The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='firehawk12']Ahh, well, I'll do it if your friend isn't interested. I'm going crazy. :lol:[/quote]

You might as well just join this group haha...I think you'd probably be more interested in some games along the line than he would.

[quote name='jadomino']Just missing a couple more for the following games:
echochrome:
jadomino
eggviper
firehawk12
agtgibb

the last guy:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb
tigerhawk33

anymore people in for these?[/quote]

i guess the echochrome group has disbanded...
any more takers for the last guy?

[quote name='habsfan08']at the ps3 forum, they say Burnout is Sharable (online and offline)

so who's in?[/quote]
+1 for Burnout...if it is in fact shareable
still reading conflicting stories

So Burnout Paradise is pretty much confirmed to be shareable, would someone like to organize the groups? as it seems like we have a lot of requests going on

[quote name='EggViper']Anyone else for all three? Echochrome, Mortal Kombat II, Street Fighter alpha.

Group so far:
1) Eggviper
2) Rex
3) Jonkaho
4) Agtgibb (I think he wanted all three from a previous post)
5) [Open][/quote]

cool!

when are you going to set this up?

Hey there's no way to actually play this with the people sharing the account right?

I'm doing this with a few guys from work and we're wondering how to play online ('cause we all want to play together) but I guess not?

I'm in a gameshare for Burnout at the moment, but if it doesn't work out I'll do it with you guys if you're still looking for people at that point.

[quote name='firehawk12']I'm in a gameshare for Burnout at the moment, but if it doesn't work out I'll do it with you guys if you're still looking for people at that point.[/quote]

Are you down for the echochrome/MKII/SFA group? If so, I'll send out the payment info to everybody and get the games when it's all paid up.

Great, so we have a group set for:

Mortal Kombat II
Street Fighter Alpha
Echochrome

Members
1) Eggviper
2) Rex
3) Jonkaho
4) Agtgibb
5) Firehawk12

I'm still very interested in Burnout and Wipeout if any group is in the making. I'd be up for one of the games or both! Count me in for sure if someone makes a group.

Well here's the group so far for burnout:

1) OrageSick
2) Costa
3) Habsfan08
4) Icelight
5) [Open]

I don't think I could set this up though since I'm not in the group (not really a burnout fan). So if anyone in the group has a credit card and doesn't mind setting it up (it's easy, heres a guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611680) feel free to take over from here.

how does gameshare work? never done this before, I dont want my CC seen by anyone, and I dont want anyone elses CC# as well, I have trust issues lol

[quote name='EggViper']Well here's the group so far for burnout:

1) OrageSick
2) Costa
3) Habsfan08
4) Icelight
5) jadomino

I don't think I could set this up though since I'm not in the group (not really a burnout fan). So if anyone in the group has a credit card and doesn't mind setting it up (it's easy, heres a guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611680) feel free to take over from here.[/quote]

I am willing to take the 5th spot!
Now, who's willing to dp the setup?

[quote name='jadomino']I am willing to take the 5th spot!
Now, who's willing to dp the setup?[/quote]

I don't have a CC so I can't setup but I have paypal so I can pay the person through it

[quote name='Costa']how does gameshare work? never done this before, I dont want my CC seen by anyone, and I dont want anyone elses CC# as well, I have trust issues lol[/QUOTE]

What you can do is create the Gamesharing account (an actual PSN Account) and put in a secret password for the time being. Then, you use your CC to buy the game, remove your credit card details from the account and finally change the password to a shared password.

This way, no-one but you can access the account while you credit card information is in it.

I don't have a credit card either, just Paypal to pay whoever I have to pay :)

[quote name='Icelight']What you can do is create the Gamesharing account (an actual PSN Account) and put in a secret password for the time being. Then, you use your CC to buy the game, remove your credit card details from the account and finally change the password to a shared password.

This way, no-one but you can access the account while you credit card information is in it.

I don't have a credit card either, just Paypal to pay whoever I have to pay :)[/quote]

I can volunteer to set up the group/account!
I will message everyone to get their confirmations.

[quote name='jadomino']Still just need 1 more for The Last Guy!:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb
tigerhawk33

who's in?!?![/quote]

i will take the last spot!

Our group for The Last Guy is set!:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb
tigerhawk33
jonkaho

Last edited by a moderator:
Make it so.

[quote name='jadomino']Our group for The Last Guy is set!:
jadomino
firehawk12
agtgibb
tigerhawk33
jonkaho

i will send you the details by PM[/quote]

Unfortunately, it seems like I am unable to create gameshare groups on my end....no idea why, might have to do with my credit card.
I will be refunding all payments that have already been received, and to those who have not sent their payments, DON'T!

if anyone else with more experience in setting up groups wants to take it upon themselves, that would be MUCH appreciated :)
sorry about the troubles

Burnout Paradise:
jadomino
habsfan08
oragesick
costa
icelight

The Last Guy:
jadomino
firehawk2
agtgibb
tigerhawk33
jonkaho

[quote name='jadomino']Unfortunately, it seems like I am unable to create gameshare groups on my end....no idea why, might have to do with my credit card.
I will be refunding all payments that have already been received, and to those who have not sent their payments, DON'T![/quote]

What's the problem you're running into? One tip is to make sure that your billing address on the PSN account is the same as the one your credit card sends to. It asks you the billing addy after you input the credit card info. It knows if the addresses don't match up.

