The CAG Wii VC Secret Santa Project ~~ Sign ups closed. Behind-the-scenes-stuff now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chakan']Earthbound is out?

Oh, and this sounds like a cool idea. I'll update this post later.[/quote]Don't do that. I likely won't see it, just add a new post. I'll be adding "bookmarks" in this thread to keep everything straight.

I hemmed and hawed about the owned games thing. Essentially, it came down to a selfish thing that I didn't want to try to keep track of the utter mess that would no-doubt result from having everyone's games listed. I understand the concern 100%, but I'm trying to streamline this as much as possible.

I could easily consider a "genre" "games that have been released on the GBA/other collections already" That would save a ton of headache on our end as it wouldn't be this forever-long list of games. And in the end, this is kinda how Secret Santa works. You don't handpick your gifts like you might from a friend or family member.

[quote name='daroga']Don't do that. I likely won't see it, just add a new post. I'll be adding "bookmarks" in this thread to keep everything straight.

I hemmed and hawed about the owned games thing. Essentially, it came down to a selfish thing that I didn't want to try to keep track of the utter mess that would no-doubt result from having everyone's games listed. I understand the concern 100%, but I'm trying to streamline this as much as possible.

I could easily consider a "genre" "games that have been released on the GBA/other collections already" That would save a ton of headache on our end as it wouldn't be this forever-long list of games. And in the end, this is kinda how Secret Santa works. You don't handpick your gifts like you might from a friend or family member.[/QUOTE]

I guess I can see how that works on your end.

I think I may not end up participating however. One, because if I buy someone a game they already own, I might have not put my money to good use considering it may never be played. At least I know if I buy someone a game I know they don't already own, the blame is on them if they never pick it up and play it. Maybe I'm being, whiny, or being picky, I dunno, I just want to try to at least put forth a genuine effort to get a good gift, and I feel the lack of owned games kind of hampers that process.

I do appreciate all the effort that is gone forth, and hope plenty of CAGs do make it successful. Hopefully, there aren't as many people as picky as I am. ;)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I guess I can see how that works on your end.

I think I may not end up participating however. One, because if I buy someone a game they already own, I might have not put my money to good use considering it may never be played. At least I know if I buy someone a game I know they don't already own, the blame is on them if they never pick it up and play it. Maybe I'm being, whiny, or being picky, I dunno, I just want to try to at least put forth a genuine effort to get a good gift, and I feel the lack of owned games kind of hampers that process.

I do appreciate all the effort that is gone forth, and hope plenty of CAGs do make it successful. Hopefully, there aren't as many people as picky as I am. ;)[/quote]

No worries. Thanks for looking and considering it.

Just remember guys, don't preface anything on your entry posts. Just list two lines of genres, no "I like!" or "I dislike!" :)

I'll get the current roundup of entires together this evening sometime.

I've added videos on the first page for people not necessarily familiar with all the games on the VC. I'm not done yet but I should be able to get some more together when I have some time.

Everyone above here has been analyzed and added. If you're above this post and not in the OP, either I made a mistake or you don't meet qualifications. PM me and/or Zen

[quote name='daroga']
Approved Secret Santa Members: (if you're not here, you're not on the list yet)
botticus
daroga
jlseal
lilboo
MusicNoteLess
MarioColbert
Whambamm
Strell
lebowsky
Panasonic
magiic
Foo228
Rocko
foltzie
yukine[/quote]

^Zen's not on the list?

[quote name='Foo228']^Zen's not on the list?[/quote]
It's cold and I don't want to go downstairs to find my friend code. BRRRRR! I also got to do some running and weight training so I'll throw my hat in tomorrow.

I wonder if I should PM myself...

[quote name='porieux']Thanks that does help, that info should probably be in the OP.

Still, I don't see the point of what the idea is with this thread.
It doesn't sound like there is any discount involved so why bother?[/QUOTE]
Well, bah humbug to you too. :shame:

[quote name='porieux']Thanks that does help, that info should probably be in the OP.

Still, I don't see the point of what the idea is with this thread.
It doesn't sound like there is any discount involved so why bother?[/quote]

I thought the word "Santa" was clear enough for anyone looking but I guess some people need it spelled out for them.

Because it's Christmas. Time for giving. ETC.

it's ok some people are just thick
Im in this for the excitement
Im put no restrictions down and am hoping someone will find me something I never would of thought of purchasing on my own
I also hope I can give someone the same experience

banpeikun
0000-0000-0000-0000 (placeholder, will update tomorrow)
RPG ~ Simulation ~ Platformers ~ Triforce-related action/adventure
Sega ~ TG-16

The Zen Davis
0000-0000-0000-0000 (placeholder, will update tomorrow)
Likes: Pizza, Ring of Honor, Hannah Montana, Games Above 6.9 From IGN - ! - Freakin' Surprise Me!
Dislikes: Consoles That Break, Rabies, Chinchillas With Rabies, Games Below 7.0 From IGN

[quote name='Zen Davis']I thought the word "Santa" was clear enough for anyone looking but I guess some people need it spelled out for them.

