The CAG Backlog Support Group.

As someone who's been homeless before, I feel for you, man. I had to fit almost everything I owned into a very small storage unit and lived in my car for a couple weeks until I could afford a motel that had a decent weekly rate I could afford. I lived in that motel for about three months until I found a new apartment. I sold off a lot of my possessions back then, things I still regret having to sell, including most of my consoles and alot of my games. It was tough getting back on my feet.

All I can recommend is that you prioritize keeping your job and your car. If you got those two things, you'll eventually dig yourself out of it. Check the weekly rates for motels in your area, and see if its something you can afford until you find better living arrangements. If you gotta live in your car for a bit, its not comfortable but it'll allow you to save some money. Check local craigslist and social media like Facebook for rooms for rent or roommates wanted--sometimes you'll find something there. Make sure you have a renter's contract next time to avoid something like this happening again.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for the best for you.

As someone who's been homeless before, I feel for you, man. I had to fit almost everything I owned into a very small storage unit and lived in my car for a couple weeks until I could afford a motel that had a decent weekly rate I could afford. I lived in that motel for about three months until I found a new apartment. I sold off a lot of my possessions back then, things I still regret having to sell, including most of my consoles and alot of my games. It was tough getting back on my feet.

All I can recommend is that you prioritize keeping your job and your car. If you got those two things, you'll eventually dig yourself out of it. Check the weekly rates for motels in your area, and see if its something you can afford until you find better living arrangements. If you gotta live in your car for a bit, its not comfortable but it'll allow you to save some money. Check local craigslist and social media like Facebook for rooms for rent or roommates wanted--sometimes you'll find something there. Make sure you have a renter's contract next time to avoid something like this happening again.

I wish you luck and hope things work out for the best for you.
Thank you, I do have my job for now. My car may not be as certain as I had been living paycheck to paycheck. I guess since I won't be paying rent anymore that money could go to motels.

No doubt about it, I'll probably be forced to sell my games. Selling the backlog titles that I never got to playing is probably going to sting. I just hope I won't be forced to sell the sentimental games from my childhood.

I don't know if I should even tell my workplace about my uncertain living arrangements and my situation. I will look into motels and local listings on social media.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last few months, I've nocked off several games from my backlog, especially PS4. Finally beat two of the best games on the system, Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War. Both great games, and I'm not sure why I waited so long to get around to them.

I also finally beat Yakuza 3. I played it on the PS3 back in the day, and got pretty far, then shelved it. Then, about 4 years ago, I tried playing it again, and managed to get even a little bit farther, but then I got distracted by some other game and shelved it again. Finally tho, I played thru it and beat it in the Yakuza Remastered Collection for PS4. Gonna finally play Yakuza 4 sometime later this year.

I also finally played and beat all the Castlevania games on the Anniversary Collection. Back in the early 90's, I used to own Castlevania 1 on the NES, and I remember always playing it and only ever getting as far as the Grim Reaper. I beat him a couple times back then, but then I would always die on the stage after him. I remember renting 2 but didn't play it too much, not realizing what to do or where to go, then returning the game the next day. I never played 3 or 4 or Bloodlines. So, it was nice getting to play and beat all of them. Super Castlevania 4 was probably my fav on the collection. Those latter stages are brutal!

Still lots and lots and lots of games on the backlog. 

I haven't played a game in about 5-6 weeks. 

I was into Darkest Dungeon PS4 but I got to the point where I was spending so much time doing prep work on characters before missions that each time I played it was a 3 hour ordeal at least. 

As someone that likes turn based RPGs I like it a lot, but it's a very unforgiving game as it autosaves and when you lose a character it's permadeath.  But the game was designed for this, you put them through the meatgrinder and bring in new characters.  The most difficult part is the stress effects on the characters and how they can make your dungeon crawl fall apart quickly.  There is also a lot of strategy on character positioning and movement against specific foes.

I know if I move away from it I'll likely never go back but I feel I need a change of pace.

Well it looks like I might be getting evicted at the end of the month and probably homeless. Despite paying rent and following my landlord's fair rules.

Landlord has Stage 4 cancer. They are good people overall.

I don't know what I'm going to do. Worst case, I'm camping outside in the woods behind my work. Maybe, bathe at the local gym; gonna need a membership.

