The continuing adventures of improperly reported posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gizmogc']Why not just label the '!' Report Post? lol[/QUOTE]

dont bring logic into this discussion you crazy person you.

[quote name='gizmogc']Why not just label the '!' Report Post? lol[/QUOTE]

What, you mean something like this:
reportpost0qn.gif
?

That would just be too easy. :lol:

I think it should say report post, AND it should be in the upper right, next to the post number.

There is a large enough gap between posts that reporting the wrong post wouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What, you mean something like this:
reportpost0qn.gif
?

That would just be too easy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably best to shink it to "Report" just to keep the button a reasonable size. Still, not bad idea though.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Probably best to shink it to "Report" just to keep the button a reasonable size. Still, not bad idea though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. CheapyD implement this NOW ;)

[quote name='supadupacheap']Probably best to shink it to "Report" just to keep the button a reasonable size. Still, not bad idea though.[/QUOTE]

Fine then.

report6in.gif

[quote name='CheapyD']I think you guys are under the mistaken assumption that I am trying to make it easier to report posts.[/QUOTE]

Not easier to report, easier for the fucksticks not to mistake the report button for the PM button. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Not easier to report, easier for the fucksticks not to mistake the report button for the PM button. :lol:[/QUOTE]

So..its not a PM button?

I thought "!" meant PM as in PM them fast with whatever info you have so you will get a reply faster!

[quote name='Ledhed']I hate you all, every last one of you.

Down with the internet.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Poor Led - the "constantly annoyed because he's a moderator" moderator! :lol:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']:rofl:

Poor Led - the "constantly annoyed because he's a moderator" moderator! :lol:[/QUOTE]

The CABHAM moderator? :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']I hate you all, every last one of you.

Down with the internet.[/QUOTE]Just be glad you don't receive the emails from the CAGs who reply to their PM notifications! Those are on the rise as well.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just be glad you don't receive the emails from the CAGs who reply to their PM notifications! Those are on the rise as well.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

FriskyTanuki has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1155198#post1155198

This is part of this thread:
"... and I can cry if I want to" OTT
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=59703

This is the reason that the user gave:
He was being mean and said he was going to report me! Make him do a timeout!
Take away his cookies, too! Just make him tell me he's sorry for being so mean.
:cry:

You know, you can't fake the "Banned" that appears in the custom user title area.

[quote name='punqsux']yeah, the warning being, dont make a post saying "please ban me"

^^[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think someone posted something similar to that a week or so ago who didn't get banned...

Oh well, off to reply to all of my PM notifications...

[quote name='MorPhiend']Actually, I think someone posted something similar to that a week or so ago who didn't get banned...

Oh well, off to reply to all of my PM notifications...[/QUOTE]

Ok, so the warning is really don't make a post directed at Sneaky saying "please ban me". :lol:

doubledown has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1189408#post1189408

Buy 1 USED game $29.99 higher get 1 $29.99 lower FREE at GameStop
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=60839

How r u doing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

It continues.

Shit Trak! Way to leave the guy's damn email address in there! :lol: - Led

Scahom1 has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1233012#post1233012

omg YES
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63030

The user: Miguel B has a sig which advertises to Pacific Poker.com...it's pretty
much a hotlink to sign up for the website, promising free gift cards for stores
like Best Buy.

This one isn't really in the wrong, as Scahom was just trying to keep an eye out for referrals in the wrong places and whatnot. I'd like everyone to remember though that sigs are ok for referral/spam requests, as long as they aren't overtly obnoxious. Many people on the site are actually getting paid by people to advertise with their sigs, so this isn't as much of a problem. Again, thanks for keeping an eye out Scahom.

Please keep in mind that spam/referral POSTS/THREADS should still be reported. Thanks everyone.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMFG That is awesome, Led![/QUOTE]

Hey, what's that brown stuff on your nose? It's clashing with your otherwise mostly white and black appearance because you're goth.

This is what I do at 3 in the morning.

$hady has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1265379#post1265379

CAG XBL Madden 2006 League-Week 1 Schedule is up-Post Results Here!!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63182

hey check out her, sig you click and and it's 3 old guys suckin dicks and
kissing!!!!!!!1

While I fully endorse that any links to lemon party be removed with the utmost haste, I do ask that any such request be submitted in English. "sig you click"... that's some straight Yoda shit right there.

I would also point out that $hady reported this post twice, but that might make him look stupid.

Lord Draconus777 has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1256579#post1256579

Xbox 360 Pre-orders Thread (EBgames & GameStop currently)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=64139

I hate people who try to act all up tight and serious, delete this post.

