The DS is incompatible with gameboy color games, correct?

GBC are playable on the SP and GBA, not the original GB... in color, anyway. Maybe in B&W. Dunno about Micro.

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']the homebrew community has gb/gbc support now but its in beta beta beta mode :p[/quote]
hehe

[quote name='sixersballernum3']GBC are playable on the SP and GBA, not the original GB... in color, anyway. Maybe in B&W. Dunno about Micro.[/quote]
alright, thanks

i was thinking about maybe getting a gameboy pocket (which is black&white IIRC), but if some GBC games are incompatible with it, i was thinking of getting a micro sometime down the line

[quote name='briandadude']Only GBA games will work on the Micro.[/quote]
EDIT: damn..GBC or GBA it is then....

What I'd like to see is a solution to play GB, SGB, and GBC cartridges on the DS. A slot-2 solution that, perhaps, would be designed to fit such cartridges underneath the DS, instead of sticking out from it.

Only thing is, I think I remember reading something about GB-type carts and GBA carts operating at different voltages, and that the DS doesn't provide the GB-type cart voltage in slot-2. So, don't know how probable that idea would be.

[quote name='Warg']
Only thing is, I think I remember reading something about GB-type carts and GBA carts operating at different voltages, and that the DS doesn't provide the GB-type cart voltage in slot-2. So, don't know how probable that idea would be.[/quote]

Thats what I remember reading as well. Support for dual voltages would add to the bulk of the DS, and compromise battery life.

[quote name='briandadude']Only GBA games will work on the Micro.[/quote]

Serious?!
Glad I read this...
Since, I was planning to get a micro to play past GB/GBC games...
Looks like I may need to find a working SP...hmm.

I think they recently reduced the price of used SP's at EB/GS. Every store I go to has at least 10-12 of them under the counter. You should be able to look thru/test them all and pick the best one, with the fewest dead pixels and all that.

bread's done
Back