The Credit Card thread (Cash Back)

PhrostByte

CAG Newbie
Maybe I'm just not aware of an already existing Credit Card thread, but it seems like something this site is sorely lacking.. I mean we're CAGs, shouldn't we look for credit cards with good cash back rates?

Anyway.. if I'm just overlooking the thread, let me know.. otherwise, I'll start the discussion.

There's a lot of info on FW, SD, creditboards, but some of those people are highly obsessed.. so I'll just tell you about two cards today. One card I already have and another I'm considering applying for.

The first card I'd like to tell ya'll about is the Pentagon Federal Credit Union Platinum VISA Rewards card. This is the one I have. Here are the details

• 5% off all gas purchases
  • 2% off all grocery purchases
  • 1.25% off otherwise
  • no rewards cap, instantly applied as a statement credit at the end of your billing cycle
What's the catch? You either have to be military, have a relative in the military, or join some sort of affiliated organization. If you're a student, you can sign up with a co-signer as well. Some of the affiliated organizations include the MOAA, the NMFA, and SAME. I believe signing up for SAME is free. This is an excellent card for its sheer simplicity, and they also have great rates for other loans, such as mortgages and car loans. The website is http://www.penfed.org/ Here's a picture.

penfed-visa.gif

Ok, enough of that. Now I'll tell you about the MTVu STUDENT Platinum VISA Rewards card. You must be a student to get this (although I'm sure you can get it if you're not). This is the one I'm considering. Instead of instant cash back, you get points redeemable for various prizes. Sounds like bullshit right? Well, it's certainly not as easy as the PenFed, but some of the deals make up for it. Here are the details:

• 5 points for purchases made at bookstores, restaurants (fast food too), movies, movie rental stores, bars, other ones too. The way this is calculated is through the merchant category code, any stores that identify themselves with the above codes qualify. AMAZON IS INCLUDED!!!
  • 10 points/qualifying purchases for the 3 months.
  • 1 point otherwise (might as well use your PenFed for non-qualifying merchants).
  • Points are redeemable at http://www.thankyou.com/ You'll notice that most of the redeemable prizes are not a 1 point : 1 cent ratio. I know this.. There are some, however, that are. Flights are very cheap with this system, also.. amazon.com gift certificates are 1:1. There's also student loan discounts, which are basically checks written out to your bank. A lot of people have successfully cashed these, and this is without a doubt the best way to spend your points.
  • Bonus points for paying your bill on time.
  • Bonus points on a tiered system for faxing in your grades.
  • Bonus points for referals.
Here's the link for applying: http://creditcards.citicards.com/us...2&ProspectID=D08AE5CF4F7B4D29A51EFF3168A6B9F1

Here's a picture:

citi_student_mtvu.gif

As you can see, it's hideous. I'll most likely be applying for this card very soon. If you also want to apply.. let me know and maybe I can refer you? Well, that's all for now. If you have any questions or wish to add anything, post. :)

Extra MTVu info from fatwallet:

You cannot get this card if your total debt(clarification) on all your revolving credit lines is above $10,000. They will not care about the amount of income you have. -Rushnrockt
For GPA bonus:
Grade submission form

5% Qualified Merchants:
Bookstores

• Amazon.com (certain purchases)(doesn't work on Music store)
          • iTunes
          • Barnes & Noble (in store only, not online)
          • Fast Food (alphabetical)
          • Arby's
          • Burger King
          • Carl's JR
          • Checkers
          • Chick Fil A
          • Dominoes
          • DUNKIN DONUTS
          • Good Times
          • Little Caesars Pizza
          • Jack In The Box
          • Jersey Mikes Submarines
          • Oregon Coast Aquarium Cafe
          • McDonalds
          • Popeyes
          • Qdoba
          • Quizno's
          • Skyline Chili
          • Sbarro
          • Starbucks
          • Subway
          • Taco Bell
          • Taco Del Mar
          • Waffle House
          • Wendys
          • WhataburgerRestaurants
          • Carrabba's Italian Grill
          • China Grand Buffet
          • Dante's Cafe (Portland, OR)
          • Godfather's Pizza
          • Hometown Buffet
          • Olive Garden
          • Papa Johns Pizza B&M / PapaJohns.com
          • Pizza Hut
          • Shari's
          • TGI Fridays
          • Movie Theaters
          • Rave Motion Pictures
          • AMC
          • Edwards/Regal
          • Video Rental Stores
          • Blockbuster online
          • Movielink
          • Music/Video Stores
          • FYE
            face-icon-small-mad.gif
          • Did NOT qualify for 5%
            face-icon-small-mad.gif
          • NetFlix
          • half.com
          • Certain bars (pub in the name has nothing to do with it, it's how an establishment codes itself w/the CC comp.)
          • restaurant.com
          • yourmusic.com
          • Red Robin
          • ch.com
          • DeepDiscountDVD.com
          • Tuna Town (Huntington Beach, CA)
          • Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream(merchandise)
          • TextbookX.com
          • Krispy Kreme (Classed as Merchandise - BAKERIES)
Why didn't my purchase qualify?
Go to Statements-> "Purchases" and click on the amounts that were charged
That will pop up a window with Transaction Details:

