The Dark Knight Exclusives

joker______

CAGiversary!
saw this at superherohype.com & all credit goes to LEGO Penguin

Not only will MANY stores be doing a Midnight Opening, but also, there are NINE different versions of the film released that day. This is what Best Buy will be carrying...

Dark Knight: Fullscreen Version

Dark Knight: Widescreen Version

Dark Knight: Special Edition

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Special Edition (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batpod)

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Batman Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Blu-Ray (w/ Clown Mask)
BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Dark Knight: Soundtrack Special Edition

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE mini-statues available for $9.99

jokerbestbuy.jpg

batmanbestbuy.jpg

Wal-Mart Exclusive
"Bonus Comic Book" and "Commemorative Coin" (AKA Harvey Dent's coin).
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10726993

Circuit City Exclusive

**** Circuit City Exclusive: Free Batman logo journal with the purchase of The Dark Knight 2 Disc Limited Edition DVD // While supplies last // It looks like the Circuit City version has a Joker: “Why So Serious?” Slipcover

Target Exclusive

Batman: The Dark Knight – Target Exclusive Blu-Ray Edition >>>> $29.99 ****

DVSY23180.jpg
**** Only At Target! Both the Deluxe and Blu-Ray versions have collectible Batman mask packaging. Also included is a digital copy and bonus footage & features // Quantities limited // No rain checks

credit to speedy

Hollywood Video Exclusive

i dont have a pic but i saw this today going up to HWV,when you buy a copy of TDK you get a set of BatEars,it doesnt sound like a good Exclusive but just throwing it out there

FYE

movie comes in the steel book cases----->no pic

jokerbestbuy.jpg
batmanbestbuy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw pictures of all of these at DVD Talk, I think I'm gonna stick with the Steelbook at FYE.

The figurines looks pretty cool though

So let me get this straight--the freebies are only available with purchase of the SD-DVD Special Edition? None of the Blu-rays? I'm planning on buying the granddaddy of them all, the Blu-ray Batpod; am I to be denied the extra goodies?

[quote name='Filmmaker']So let me get this straight--the freebies are only available with purchase of the SD-DVD Special Edition? None of the Blu-rays? I'm planning on buying the granddaddy of them all, the Blu-ray Batpod; am I to be denied the extra goodies?[/quote]

I would assume that the Blu-Rays with the masks is basically the same as the SD-DVD SE.

I've got the Batpod Bluray version on preorder over at Amazon. I LOVE TDK, but I don't feel like buying a whole other DVD just for some masks.

[quote name='Filmmaker']So let me get this straight--the freebies are only available with purchase of the SD-DVD Special Edition? None of the Blu-rays? I'm planning on buying the granddaddy of them all, the Blu-ray Batpod; am I to be denied the extra goodies?[/quote]
i think the batpod blu ray would just get the mini statues idk about the masks but they may change at the last min ill keep updating this thread if i get more info

[quote name='crashnburn69']any pictures of the masks?[/quote]

no sorry,the orignal post does not include pics of the masks,but if i find any ill be sure to post them up

I saw the batman figure at bb fairlakes last night. Good grief, so many editions.. but only one shall be mine...the blue ray version.

Are there exclusives anywhere else? I'm not liking Best Buy's. I'm hoping for an exclusvie comic book or dvd with bonus material or something.

[quote name='drawingboard']You edit thread titles by clicking "Edit" under your post. That will take you to another page where you can change the title.[/quote]

thanks man

pretty sure target is doing an exclusive. the movies come in a batman mask, just like what they did with iron. forget where i saw the pics but they are out there some where, and yes for blu-ray too.

Why can't they just release every single DVD in a steelbook, period?

Speaking of which, I was at F.Y.E. the other day and noticed they had tons of Iron Man DVD Steelbooks. I thought this was a canada exclusive...

Also noticed they restocked their Transformers Steelbooks (had one of each D&A), and even had a used one for $15...crazy tempting.

[quote name='Kerig']
Speaking of which, I was at F.Y.E. the other day and noticed they had tons of Iron Man DVD Steelbooks. I thought this was a canada exclusive...
[/quote]
The Blu ray Steel was.

[quote name='Kerig']Why can't they just release every single DVD in a steelbook, period?

Also noticed they restocked their Transformers Steelbooks (had one of each D&A), and even had a used one for $15...crazy tempting.[/quote]
the bluray steelbook was the canadian exclusive not the regular dvd version

Will you be getting all?

