The Bourne Conspiracy - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Ke-Z5APKds[/MEDIA]

Vivendi Games division Sierra has revealed Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, a stealth-action game due to debut at E3 next month.
Developed by High Moon Studios and due out next summer, The Bourne Conspiracy will combine all of Jason Bourne's trademark characteristics - including his ingenuity in hand-to-hand combat and fire-fights and his escape and evasion techniques - as witnessed in the big-screen Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy films starring Matt Damon.

Although the first screenshots suggest that High Moon won't be using Damon's face, the game's goals are seemingly indivisible from those of its parent series, making the same promise to delve into Bourne's character and "provide game presentation inspired by the aggressive film-making and frenetic action found in the films".

"High Moon has collaborated closely with Mr Ludlum's estate holders, the guardians of his creative vision, since the day we began to develop the game," says High Moon president Peter Della Penna.
"The goal of that collaboration has been to create a videogame that takes inspiration from known elements within the Bourne universe, elements that have captivated more than a quarter of a billion people around the world, with original story and gameplay that establishes a signature Jason Bourne game experience. Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy is our instalment to the series and is meant to reside on its own within the Bourne entertainment library."

Expect to learn more about what they're up to during E3, which runs from 11th to 13th July.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=78474

I don't know why but it reminds me of the last Mission Impossible game that came out.

That is frickin Sweet, I always thought the bourne series would make an awesome video game.
It does look alot like the MI game but I think it will play alot like Splinter Cell Conviction.

Yes!! I somehow never even saw the movies until about 4 months ago. Now I can't wait until August to see the Bourne Ulitimatum!!! :)

Though I usually a stickler on a game looking generic, and this game's visuals somewhat come off that way, I really am slowly getting very interested in this game. I like what it's doing and so far everything I've seen of it slowly makes me like it more.

oddly, I think this won't be a groundbreaking game, but it twill be above average fun. I plan on purchasing it now rather than how I was before of semi interested.

This reminds me of Indigo Prophecy for some reason, and that's a good thing. Especially when A Bourne game has zero chance to developing Indigo Prophecy Syndrome.

Or, if it does, may god help us all.

Demo's up:

Content: Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
Price: Free
Availability: Australia, New Zealand, India and North America*
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,MILD LANGUAGE,USE OF ALCOHOL,USE OF TOBACCO,VIOLENCE] An intense, fast-paced, authentic Bourne experience. Become the perfect weapon.
Size: 1.24 GB

I never read the books, but it seemed that navigating the city and using the crowd to lose assassins was a big part of the movie. I wonder if they will have stuff like that in the game?

[quote name='MisterHand']Demo is out? Looks like tonight I'll be f***ing Matt Damon.[/quote]

I call sloppy seconds.

I still have to see The Borne: Ultimatum, but I loved the first two movies... I'm excited to try this guy out. I'll post some impressions later on this evening.

Just played the demo and it was fun as hell....reminded me alot of the last Bond game (with Pierce Brosnan) that EA did. I was a big fan of the movies, so I'll probably pick this up (when Fry's has it on sale). :)

[quote name='Swift900']I still have to see The Borne: Ultimatum, but I loved the first two movies... [/quote]
Dude, Ultimatum was the best of the three IMO. I'm wanting to try this out but I can't even get time to play GTA let alone download and play this demo. Thankfully this is the last week of school so I can hopefully play next weekend. I'll be happy when I'm done this summer because these last few years have KILLED me.

Note to those still in high school: Go to college right after high school, not after you have a family and a full-time job.

I'm surprised. I'll try DL'ing it tonight.

I know wrong forum, but out of curiosity is there a Triple version too?

Downloaded and played the Demo. I was rather impressed. I thought it feels and plays pretty solid. Can't wait till the game comes out in the beginning of June.

Okay, I finally got to play the demo, and I dig it. I like the 'anti-button-mashing' random button taps for the cutscenes. I did encounter one glitch, though. While running, my character would attach himself to the wall, then detach himself from the wall, and did so for about ten seconds. But hey, it's a demo for a reason. I do like what I have played thus far.

shitty.
damon_team_america.jpg

I like it a lot. Even though I continue to have my ass handed to me by the boss, I feel the game does a very good job at capturing the likeness of Jason Bourne.

Unfortunately, I don't see myself picking this up until later this year. GTAIV, Rock Band, and Halo 3 are taking up a lot of my time. :bouncy:

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Note to those still in high school: Go to college right after high school, not after you have a family and a full-time job.[/quote]

QFfuckingT!

I'm shocked so many people are liking this... I'll have to download it now, I was't going to bother originally.

I heard on X Play that Matt Damon decided not to be affiliated with this because he didn't like the type of game it was... he wanted it to be like Myst... a point and click adventure game, with puzzles. No, I'm not kidding. That's what they said.