Merchant Category
Restaurants - DRINKING PLACES-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

Categories that appear to qualify (among others)

Entertainment - VIDEO ENTERTAINMENT RENTAL STORES
Entertainment - MOTION PICTURE THEATERS
Restaurants - EATING PLACE,RESTAURANT
Restaurants - FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS
Merchandise - BOOK STORES
Merchandise - RECORD STORES
Note that some book stores (e.g. B&N online, TextbookX) do not qualify because they categorize themselves as "BOOKS, PERIODICALS, AND NEWSPAPERS" rather than "BOOK STORES".
Rewards Network/I-dine Cash Back rebates do not count against Restauarants Categories -- only 1TY/$1 not 5TY/$1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chris Dillon']adding to america's debt, this thread should be closed. I dont know, stupid post, kinda bored, go back to school next week, ill remember this day.[/quote]

:lol:

Glad you guys are getting some use out of the thread.. if you think there are any cards I should add to the original post, let me know.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']adding to america's debt, this thread should be closed. I dont know, stupid post, kinda bored, go back to school next week, ill remember this day.[/quote]

Is this for real?

[quote name='JolietJake']Irresponsible people add to America's debt. If you know how to work the card, credit cards are completely fine.[/quote]

Seriously.. people that research their financial decisions are usually part of the solution. Our cash back cards are earning us more income, thereby allowing us to consume more, and inject more money into the American economy. :lol:

Exactly. I just bought a new Macbook, and the cashback I'm getting from that purchase on my Chase Freedom put me into the bonus zone where I will get a $250 check from Chase in the mail in a few weeks. And what am I going to do with that $250 check? It's going towards the Applecare plan for the laptop.

When you spend money, you should make money. Even in personal finance ;)

Chase Freedom is nice.. maybe I'll update the OP and put it in there. The thing is though.. I buy lots of shit online, would that count as a category with Chase Freedom?

So I just got my second PenFed statement in the mail.

Total charged: $497.60

earned 1.25%: 3.90
earned 2%: 0.37
earned 5%: 5.15
total: 9.42

That makes it around 2% off all purchases. Not bad really.. once I get that MTVu card in the mail my average cash back will be bumped up to around 4% total. :D

Not too shabby huh? Much better than the horrible Crapital One point system I used before I knew better.

So I'm about to turn 18 and I need some help.

I have had a credit card that was in my mother's name for two years. It is a 300 dollar limit and I pay it all off every month.

Here's my question when I turn 18 at the end of the month I want a card in my name so I can build my credit, I would also like a cashack card like the one's mentioned in this thread. How should I go about doing this?

^^^You apply for them online, by phone, or mail and hope you get approved. I would recommend having a job even if it is part time. Personally I have not been declined for a card application, but I think they might be a little more careful with who they 'give' credit to because of the mortgage crisis. It sounds like you are doing everything right, so you shouldn't have a problem getting approval.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Chase Freedom is nice.. maybe I'll update the OP and put it in there. The thing is though.. I buy lots of shit online, would that count as a category with Chase Freedom?[/quote]

My post was just in reference of the guy who said credit cards hurt the economy or whatever. I actually DO NOT endorse the Chase Freedom anymore, because it offers less cash back benefits now (the 3% category thing is now only for the first 6 months, apparently).

