The definitive sony card rewards thread - a good start to a free game or controller

This is confusing, how do you redeem points for cashback? Do you have to purchase a sony product and fill out that form and request it?

OK, I read the OP & the most recent posts, but I have not read every post in this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed already.

I've got my rewards account setup & have points in it (around 1500 right now). I went to the Sony Style link to register stuff & I had to setup another account. I've registered 2 things so far, and received confirmation emails. In each email is a link to the rewards site saying I can either login or create a new account to get 500 pts for each item. I click the link, but I don't have any more points. What am I missing here? Is it slow to update, or is there something I have to do to tie the 2 accounts together?

[quote name='n64ra']what is the difference between the sony card and the playstation card?[/QUOTE]

Just the look of the actual card. They have the same rewards.

[quote name='argyle']OK, I read the OP & the most recent posts, but I have not read every post in this thread so forgive me if this has been discussed already.

I've got my rewards account setup & have points in it (around 1500 right now). I went to the Sony Style link to register stuff & I had to setup another account. I've registered 2 things so far, and received confirmation emails. In each email is a link to the rewards site saying I can either login or create a new account to get 500 pts for each item. I click the link, but I don't have any more points. What am I missing here? Is it slow to update, or is there something I have to do to tie the 2 accounts together?[/QUOTE]

There is a way to do this. Basically; do not use the email they send you confirming your registration. This doesn't work. Instead; when registering a product, look for a link on the page following the page where you actually registered your product. There will be a link that allows you to add the points to your sony rewards. I actually had the same problem. If you've already registered your products you actually own. Just enter 5 more random products. No serial number required. I hope this helps.

[quote name='redline']Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't even realize they had PSN cards available. Just ordered 3 of them.[/QUOTE]
Damn, was hoping I could order the PSN cards partially with points without getting one of the Sony credit cards (I don't need another card), but it won't let me.

Wish their fulfillment department was as fast.

Redeemed points for a DualShock 3 back on October 2nd.
Still waiting for a shipment confirmation.

If I had actually used cash, I would have canceled the order days ago.

Amazon could have had it on my doorstep in 2 days for 20 "bucks" less...

[quote name='jchasse']Wish their fulfillment department was as fast.

Amazon could have had it on my doorstep in 2 days for 20 "bucks" less...[/QUOTE]

... maybe they're backordered or something ... i tried to order two with only points and they still haven't shipped ... back on SEPTEMBER 20!!!

(on Blu-Ray orders, they're much faster! I ordered Dark Crystal and Labyrinth on 9/30 and received them on 10/7... one week.)

- Garrett

edit . to add comment on Blu-Ray orders.

Time to get excited boys since they recently added the Jeopardy Premiere Club. Looks like you can earn 25 points per day by answering this one question. :hot: That means at least 45 pts can be earned per day (SPT, WOF, and Jeopardy) which makes acquiring PSN $10 cards all the easier. :D

[quote name='slowdive21']BTW you guys have me to thank for getting the bonus puzzle. I had to register...I couldn't let sunshine suffer anymore.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for helping out. :applause: Hehe, I've been a year-long lurker.

Go Sunshine and Martall!

Hmm... I'm considering getting one of these, but I kind of want to cancel the Capital One Visa that I have right now first, since I don't like to use it.

Anyway, when I went into the page for the Playstation card the rebate thing for the PS3 said it was only $50 and not $100, did they change it recently? I already have a PS3 so it's not a big deal, but I do need another Blu Ray player and I'd rather get another PS3 to cover that than buy a standalone.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Hmm... I'm considering getting one of these, but I kind of want to cancel the Capital One Visa that I have right now first, since I don't like to use it.

Anyway, when I went into the page for the Playstation card the rebate thing for the PS3 said it was only $50 and not $100, did they change it recently? I already have a PS3 so it's not a big deal, but I do need another Blu Ray player and I'd rather get another PS3 to cover that than buy a standalone.[/QUOTE]

don't cancel your other card, it erases any kind of good credit you might have had with it, could drop your credit score. as long as there's no fee just keep it open and chop the card.

the sony offer changes all the time, and sometimes there are multiple offers. look around here and slickdeals, or give it a couple weeks and you can prob find a $100 again.

Yeah there's no annual fee, I thought it was bad for your credit to just have it sitting there unused.

Thanks for the advice though, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for a better offer.

Does anyone know if all PS3 games and blu-ray movies are considered Sony products? Or just those published/produced by Sony? I am wondering if I can get bonus points from buying PS3 games and blu-ray movies.
Thanks.

All PS3 games are considered sony products. In regards to blu-rays, it would only be Sony pictures' movies. PS3 games are sony products because they work with the SONY PS3

[quote name='jchasse']Wish their fulfillment department was as fast.

Amazon could have had it on my doorstep in 2 days for 20 "bucks" less...[/QUOTE]

next time buy from amazon and submit the mail-in points redemption form. Pay actual market prices but still use your reward points. :bouncy:

Got LBP and a DS3, worked like a charm.

With the inclusion of Jeopardy, one should be able to accumulate a $10 PSN Card (1000 pts) every month w/o the need to actually use the cc. Here's the math (I've been playing it for 1.5 yrs now):

45 pts per day (SPT, WoF, Jeopardy) x 5 days in a week x 4 weeks (at least) = 900 pts
20 pts for polls (at least 2 appear per month) + 40 pts for WoF Flashback (at least 1 appears per week) + 25 pts for monthly wishlist update = 85

Total: at least 985 pts per month if played daily

[quote name='darken']All PS3 games are considered sony products. In regards to blu-rays, it would only be Sony pictures' movies. PS3 games are sony products because they work with the SONY PS3[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your reply. :)

[quote name='jh6269']All PS3 games are redeemable for bonus points? Where did you see that?
I was unaware of this...[/QUOTE]

Yes, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3 games are all 3X items and can be redeemed for points.