Relevance to this thread. I guess I am going to have to go full digital now and/or handhelds only. I suppose I could sell off my physical copies of games to get digital versions of the games I really wanted to keep.

Any advice? Thanks ahead.
So how things going? Find a new place?

I haven't played a game in about 5-6 weeks.

I was into Darkest Dungeon PS4 but I got to the point where I was spending so much time doing prep work on characters before missions that each time I played it was a 3 hour ordeal at least.

As someone that likes turn based RPGs I like it a lot, but it's a very unforgiving game as it autosaves and when you lose a character it's permadeath. But the game was designed for this, you put them through the meatgrinder and bring in new characters. The most difficult part is the stress effects on the characters and how they can make your dungeon crawl fall apart quickly. There is also a lot of strategy on character positioning and movement against specific foes.

I know if I move away from it I'll likely never go back but I feel I need a change of pace.
Darkest Dungeon was an awesome game. I played the hell out of it and put in 100+ hours and still felt like I only scratched the surface. I was like you, wanting to play more but felt like I needed to move on. I can't wait for the sequel tho, but I doubt it'll come to consoles anytime soon after it finally releases on PC early next year. I predict maybe 2024 for consoles.

Got Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night off the backlog. I haven't 100%'ed it or anything, but its such a great 2D Castlevania clone, I'm sure I'll keep going back to it. I played the two 8-bit Bloodstained games and still go back to them occasionally for a quick romp. Now that I've enjoyed the full Bloodstained game, it really makes me wish for a Castlevania revival.

I also finally beat Mary Skelter 2 on the Switch. I've been working my way thru it for about a year now, usually playing for a bit before going to sleep. Good relaxing dungeon-crawl RPG. I may start the first Mary Skelter eventually, but I'm gonna take a break from it for now.

I'm gonna try and beat Monark now. I'm only about a quarter way thru it, so hopefully I can get it crossed off the backlog before Xenoblade 3 comes out and takes all my gaming time away. Monark is very grindy, but the gameplay is decent enough to keep me interested. The soundtrack isn't bad either.

So how things going? Find a new place?
One of my landlords passed away recently from cancer. The other one said I could stay, but I don't know what's going on or if that will change.

I probably should take a more active approach in finding another place. I have been just focusing more on work and trying not to think about it.

I got rid of a lot of non-video game stuff I don't need anymore though. Condensed a bunch of cardboard boxes of loose video game related stuff into smaller plastic bins.

I just can't get myself to get rid of video game stuff. Hoping that I would find the time to finish start/finish.

I did finish Prototype on the PS3. Took me a whole month of playing though.

So I'm not really confident I'll ever get through the last two generations, which is the bulk of my backlog.

What really sucks is the landlord lady was a nice old lady. On a more positive side, I always wondered what "it could be worse" is like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had much time for games this month. Too much traveling, vacationing, and outdoors stuff. Finally went to the Grand Canyon and did a bunch of hiking there. Such a great time. I've also been doing a bunch of home remodeling, putting my handy-man skills to use. Still lots to do!

I did finally manage to beat Monark tho. I liked the combat gameplay, but it was far too grindy.

Looking forward to diving into Xenoblade 3, as I'm sure that'll consume the majority of my gaming time for the next couple months. In the meantime, I'm also gonna try and knock out some quick games in the backlog. Might move back to Mega Man, either the X collection, or the Zero/ZX collection, and I still want to replay Bayonetta 1 & 2 before the new one hits in October, so I'm gonna try to fit those in too.

So I'm currently racing the clock; decided to play Babylon's Fall on PS4.  The servers shut down February 28th.

It's ok, it's a game in the same vein as Destiny in that you go out and battle creatures for weapons, treasures and such.  I like that you can collect parts and materials to upgrade and modify your weapons and armor, something Destiny lacks.   I understand the gripes over the graphics not being the greatest though they meant for everything to look like an oil painting then tried to upscale after everything looked like crap on the beta.

I beat the main quest, but there are apparently two more with increasing difficulty that require a lot of grinding.  I've come to terms with the fact that I will not finish the game 100%, but now I'm looking to gather as many trophies as a can before they're gone forever. 

