The Brand New OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Dang, Sean Hunter. Glad to see you're OK.[/QUOTE]

I put that graphics card in the mail yesterday. Would have done it earlier, but I am working an obscene amount of hours. My first week back to work I put in 77 hours and this week I probably put in more.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I put that graphics card in the mail yesterday. Would have done it earlier, but I am working an obscene amount of hours. My first week back to work I put in 77 hours and this week I probably put in more.[/QUOTE]

37.5 uppins for me.

Oh hey, new gun.

b0a34235.jpg

Are the Dark Tower books all that much different than The Stand as far as tone goes? I just listened to that this week and am trying to work through Team of Rivals, but I am going to need some new reading soon.

[quote name='Maklershed']Very much so in my opinion. Apples to oranges as far as I'm concerned. The Stand > Dark Tower imo[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. The reason I asked is because I really liked the constant growing fear of the dark man's presence. Him being in the dark tower books had me somewhat interested even though I absolutely hate westerns. I guess I will finish the lord of the rings trilogy and read the hobbit.

I think I've only read the first three books of The Dark Tower but its really weird. The first book is horrible. "The protagonist walks through the desert" pretty much sums it up. It gets better in the next books but whats happening still isn't quite explained properly. The Stand on the other hand, while bloated with a lot of irrelevant story is very good (much like Under the Dome and 11/23/63) and just the interaction amongst the characters and the atmosphere is worth the price of admission.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']They have Dark Tower graphic novels too. I've been tempted to check them out.

Speaking of reading...I'm not sure how I feel about Lovecraft...[/QUOTE]

At the Mountains of Madness was great.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Damn Sean glad you're ok. Thankfully you have the long weekend to rest up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. No gym for me for a while :/

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I put that graphics card in the mail yesterday. Would have done it earlier, but I am working an obscene amount of hours. My first week back to work I put in 77 hours and this week I probably put in more.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, bwah. No rush at all!

Casey is makin' that money. :O

2 things. Any pick up the new future soldiers game? Also, if you pre-ordered Hitman the stand alone DLC came out already...its called Sniper Challenge...its decent in a Hitman sort of way but 1 level with 10 or so unlocks for the real game.

Hey SeanR (or anyone else who works out), do you have a good weight lifting plan for a relative beginner? I started going back to the gym, but it has been a good 4+ years since I last did any weight lifting and I am looking for a good program to follow.

[quote name='Cage017']The Amazon Gold Box has this portable hard drive for $55: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

I think 500 GB will be enough for me but is this a good deal or should I wait for something better?[/QUOTE]

The real question is if you need more than 500 gb. I don't see anything wrong with that price myself, but I don't really follow those prices much

[quote name='Rocko']http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwa...s-Guide-for-EntryLevel-Gaming--April-2012.htm

Is that guide worth anything? I'm considering building a new computer soon since I'm kind of due and I'd like to play Diablo in better quality.[/QUOTE]
My new rig ran me about 1600 and its an SLI monster. You could build a better system for the same price as the Intel build more than likely.

Before I decided to go with an i7 and corresponding mother board, I was looking at i5s and it would have been around 1200. I guess the best question is what is your budget/price range?

Since we have a lot of computer experts out there, I'll go ahead and throw in my own question. My router loves to keep disconnecting me from the internet and then reconnecting me a minute later (which makes playing online annoying as hell). Did a little research and messing with channels right now (it was originally on five, and switched to one to no success. Testing out channel 11 currently which will be my best bit after downloading inSSIDer). If that doesn't work, what's my best course of action?

Router in question is TP-Link 150M Wireless Lite N Router. Model No. TL-WR740N

[quote name='JStryke']Since we have a lot of computer experts out there, I'll go ahead and throw in my own question. My router loves to keep disconnecting me from the internet and then reconnecting me a minute later (which makes playing online annoying as hell). Did a little research and messing with channels right now (it was originally on five, and switched to one to no success. Testing out channel 11 currently which will be my best bit after downloading inSSIDer). If that doesn't work, what's my best course of action?

Router in question is TP-Link 150M Wireless Lite N Router. Model No. TL-WR740N[/QUOTE]
From the reviews on NewEgg, it looks like a good basic router.

I myself replaced an aging 7-8 year old Linksys WRT54, with this Netgear WNDR3800 about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122434

Yeah, its pricy as hell, but works flawlessly. Haven't had to reset it once. Unlike the old Linksys that I had to reset at least once every 36 hours

[quote name='Rocko']http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwa...s-Guide-for-EntryLevel-Gaming--April-2012.htm

Is that guide worth anything? I'm considering building a new computer soon since I'm kind of due and I'd like to play Diablo in better quality.[/QUOTE]

That guide is fucking terrible. As long as you can handle a few MIR you can do way better. SD has all types of parts deals too and is a great resource for finding good deals on PC parts.

Case in point AR I got a better case (Antec 1100) for only 20 dollars more, and I got a better PSU for 30 dollars less. For an extra 20 dollars best buy has a 2 TB HD. You also need more than 4 gigs of RAM. It is also worth paying the extra 30 bucks to get a 2500k especially if you want to overclock your CPU (the 3570K is also worth looking at).

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey SeanR (or anyone else who works out), do you have a good weight lifting plan for a relative beginner? I started going back to the gym, but it has been a good 4+ years since I last did any weight lifting and I am looking for a good program to follow.[/QUOTE]

I would look into StrongLifts 5x5. It's a really great compound lifting program that hits everything. Way better than a bunch of isolation exercises. You should be able to find the PDF manual online.

[quote name='DT778']ch6[/QUOTE]

If it was on channel 5 and was bad, channel 6 won't be much better I'm sure.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']From the reviews on NewEgg, it looks like a good basic router.

I myself replaced an aging 7-8 year old Linksys WRT54, with this Netgear WNDR3800 about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122434

Yeah, its pricy as hell, but works flawlessly. Haven't had to reset it once. Unlike the old Linksys that I had to reset at least once every 36 hours[/QUOTE]

Ouch. You weren't kidding on it being pricey. Thus far channel 11 has been working decent. One disconnect, but better than channel 1 or 5. Although I think the real test will be in the morning as my connection stability is normally at it's worst then.

[quote name='Maklershed']Pc is back and running yay! Anyone have a diablo code yet?

Also should I use this opportunity to switch to Chrome or should I stick w Firefox?[/QUOTE]
Hey Mak, you still need that D3 Guest Pass code?

Nope, Mr. 83 hooked me up. Thank you though.

Prototype 2 = $29.99 on Amazon today. Kinda tempting. I hear from the various podcasts its pretty good.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nope, Mr. 83 hooked me up. Thank you though.

Prototype 2 = $29.99 on Amazon today. Kinda tempting. I hear from the various podcasts its pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean it is $29.99 on Amazoan today?

Went to a Mariners game on Sunday. Safly did not get to meet Kid Compost.
images

For not being a baseball fan, it wasn't a bad 3 hours.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']So, I just bought Arma II so I could play the Day Z mod. Anyone else here play? Thought maybe we could be survivor buddies![/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to install the mod. Sounds so awesome, and running it on the ARMA engine is even better. Going to be brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back