars TCS
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Narnia
NBA Live 08
NBA 2K8
Project Gotham Racing 4
Rock Band Bundle
The Orange Box
Turok
Viking Battle for Asgard

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
40GB PS3 ala carte (no bundle)
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Turok
Uncharted
Viking Battle for Asgard

:wii:
Battle of the Bands
Boom Blox
Dragon Quest Swords
Guitar Hero III
Houses of the Dead 2 & 3
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
NBA Live 08
Ninja Reflex
Sega Superstar Tennis
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
We Ski

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

just picked up a Wii about an hour ago. I was surprised they had any in stock around here. Im thinking about trading it for an IPhone!

[quote name='joker______']i have a question to the people that have preordered MGS 4, i was wanderin what date did they say when they would the game cause i went to BB & they told me they would get it in on the 20th,what date did they tell you when the game should be in stock by?[/quote]

I preordered it and it said the 20th in there computer and that's what he told me, but on there preorder board on the wall it said July 12th. I believe that the computer is wrong, and that they will get them on the 12th as it is one of the games on their preorder sheet that they have at the register and so far every game that they have promoted to preorder they have had it on release day. That said it also wouldn't suprise me if they screwed it up somehow and if that happens I'll just buy it at Best Buy and return my Blockbuster copy.

For those of you who buy multiple copies of games on clearance (such as NBA08 etc at target) .... how do you trade them in? one a day? all at the same time? do you leave them wrapped or do you unwrap them? I would think if you brought in 5 copies of the same game over a week span that they would say something no?

well for the past few days i was calling my local blockbuster to see if i could reserve Wii Fit. stated no, wasnt sure was getting. so i just happen to call today, and im like you have "Wii Fit". she is like "Wii, yes we do". im like oh u have the system, and she is like yea and Wii Fit. so i hang up and call right back and ask to hold it. go pick em up, use my BB credit on the giftcards i have. also bought a extra Nuchuk. i was suprised there was even a Wii there, let alone Wii Fit.

i dont know if i want to sell the Wii or keep it. im def selling the Wii Fit.

[quote name='animemaniac14']keep the wii man, there's a decent slew of games such as Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Mario Kart, RE4...all addictive games! and a couple others![/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrandonJ33']That is pretty much the entire "slew"[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Zelda, even though its essentially a gamecube game and can be had for that platform too. RE4 is amazing though for sure (I'd never played a previous edition before - the pointer aiming rocks though). Zack and Wiki is quite fun as well and I just bought Boom Blox and really, really like it.

So, I tried out Wii Fit last night. I only did the initial body test, then let my wife do a few of the exercises and yoga poses. I've read that the board is pretty accurate, but it showed my weight was a good 4-5 pounds less than what my cheapass digital scale said, so clearly one of them is wrong. I'm going to assume the balance board is more accurate since that makes me feel better. hahaha. The only one of us who'd been weighed on an accurate scale recently was my six-year-old daughter, and her measurement seemed pretty accurate on the balance board.

Wii is a GameCube with a hard drive and a motion sensor controller. Its turning into DS too, with way too many low budget games nobody wants flooding the market.

[quote name='freshzen']Wii is a GameCube with a hard drive and a motion sensor controller. Its turning into DS too, with way too many low budget games nobody wants flooding the market.[/QUOTE]

Can't argue there. I enjoy it in limited fashion however.

[quote name='freshzen']Wii is a GameCube with a hard drive and a motion sensor controller. Its turning into DS too, with way too many low budget games nobody wants flooding the market.[/quote]

gamecubewiitape.png

:hot:

I've gotten considerably more enjoyment out of my Wii than my PS3. This probably wouldn't be the case if I didn't also own a 360, but since I do, all the crossplatforms I buy go to that.

For the PS3 I've owned Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament III and Ratchet and Clank. I didn't care for Resistance or Warhawk, UT3 is OK, but it's on the trading block. I like Uncharted and R&C, but I'm not sure if I really like them, or if I like them because there's not much else for me on the system.

When I traded in my BB credit for the PS3, I really only wanted it as a bluray player. Turns out that's really what it's getting used for, and I never would have anticipated that.

If you like nintendo first party franchises, then you will definitely like the Wii. If not, then you will find your choices limited. People love to point out that all the good games for the Wii are Nintendo franchise games, but they forget that still gives you a lot of games.

