The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OrageSick']Alright this group is coming along fine!
So if we recap we're already 4 (and we're all looking for burnout and Wipeout HD if I'm right, and we could make this group permanent for further games etc):

MatiasB
habsfan08
OrageSick (myself).

We would need one more person and we'd have a full group that could be created here on CAG.

habsfan08, to answer your question, well first, nice game tonight (the habs) we owned those sabres. and secondly, yes, it would work with Paypal. Someone would create a group and buy the games the group wants on his account on PSN. Then, everyone would send him their shares using paypal and he'd send you his PSN account info. You download the game through the account and voilà, you get the game! (if I got it wrong someone please correct me, it's something along those lines though for sure).

Let's make this right and fast so we can get those games soon![/quote]

UNfortunately, I am already commited to my original group for Wiepout HD, however I will still be in for Burnout Paradise, sorry about the confusion!

What the hell, put me down for Burnout if you guys don't find a fifth.
Just one thing, given that this has online, I'm just wondering if it will be sharable or if it will be like Warhawk and most likely SOCOM?

[quote name='firehawk12']What the hell, put me down for Burnout if you guys don't find a fifth.
Just one thing, given that this has online, I'm just wondering if it will be sharable or if it will be like Warhawk and most likely SOCOM?[/quote]

oh yeah, can we play online? can I play with my main account and not play with the account I downloaded with?

Well, the way that Warhawk worked, if I remember correctly, is that only the account that purchased it can use it and if someone else was online with that account, you can't play it on another system. I bought the disc version of that since they had it for cheap a while ago, so I'm not sure.

Here's an update of the current groups we have.

Gameshare Group 1

Games:
Siren
The Last Guy
Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Eden

Group:
1. heimdal
2. Wilme
3. Rex
4. Danman
5. chrisryans

Gameshare Group 2

Games:
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Group:
1. Rex
2. Danman
3. Wilme
4. jadomino
5. ps3dude

Gameshare Group 3 *main*

Games:
Super Stardust HD Expansions
Wipeout HD (upcoming)
MegaMan 9 (upcoming)

Group:
1. heimdal
2. Wilme
3. Rex
4. jadomino
5. chrisryans

Gameshare Group 4

Games:
Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Eden

Group:
1. Army214
2. jadomino
3. firehawk12
4. omenborn
5. EggViper

I think burnout will work completely different from other games on psn. This is EA first full game to be sold directly on consoles so its most certainly a wait and see situation.

Orage, our group seems to be lacking and I think i'm going to bail out and pay full price for wipeout.

If we can on the other hand start a group exclusively for megaman though I'd definitely join.

I'm gonna wait for burnout to see if it's sharable

But I'm up for Wipeout, Megman 9 and Bionic Commando

is Warhawk expansion pack sharable? if it is, I'm up for the jet pack

[quote name='chrisryans']Rex, are we not getting Megaman 9 with Wipeout this Thursday? Was really looking forward to that hah.[/quote]

Yeah, I knew we were getting them, but I forgot how quickly it was coming up :lol:

I'll send out the info to our guys, and as soon as everyone's paid up, I'll get the games!

I would be in for Mortal Kombat II game share.

[quote name='jonkaho']anyone selling a gameshare for Mortal Kombat 2??

thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='firehawk12']What the hell, put me down for Burnout if you guys don't find a fifth.
Just one thing, given that this has online, I'm just wondering if it will be sharable or if it will be like Warhawk and most likely SOCOM?[/quote]

You're right, I guess we should confirm that Burnout Paradise is gameshareable first...
does anyone have any details yet?

From reading previous posts and asking around, I think we have a Bionic Commando Rearmed group set:
jadomino
wilme
heimdal
habsfan08
army214

Please confirm and we can set this game share up!

I'm up for Bionic Commando. [quote name='jadomino']From reading previous posts and asking around, I think we have a Bionic Commando Rearmed group set:
jadomino
wilme
heimdal
habsfan08
army214

Please confirm and we can set this game share up![/quote]

[quote name='AgtGibb']I would be in for Mortal Kombat II game share.[/quote]

Me too since the game so cheap

[quote name='jadomino']From reading previous posts and asking around, I think we have a Bionic Commando Rearmed group set:
jadomino
wilme
heimdal
habsfan08
army214

Please confirm and we can set this game share up![/quote]

I confirm, just send me the information and we're ready to roll

I'd be interested in mortal kombat, street fighter alpha and echochrome. Actually I'm really looking to get some fighting games for the ps3 so if we could put together a package with a bunch of them, it'd be great.

