The DemOTT Mang, OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got offered tickets for Blizzcon. Do I want to go despite never playing any games Blizzard's made besides Lost Vikings?

Of course I do, just to make fun of cosplayers.

Sure thing, Rocko. I heard those things are absolutely worthless and can't be resold for anything at all anyways.

[quote name='Rocko']Temp, I'm hopping on CoD for a bit before I head out.[/QUOTE]

I probably won't be able to get on until a little later tonight. I'll catch you then.

:lol:

xboxsneakers580.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLE-JUNKIE-Custom-Nike-Xbox-Alpha-Dunks-Sneakers_W0QQitemZ270384353547QQcmdZ

Angels & Demons was a terrible movie. Plot holes all over the place. So basically
this scientist priest discovers a God particle. He talks to the Pope about it. One of the priests in the Vatican freaks out. Assassinates the Pope, who was his father. Steals antimatter from the Large Hadron Collider. Threatens to blow up the Vatican with the antimatter. Kidnaps the four Cardinals in line to be the next Pope. Kills them in outlandish ways and dumps their bodies at locations that pretty much only makes sense to Robert Langdon. Just as the antimatter is about to explode he takes it in a helicopter. Saves the city and everybody thinks he's a hero. Blames it all on the illuminati. All in an attempt to be the next Pope.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']Sure thing, Rocko. I heard those things are absolutely worthless and can't be resold for anything at all anyways.[/QUOTE]
Aw, c'mon, I live in Florida. There's no way I could ever get there. Help me out! :]

I think I might have a card or two from last year somewhere. I know I've got Blizzard "QQ n00b" tissues from last year's convention in a box in my closet if you want those.

It's true - Blizzard does have a mountain of cash to print ridiculous promo items. They've also got a thirty foot tall Orc outside of their building that looks hilarious next to the other buildings in the office park.

Possibly, but I'm pretty sure they're going to say "it'll be out when it's done". Doesn't mean I won't pummel some QA guys for fun though.

[quote name='munch']I still have to grade 60 exams . . . by Tuesday at 6AM . . . and I haven't started yet.[/QUOTE]
Everyone gets an F.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did you fix your Xbox, munch?[/QUOTE]

sort of

[quote name='tiredfornow']that e74 fix finally worked or he bought a new one. :p[/QUOTE]

Here's what happened: I kind of don't think I can afford another xbox right now, so I gave mine another try this morning. After taking off the heatsink I noticed that there wasn't much paste in the middle. I put some more on there, let it fry, then cut it on. It booted up.

Now, I just tested it on Live. The graphics looked all wonky with some things but not on others. For instance, in NXE that avatars looked all weird, but the games you guys were playing looked fine. I could hit the xbox button and it would show up like nothing was wrong. I could play arcade games and they looked great.

I tried to play a game of NCAA 09, and while it started off ok it went to shit real fast: all pixelated and gross. I then put on another arcade game and it looked fine.

I'm letting it cool off now to see if it needed another session of reaheating and sealing. I feel like I'm going to get e74 again when I boot up.

[quote name='munch']sort of

Here's what happened: I kind of don't think I can afford another xbox right now, so I gave mine another try this morning. After taking off the heatsink I noticed that there wasn't much paste in the middle. I put some more on there, let it fry, then cut it on. It booted up.

Now, I just tested it on Live. The graphics looked all wonky with some things but not on others. For instance, in NXE that avatars looked all weird, but the games you guys were playing looked fine. I could hit the xbox button and it would show up like nothing was wrong. I could play arcade games and they looked great.

I tried to play a game of NCAA 09, and while it started off ok it went to shit real fast: all pixelated and gross. I then put on another arcade game and it looked fine.

I'm letting it cool off now to see if it needed another session of reaheating and sealing. I feel like I'm going to get e74 again when I boot up.[/QUOTE]

yep, e74 :cry:

I forgot to mention that I'm on GwabIt, munchpie.

I'm at work now... but I imagine that it'd be done within the hour, or some jive.

So you guys really hated Sacred?

It's not bad so far. Reminds me of a WoW without real people running around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacred 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played.
[quote name='Mojimbo']You guys share an account? :shock:[/QUOTE]
Yup. Three months now.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just watched the Hells Kitchen finale ...

I don't understand how Paula lost. She seemed way more competent. And did anyone else notice Ramsay cop a feel on her? He rubbed his hands on her tits. :lol:
[/QUOTE]
No way, shitty restaurant name aside, Danny should have won. I'm glad he did.

The O.J. Simpson case is likely the greatest shame of our justice system.

[quote name='Moxio']Stop being a cheap bastard and just get AstraWeb for $11 a month, Brak. :cool:[/QUOTE]
That's what we're sharing*, dummy.

*For Linux purposes.

*just got done trimming nose hairs with boss' scissors*

Yeah... So, anyways...

Has anyone seen Bob Dylan on his current tour or recently? I want to see him before he d!es, but I don't want to be in a crowd full of Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp fans. *shudders*

I think I'll take my chances and wait for a tour without that bullshit.

[quote name='dcfox']Angels & Demons was a terrible movie. Plot holes all over the place. So basically
this scientist priest discovers a God particle. He talks to the Pope about it. One of the priests in the Vatican freaks out. Assassinates the Pope, who was his father. Steals antimatter from the Large Hadron Collider. Threatens to blow up the Vatican with the antimatter. Kidnaps the four Cardinals in line to be the next Pope. Kills them in outlandish ways and dumps their bodies at locations that pretty much only makes sense to Robert Langdon. Just as the antimatter is about to explode he takes it in a helicopter. Saves the city and everybody thinks he's a hero. Blames it all on the illuminati. All in an attempt to be the next Pope.
[/QUOTE]

That's sorta like the book. The book was fine for what it was, a predecessor to The Da Vinci Code and an introduction to Langdon. Tom Hanks as Langdon is a terrible miscasting though. And the preview I saw of a scene from the movie was terrible. :\

[quote name='munch']yep, e74 :cry:[/QUOTE]

sounds like your mobo torqued too much or something. and it can't hold the new seal. how is your system oriented?

Whoa. I never noticed the OTT title.

Is Demo Mang really pushing 40?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']sounds like your mobo torqued too much or something. and it can't hold the new seal. how is your system oriented?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what that means, but it's laying horizontal. I think that's the problem. I've noticed that it gets weird after the hard drive as been attached, which would create pressure on one end. The thing is: I don't know how to fix that. I'm just SOL with this thing. I might still tinker with it, but I've got to get a new box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back