Because it's Christmas. Time for giving. ETC.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is CheapAssGamer is it not? It's not unreasonable to think that a deal would be the basis for this.
Especially since there are so many 'rules' in the OP.....

But if you all want to give each other games I certainly have no problem with it.

[quote name='magiic']it's ok some people are just thick
[/QUOTE]

That's what she said.

[quote name='porieux']Well, this is CheapAssGamer is it not? It's not unreasonable to think that a deal would be the basis for this.
Especially since there are so many 'rules' in the OP.....

But if you all want to give each other games I certainly have no problem with it.[/quote]Unreasonable? I guess not. Silly? Yes. ;)

You can be sure that if we see some sort of great deal on Wii Points before the giving commences, I'll add it to the OP. :)

I have to send my Wii in for the Graphics Glitches Problems, and I'll be doing so either tomorrow or the day after (basically, as soon as I get some air to breathe).

That _could_ be a problem, although everyone is telling me that it's a two-week solid thing. I think if I don't get my Wii back before the deadline, I'll withdraw my name from the list. Sorry, guys.

mbartholow
8134-1383-1487-4854
Shooters, Platformers, Run & Gun, Fighting
RPGs, Puzzles, Racing, Sports

I'll even wear a santa hat as I send out game gifts. Promise.

[quote name='mbartholow']I'll even wear a santa hat as I send out game gifts. Promise.[/quote]
This, I even have a purple and leopard print one.

lordwow
1968 1243 5095 5147
Platformers, Action, RPG, Any Superb/AAA Titles
Shumps, Sports, Fighters, Crappy NES Games, Anything on XBLA

Doomed
1657-9931-1748-6668
Platform, racing, multiplayer games
Commonly rereleased games, games on GameTap, RPGs that take way too much time

banpeikun
0054-9014-0612-5890
RPG ~ Simulation ~ Platformers ~ Triforce-related action/adventure
Sega ~ TG-16

(reposted since edit to previous placeholder could be missed)

The Zen Davis
Likes: Pizza, Ring of Honor, Hannah Montana, Games Above 6.9 From IGN - ! - Freakin' Surprise Me!
Dislikes: Consoles That Break, Rabies, Chinchillas With Rabies, Games Below 7.0 From IGN

Bummer, I can't participate even though I've been here over 14 months and have a iTrade rating of 8, any way we can lower the requirements?

Nice idea though but will the gift sevice even be up and running by Christmas?

For the Wii Shopping Channel, which you can use to buy Virtual Console and WiiWare software, we will add a gift-giving function. This is a function to purchase Virtual Console or WiiWare software and present it to your Wii Friend. Seeing is believing, so take a look. First of all, in the Shopping Channel, choose the title of the present you want to send to your friend. Here, we are using the function to select a game by its name. I’m fast-forwarding this process, but you can also write a message and send it to the recipient. So, we choose the present here, and choose the recipient. I will send it to Shigeru-san. You know, Pinball is the software I used to work on a long time ago. As the result, your Wii message is sent to your friend’s Wii through WiiConnect 24, and the recipient’s Wii hardware illuminates a blue light to indicate the arrival of the message. Utilizing this “present capability”, the recipient will receive this kind of special enveloped message. For the recipient to actually receive the present, he or she will choose the “initiate” icon to activate the Wii Shopping Channel. The recipient can also decline to download the present. If the recipient chooses to download the present, the download will start. And the recipient can also send back a thank-you note. This shows that a sender has received a thank-you message from the recipient. He or she is reading the message like this. In addition to the Virtual Console service, we will start offering a new way to buy new software via WiiWare. Because of this, it will be imperative that we provide customers with the ability to recommend software and send present to each other. We are also hopeful that this is going to be another incentive for Wii owners to want to connect their Wii with the Internet. We are planning to make this new Shopping Channel with its gift-giving function, available in December, in time for Christmas.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Bummer, I can't participate even though I've been here over 14 months and have a iTrade rating of 8, any way we can lower the requirements?

Nice idea though but will the gift sevice even be up and running by Christmas?[/quote]Did you read the OP?

Do we know how the trading works yet? Can I give someone a game I already downloaded? Say I don't want to play Paper Mario anymore, can I give it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back