In, in and in.

[quote name='EggViper']I'd be interested in mortal kombat, street fighter alpha and echochrome. Actually I'm really looking to get some fighting games for the ps3 so if we could put together a package with a bunch of them, it'd be great.[/quote]

[quote name='EggViper']I'd be interested in mortal kombat, street fighter alpha and echochrome. Actually I'm really looking to get some fighting games for the ps3 so if we could put together a package with a bunch of them, it'd be great.[/quote]

yeah, i want Street Fighter too! :D

[quote name='chrisryans']Now to just find out if Wipeout is shareable *prays*[/quote]

Don't worry chris! There's always Jeopardy!

And for the Siren group, MegaMan 9 will be ready when I get home from work. I'll send you guys confirmation when it's ready to download through PM.

Well I've just finished downloading wipeout. Sent the login to the rest of my group so we should be able to confirm if it's shareable soon.

Great to hear, should be home around 7 to start my download.

[quote name='EggViper']Well I've just finished downloading wipeout. Sent the login to the rest of my group so we should be able to confirm if it's shareable soon.[/quote]

Just missing a couple more for the following games:
echochrome:
jadomino
eggviper
firehawk12
agtgibb

the last guy:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb
tigerhawk33

anymore people in for these?

[quote name='jadomino']Just missing a couple more for the following games:
echochrome:
jadomino
eggviper
firehawk12
agtgibb

the last guy:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb

anymore people in for these?[/quote]

Hi guys. Mind if I join in for the Last Guy? And pls let me know how to pay for my share... I'm not sure of the process, so if you pm me and give me a stepbystep, I'll be more than happy to pay. :)

Btw, is Siren & WipEoutHD sharable?

Peace~!

I'm downloading it now. I guess we just need to see if two of us can play the game at the same time and not get an error message.

Anyone hear anything about Burnout? Has there been anything in the PS3 forum here?

(Somewhat) Good news about the Wipeout HD gameshares!

I just read the description of the game on PSN, and it doesn't have the 24-hour stipulation that Warhawk has, though it doesn't say if multiple consoles can go online with it.

Hopefully an update soon from the group that has it already!

Anyone still online? I just finished installing the game. We can try it out concurrently.

Edit - I just played online. No problems. Also confirmed in the PS3 forum that Wipeout seems to be good. They're checking on Burnout now, so we'll probably know for sure tomorrow.

Haha, I almost never play PS3 games online. Is there a way to invite you into my game?

Cool, we just did it so it's confirmed that it works.

Awesome news, thanks!

As for other groups, I'm kind of interested in the echochrome/street fighter/MK2 thing going on, but I'm a little wary of making more user accounts on my PS3. I've already got 7...hmm...but I guess two more might not hurt too much...

[quote name='Rex']Awesome news, thanks!

As for other groups, I'm kind of interested in the echochrome/street fighter/MK2 thing going on, but I'm a little wary of making more user accounts on my PS3. I've already got 7...hmm...but I guess two more might not hurt too much...[/quote]

i want those games badly!!!

i am in for sure if you are going to be doing one!!

i can pay with paypal!

thanks

Anyone else for all three? Echochrome, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter alpha.

Group so far:
1) Eggviper
2) Rex
3) Jonkaho
4) Agtgibb (I think he wanted all three from a previous post)
5) [Open]

[quote name='EggViper']Anyone else for all three? Echochrome, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter alpha.

Group so far:
1) Eggviper
2) Rex
3) Jonkaho
5) [Open][/quote]

I'll ask my buddy at work to see if he's interested in all 3. I know he'd have interest in echochrome and Street Fighter, but I'll ask if he wants all 3 tomorrow.

Correct for my status. All three is awesome.

[quote name='EggViper']Anyone else for all three? Echochrome, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter alpha.

Group so far:
1) Eggviper
2) Rex
3) Jonkaho
5) [Open][/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back