[quote name='kevlar51']I've gotten considerably more enjoyment out of my Wii than my PS3. This probably wouldn't be the case if I didn't also own a 360, but since I do, all the crossplatforms I buy go to that.

For the PS3 I've owned Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament III and Ratchet and Clank. I didn't care for Resistance or Warhawk, UT3 is OK, but it's on the trading block. I like Uncharted and R&C, but I'm not sure if I really like them, or if I like them because there's not much else for me on the system.

When I traded in my BB credit for the PS3, I really only wanted it as a bluray player. Turns out that's really what it's getting used for, and I never would have anticipated that.

If you like nintendo first party franchises, then you will definitely like the Wii. If not, then you will find your choices limited. People love to point out that all the good games for the Wii are Nintendo franchise games, but they forget that still gives you a lot of games.[/quote]

Lol and this is why xbox owners say the ps3 has no games... because they buy the cross platform ones for their xbox...why I dont know.

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']Lol and this is why xbox owners say the ps3 has no games... because they buy the cross platform ones for their xbox...why I dont know.[/QUOTE]
Because the 360 versions have traditionally looked as good or better and tend to play better.

Plus, Live > PSN.

OMG YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR LIVE.

PSH, no one here pays full price. If you do, that's your own fault.

Well, I picked up a Wii Fit yesterday at GameRush at around 5:30PM. I just walked in and asked...."I doubt you have any Wii Fits left, eh?" They were like, "No, we have them". I picked up one with my credit.....I didn't really want it, but I got it just because. I can always EBAY it if I don't want it. They seemed to have more than 1 at this BB/GR though. None were on display, which was odd.

[quote name='JJSP']Because the 360 versions have traditionally looked as good or better and tend to play better.

Plus, Live > PSN.

OMG YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR LIVE.

PSH, no one here pays full price. If you do, that's your own fault.[/quote]

I agree with these statements, and on a more personal level, my friends from home all have 360s. So if a game comes out that has multiplayer for both systems, it's a no-brainer that I'll get it for the one that lets me play with my friends.

Regardless, I think jmillion should keep and enjoy his Wii.

[quote name='joker______']quick question but do BB/GR sell PSP's?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have always seen them at mine. I've seen the Daxter and Star Wars bundle. I would assume they would get the God of War bundle also. I may get one of those possibly with my leftover credit, but I doubt it as I have a FAT one.

[quote name='doubledown']Yes, I have always seen them at mine. I've seen the Daxter and Star Wars bundle. I would assume they would get the God of War bundle also. I may get one of those possibly with my leftover credit, but I doubt it as I have a FAT one.[/quote]

hmmm thats ood cause ive called bout 7 BB's near me & they said they only carry the major consoles but thanks for the heads up i guess i gotta keep lookin

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Had a pretty interesting situation today.

I called my local non GR store today to see if they got Wii Fit. They said they got two today but that one got sold to a pre order and the other got sold regularly. It struck me as odd that they had a pre-order sale considering that during the beginning of the month I tried to pre order the exact same item and they wouldn't let me.

I went to the store anyway (to rent some movies) when I saw two Wii Fits hidden behind some boxes. I go to check out and asked again about the Wii Fits. I got told the same story. I was going to ask about the wii fits behind the counter but I got lazy.

So I walked out with a 1 month live card (from the GTA IV cases) instead.[/quote]

So did u just open up the box on the stand, took out the 1 month card then walk out of the store?

[quote name='io']Whaaa? Do you remove it from the box it comes in to do that? I've never seen a flat rate box nearly big enough for the Wii Fit box. The Wii Fit box is 18" long - the largest flat rate boxes are about 12 or 13".

Edit - Just checked USPS web site to be sure: flat rate boxes come in 12 x 12 x 5.5, 11 x 8.5 x 5.5, and 11 7/8 x 3 3/8 x 13 5/8. None are even close to working for Wii Fit ;).

Now UPS Ground might be cheaper, but that has it's own hassles... (OK, quick quote on UPS Ground is $20)[/quote]

Best rate is probably fedex ground (plus it's trackable and insured up to $100 for no extra charge). Definitely check their rates if shipping more than 1# (and save about $2 if you can ship to a business address c/o)... hope this helps!