No oversize red letters for this one, 'cause I'm a nice guy and all. But I would like to establish that this isn't something worth reporting.

I was kinda worried about you kids. I hadn't seen any bizarrely-reported posts in some time. But, I believed in you. I always had your back folks, all the way. Keep up the good work.

Hahahahahahaha.......

And I already changed it before mods could do anything. Sad.

Anyways, how do you report mods who act childish? The police needs to be policed!

What's the purpose of this thread? Originally I thought it was supposed to show us what to report and what not to report, and you've done that.

Is this supposed to be a deterrant? Because if it is, it's obviously not working (hence this thread still being active 5 months after its creation).

It would seem as if this thread has devolved into a place where you can belittle users who piss you off. People continue to wrongly report posts, and this thread isn't going to stop it.

How about instead of verbally flogging the people who do it in front of the entire community (accomplishing nothing), why not just send the offending user a polite PM? Perhaps type out a formal reply that says what's ok to report and what not to report? It would stop those particular users from doing it again, and they wouldn't have to me embarressed. Like I said, this thread obviously isn't deterring anybody. If it was, it wouldn't be still going after 5 months.

But you know, that would be the right, mature, and professional way to do things. But why do that when we can make fun of people!

[quote name='kittie']Hahahahahahaha.......

And I already changed it before mods could do anything. Sad.

Anyways, how do you report mods who act childish? The police needs to be policed![/QUOTE]

I think the only person who could answer that is CheapyD, and I have a feeling such claims would fall on deaf ears, as people with such axes to grind are usually hardly the most objective people.

However, it seems like just reporting them when they overstep the bounds does nothing but piss them off and have the other mods rally around them.
I guess I can understand that, though it can sometimes give them the feeling of infallibility... which can be dangerous.

I think Robo-Cheapy needs to rise again and create an elite corps of robo-mods.

[quote name='evilmax17']What's the purpose of this thread? Originally I thought it was supposed to show us what to report and what not to report, and you've done that.

Is this supposed to be a deterrant? Because if it is, it's obviously not working (hence this thread still being active 5 months after its creation).

It would seem as if this thread has devolved into a place where you can belittle users who piss you off. People continue to wrongly report posts, and this thread isn't going to stop it.

How about instead of verbally flogging the people who do it in front of the entire community (accomplishing nothing), why not just send the offending user a polite PM? Perhaps type out a formal reply that says what's ok to report and what not to report? It would stop those particular users from doing it again, and they wouldn't have to me embarressed. Like I said, this thread obviously isn't deterring anybody. If it was, it wouldn't be still going after 5 months.

But you know, that would be the right, mature, and professional way to do things. But why do that when we can make fun of people![/QUOTE]

Well, that would mean you have to have a mature and professional userbase to pull from. Though if that were the case, you wouldn't really need moderators.

That said, the majority of the moderators do as good a job as could be expected by a group of volunteers. Sure, some of them make a couple decisions (ranging from what they post themselves to how the treat people) that I disagree with from time to time, but you have to remember that they do this as volunteers, and are only accountable to CheapyD.

My only complaint is that when a person becomes a mod... who's going to stop them from saying whatever they want?

As we've seen, a certain group of them get quite nasty with me... and there's nothing that can be done about it. But if I'm the one instigating the fight? BAN!

No consistency there.

[quote name='JSweeney']I think the only person who could answer that is CheapyD, and I have a feeling such claims would fall on deaf ears, as people with such axes to grind are usually hardly the most objective people.

However, it seems like just reporting them when they overstep the bounds does nothing but piss them off and have the other mods rally around them.
I guess I can understand that, though it can sometimes give them the feeling of infallibility... which can be dangerous.

I think Robo-Cheapy needs to rise again and create an elite corps of robo-mods.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily so. There have been one or two points in CAG history where I saw a mod going a little over the top. And I took it to them right then and there. In front of everybody who viewed the thread. The result? There were quite a few others who were thinking the same thing, but afraid to confront them about it because the person was an almighty mod. But as soon as they saw me post, they spoke up as well. Then other mods soon stepped in and took care of the situation. But you also have to be careful to know that you are of the correct opinion of the matter. You also need to at least have some degree of respect for people to take you seriously.

But overall, our mods are pretty awesome; a lot better than most forums I have ever come across. And I've only ever had to have words with one mod, really. And he was big enough to pretty much admit that he was out of line, but didn't care. That's at least better than just thinking that he is God.

[quote name='evilmax17']What's the purpose of this thread? Originally I thought it was supposed to show us what to report and what not to report, and you've done that.