[quote name='Rex']What's the problem you're running into? One tip is to make sure that your billing address on the PSN account is the same as the one your credit card sends to. It asks you the billing addy after you input the credit card info. It knows if the addresses don't match up.[/quote]

I checked all of that, but now since it didn't work the first time, I'm being all paranoid and would rather not attempt it again. I'll leave it up to the people who started this group in the first place ;)

My payments through PayPal have been working without problems though, maybe because I'm doing them through my bank account.

[quote name='jadomino']I checked all of that, but now since it didn't work the first time, I'm being all paranoid and would rather not attempt it again. I'll leave it up to the people who started this group in the first place ;)

My payments through PayPal have been working without problems though, maybe because I'm doing them through my bank account.[/quote]

someone else in the group want to set it up?

[quote name='Fronzi']I'm interested in Wipeout and possibly Burnout if another group is made.[/quote]

I'm in for wipeout and burnout if our group doesn't work

Wow, Just got word of the Gamesharing-scene ;)
How do I get in.
I have..
Siren XD
Pain

I want...
Burnout
Gran Turismo 5 (maybe not)
and Possibly Wipeout HD if possible.

Does anyone have a Tutorial on how it works and a "getting Started" tute? :p
I have a CC and so far I understand that you must make another account which will be shared...
But just wondering do you HAVE to sign in to this account to play the games?
And it mentions sharing to five other users...does that include you too? (='ing 6)

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Wow, Just got word of the Gamesharing-scene ;)
How do I get in.
I have..
Siren XD
Pain

I want...
Burnout
Gran Turismo 5 (maybe not)
and Possibly Wipeout HD if possible.

Does anyone have a Tutorial on how it works and a "getting Started" tute? :p
I have a CC and so far I understand that you must make another account which will be shared...
But just wondering do you HAVE to sign in to this account to play the games?
And it mentions sharing to five other users...does that include you too? (='ing 6)[/quote]

it for 5 person, it's you and 4 others

here a guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611680

and if I remember right GT5 is not shareable

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Thank you. and bummer oh well

I would like to join a Burnout and/or Wipeout group :D

*reading guide now*[/quote]

there is already a Burnout group established, but if you are willing to set up the group/account for it, maybe someone will release their spot since no one else can do it

[quote name='jadomino']since no one else can do it[/quote]
what exactly does that mean, do you need special privs to make the account...or is the Account maker the most likely to get scammed?

[quote name='HyeVltg3']what exactly does that mean, do you need special privs to make the account...or is the Account maker the most likely to get scammed?[/quote]

no not really, we just dan't have credit card

I can probably try to make the gameshare group today. I'll need to read the guide though.

This is the current group

Burnout Paradise:
jadomino
habsfan08
oragesick
costa
icelight

If it works, I'm up to join/create a wipeout group as well.

I'm up for wipeout if there is space (ie someone in your group doesn't want it). If not maybe a new group can be made. So far the following are groupless:

1. Fronzi
2. HyeVltg3

mmk. I'm not sure everyone in the group wanted WipeOut, I do know habsfan08 was interested so we would only need one more for WipeOut:

1. Fronzi
2. HyeVltg3
3. OrageSick
4. Habsfan08
5. [Open]

I have a few things to do right now and will try setting up the burnout group this afternoon. I will send everyone PMs if it does work.

[quote name='OrageSick']mmk. I'm not sure everyone in the group wanted WipeOut, I do know habsfan08 was interested so we would only need one more for WipeOut:

1. Fronzi
2. HyeVltg3
3. OrageSick
4. Habsfan08
5. [Open]

I have a few things to do right now and will try setting up the burnout group this afternoon. I will send everyone PMs if it does work.[/quote]

thanks man, really looking to play some burnout and wipeout :D

I still havent created the Burnout group, but will do soon (I'm working on other stuff for now). And now since roller is joining the wipeout group too, I'll be making that one as well (since we're now a full group).

So here are the two groups I'll be creating:

Burnout Paradise:
1- jadomino
2- habsfan08
3- oragesick
4- costa
5- icelight

Wipeout HD:

1. Fronzi
2. HyeVltg3
3. OrageSick
4. Habsfan08
5. roller

I will try to get them done in the next few hours and will update you guys when I'm done (if it works),

I still havent created the Burnout group, but will do soon (I'm working on other stuff for now). And now since roller is joining the wipeout group too, I'll be making that one as well (since we're now a full group).

So here are the two groups I'll be creating:

Burnout Paradise:
1- jadomino
2- habsfan08
3- oragesick
4- costa
5- icelight

Wipeout HD:

1. Fronzi
2. HyeVltg3
3. OrageSick
4. Habsfan08
5. roller

I will try to get them done in the next few hours and will update you guys when I'm done (if it works),

Sounds good

bread's done
Back