The Cape-New NBC Superhero Series: Starts tonight

[quote name='Necrozilla']Turned it off 15 minutes in. Someone tell me the self-aware reference when he read a comic book of "The Cape" to his son in bed.[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when you don't even give something a fair chance. There are several reasonable things to complain about with the show. However, this is not one of them. "The Cape" is in fact a fictional comic book character. Without giving too much away, after the events that transpire in Vince's life, he decides that he wants to fight back. Becoming "The Cape" is the only way he can think of to do that without endangering his family. He also thinks it could be a way to communicate with his son and still have a positive influence on his life even though he's not around anymore.

Seriously, if you're going to complain about a show, at least spend enough time with it to be able to formulate a legitimate opinion. I'm not trying to argue that the show is either good or bad. But at least I know what it's about.

Finally got around to watching it via DVR.

I am in the boat that I am giving it two more episodes to do something. I found the pacing to be too drawn out. The dialogue was bad. Action sequences = meh. Parts of scenes just came out of nowhere (
alley jump
). Overall pretty weak premiere.

On a different note, did the lead actor have a similier look to Matthew Morrison from Glee?

Finally got around to watching it.

I am in the boat that I am giving it two more episodes to do something. I found the pacing to be too drawn out. The dialogue was bad. Action sequences = meh. Parts of scenes just came out of nowhere (
being jumped in alley
). Overall pretty weak premiere.

On a different note, did the lead actor have a similier look to Matthew Morrison from Glee?

[quote name='dopa345']The Arbiter is in it so I'll give it a chance but I'm expecting to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You mean Captain Anderson. :)

I liked it. I'll keep watching. Could develop into a very cool mythology.

Also, am I the only person who thinks, "ass to ass", when they see Keith David?

[quote name='dopa345']The Arbiter is in it so I'll give it a chance but I'm expecting to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]
He actually turns into the Arbiter in the next episode and the Cape must help him return to his home planet. But only if the Arbiter helps clear his name :shock:

Yeah, I'm starting to lose interest at this point...
Then again a guest appearance by Felicia Day could save it for me.

Isn't this show canceled already? I think they cut the episode order from 13 to 10 and when networks do that it's over.

I haven't followed it at all. I've dvr'ed most of the episodes hoping to watch it later, but deleted all episodes the other day. I don't think I am going to give this show a chance.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I haven't followed it at all. I've dvr'ed most of the episodes hoping to watch it later, but deleted all episodes the other day. I don't think I am going to give this show a chance.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing after 4 episodes piled up and I needed room on the DVR. I wanted to see it but I never will now that it is all but canceled.

[quote name='javeryh']I did the same thing after 4 episodes piled up and I needed room on the DVR. I wanted to see it but I never will now that it is all but canceled.[/QUOTE]

Until it's "On the bubble" ..then it might hold out for a bit longer.... I am really hoping "V" will get 3rd (full season).

its a good show and has been improving over time. some of their choices for actors in roles are questionable but the shows fun.

The Cape has a good lead-in with Chuck, so it's likely to fill out the remainder of the season unless the ratings really tank.

I don't know of anything would stick into the timeslot behind Chuck if they did can it before the end of the season. Also depends on how many episodes are in the can.

I just couldn't get into it. I believe a few eps are still sitting on my dvr just waiting to be played. :( Perhaps people still have some sort resentment over the loss of Heroes. Maybe superhero shows just don't work on NBC. Heck I'm surprised that No Ordinary Family is still on ABC. WW may be dead on arrival as well.

I knew it was only a matter of time but was still hoping it would at least last the remaining ten episodes. If Event isn't next up on the chopping block I'm going to be pissed.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I knew it was only a matter of time but was still hoping it would at least last the remaining ten episodes. If Event isn't next up on the chopping block I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

The Event is pissing me off by going back and forth thru the time line. It's a good show but do we really need to be popping back and forth between years during an episode?

I couldn't agree more. The rapid decline in acting ability also became embarrassingly apparent as the first season droned onto what I thought was a predictable finale. Both shows aren't masterpieces by any length of the imagination but Cape's roster at least tries to put on a good show despite its lackluster premise. I can't say the same for Event's though I also enjoy watching it.

bread's done
Back