[quote name='Lamplitersniper']For those of you who buy multiple copies of games on clearance (such as NBA08 etc at target) .... how do you trade them in? one a day? all at the same time? do you leave them wrapped or do you unwrap them? I would think if you brought in 5 copies of the same game over a week span that they would say something no?[/quote]

Never at the same time and always opened. The trade agreement allows 2 of the same title per day, per store (separate trade agreement with each store). I generally dump 1 per store and spread them to various stores (I trade at 4 different stores, but the majority at 1). Trading multiple copies at the same store could be a red flag and may lead you to bannage.

I did, however, break my own rule and dump 2 copies of NBA 08 at two separate stores today (and got the "two copies of the same game?" question from one manager). These were both my "fallback" stores that I rarely use, but I needed credit to pick up a Wii for my nephew this evening.

I had a case in the past where I traded a Red Ninja on a Tuesday and another to the same store the following Friday and was asked "how many of these are you going to trade?". I was then told that I wasn't allowed to trade another at that store.

In other words, everything is YMMV, so it is best to keep it "safe"...multiple copies should go to separate stores, if not, spread them throughout the week. There is no need to draw attention to yourself, you have a 7 day window (Tues-Mon) to dump your games.

(Note these rules do not apply to Kunai and a select few others)

[quote name='joker______']hmmm thats ood cause ive called bout 7 BB's near me & they said they only carry the major consoles but thanks for the heads up i guess i gotta keep lookin[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a big difference between GR and regular BBs (read the OP ;)). Gamerush stores will have PSPs, Blockbusters won't. Doubledown shops at Gamerushes (I assume). So unless you can find a GR store I wouldn't bother searching for PSPs. Most don't even sell DS's, and that is much more of an impulse "buy-at-the-video-store" kind of thing than a PS3 or 360. I'm quite surprised they don't have a few for sale (plus they are tiny so don't take up their limited stock room space).

On another note, I cleaned up all the console warz posts - please keep that kind of stuff out of this thread!

[quote name='joker______']quick question but do BB/GR sell PSP's?[/quote]

My local GR told me that they've gotten both bundles that came out and will most likely get the GOW one too, but there was no sure confirmation.

Thanks Ops!
Arctic Tale - $16
Sea Monsters - $23
Wii History Channel Battle...$23
PS3 College Hoops 07 $13
PS3 Def Jam $13

turned about $44 into $88

360 Stranglehold $15 (kept it)

[quote name='io']Whaaa? Do you remove it from the box it comes in to do that? I've never seen a flat rate box nearly big enough for the Wii Fit box. The Wii Fit box is 18" long - the largest flat rate boxes are about 12 or 13".

Edit - Just checked USPS web site to be sure: flat rate boxes come in 12 x 12 x 5.5, 11 x 8.5 x 5.5, and 11 7/8 x 3 3/8 x 13 5/8. None are even close to working for Wii Fit ;).

Now UPS Ground might be cheaper, but that has it's own hassles... (OK, quick quote on UPS Ground is $20)[/QUOTE]

After buying it today, I see how long it is. I thought it was only around 11" across. I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='confoosious']I just called Blockbuster about TIVs and the girl told me i'd be better off going to Gamestop![/quote]

Did you point out she might be better off looking for another job with that attitude.

p.s If she's cute she's forgiven

Well, interesting... I just called my local Blockbuster for some trade-in quotes and they greeted me with "...where you can preorder Madden '09!". Wow! They are turning into Gamestop! :lol: (ironic given the posts above this - I hadn't read those yet)

Anyway, phone quotes fresh off the, uh, phone:

:ps3: NBA Street Homecourt $13
:ps3: Simpsons Game $16

I got lucky and arrived at Blockbuster just as they were breaking open their shipments. I picked up 2 Wii Fits (1 for me, 1 for ebay/cl/etc.) and a Wii (already have someone who's gonna buy it).

The store had another 5 Wii fits, but I wanted to see how easily i could dump one before i committed to more. They're probably all gone by now anyways.