[quote name='PleasantOne']I heard on X Play that Matt Damon decided not to be affiliated with this because he didn't like the type of game it was... he wanted it to be like Myst... a point and click adventure game, with puzzles. No, I'm not kidding. That's what they said.[/quote]

Yeah. Supposedly, Matt Damon does not endorse violence in video games. Cheapy talked about this on a recent CAGcast.

Meh, it's alright. Something I may pick up when cheaper, it kinda feels like a more interactive Dragon's Lair with all the trial and error at times.

[quote name='Swift900']Yeah. Supposedly, Matt Damon does not endorse violence in video games. Cheapy talked about this on a recent CAGcast.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I'll believe the one source (who is a company designed to get celebrities to do VO's in games) that simply said Matt Damon just doesn't like video games and voice overs, as he's declined numerous offers to be in other video games, not just this one.

http://kotaku.com/386431/matt-damons-so-not-interested-in-gaming

There it is, he's declined numerous offers over the years and just isn't interested in the field.

Another post on MTV said it wasn't the violence, he was just disinterested with the game as a whole, but that he did want a Myst like game. The quote where he doesn't endorse violence wasn't from Damon himself, the one where he just wasn't interested in the project at all is though.

He probably just thought it was like every other game he's seen, and not being interested in the field in the first place, just passed. I'm not some kind of Matt Damon superfan, but I've seen him getting a lot of flack for being against violence, when he's just not into games at all ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']He probably just thought it was like every other game he's seen, and not being interested in the field in the first place, just passed. I'm not some kind of Matt Damon superfan, but I've seen him getting a lot of flack for being against violence, when he's just not into games at all ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I can't imagine it being a violence issue, especially for this game, since he was in the movie the game is based on. Unless he can't put two and two together.

I can't imagine him, or anyone, doing VO work for a Myst like game, though... did Myst have any voice acting, except in cut scenes? I don't recall any, and it seems to me like voice acting would totally ruin the atmosphere of such a game - it totally ruins the mysterious vibe and spooky factor. If he'd played it (and why else would he say he wanted a game like that?), I'd think he'd realize that.

I couldn't really blame any actor for not wanting to back a movie based game, given that all most of them suck so badly ;) Sounds like this is an exception to the rule.

[quote name='PleasantOne']Yeah, I can't imagine it being a violence issue, especially for this game, since he was in the movie the game is based on. Unless he can't put two and two together.[/quote]

or he realizes the difference between watching something in a movie and taking on the role of a character that kills people in a game...maybe that is a line he doesn't want to cross...maybe he just doesn't want his likeness used in that form of media with other people controlling him and doing those things....

I've actually never seen any of the movies. I thought the demo was great. Hand-to-hand was fun, but looked weird. The gunplay seemed sluggish, but definitely once you get all the stuff down, it seems like it will be fluid fast and fun. Very cinematic, and still makes you feel "in control".

Matt damon is a huge hypocrite...seriously what a douchebag. Its looking to be a great game though. I loved the hand to hand and im a big fan of quicktime events so as long as the game has some length to it Ill buy.

[quote name='Malik112099']or he realizes the difference between watching something in a movie and taking on the role of a character that kills people in a game...maybe that is a line he doesn't want to cross...maybe he just doesn't want his likeness used in that form of media with other people controlling him and doing those things....[/quote]

That is a good, alternative opinion, and one I never considered. Kudos, sir.

Sweet game! (After playing the first stage)

Pretty cool... (After playing through the second stage)

*yawn*... (After fighting the 10 minute long boss/dieing three times)

Meh... (After the driving sequence)

I enjoyed the destructable enviroment, the graphics and music. The hand to hand was pretty neat especially the variety of Adrenaline moves you never see the same one twice. And I like the running away stage. Starting had me go, "wow this has some potential" but near the end of the demo I am back to being skeptical.

The demo was quite good, as the game seems a lot like Uncharted with its cinematic feel and similar mix of gunplay and fighting. It's a step below in the gameplay department shooting not feeling as tight, the constant need to press the Y button to see the next checkpoint, too little time to react when you reach a QTE, and the camera switch between fighting and gunplay being a bit jarring when an enemy comes at you around the corner. The fighting's really nice with great "finishers" that change with the scenery, the shooting finishers are nice for when you're overwhelmed with enemies, and the cinematic feel and pacing's nice. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this when it comes out. I may have to check out the movies in the meantime.

I tried the demo last night. I thought it did an excellent job of translating the kinetic energy from the films, and it was great fun to play.

However, the sample missions were very linear -- not unlike a rail shooter -- and the game takes direct control from you (to show cutscenes) much too often. Based on that, I think I'd be interested in the full game -- but probably only as a rental or bargain bin purchase.

bread's done
Back