The CAG weight-loss challenge - Week 1 weigh-in NOW! (until 23:59 9/18)

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Well, I've decided to finally do something about it. Now that we're mostly moved in to our apartment, it's time to go back to the gym. It's too late for me to lose any kind of weight for the wedding I'm going to, but I should start now for New Year's and beyond (like my 10-year reunion, if I go).

So, here's the challenge: Lose the most weight (by percentage of starting weight) to win. What's the prize? Your health. Not having a job, that's the most I can offer. If I can find a place to stash some stuff I'm trying to give away, I'll offer that.

The challenge runs from 9/6/06 to 12/31/06. On New Years, Phase II will commence. I'm sure someone can come up with a prize out of their coffers for those who are a little better off than I am.

Rules:
1) Winner is determined by the percentage of weight loss from the original weight. Formula being number of pounds / starting weight.
2) Weigh-ins will be weekly, anytime between Sunday noon EDT/EST to midnight Monday EDT/EST (Start of Sunday football to end of MNF). If you miss a weigh-in, just like missing a drug test, you're no longer in running for the title.
3) Don't cheat. This is for your personal well-being more than anything else, and for anyone who chooses to participate to help you with your goals.
4) Be safe. Don't feel the need to go to the gym 8 times a day just to win. Think long-term health here.
5) If you want to post what you did every day, feel free. Don't exaggerate just to make others feel bad, though.

Pre-Registration starts effective right NOW until midnight EDT on Monday (after MNF). If you start now though, you're ahead of everyone else.

Good luck everyone. A healthier life will also benefit the ones who care and depend on you.

CocheseUGA: 5'9" 234
csidegamer: ?? 240.5
longdillon: ?? 205
musicnoteless: 5'10" 185
fieldkillah: ?? 180
horrido: ?? 250
Psiufoxx2: 5'9" 170
neocisco: ?? 204
senorwoohoo: 6'3" 176
pookymeister: 5'11" 185
InuFaye: 5'9" 195
bobo2k4: 5'10" 195
silencer: 5'10" 165
Z-Saber: 5'8" 195
BasketCase1080: 6'3" 197
akilslohen: 6'0" 210
fart_bubble: 6'3" 219

Always the ideal challenge for those who want to lose some weight. So far I've been trying to lose a little weight for six months and I have lost ~25 lbs plus gone from 38 to 30/32 and have the tan to prove it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What about those of us that don't have any weight to lose, you fucking fascist?!?!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Get fat and then lose it all again in one superpowerful dump!

I'm in.

Turned 40 and would like to lose 30 lbs or so.

Won't be by a scale till Thursday tho.
After that Monday's are fine.

Edit:
Got on the scale at work this morning:
Damn!

About 10 lbs heavier than I thought.

[quote name='Moxio']Get fat and then lose it all again in one superpowerful dump![/quote]

I lost about 50 since nov. most of it was in about 5 months, since then small increments is all I can manage while I am building muscle, but I don't ever want to gain it back.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What if you're trying to gain weight? Huh, what about us people? We have feelings too.[/quote]

YEAH!

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What if you're trying to gain weight? Huh, what about us people? We have feelings too.[/QUOTE]

Well, since muscle weighs more than fat, I guess you're fucked.

:D

We could do body fat % or something for those trying to put on muscle.

[quote name='Zero2cuTe']I lost about 50 since nov. most of it was in about 5 months, since then small increments is all I can manage while I am building muscle, but I don't ever want to gain it back.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I didn't even consider factoring in how much more muscular I've become. I suppose I've lost more than 25 lbs in terms of fat than, I suppose. Though love handles still seem to laugh at me. :(

Well Im game. Right now Im at 205. I was 235 about 4 months ago. Just dont drink sodas and junk food. And work out on occassion. Does wonders.:applause:

I'll buy in. Even though I don't need to lose weight, I need to excersice more and I'm almost certain I will lose weight in doing so. Last time I checked I was 154 but that was a little while ago. I'll check myself out tomorrow.

I'm about 185 right now. For my height it isn't bad, but at the same time I have not much muscle/abs. I think I'll join just to get motivated to workout more and turn that body fat into muscle.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']What if you're trying to gain weight? Huh, what about us people? We have feelings too.[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah. I'm 6' 4" and weigh ~135 lbs. For me to be healthy, I need to go up not down in weight. Though I'd rather it be muscle than fat, a bit of either one would be welcome. No matter how much I eat and or excercise, my weight just won't seem to go up. I'm not saying that to make people that need/want to lose weight feel bad. I've just noticed everyone always talks about how being overweight is bad for your health... but being as underweight as I am is unhealthy as well.

[quote name='Sooner']Lol, yeah. I'm 6' 4" and weigh ~135 lbs.[/quote]
I'm the same height as you and weigh 70lbs more! My god, man...eat something (like an entire cow)!

Where were you last year when I dropped 75 lbs?!? I'm lighter now than when I married 7 years ago...6'0" 190...And F BMI, according to that I'm still overweight!