I was one of the contributors to the original thread before "rush" copied the info and made the new thread, so I tell you from experience.

Now I have a question:

Has anyone been able to answer the 5,000 point Jeopardy Question? It is called "SONY card bonus play".

It says I have been selected and that I have already played, but I have only answered the 25 pts questions.

(I am a SONY cardholder).

[quote name='slowdive21']Now I have a question:

Has anyone been able to answer the 5,000 point Jeopardy Question? It is called "SONY card bonus play".

It says I have been selected and that I have already played, but I have only answered the 25 pts questions.

(I am a SONY cardholder).[/QUOTE]

it's all explained in painful detail if you just click on "learn" and "rules". I'll assume you won't find it tho so here...

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/jeopardy/tournament_rules/

[quote name='jallen']it's all explained in painful detail if you just click on "learn" and "rules". I'll assume you won't find it tho so here...

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/jeopardy/tournament_rules/[/QUOTE]

It already says I am selected for the 5,000 points thing, but either the link is not active yet, or my account is messed up. I looks like it starts 10/24 from the official rules, but why would it show me as being selected already?

[quote name='slowdive21']It already says I am selected for the 5,000 points thing, but either the link is not active yet, or my account is messed up. I looks like it starts 10/24 from the official rules, but why would it show me as being selected already?[/QUOTE]

EVERYBODY'S page says they've been selected dude, it's just a place holder. We'll all figure out how it works on 10/24. It's only 1, yes ONE person per week chosen at random that has a chance of winning 5000 points if they get a question correct. You probably have a better chance of winning the daily drawing.

How long does this place usually take to ship? I just ordered a PS3 Slim from them for $150 from some points i had left over on my sony card.

Want 200 pts by answering some Jeopardy questions? Answers and Jeopardy Quiz link below. Hopefully, this happens every week. Thanks mwestep for bringing it up. :applause:

Originally Posted by spoiledbrt
Here are the answers. Sorry if there are any typos...

Start answering from first row first column, first row second column and so on

1 What are ruth and esther
2) what is doctor faustus
3) what is brandy
4) who is steve martin
5) who is denis richards
6) Who is Van Gogh
7) What is Berlin
8) Who is Neil Patrick Harris
9) What is Cummerbund
10) WHo is Nicolas sarkozy
11) Who is Michael Phelps
12) What is Razor
13) Who is Richard M. Nixon
14) What is Tatooine
15) what is formerly

Last question, may be a bonus question? What is hippopotamus

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/jeopardy/game/weekly/

[quote name='dav_surf']That section is the Insider section, so I think that you do need a Sony or Playstation card.[/QUOTE]

so... what's the deal with he insider special on the Jeopardy download E-coupon... 10,000 points... so 100 bucks... crazy

Good thread. Already have 3025 points and I started just half an hour ago. Lets try to keep this alive so us CAGers can get some free stuff. :D

thanks evergoo! points are racking up fast. if this is every week now, we're looking at close to 2000 points a month for everything haha

did anyone else with the CC get an email about the fraud alerts text messaging thing? You get an extra 500 points if you sign up, customer service said they should show up by end of the month if they haven't already.

[quote name='jallen']thanks evergoo! points are racking up fast. if this is every week now, we're looking at close to 2000 points a month for everything haha

did anyone else with the CC get an email about the fraud alerts text messaging thing? You get an extra 500 points if you sign up, customer service said they should show up by end of the month if they haven't already.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for that over a month ago. Still waiting for points to show up.

edit: I shot an e-mail to their customer service. Even if they tell me the same, sometimes they give out bonus points for your trouble.

I signed up for the text messaging thing too, a couple of weeks ago. Still no points, didn't even get a confirmation text (which I believe I was supposed to get- did any of you get the text confirming you signed up?)

[quote name='CENNY']I signed up for the text messaging thing too, a couple of weeks ago. Still no points, didn't even get a confirmation text (which I believe I was supposed to get- did any of you get the text confirming you signed up?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, got mine on 9/16.

BTW, with this weekly jeopardy thing, up goo's total by 800 points per month. I'm almost at 19k right now, and this is going to rocket me along to getting my ps3 slim finally.

All I have to say is: Best. Rewards Credit Card. Ever.

I don't even buy anything on this card besides PSN Cards and I get free money. I think I've racked over $200 in rewards over the past 1.5 years and this is my tertiary card. Please spread the love and tell your family, friends, and CAGs about this hidden gem. I don't think I would have spotted this 200 pt weekly quiz if it weren't for mwestep, a CAG buddy I recently hooked into getting this card.

Per Month: 985 + 800 = 1785 pts (guaranteed if played daily)
Per Year: 1785 x 12 = 21,420 pts ($214.20!!!)

Ok, looks like Sony is giving out points like candy. :lol:

Want 250 points? Be the first of 4000 to take the Blu-ray Club: Member Survey. Check your e-mail for the subject: Blu-ray Club: Member Survey - Earn 250 points for your opinion. Cheers!

P.S. I'm going for my THIRD $10 PSN Voucher this month. Insane! :hot:

bread's done
Back