What I need for Platinum:

• Platinum - all other trophies.
  • Kill an enemy with a shield. (I can't figure this out as it only blocks)
  • Enhance an accessory to level 3.
  • Enhance a weapon to level 10.
  • Enhance a piece of armor to level 10.
  • Collect 100 pieces of legendary weapons or armor.
  • Collect 1,000,000 conch (in-game money).

Essentially that will require a lot of grinding to gather parts for the enhancements and earning the legendary equipment.  Also, I gotta hope that the 1,000,000 conch is accumulative instead of what I actually have or I'm never going to reach that one. 

I have 28 days. 

So I'm currently racing the clock; decided to play Babylon's Fall on PS4. The servers shut down February 28th.

It's ok, it's a game in the same vein as Destiny in that you go out and battle creatures for weapons, treasures and such. I like that you can collect parts and materials to upgrade and modify your weapons and armor, something Destiny lacks. I understand the gripes over the graphics not being the greatest though they meant for everything to look like an oil painting then tried to upscale after everything looked like crap on the beta.

I beat the main quest, but there are apparently two more with increasing difficulty that require a lot of grinding. I've come to terms with the fact that I will not finish the game 100%, but now I'm looking to gather as many trophies as a can before they're gone forever.

Essentially that will require a lot of grinding to gather parts for the enhancements and earning the legendary equipment. Also, I gotta hope that the 1,000,000 conch is accumulative instead of what I actually have or I'm never going to reach that one.

I have 28 days.
I've advanced quite a bit since this post. Probably the most I've played games in a year or so.

The shield trophy was a matter of how I had it slotted in my active inventory, made a difference in how it was used. The 1,000,000 conch was accumulative, which was a huge relief. I collected about 350,000 in the past few days which means I'm putting way too much time into this.

Enhancing the weapons will be a bit tricky; it requires specific crafting materials when you get up to the higher levels. I need to level up just a bit more to get to access to modes that will allow me to get some of those parts.

Should have the platinum within a week.

It's been a while since any posts in this thread, so here is what I've been playing this year. These were all on the PS4.

• Babylon's Fall. I got the Platinum trophy a week or so before the servers shut down. I enjoyed that game more than I probably should have. I'd never been online when a game shut down, there were a lot of people in the lobby.

• Battlefield 2042. It took a while to get used to the gameplay since I'm used to COD, but it was ok. Not the greatest. The controls felt...numb. Hit detection was bad. Love the game modes and huge maps though.

• House Flipper. It became boring very quickly. Got some trophies and moved on.

• Mad Max. If you enjoy Fallout, car combat and beatem' ups, you really need to check this one out. I really enjoyed the open map, simple combat and character level ups. I highly recommend checking this one out.

• Road 96. This was a fun narrative driven game. There is replay ability with this one as you can make different choices which will lead to different interactions and results. This is an easy Platinum for you trophy chasers.

• Rust. What can I say about Rust that hasn't already been said about a colonoscopy? It is painful and leaves you full of anxiety in anticipation. You join a server with other players that is constantly active. Those other players are out to screw you over whether you're online or not. You have to gather resources and build a base that can withstand offline raids all while not being killed by other players or nature. This game can be brutal as you can lose hours, even days of progress in a matter of minutes if the right person or group decides to mess with you. I've probably put in about 100 hours on this game. There are some that have thousands. It can be addicting. You have been warned.

• Pure Hold'em - World Poker Championship. I can't say too much about this game, I couldn't get into an online match but it appears tournaments still happen. You can go up against AI players but they become predictable in how they operate.

• Car Mechanic Simulator. I'm a car guy, that's how I got my username. Saw this in the recent B2G1 sale at GS and had to have it. You take on jobs repairing cars for customers to earn money and upgrade your garage and abilities. It's pretty much problem-solving puzzles and as you get further along it does help if you have an understanding of cars. The game does get a little grindy, but the fun part is getting to buy cars to rebuild from auctions or "barn finds". Car people will like this one. This is difficult to find physically but it is available in the PS store.

Not sure where I'm going to move to next. Red Dead Redemption II, CupHead, Deadpool, Godzilla, Call of Cthulhu... not to mention that I'm a Fallout fan and I haven't gotten the chance to try out Fallout 4 or 76. I also have a PS5 I haven't hooked up yet.

bread's done
Back