I can't go to the gym until 4, so...

Feel free to do whatever you want. If you're doing muscle mass, you could do before and after pics. I'm just trying to make it easy for people to 'weigh-in' with their results/success/failures if you pardon the pun.

Five years ago I lost 75lbs in about 45 days. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. Partially because Ephedra is illegal these days, partly because that wasn't the right way to do it.

My long-term goal is to lose my gut and work my chest, regardless of what my number is. If I had a number goal, I'd like to be in the 210-220 range after everything.

Is Ephedra illegal now? Man.. remember when Xenadrine was all the rage? Ugh I think that shit fucked my heart up big time.

Anyway.. I weigh 170 and I'm 5' 9". Most of it is muscle.. (no I'm not one of THOSE) but I'd like to lost about 10-15 lbs of fat. Let's get crackin!

I'm 204 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal! That's what makes me the king! I'm a 60 minute man and I'm all night long! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I went into Ric Flair mode there for a second. I'll get in on this.

I think I might be in for this. I need to lose about 20 (but would really love to lose 35 or so). I used to be a huge gym rat. An hour and 15 minutes of lifting and then 45 minutes of cardio - 5 days a week. In my peak shape I was 195 but that was 2 years ago.

I haven't been back to the gym since my daughter was born because I used to work out in the morning but now I use that time to spend with her. I think I'm at about 215-220 now (and really really pissed about it) and I'd love to get under 200 but since I'm not lifting anymore I could probably go to about 185 and I'd be really happy. I don't know what to do to lose the weight though because when I was working out like crazy I was also eating whatever the hell I wanted (no junk though) and it was easy to maintain my weight. I really need to change my eating habits and find an hour during the day to do some cardio. It sucks waking up at 5 a.m. but it's the only way...

I really need to get back in-shape so I'm in on this, too. I'm only 176 lbs at 6'3" but I can't do the shit I used to. Welp, time to stretch and then run!

If actual exercising is boring to you, DDR will definately help.

And if you're not into that, I'm pretty sure alot of people will be losing weight with the Wii, especially while playing Wario Smooth Moves and Wii Sports.

[quote name='Sooner']Lol, yeah. I'm 6' 4" and weigh ~135 lbs. [/QUOTE]

holy shit....

i'm 5'11 and weigh 150 and i'm pretty skinny, you definitely need ta gain some weight ha

[quote name='Graystone']to many rules to be fun. If I want strict rules to lose weight with I'll go to a gym & a nutritionist.[/QUOTE]

They are just there in case we have a prize to give away. There's a weekly weigh-in to share what you've done during the week.

Be sure you have a reliable and accurate scale so you can better keep track.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm the same height as you and weigh 70lbs more! My god, man...eat something (like an entire cow)![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cracka']holy shit....

i'm 5'11 and weigh 150 and i'm pretty skinny, you definitely need ta gain some weight ha[/QUOTE]

Lol exactly. Thing is, I eat more than pretty much everyone I know. I excercised for a while, and never really saw a change... though I need to get back into that anyway. It sucks, but I don't really know what I can do about it.

[quote name='Sooner']Lol exactly. Thing is, I eat more than pretty much everyone I know. I excercised for a while, and never really saw a change... though I need to get back into that anyway. It sucks, but I don't really know what I can do about it.[/QUOTE]

You are also what, 18?

I weighed ~135 from 8th grade onward until recently (age 20). I was in your exact same situation, except I'm 6'2.

I gained 20 or so pounds the last 2 months, all due to alcohol. Shit does a number on you if you don't work out. I'm starting to work out now though...

I wouldn't advise becoming an alcoholic, but if you want to gain weight that bad...

Yeah, I am only 18... and I think I'm still getting taller. I guess it's probably likely that I'll put on weight in my 20s, but it still sucks. I have no plans of becoming an alcoholic though lol.

I'm 165 pounds. Obviously, I don't need to lose weight (I'm 5'10, 19 years old)...but I have a feeling I will end up losing weight because I'm living away from home for college (Freshmen 15 my ass) So I just felt like tracking how much weight I lose and found this thread as a good place to post my results.

Weigh-ins cut off when I next post in this thread (which will be sometime after the Chargers-Raiders MNF game).

I'll post everyone's in the OP at that point.

I would sign up but... ummm... I can't really weigh myself till school starts and the gym is open. Right now it's closed and it sucks, I wanted to work out.

Just weighed myself AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND I'm *COUGH*195*COUGH*

'Bout made me cry. I've gained a lot of weight since graduating.

Oh, we need height? Not too sure about it, but I'd say 5'8"?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']well... im 197 right now and 6 foot 3 so lets see ho this "contest" works out for me... I love chinese :([/QUOTE]

Chinese food isn't what's making you fat = ) In fact, it's much more healthy than all your fast food joints.

It varies on what you eat but typically I have steamed rice and some sort of meat...if you're eating nothing but dumplings and sweet and sour pork I can see why you'd gain weight..but no one gains weight because of steamed rice, triple delight, and green tea.

bread's done
Back