The CAG Mario Kart/Animal Crossing/Tony Hawk WiFi Thread - 'Friend Codes' - Up. 12-21

No Problem, I noticed how much work it was to make a list like that, so I decided to help out a bit. The only problem I had was not knowing how you wanted the list set up, either just an A-Z list, or a series of lists based on the updates.

If anything we should be thanking you for updating the first post with the uberlist that probally took like half an hour to compile.

[quote name='TheYellowDart']Name: DavidSpade

Game: Mario Kart

Code:
070886[/QUOTE]

See the first post for the correct format.

[quote name='DMFunk']No Problem, I noticed how much work it was to make a list like that, so I decided to help out a bit. The only problem I had was not knowing how you wanted the list set up, either just an A-Z list, or a series of lists based on the updates.

If anything we should be thanking you for updating the first post with the uberlist that probally took like half an hour to compile.[/QUOTE]
that would have been better.

I'll be getting a wireless router tomorrow so watch out for me on Mario Kart.

Grrr... not really sure what's going on. I've got a Linksys WAP plugged into my Linksys Router and it's not working at home. I'm currently on it with my laptop but I can't get the DS to see the access point at all. Really kinda weird. I've had issues with the WAP in the past, but it seems to be working fine now. EVerything is at the default factory setting (the WAP is 802.11b).

Oh well, no MK online till I go back to school I guess. Maybe I'll order the USB thing for Christmas break ;)

I'm going to be setting up my wireless router tonight so hopefully I'll play with some CAGs tonight or tomorrow.

I'll also post my number later on

Is there any way to get a router that's been listed as non compatible to work with the DS? I just picked up Mario Kart today and realized my router wasn't compatible. I bought the Belkin F5D7230-4 v.4 instead of v.2. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck buying a new router?

[quote name='evilmax17']There seems to be a "Nintendo Wi-fi" option when you go in to Edit your Profile here on CAG. Anyone try it out yet?[/QUOTE]

It appears to just put your Friend Code into your CAG profile, as far as I can tell...

[quote name='dcfox']Is there any way to get a router that's been listed as non compatible to work with the DS? I just picked up Mario Kart today and realized my router wasn't compatible. I bought the Belkin F5D7230-4 v.4 instead of v.2. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck buying a new router?[/QUOTE]
You could try this it worked on my router and Nintendo lists it as incompatible!

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=tech_questions_wifi&message.id=4412

I don't know if would work with a Belkin though?

botticus - 386607-235892 - OH

Man, I might actually be decent at Mario Kart. Not sure how they set wins/losses exactly. Is it each track, or every match? I'm either 3-1 or 1-0.

Nevermind, my record says I'm 3-0, woo.

[quote name='ramprider0']You could try this it worked on my router and Nintendo lists it as incompatible!

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=tech_questions_wifi&message.id=4412

I don't know if would work with a Belkin though?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link. :D
Edit: Couldn't get it to work for me. Looked around the Nintendo Wifi forums and the general consensus is if you have the belkin, just get a new router. I guess it'll be a while before I'll be able to join you fine folks online, hopefully before Animal Crossing hits.

is it true you dont even need the cart to play this (any wifi) game? looking to get a ds when the bundle comes out. something like you can play up to 14 players with only one cart between 14 ds's. thanks for the help.

Thanks CheapyD.

zfin - 313592 - 195837 - FL

I feel for you dcfox, I had just purchased that same version of the Belkin, and was going insane for a day and a half trying to figure out what I'd done wrong.

Then I too found the info saying it wasn't compatible with the Nintendo WiFi over on the Nintendo board. Luckily I'd just bought it a couple days earlier and took it back for a refund, and then went with a D-Link router over at Radio Shack instead, that works perfectly for me now.

Darke - 335067-699915 - Seaside, CA

I'm sure my wife, a.k.a DarkeKatt, will be using my DS and game to go online. So guess just need to let us know in advance who wants to play heh. I don't want my record to be lost under her DS...nor buy another game >.>; enough with having 2 Yu-gi-oh games.

[quote name='nakanenui']is it true you dont even need the cart to play this (any wifi) game? looking to get a ds when the bundle comes out. something like you can play up to 14 players with only one cart between 14 ds's. thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
You can play multiplayer locally with just one cart between 8 DS's (everyone w/o the cart will be Shy Guy). However, other than that (WiFi included), you need the game.

[quote name='daroga']Grrr... not really sure what's going on. I've got a Linksys WAP plugged into my Linksys Router and it's not working at home. I'm currently on it with my laptop but I can't get the DS to see the access point at all. Really kinda weird. I've had issues with the WAP in the past, but it seems to be working fine now. EVerything is at the default factory setting (the WAP is 802.11b).

Oh well, no MK online till I go back to school I guess. Maybe I'll order the USB thing for Christmas break ;)[/QUOTE]
Are you broadcasting the SSID? You can't manually input what it should be looking for in the DS, while you may have done that on your laptop.

[quote name='CheapyD']FYI, if you enter your wifi # on your Edit Profile screen, it will now display under your avatar.[/QUOTE]
thats good for now cheapy, but i think that the wifi id is going to be different for all games... at least thats the impression i got.

[quote name='iheartmetal']thats good for now cheapy, but i think that the wifi id is going to be different for all games... at least thats the impression i got.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the friend codes change for each game (I think b/c they get auto-generated). It would be great if you coud link your WiFi ID (the one you can register at nintendowifi.com) with any WFC-enabled game so that your friend code would stay the same.

I have added:

Eshbums
Demontooth
Darthrook
Angelliclulu
SpookyD
Sonderiaom
Dowlichr

to my MK: DS friend list, please do the same for me. :D

[quote name='iheartmetal']thats good for now cheapy, but i think that the wifi id is going to be different for all games... at least thats the impression i got.[/QUOTE]Oh, thats pretty lame. Hmm..we'll Ill probably axe that idea then.

[quote name='CheapyD']Oh, thats pretty lame. Hmm..we'll Ill probably axe that idea then.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Friend Codes should be universal between games.

In the process of adding everyone from the last couple of pages, so if any of you are interested in playing, post here or send me a PM.

Here is my code:

The UMX has arrived on Mario Kart! Everybody get ready to beat my ass. :)

Also, I'm in Ohio though I guess my profile makes that clear figured I'd post it.

ID:
Jonason

Friend Code:

I need the practice BIG TIME... rustier than a nail at the game - guess it'll come back to me soon enough :)

Edit: Lemme put it the requested way, too... DUH!

jlkeeton - 485391 645943 - GA

I've added a few people in the last few pages as well, also Jsweeney, from the front, just cause we've talked more when I was an active member of the forums lol. Add me too :D

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Good to play ya UMX. Can ya give me a tip on the initial boost man? I can't seem to get it >.

bread's done
Back