Also, the categories are really fishy. Each retailer decides what they want to label themselves as, so you'd have to research that (for example, Borders and Barnes & Nobles consider themselves bookstores, even in online purchases). And for me, I've run into gas stations where they count themselves as vehicle maintenance instead of gas, which really pisses me off too.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^You apply for them online, by phone, or mail and hope you get approved. I would recommend having a job even if it is part time. Personally I have not been declined for a card application, but I think they might be a little more careful with who they 'give' credit to because of the mortgage crisis. It sounds like you are doing everything right, so you shouldn't have a problem getting approval.[/quote]

You should have no problem getting approved for a card. Read my first post to find some ones you might be interested. PenFed has a student card which you can apply for if your parents co-sign. The Citi MTVu student card is another one that will suit your needs. Citi generally gives out decent credit lines too.

[quote name='FecesBreath']My post was just in reference of the guy who said credit cards hurt the economy or whatever. I actually DO NOT endorse the Chase Freedom anymore, because it offers less cash back benefits now (the 3% category thing is now only for the first 6 months, apparently).

Also, the categories are really fishy. Each retailer decides what they want to label themselves as, so you'd have to research that (for example, Borders and Barnes & Nobles consider themselves bookstores, even in online purchases). And for me, I've run into gas stations where they count themselves as vehicle maintenance instead of gas, which really pisses me off too.[/quote]

Oh ok.. 6 months is bullshit. I no longer consider Chase Freedom a decent card. :nottalking: If you're looking at a temporary card, might as well go for the Citi AMEX Platinum.. it has a fee which is waived for the first year.

I still haven't received my MTVU card, thought i'd have it by now. When i actually want a card sent to me, it takes forever.

[quote name='JolietJake']Irresponsible people add to America's debt. If you know how to work the card, credit cards are completely fine.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='JolietJake']I still haven't received my MTVU card, thought i'd have it by now. When i actually want a card sent to me, it takes forever.[/quote]

I haven't gotten mine either.. which is bullshit cuz I'm considering signing up for the Citi Platinum AMEX and I want to do it through my Citi account.

Still considering getting the MTVU card because of the amount of purchasing I do on Amazon. I just don't know how much different it will be than my Citibank Dividend Platinum Select card. I have 35 dollars of cashback on that card but I'm pretty sure the rate has been doubled for the first 6 months so I can expect a lot less in the future.

I still haven't gotten mine yet... already disappointed with my PhrostByte-CitiBank relationship. :lol:

Glad you guys are getting something out of the thread. I think the next card I'll be adding to the original post will be the Citi Platinum AMEX. If you have anything to say about it.. positive or negative, post!

Read the privacy notice you get with it, that is if you don't want them giving out info on your spending habits to everyone under the sun.

Thanks for the thread, I'm 21 and a college student and still don't have a credit card but I'm strongly considering getting one.

I've always liked wanting to buy something on impulse or just pure desire, only to log into my checking account and seeing that I couldn't afford it. That and learning how to be responsible with my money always left me with enough ample money in my account.

Right now I'm looking at the MTVu card and I like what I see. How exactly is the process of obtaining a credit card? I have absolutely no experience with it and would prefer doing it online. What kind of information would I need? I'd like to gather up everything I need before applying to make it as painless as possible.

Also, is there a penalty for "not using the card enough?" I'm not really a big spender and can literally go for months with just paying for gas/food, so is there a minimal amount that I would have to use without penalty? I always pay for food/groceries and cheaper expenses with cash since I always have some readily-available in my wallet, but I might make the transition over to plastic if it helps me build credit since I basically have none at the moment.

I'm in the process of purchasing a MacBook, but do you guys think it would be beneficial for me to purchase it with a credit card rather than debit? I'm new to the whole Rewards thing, so I don't actually know if I would benefit from it or not.

And an extremely noob question: How exactly do I pay off the bill every month? I currently don't have any accounts with Citi, so I'm just wondering how I would fund it.

EDIT: I'm assuming I won't have a large enough credit line for a MacBook, so I think I'll just put a couple of textbooks on it as a first purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be able to answer all of your questions, but I'll attempt the ones I can.

[quote name='menikmati']

Right now I'm looking at the MTVu card and I like what I see. How exactly is the process of obtaining a credit card? I have absolutely no experience with it and would prefer doing it online. What kind of information would I need? I'd like to gather up everything I need before applying to make it as painless as possible. [/quote]

You won't need much. Just your SS# and an estimate of how much you make per month. The whole process takes around 10-15 mins, I would say.

