The CAG Fund for the Child's Play Charity - [Gifts Purchased!]

Can you PM everyone on the site? Like, next year send a PM to everyone as a nice reminder? Normally id be against force feeding "causes" (stop ringing the fucking bell!) but when its such a perfect fit for the community I think a small annoyance is acceptable

18 MK DS's....impressive.

Good to see that the money we save by being "cheap ass gamers" can be put to good uses like this. I'm definitely looking forward to next year.

Awesome! Maybe we can play some of the kids online! Glad I could help a little, and thanks to everyone who kicked in even $1!

Is it true that DS's can disrupt pacemakers? I hope that the hospitals are aware of this.
I think it would be awesome to have a game room in hospitals were kids can get together and interact. I hated being stuck in my hospital room all the time.

From Nintendo's website (in part):

The Nintendo DS can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers.
  • Do not operate the Nintendo DS within 9 inches of a pacemaker while using the wireless feature.
  • If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the wireless feature of the Nintendo DS without first consulting your physician or the manufacturer of your medical device.
I have to believe the hospitals are aware of this.

Just a suggestion for next year.

Since most of us here at CAG regularly buy and sell on Ebay, Maybe next year we could auction off our game donations instead of 'raffle' them and have the proceeds go to Child's Play. AFIK, they are not registered at Ebay, but maybe Cheapy could mention this to his contact there.

This would be good advertisement for the charity and broaden the scope of donors to more than just CAGers. It could also raise a lot more money. Thoughts?

[quote name='bmulligan']Just a suggestion for next year.

Since most of us here at CAG regularly buy and sell on Ebay, Maybe next year we could auction off our game donations instead of 'raffle' them and have the proceeds go to Child's Play. AFIK, they are not registered at Ebay, but maybe Cheapy could mention this to his contact there.

This would be good advertisement for the charity and broaden the scope of donors to more than just CAGers. It could also raise a lot more money. Thoughts?[/QUOTE] I too thought this was a great idea and actually did mention it to my contact at Child's Play a few weeks ago. I think the problem is that they are not set-up as nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. I didn't get any feedback, but that is my guess.

bread's done
Back