The Brand New OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, his body and pack would be there (you can also investigate his death to see how he died). Problem is, the world is so large, that he probably wouldn't spawn anywhere near where he died. By the time he got back to his stuff, it probably would already be looted by someone else.

Need a quiet Friday to end off this week. Getting up at 5:30 this morning is going to kill me later, possibly.

If I stay at 1 case a night I should be done with LA Noire in about two weeks. I only got nighttime gaming in this week, no early morning time. Need to schedule better.

I keep meaning to start BioShock 2 but never get to it. I tried Hunted: The Demon's Forge last week. One hour of that was enough to never need to touch it again.

[quote name='dothog']How big is your yard, what is being done, and how much is the contractor doing it for?

I've contemplated landscaping the front and taking out an old, partially rotted oak tree in the back. I got a quote on the tree removal -- crazy expensive -- but I'm still willing to spend on the front yard (which isn't big). Right now I'm the "bad neighbor" with a shitty front yard full of creeping charlie. It doesn't keep me up at nights, but it might be good to fix in case I want to sell the place.[/QUOTE]

The back yard is only about 500 square feet. Not that big. But it's really uneven and 70% grass 30% weeds and gravel.

They're going to spray and kill the existing crass, bring in some lime, then put down new soil and add some sod on top of that. Also install a french drain due to a standing water problem we have.

All for about $1600. Not that bad of a price, I thought.

One guy quoted us $500 (WTF!) but would never show up to sign the contract and start working. Another quoted us over $2000.

Oh fun. York country is under a Tornado watch. Mak and 83 (and whoever else). You guys want to recreate the scene from Twister?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Mak, no clue, but just avoid the arma ii free and stick with the plain ol arma ii demo.[/QUOTE]

Done

[quote name='JStryke']Oh fun. York country is under a Tornado watch. Mak and 83 (and whoever else). You guys want to recreate the scene from Twister?[/QUOTE]

The flying cow one?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh, and mak, if you do buy the game, make sure you buy the combined operations pack for $30. That's the one that runs the mod.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty

Mak, you JUST missed out on Combined for $15 on Amazon. In all honesty wait if you enjoy it, it'll be part of the Steam summer sale or on Amazon again.

Day Z sounds phenomenal, I've got to check it out sometime. It would probably get infuriating trying to play with others though, since everyone seems to be very quick to backstab and double cross their friends. I'm sure 99% of people probably just kill each other on sight or whenever the opportunity presents itself until they get backstabbed themselves.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is looking awesome. I played the demo from the first one and it wasn't too shabby. Maybe I should pick it up.

EDIT: Sweet! A new Criterion Need for Speed on the way!

[quote name='Number83']The perma death intrigues me...Apparently Hardcore mode in Diablo 3 is permanent as well. Imagine being Level 60, getting all legendaries and as you're progressing you get disconnected from Battle.net?[/QUOTE]

Try level 82 in diablo 2 harcore with a MF sorc, only to be backstabbed for the loot that was agreed to be distributed equally. Friendships were destroyed from this.

Unfortunately, I haven't learned my lesson! It's hardcore or nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a bombastic cheddar beer soup :drool:

[quote name='Lyricsborn']So is NFS MW a remake of the first one?[/QUOTE]

As long as its made by Criterion I dont care what it is. :)

I kind of wish they would take a step back away from NFS personally. I love Criterion as much as the next person, but I want to see another Burnout game. And not that Paradise BS.

That Day Z thing is nuts. I was just watching a survival video and apparently you can hunt animals and cook them - eat them for food and save their blood for transfusions. I tried the Arma II demo and I'm really terrible at it (and PC FPS controls in general) but I think I'm gonna keep trying so I can get into this thing.

I've watched several videos of that mod and it's (along with a few other titles and all the new gen i7 talk in here) me eager to do another PC build.

On a less positive note-
I've done something terrible to my Achilles tendon.