Also, is there a penalty for "not using the card enough?" I'm not really a big spender and can literally go for months with just paying for gas/food, so is there a minimal amount that I would have to use without penalty? I always pay for food/groceries and cheaper expenses with cash since I always have some readily-available in my wallet, but I might make the transition over to plastic if it helps me build credit since I basically have none at the moment.

I don't know the answer to the penalty part, but I would suggest that if you are mainly are going to be using the card for gas/grocery (if you do decide to use it and not use cash), then you might want to consider another card that gives rewards for gas and grocery. The MtvU card is best if you plan to purchase books with it (or Amazon), fast food, movies, and some other places.

I'm in the process of purchasing a MacBook, but do you guys think it would be beneficial for me to purchase it with a credit card rather than debit? I'm new to the whole Rewards thing, so I don't actually know if I would benefit from it or not.

As far as reward points, I don't think you would get anything, but I could be wrong on that part. I would say that it would help your credit, if you purchase it and pay it all off. Remember, we are all about not accruing any interest.

And an extremely noob question: How exactly do I pay off the bill every month? I currently don't have any accounts with Citi, so I'm just wondering how I would fund it.

EDIT: I'm assuming I won't have a large enough credit line for a MacBook, so I think I'll just put a couple of textbooks on it as a first purchase.

You link up your bank account. So, when it comes time to make a payment, you determine how much you want to pay (hopefully the entire statement balance), it will withdraw funds from your account. For that you will need your account number and your bank's routing number.

You may or may not have enough credit for the Macbook. It depends how much you make and if you have any credit history at all (i.e. Student Loans). For me, I make around $500 a month and I have student loans (some of which I had paid off before I applied), and they gave me an intial credit limit of $4500, I believe.

[quote name='menikmati']Also, is there a penalty for "not using the card enough?" I'm not really a big spender and can literally go for months with just paying for gas/food, so is there a minimal amount that I would have to use without penalty? I always pay for food/groceries and cheaper expenses with cash since I always have some readily-available in my wallet, but I might make the transition over to plastic if it helps me build credit since I basically have none at the moment.[/quote]

Very few cards would have a penalty for not using the card enough, if they exist at all. At worst, you'll have some tiered cash back system and not make enough cash back. I have cards that even send me bonuses if they notice that I haven't used the card in awhile (e.g. get $5 cash back on your next purchase with this card!)
Anyway, just paying for gas is plenty.

I'm always trying to convince my mom to use her credit card for groceries for the cash back, but she refuses because she uses the cash she has as a way of budgeting; oh well.

Credit cards are generally safer than debit cards. I hate debit cards.

Otherwise, what puffaluffy said...

I think I might sign up for Penfed. I am mad at CHASE for taking over my former CITI Sony card. They screwed me out of 11,000 points when they converted over from citi and I am still fighting to get them back. I will still keep my sontcard for sony stuff, but I would like a new 'main card'. My discover platimum only has like 0.5% cashback, so that is not an option.

[quote name='menikmati']Thanks for the thread, I'm 21 and a college student and still don't have a credit card but I'm strongly considering getting one.

I've always liked wanting to buy something on impulse or just pure desire, only to log into my checking account and seeing that I couldn't afford it. That and learning how to be responsible with my money always left me with enough ample money in my account.

Right now I'm looking at the MTVu card and I like what I see. How exactly is the process of obtaining a credit card? I have absolutely no experience with it and would prefer doing it online. What kind of information would I need? I'd like to gather up everything I need before applying to make it as painless as possible.

EDIT: I'm assuming I won't have a large enough credit line for a MacBook, so I think I'll just put a couple of textbooks on it as a first purchase.[/quote]

If you're responsible, you have every reason in the world to get a card:

• cash back
  • credit history
  • don't have to carry around change (my personal favorite) :lol:
Filling out an application online is pretty quick and painless. The MTVu is a good card for food and bookstores (amazon). If you're going to buy your MacBook off amazon, the MTVu card will actually give you 10 points per dollar! (10 points on qualifying purchases for the first 3 months). You can pay all your bills either online or by check, I pay mine online. If you need another card for gas and groceries, either the Citi Platinum AMEX or the PenFed are your best bet. Better yet, get two. The MTVu card might give you enough credit to buy your MacBook, and if it doesn't, maybe you can put the charge on two different cards? Oh, and I seriously doubt you'll find a card that has a non-use penalty.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I might sign up for Penfed. I am mad at CHASE for taking over my former CITI Sony card. They screwed me out of 11,000 points when they converted over from citi and I am still fighting to get them back. I will still keep my sontcard for sony stuff, but I would like a new 'main card'. My discover platimum only has like 0.5% cashback, so that is not an option.[/quote]