But you know, that would be the right, mature, and professional way to do things. But why do that when we can make fun of people![/QUOTE]

Exactly. Let the thread continue!!!:)

[quote name='kittie']My only complaint is that when a person becomes a mod... who's going to stop them from saying whatever they want?

As we've seen, a certain group of them get quite nasty with me... and there's nothing that can be done about it. But if I'm the one instigating the fight? BAN!

No consistency there.[/QUOTE]

Sorry kittie. As much as I believe that you have the right to act however you want (although you do go too far sometimes - see complaint above), you really have dug your own grave with that group. Although I feel that they have the greatest responsibility out of everyone on the forums to at least treat you with indifference, if not just plain be nice to you, that is obviously not the rules of the forum. And if you are banned again as unreasonably as last time (my opinion is that you were banned simply because people didn't like you... - much in the same vein as the Salem witch trials or the McCarthy accusations), I would speak up for you again, but the masses probably wouldn't care.

I wasn't banned because people didn't like me.

It was because 3 losers didn't like me, and the rest of crowd just followed.

Actually, I still don't know why I was banned because Cheapy ignores it whenever I ask him.

[quote name='kittie']I wasn't banned because people didn't like me.

Actually, I still don't know why I was banned because Cheapy ignores it whenever I ask him.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was trying to say. As I implied in my reply to Sweeney, people tend to just follow along with the mods and the "popular" CAG crowd. No one wants to be the one to go against the flow, until someone does. Then you start to slowly see what everyone's real opinion is. I just wished that I had not been away from the boards during that whole fiasco. I was busy with school, then when I came back to the boards, it was an atmosphere like I had never witnessed before. More people definitely should have said something, but as I recall, Sweeney was the only one who did much of anything. And by the time I tried to talk any sense to anyone, it was too late and everyone just tried to get me to leave it be. I still believe that CAG is different now than it was before and I don't think it will ever be what it was...

[quote name='kittie']My only complaint is that when a person becomes a mod... who's going to stop them from saying whatever they want?

No consistency there.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to take that to CheapyD. The mods seem to operate with his full confidence and trust, and thus, I you think one of them stepped over the line, it's best to take it to him than to get in a pissing match with a mod. They'll always win.

Not necessarily so. There have been one or two points in CAG history where I saw a mod going a little over the top.

Of course they will. They're people, and they have emotions. Emotions and opinions color things, and sometime those would lead to them doing something seemingly out of character.

And I took it to them right then and there. In front of everybody who viewed the thread. The result? There were quite a few others who were thinking the same thing, but afraid to confront them about it because the person was an almighty mod.

That's good. If you think that's the best course of action, and don't end up sparking off a flame war, that's the best way to handle the issue, as CheapyD is obviously a fairly busy man and should have to arbitrate every tiny little issue.
However, I have seen some mods join in on piling on on a couple of the favorite "targets"... most people will just take this in jest, or roll with the punches.
Though, there are times where mods have stepped over the line, and taking them to task in thread just isn't a good idea.

But as soon as they saw me post, they spoke up as well. Then other mods soon stepped in and took care of the situation. But you also have to be careful to know that you are of the correct opinion of the matter. You also need to at least have some degree of respect for people to take you seriously.

True, True. MOST of the time, these things are just trivial misunderstandings, and through the intervention of other posters and other mods, these things can work out well. Unfortunately, just like many other posters, some mods will have agendas or axes to grind from time to time, and unfortunately, thier rank will lend credence to some statements that are entirely baseless or uncalled for.

But overall, our mods are pretty awesome; a lot better than most forums I have ever come across. And I've only ever had to have words with one mod, really. And he was big enough to pretty much admit that he was out of line, but didn't care. That's at least better than just thinking that he is God.

Yes, for the most part, the moderators do a great job... especially considering that they are all just volunteers.

[quote name='kittie']I wasn't banned because people didn't like me.

Actually, I still don't know why I was banned because Cheapy ignores it whenever I ask him.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all of those needless bumps in the deal threads (the heart and soul of this board) when you were on ultra-ignore didn't help things.
That's why you got banned.

Why you got put on ultra-ignore, I don't know, though I'd guess it was the flame war that raged on between you and those three people.