[quote name='joker______']saw this at superherohype.com & all credit goes to LEGO Penguin

Not only will MANY stores be doing a Midnight Opening, but also, there are NINE different versions of the film released that day. This is what Best Buy will be carrying...[/quote]

[quote name='shadowkast']pretty sure target is doing an exclusive. the movies come in a batman mask, just like what they did with iron. forget where i saw the pics but they are out there some where, and yes for blu-ray too.[/QUOTE]

1253846.jpg

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...-ad-prices-december-7-december-13-2008-a.html

Hmmm...worth the extra $6 (vs. Amazon)? What else is it besides the mask case? I checked for Iron Man; nothing additional seemed to have been included.

Hm. I love the Joker mask, but the 2 disc DVD is $23 and the mask set is $35... definitely not worth the price hike. I will, however, cancel my Amazon preorder and buy the SE for $23 at BestBuy to get that free Joker figurine!

This sucks. I'm a mega Batman fan and I have an insane number of choices that I don't know which version and which exclusive to pick up.

Does anybody know if Circuit City's 2 Disk "Why So Serious" Limited Edition includes the Special Features disk and the Digital Copy Disk or just the Digital Copy disk? I'm asking because I know some movies labeled 2 disk are just the Movie and a Digital Copy disk, but I've seen pictures showing that the Dark Knight 2 Disk Blu Ray includes (1) Movie, (2) Special Features, (3) Digital Copy disks.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. I love the Joker mask, but the 2 disc DVD is $23 and the mask set is $35... definitely not worth the price hike. I will, however, cancel my Amazon preorder and buy the SE for $23 at BestBuy to get that free Joker figurine![/QUOTE]

according to the ad scan the figures are not free. You just get the joker cards at best buy

Anybody know what's going on with the Circuit City limited edition? --The website used to show the Alternate "Why So Serious" cover and now it shows the regular "Motorcycle" cover.

So the BD steelbook is for canada only? Also the clown mask set is that a BD set also? Chances are by the time I get there to get this all will be sold out at best buy but I will be getting this on BD. If I can get an extra it will be something of the Joker and not batman. If they dont have the Joker mini statue or the clown mask with the BD I will not be getting an extra at all.

Ugh. I don't get it at all... other than the fact I wanna buy whatever version gives away the free Joker Statuette. BB and Circuit City mention the statue on their website!

Anyone know any details of that journal being packed in with the Circuit City "Limited" Edition (what it says on the "Why So Serious" cover). To be honest, I'm afraid it'll be a blank journal for Dark Knight fans to write diary entries in.

RE: Circuit City Limited Edition.

I emailed Circuit City regarding the Limited Edition, since the Why So Serious cover is no longer displayed on their website, and here's the response I got.

Dear ******:

Thank you for writing to circuitcity.com with your inquiry. I have researched your question and found out that unfortunately, the "Why So Serious" cover is not being advertised with the Dark Knight DVD.

I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced.

Thank you for giving us this chance to assist you. Feel free to contact us in the future with other questions you may have. We're here to help!

Sincerely,

Niesha Brown
Customer Support Coordinator

This doesn't seem good, but I'm not sure what "not being advertised with the Dark Knight DVD" means -- Does it mean that it's no longer offered, does it mean that it's offered but not advertised, does it mean something else. Dunno, but I'm going to cancel my pre-order just in case.

Not sure if it is supposed to go here, but Today I got a pizza at Papa John's and there was a $3.00 off coupon for the dark knight on DVD on the box. I am sure if you walk in they will give you the coupon also. and another note even though the coupon says DVD, you should still be able to use it on blu ray on a clerk who doesn't care.

sorry no scans.

[quote name='dchrisd']Anybody know what's going on with the Circuit City limited edition? --The website used to show the Alternate "Why So Serious" cover and now it shows the regular "Motorcycle" cover.[/quote]

Could the batpod cover be the slipcover over a "why so serious" version of the actual case itself?

Hmmm will probally get the 2 dis set at Target and pick up a Joker figure at Best Buy if you have to buy the figures.

That Joker mask isnt work $10+

[quote name='dg7md']Could the batpod cover be the slipcover over a "why so serious" version of the actual case itself?[/QUOTE]
That is correct.

bread's done
Back