[quote name='confoosious']Since I've heard that BB TIVs are nationwide, does anyone know what the TIV of PGR4, NBA Homecourt is for the 360.[/quote]

homecourt idk the price but PGR4 is $9

[quote name='Bezerker']
The store had another 5 Wii fits, but I wanted to see how easily i could dump one before i committed to more. They're probably all gone by now anyways.[/QUOTE]

Well, just got back from my store. They got 2 Wii Fits in and 1 was my preorder. The other is still there as I suspected it would be.

As for other games, my store actually has 4 copies of We Ski, but I'm hesitant to pick that up. I see it as bargain bin fodder in the not too distant future. Looks like they were also prepping display cases for Deca Sports and Wii Fit (maybe that last one will sell once they put out the display case for it).

Also, I got to take a look at their brand new preorder list. They have about 3 games per month listed on it and some were marked with stars meaning they were "definite" preorder candidates. The others, she said, they might or might not get (sounds like the old Gamerush :)). I couldn't write anything down but they had a big promo card on the counter for Madden and NCAA Football '09, and some of the others I remember seeing on the preorder list were Lego Batman, Star Wars Force Unleashed, GH Aerosmith of course, Too Human (I think?), MGS4 of course, and way more that my hazy memory can't recall. The games went through October so hopefully some good stuff will show up when they included Nov/Dec games. There wasn't anything on there I'd want to preorder except possibly Star Wars Unleashed - but that seems more like a rental to me.

Someone asked about NBA Street Homecourt for the 360 - not sure, but I just got $13 for the PS3 version. I searched the thread and the last reported prices were $16 for PS3/$15 for 360 and that was from Feb or so. So I'd guess $12 or $13 for the 360 one now.

[quote name='donut']Thanks Ops!
:wii: Sea Monsters - $23
[/quote]
STILL?!?

My Target's got a wall of these for $7.48 each. Awesome news. Thanks donut!

[quote name='JJSP']STILL?!?

My Target's got a wall of these for $7.48 each. Awesome news. Thanks donut![/quote]

You're lucky im done for the semester! No more Fullerton targets for me until late August.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']You're lucky im done for the semester! No more Fullerton targets for me until late August.[/quote]
Come back and play!

'Course, when I say "my Target", there's about 9 in the area that can qualify.

My BB had the preorder list taped on the counter right next to the register. Guess they really want people to preorder. Need to pick up my Wii Fit, but my Wii is dead it looks like. It wont read any discs at all. Not enough credit for another Wii. Sigh.

[quote name='JJSP']Come back and play!

'Course, when I say "my Target", there's about 9 in the area that can qualify.[/quote]

I would only go to the Harbor/Orangethorpe, Yorba Linda and whatever near CSUF, and occasionally to the other further down Orangethorpe by the GS. Only did I go once to the one way down Harbor and Imperial I believe.

Would someone pretty please post the Target DCPI number for March Madness 08 ? I think I'm too late to the party but would like to check..
Thank you!

Few more
360 Simpsons $15
360 Monster Madness $6
360 Viva Party $8
PS3 ncaa 08 football $13

P.S. You cannot go to another store to trade on the first day you open an account. (found this out the hard way...sigh)

So, went in today before work to get a Wii Fit, as the store manager (with whom I'm friends with) told me they will be receiving them in this morning's shipment. He wasn't there, but one of the other guys I kinda know (but is kind of a dick at times). Anywho....

I took in a bunch of games to trade (will post the list/values in a bit), and asked about Wii Fit. He had already gotten the shipment unpacked, and told me they didn't show up today, but should be in tomorrow or early next week. Fair enough, I'll still trade them in and come back tomorrow before work. We BS for a bit about Wii Fit, and he's telling me that he had no success getting one from either Walmart of GameStop. I leave and head to work.

Fast forward about 5 hours.... my wife decides to give them a call and see what they tell her. The guy I dealt with that morning was already gone for the day, but the other guy working told her that they had two come in that morning, and they were sold fairly quickly. Wait... what?

I went down on my lunch break (thank god for one hour lunch breaks) to get the details of what happened. The guy working didn't know much about what happened, but more or less made excuses for the other guy. He did admit though that he had someone else call up bitching because they were told the same thing that morning, but told something else later on.

What really happened, as I suspected and was led to believe by his desperation to get his hands on one, was he stashed the ones that came in, for himself and possibly for another employee, if not both for himself. (holy run-on) It's not as if I'm some random customer, as I'm in there so often that I'm on a first name/last name basis with practically everyone there. When I trade stuff in, they don't even ask for my name/card/etc. They see me come in with games in hand and pull up my account before I get to the counter.