[quote name='MorPhiend']That's what I was trying to say. As I implied in my reply to Sweeney, people tend to just follow along with the mods and the "popular" CAG crowd. No one wants to be the one to go against the flow, until someone does. Then you start to slowly see what everyone's real opinion is. I just wished that I had not been away from the boards during that whole fiasco. I was busy with school, then when I came back to the boards, it was an atmosphere like I had never witnessed before. More people definitely should have said something, but as I recall, Sweeney was the only one who did much of anything. And by the time I tried to talk any sense to anyone, it was too late and everyone just tried to get me to leave it be. I still believe that CAG is different now than it was before and I don't think it will ever be what it was...[/QUOTE]

I would just add that I believe many people here do not follow the 'opera and theater' of the regular Cagers and hence are cluesless when something odd is going on. If something 'big' is going down I usually just wonder what the story is but don't do anything and continue browsing.

[quote name='JSweeney']Not necessarily so. There have been one or two points in CAG history where I saw a mod going a little over the top.

Of course they will. They're people, and they have emotions. Emotions and opinions color things, and sometime those would lead to them doing something seemingly out of character.

And I took it to them right then and there. In front of everybody who viewed the thread. The result? There were quite a few others who were thinking the same thing, but afraid to confront them about it because the person was an almighty mod.

That's good. If you think that's the best course of action, and don't end up sparking off a flame war, that's the best way to handle the issue, as CheapyD is obviously a fairly busy man and should have to arbitrate every tiny little issue.
However, I have seen some mods join in on piling on on a couple of the favorite "targets"... most people will just take this in jest, or roll with the punches.
Though, there are times where mods have stepped over the line, and taking them to task in thread just isn't a good idea.

But as soon as they saw me post, they spoke up as well. Then other mods soon stepped in and took care of the situation. But you also have to be careful to know that you are of the correct opinion of the matter. You also need to at least have some degree of respect for people to take you seriously.

True, True. MOST of the time, these things are just trivial misunderstandings, and through the intervention of other posters and other mods, these things can work out well. Unfortunately, just like many other posters, some mods will have agendas or axes to grind from time to time, and unfortunately, thier rank will lend credence to some statements that are entirely baseless or uncalled for.

Yes, for the most part, the moderators do a great job... especially considering that they are all just volunteers.[/QUOTE]

All very true. You certainly don't go taking on every mod for every little discrepency. But while just human, they are still reasonable people and will usually admit when they were at fault on something, given that they don't have a reason to try and use their power to your detriment. If you are at odds with a single one of them though, you can pretty much say good bye to any power of persuasion which you might otherwise have had with any of them

[quote name='JSweeney']You'd have to take that to CheapyD. The mods seem to operate with his full confidence and trust, and thus, I you think one of them stepped over the line, it's best to take it to him than to get in a pissing match with a mod. They'll always win.[/QUOTE]

I PM Cheapy, e-mail, whatever, he always ignores me... yet, he feels the need to babble about me with others.

Thus why I don't think much of him... but, as long as he doesn't use his powers to screw me over again, I can play nice.

[quote name='kittie']I PM Cheapy, e-mail, whatever, he always ignores me... yet, he feels the need to babble about me with others.

Thus why I don't think much of him... but, as long as he doesn't use his powers to screw me over again, I can play nice.[/QUOTE]

Yes, supersluth, Cheapy has nothing better to do than ridicule you incesantly. Ever read 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? In other words, if you didn't bitch so much about everything when you're A- being talked about you when you whore yourself out for attention or B- being ignored when whoring yourself out for attention, you might get a little more notice and or respect.

[quote name='kittie']I PM Cheapy, e-mail, whatever, he always ignores me... yet, he feels the need to babble about me with others.

Thus why I don't think much of him... but, as long as he doesn't use his powers to screw me over again, I can play nice.[/QUOTE]

Can you prove that? I'd love to see some actual posts, PMs, etc where CheapyD does that. As this is his site, it's his poragative if he did want to do that, but I've not really seen that happen... the only time I've seen him speak of you negatively was during the posting tirade where-in you had gotten yourself banned the first time. I could be wrong, but I've not seen much data or proof to the contrary.

Perhaps you should mention that you have 5 cag arcade records.... you need to start throwing your prestige around.

should you not be ignored?

how would you know that? where's the proof?

and that is why cheapy cries himself to sleep at night

and what if he did "use his powers" to "screw you over again"? is that a threat? wtf are you going to do?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']should you not be ignored?

how would you know that? where's the proof?

and that is why cheapy cries himself to sleep at night

and what if he did "use his powers" to "screw you over again"? is that a threat? wtf are you going to do?[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's like what I said, but completely devoid of tact.

[quote name='Trakan']Kayden and Sweeney, you do realize you're giving her what she wants, right?[/QUOTE]

So long as someone isn't vulgar, abusive, or harming someone else in some way, I don't really see the harm in listening to someone's opinion. Many times, one of the best ways to deal with someone is to give them just enough rope to hang themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back