Definitely go for the PenFed.. while you have to put a little bit of work in to get it, after you have it.. it's the most hassle-free card there is. No one from Pentagon Federal calls and bothers you. If you call them though, you get to talk to a real person right away, and there's always real helpful. Instant cash back is the biggest perk.

Wow just got my face smashed by Citicard. They denied my request for a card. They cited

o Too many recent credit inquiries were recorded on your
credit bureau report.

Now I'm freaking out because I don't know how this can be. I mean I've looked at a credit report maybe 2-3 times in the last 5 months. I was told in one of my business classes that checking one's own credit report didn't affect anything. They even tell me to check my credit report right after this. Why would I want to check it again after I was just told I can't get a credit card because I've checked it.

I would guess because if someone had stolen your identity and applied for things in your name, your credit would have been checked each time. They're telling you to check it in case that has happened.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Wow just got my face smashed by Citicard. They denied my request for a card. They cited

credit bureau report.

Now I'm freaking out because I don't know how this can be. I mean I've looked at a credit report maybe 2-3 times in the last 5 months. I was told in one of my business classes that checking one's own credit report didn't affect anything. They even tell me to check my credit report right after this. Why would I want to check it again after I was just told I can't get a credit card because I've checked it.[/quote]

Yeah dude that's weird. A self-check is a soft pull, soft pulls don't show up on your credit report..

I got my MTVu card in the mail today and applied for the Citi Platinum AMEX. I was neither auto-denied or accepted. They said they'll contact me to let me know. I also printed out a Citi MTVu grade points redemption form, located here:

http://www.grillmaestro.com/mtvu-Grade-Points-Redemption-Form.pdf

I'm gonna photoshop my grades and send it in, hope it works. :lol:

[quote name='Treythalomew']Wow just got my face smashed by Citicard. They denied my request for a card. They cited

credit bureau report.

Now I'm freaking out because I don't know how this can be. I mean I've looked at a credit report maybe 2-3 times in the last 5 months. I was told in one of my business classes that checking one's own credit report didn't affect anything. They even tell me to check my credit report right after this. Why would I want to check it again after I was just told I can't get a credit card because I've checked it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your own checking shouldn't count as one of those "credit inquiries". You should probably check again, especially if you have any of the free checks left and if you haven't been applying for other cards recently. Make sure you don't see any accounts you don't recognize

So how does cash back work? From only using my debit card I am very interested in the cash back for the things I buy.

Do you get a check at the end of the year? Or is it automatically deducted from say your gas (for the pen fed card) so when you go to the pump you automatically pay 5% less?

[quote name='pbnate88']So how does cash back work? From only using my debit card I am very interested in the cash back for the things I buy.

Do you get a check at the end of the year? Or is it automatically deducted from say your gas (for the pen fed card) so when you go to the pump you automatically pay 5% less?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the card, but it's never an instant discount like that.
The most convenient ones (including penfed, I believe) will credit your next statement, so your bill is reduced.
Some make you accumulate money, and then they'll offer checks or credit to your account. For example, you have to wait until you accumulate $50 for the Freedom card and then they'll send you a $50 check, or you can wait until you accumulate $200 and they'll send you a $250 check.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and got my Experian credit report and all is in check. I was able to find that there has been three credit checks in the last year/ever.

The first was for my local bank to get me a checking and savings account after I graduated high school in May.

The second was my first credit card from Citicard. The third was Citicard again for the new card on the 11th. Apparently two checks in 8 months is too much.

No biggie since I have a credit card and was just looking for extra benefits. I can hold out till Summer I guess and try again. I don't want to fight Citicard just to get this.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah dude that's weird. A self-check is a soft pull, soft pulls don't show up on your credit report..