Needless to say, I'm not happy. They are not sure if/when they are getting more in stock, so now I have $108 in credit (on my account, nonetheless) that I was going to use towards it. I was told to call around lunchtime tomorrow, as they might be getting a few in. I'm planning on going up to talk to the manager tomorrow, anyways, so if by some miracle they have one, I'll be satiated.

Sorry, had to rant. And before anyone asks, I want it to have it, not to resell. Erin wanted it as a belated Mother's Day present. So here's hoping for the best.

[quote name='sp00ge']So, went in today before work to get a Wii Fit, as the store manager (with whom I'm friends with) told me they will be receiving them in this morning's shipment. He wasn't there, but one of the other guys I kinda know (but is kind of a dick at times). Anywho....

I took in a bunch of games to trade (will post the list/values in a bit), and asked about Wii Fit. He had already gotten the shipment unpacked, and told me they didn't show up today, but should be in tomorrow or early next week. Fair enough, I'll still trade them in and come back tomorrow before work. We BS for a bit about Wii Fit, and he's telling me that he had no success getting one from either Walmart of GameStop. I leave and head to work.

Fast forward about 5 hours.... my wife decides to give them a call and see what they tell her. The guy I dealt with that morning was already gone for the day, but the other guy working told her that they had two come in that morning, and they were sold fairly quickly. Wait... what?

I went down on my lunch break (thank god for one hour lunch breaks) to get the details of what happened. The guy working didn't know much about what happened, but more or less made excuses for the other guy. He did admit though that he had someone else call up bitching because they were told the same thing that morning, but told something else later on.

What really happened, as I suspected and was led to believe by his desperation to get his hands on one, was he stashed the ones that came in, for himself and possibly for another employee, if not both for himself. (holy run-on) It's not as if I'm some random customer, as I'm in there so often that I'm on a first name/last name basis with practically everyone there. When I trade stuff in, they don't even ask for my name/card/etc. They see me come in with games in hand and pull up my account before I get to the counter.

Needless to say, I'm not happy. They are not sure if/when they are getting more in stock, so now I have $108 in credit (on my account, nonetheless) that I was going to use towards it. I was told to call around lunchtime tomorrow, as they might be getting a few in. I'm planning on going up to talk to the manager tomorrow, anyways, so if by some miracle they have one, I'll be satiated.

Sorry, had to rant. And before anyone asks, I want it to have it, not to resell. Erin wanted it as a belated Mother's Day present. So here's hoping for the best.[/quote]

I'd call corporate. That is total and utter BS.

"BBGR is trying to get in to the game business but it is obvious its employees do not respect the customers."

"I preorder plenty of games because I am often in your store but if this happens again I will completely stop."

"Furthermore, games should be for sale at BBGR on the day that every other retail chain has them for sale. Do not tell me I have to wait 2 more days so that you get your shipments in, move your shipments forward."

"I preorder games so that I can have them on release day."

"GameStop actually calls my phone with an automated message to remind me of my preorder and assure me that my copy will be there when I arrive to pick it up."

If BBGR is serious about becoming a heavy weight in the video game retail industry, they need to fix some of their policies.

[quote name='donut']Would someone pretty please post the Target DCPI number for March Madness 08 ? I think I'm too late to the party but would like to check..
Thank you!
[/QUOTE]

Well, since I just got back from a Target with 1, I can help out!

Oh, and NBA 08 in case you need that: 207240070

The store I was at Thurs night had about 8 of them but I'm pretty much tapped out. I've already traded 1 at every BB I trade at (all 4 of them), 1 each at 2 different Gamecrazy's that are good on trade-in price matching (as opposed to the ones that never heard of it or say Blockbuster is not a competitor so it doesn't count), and even double-dipped at one of the outlying Blockbusters. I couldn't resist getting another, especially as they had one NBA 08 (which I can still trade at my local Blockbuster) and I needed the pair for the $5 off coupon. So I'll have to figure out where to trade this last NCAA March Madness. Do I double dip at my local store? Do I try to go to the store where all my trouble happened in December? If it is cleared off the account at my local store it probably is there as well, but I'd need to be prepared for it not to be... Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back