Oxy and honey bourdon don't erase the pain but they make damn sure I don't care that I can't walk but a scant 15 feet. The sweet life . . . high cotton.

[quote name='Maklershed']Why is the Max Payne 3 PC download the same price as a physical copy?[/QUOTE]

Give it a week or so. Publishers still haven't caught on to release download copies at a lower price immediately but it'll be on sale shortly.

Arkham City GOTY Edition is out. Dont know if I should pick it up now for $49 or wait even longer for another drop in price.

I should get the caulk gun out and use liquid nails to re-attach some stones to our retaining wall today. But I'm not sure if I'll get around to it.
Hey, it might rain....

Watching videos of Day Z, didn't exactly see what I expected. Graphics and animations look like 1950s PC gaming and apparently fighting the zombies isn't even a focus of the actual game. What is the objective and what makes it fun? Looked like a lot of running around avoiding actual combat and people on the videos passing up a ton of random stuff as they explored.

Am I missing something here?

I wanna play some Super Monday Night Combat.
[quote name='munch']Back from Nigeria![/QUOTE]
How was it?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Watching videos of Day Z, didn't exactly see what I expected. Graphics and animations look like 1950s PC gaming and apparently fighting the zombies isn't even a focus of the actual game. What is the objective and what makes it fun? Looked like a lot of running around avoiding actual combat and people on the videos passing up a ton of random stuff as they explored.

Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

ARMA games look like shit but are incredibly deep. They're actually used (as modified versions) as military simulators for the actual military. So for Day Z instead of a run & gun zombie shooter like Left 4 Dead, you get something closer to reality: Survival. When the apocalypse happens you're not going to be an uber badass killing zeds left and right, you're going to be scrounging for food and trying to stay alive. It's a more "realistic" take on the zombie genre.

Think the difference between Fallout and The Road.

Based on the size and scope of the game, I find the graphics to be pretty decent.

Also, if you're looking for COD, then current players of Day Z would appreciate it if you played something else.

Beat Uncharted 3 :whee:

I think Max Payne 3 (
iconxbox360.gif
) is next.

[quote name='Maklershed']Beat Uncharted 3 :whee:

I think Max Payne 3 (
iconxbox360.gif
) is next.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing Max Payne 3 on 360, why did you care about the PC price?

Symmetric analog sticks suck. Couldn't they have done an adult size & updated Wavebird style controller with its asymmetric stick layout? I mean, weren't they the originators of that layout improvement?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Symmetric analog sticks suck. Couldn't they have done an adult size & updated Wavebird style controller with its asymmetric stick layout? I mean, weren't they the originators of that layout improvement?[/QUOTE]

Yes, not that I'd buy a wiiu anyway.

To Julius, the guy who killed me in Day Z:

You're a dick. If there ever is a zombie apocalypse, I'm just going to stay in my house, because I'd much rather deal with zombies than humans.

It was nice of you to say "rest in beans" after you killed me, though.

I'm the first to love realistic games and such, but IMO it looked like, on first impressions, it was a whole lot of hiding/running. Not doing a whole lot of anything aside from people running around and hording beans. I have no problem with that, but is there anything more then trying to beat a personal best for how long you can survive before you get murdered in cold blood (which seems to be the most likely death)?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']To Julius, the guy who killed me in Day Z:

You're a dick. If there ever is a zombie apocalypse, I'm just going to stay in my house, because I'd much rather deal with zombies than humans.

It was nice of you to say "rest in beans" after you killed me, though.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, murders seem way too common. I even saw that apparently people like to sit on top of towers and pick off noobs that just made accounts.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you're playing Max Payne 3 on 360, why did you care about the PC price?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't PC that had anything to do with it - it was that digital cost as much as physical. I just noticed it cause I was looking at prices in Steam.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']People still give a shit about Zelda?[/QUOTE]

I would it if it weren't a franchise of the worst gaming company out there. If it were on 360/PS3 I'd be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back