I got my MTVu card in the mail today and applied for the Citi Platinum AMEX. I was neither auto-denied or accepted. They said they'll contact me to let me know. I also printed out a Citi MTVu grade points redemption form, located here:

http://www.grillmaestro.com/mtvu-Grade-Points-Redemption-Form.pdf

I'm gonna photoshop my grades and send it in, hope it works. :lol:[/quote]
Heh, let me know how that works out. I was thinking of sending in my grades from last semester, but i read that you had to have had the card during that semester. So last semester wouldn't qualify since i just got the card. I may still try thought.

[quote name='Conroy']It depends on the card, but it's never an instant discount like that.
The most convenient ones (including penfed, I believe) will credit your next statement, so your bill is reduced.
Some make you accumulate money, and then they'll offer checks or credit to your account. For example, you have to wait until you accumulate $50 for the Freedom card and then they'll send you a $50 check, or you can wait until you accumulate $200 and they'll send you a $250 check.[/quote]

That chase card sounds pretty good but how does Pen Fed work? I read that it is credited to your account so does that mean you spend say

$100 in gas at 5% so $5 credited to your account so does that mean at the end of the month I'll pay $5 less so $95? or do I get that cash back in the mail or something

lol, never dealt with cash back

[quote name='pbnate88']That chase card sounds pretty good but how does Pen Fed work? I read that it is credited to your account so does that mean you spend say

$100 in gas at 5% so $5 credited to your account so does that mean at the end of the month I'll pay $5 less so $95? or do I get that cash back in the mail or something

lol, never dealt with cash back[/quote]

I don't have penfed, but according to the first post, it's credited to your next statement, so you'll have a lower credit card bill, which is awesome.

I'd be wary of the chase freedom right now, it seems to be in the process of being crippled.

[quote name='Megalith']Wait, so the MTVu card is actually better than Amazon's own rewards card?[/quote]

Absolutely. 5% off amazon when amazon is the merchant, you might be able to get 5% off third party merchants if they classify themselves as bookstores. Keep in mind this is 10% for 3 months.

[quote name='JolietJake']Heh, let me know how that works out. I was thinking of sending in my grades from last semester, but i read that you had to have had the card during that semester. So last semester wouldn't qualify since i just got the card. I may still try thought.[/quote]

I will let ya'll know for sure. :)

In other news, I was denied for my Citi Platinum AMEX... oh well, didn't hurt (that much) to try. Makes sense that a little 'ol student like me wouldn't qualify for a big spender card... even with my great credit score. Now I'm mad at Citi and will use this as an excuse to not update the original post. :lol:

[quote name='pbnate88']That chase card sounds pretty good but how does Pen Fed work? I read that it is credited to your account so does that mean you spend say

lol, never dealt with cash back[/quote]

It's actually credited for that month's statement. You spend $100 on gas this month, your statement will only ask you for $95. Pretty sweet, huh?

I've been trying to sign up with that thankyou rewards site all morning, damn thing gets to step three and then starts all over again, never gets to the confirmation page.

I was having trouble with Citi's site yesterday, but I was able to log into thankyou.com, showing my 0 points. I guess the points are credited at the end of the billing statement? Also, Joliet, try a different browser maybe?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I was having trouble with Citi's site yesterday, but I was able to log into thankyou.com, showing my 0 points. I guess the points are credited at the end of the billing statement? Also, Joliet, try a different browser maybe?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you get credited your points at the end of the statement period.

I guess i'll give IE a try, was using firefox. I can't even register for thankyou to see my balance.

edit- IE worked, i'll have to remember that.

Haha damn I got denied from Pen Fed and I have good credit.

Too bad the other card you mention does not give cash back on gas/groceries

[quote name='pbnate88']Haha damn I got denied from Pen Fed and I have good credit.

Too bad the other card you mention does not give cash back on gas/groceries[/quote]

That sucks about being denied. :( I'll try to find an alternative for you when I'm at work, but it's hard to live up to PenFed. Are you a student? Maybe you can apply for the PenFed student card? If you're not a student, do you have both a good credit score and a decent income? If so, try applying for the Citi AMEX Platinum.

I am actually a student but only for one more semester. She kept asking me if I had someone to co-sign. Maybe it's because I asked for a low limit or something.

I would definitely try applying for the student card, once you're a member, you're set for life for all their services.

[quote name='pbnate88']I will apply.

I found it kind of odd they asked me like four times if I had any additional income besides my job.[/quote]

Did you include your income from dope sales? :lol:

bread's done
Back