The classic question: Good games for 3do?

Heyricochet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just picked one of these up randomly at my local game store for 40 bucks, bought some games with it too and then got them given to me instead cause they were in such horrible shape. So far I have return fire which really doesn't work but it got a good recommendation by the employee, burning soldier which brings back memories of star wars arcade, and rise of the robots which I also can't get working. Any recommendations from the 4 people that bought one of these 400 dollar monsters?

The Horde was fun. If I remember correctly, it was a medieval RTS game. That was about the only game my friend and I really played.

Man, I remember the daisy-chain controller set-up. One port on the system, and the other would be on the first controller. WEIRD.

Go return rise of the robots since that game is crap.

Go get Captain ???? Cant remeber the name, but i'll look it up. It was one of the best exclusive game on 3DO

Good 3DO games

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (assuming you don't have any other versions of this game already, but the 3DO was the definitive version)

Star Control 2 (Best game on the system)

AD&D Slayer (I really liked this one, though it got mixed reviews)

The Horde

Cannon Fodder

Gex (although you can get this for other systems)

Road Rash (You can get this for PSX, but the 3DO version was slightly better)

If you like racing games, the original need for speed is available, so is road rash, i think. Also if you like fighters, it has a very good version of Super Street Fighter II. If you like point and click adventures, try Hell.

I like Quarantine, but it looks pretty bad by today's standards. Think of a post apocalyptic crazy taxi with some warfare mixed in. Also, I really enjoyed Wing Commander 3 for the 3DO, but it's probably no different than the psx version.

MjC

[quote name='ZForce']Good 3DO games

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (assuming you don't have any other versions of this game already, but the 3DO was the definitive version)

Star Control 2 (Best game on the system)

AD&D Slayer (I really liked this one, though it got mixed reviews)

The Horde

Cannon Fodder

Gex (although you can get this for other systems)

Road Rash (You can get this for PSX, but the 3DO version was slightly better)[/QUOTE]

Good list, don't forget about Return Fire though!

Also, didn't they make some (most likely awful) NWS-type interactive "games" for that thing?
Might want to track some of those down ;)

Super Wing Commander was never released to any other consoles except 3DO and it's very good. It's a remake of Wing Commander 1 essentially with better graphics, sounds, etc. I think it may have come out to the PC & Mac too, but I don't recall.

Most of the games I would look at were mentioned already, but you can get others like Lost Eden, Shockwave series, Crash N Burn (I liked it at least), Samurai Shodown, a nice version of Flashback, Return Fire.

Here are some pretty crappy, but not the crappiest games: Guardian War, VR Stalker, Flying Nightmares, Starfighter, Lucienne's Quest (the only FF type RPG release in the US).

There are adventure / FMV games too like Night Trap, Sherlock Holmes, Dragon Lore, Strahl if you are into that :p

There are a lot of unique games for the system that were not released to any other system or PC, which can be both good and bad :)

I have a very extensive 3DO collection, and from time to time I might load up some crap game just because I'm bored. Overall, I like the system because it's just so out of place among the other consoles, and secondly it has a fairly large library eventhough it was not popular for the most part. Also, I owned one right when it came out and at the time I had a SNES too, but it was very impressive to load up Crash N Burn when there was nothing really comparable to it at the time.

I had the most fun with Road Rash - awesome game back then, couldn't get enough of it. Unfortunately, no other games grabbed me as much.

Does anyone remember that voice-over guy in Need for Speed? I think there was full-motion-video of him too (don't really recall). I just remember it being extremely bad, almost like it was done on purpose.

[quote name='jughead']Guardians Heros was a pretty good strategy based RPG. Not so much emphasis on story on the other hand.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a Saturn game?
Perhaps it was released for the 3D0 as well...

my uncle had The horde and Street Fighter and they were impressive when i was in 3rd grade.. but i had a SNES and that was the greatest thing ever.

[quote name='62t']Go return rise of the robots since that game is crap.

Go get Captain ???? Cant remeber the name, but i'll look it up. It was one of the best exclusive game on 3DO[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Captain Quazar.

If you have ever played Out Of This World on SNES or Amiga, you should get Out Of This World 2: Heart of the Alien. I loved the first game on amiga... I have always wanted to play the sequel, but I never had a 3DO or Sega CD.

perfect general was a neat little strategy title. Star Control 2 and return fire were the best for the system. Do not forget the add-on for return fire which was called Maps o death. Also, icebreaker was an addictive little puzzler/strategy title.

bread's done
Back