The E3 2010 OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo just stopped me from selling my Wii. Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, and Epic Mickey are all must-haves. The 3DS also looks really fantastic. Nintendo will be getting a lot of my money.

screw move. i don't find it that interesting with what they presented.
kinect had the fitness and music games to peek my interest, even if no price was announced.

That Kinect Adventure game seemed pretty cool...couldn't help but realize that they missed an opportunity with them not making it a full "Wipeout" game. (The ABC Show, not the PS game)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No games require two moves.[/QUOTE]
A lot of the cool/advanced demonstrations looked liked they made use of two Moves.

Frankly, I like a lot of aspects of the Move a lot more than Kinect, but the Move has a too complicated/expensive setup to play it. Even if you already have a camera or can find one cheap, you still have to buy at least one controller and attachment, which is $80 for just one player. It's nice that normal DS3 games will be adaptable for the Move, but unless Sony comes out with a must own reason to have/use it, it will be nothing more than an expensive, niche accessory.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Being able to use two moves =/= requiring two moves.[/QUOTE]

How are you going to use the bow and arrow without two moves?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How are you going to use the bow and arrow without two moves?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you'll have to play with much less accuracy, which sorta defeats the advantage of the Move over the Wiimote.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How are you going to use the bow and arrow without two moves?[/QUOTE]
You use just one. Not saying it's the best thing ever, but if you're getting the Move, you'll get at least a second set to play with a friend for MP games. Then you'd have two moves for any games that offer the extra control options.

I doubt I'll get either around launch since there aren't any killer apps yet, unless they announce a bunch of interesting XBLA or PSN games that will be based around them for cheap options. There are enough good games coming this fall that I don't need either move or kinect.

[quote name='manthing']Especially excited to see how he'll say Sorny taking away the 'free' content once you stop subscribing is a good thing.

:roll:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. I thought he mentioned that Qore was good through the life of your subscription, but if they take away the games and content you get, then it's a complete waste of money.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You use just one. Not saying it's the best thing ever, but if you're getting the Move, you'll get at least a second set to play with a friend for MP games. Then you'd have two moves for any games that offer the extra control options.
[/QUOTE]
But why would you want what basically amounts to a WiiHD? Sony would have been better off with $40/$20 pricing rather than $50/$30.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']But why would you want what basically amounts to a WiiHD? Sony would have been better off with $40/$20 pricing rather than $50/$30.[/QUOTE]
Much more interested in that than what has been shown of Kinect. Agreed on pricing, but I guess they based it on the way Nintendo prices the Wii Remote ($40 Remote, $20 Nunchuck, $20 M+) that is the default with the black Wii.

[quote name='Wolve11']hey Casey, when is your next day off? :D[/QUOTE]

I have no clue. I am hoping to be working a lot more now that I have had some days off here lately. I want to make as much money this summer as I can.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']When the fuck is Nintendo just going to integrate the motion plus circuitry into all Wiimotes[/QUOTE]
When people stop handing them over money for useless shit.

See: Never.

$50 (Or $100 w/ camera) for a Wii contoller on the PS3? No thanks!

This E3 is terribad. I'm beginning to embrace my backlog.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I have no clue. I am hoping to be working a lot more now that I have had some days off here lately. I want to make as much money this summer as I can.[/QUOTE]

I have exactly one month before I leave again......I must post a video of you on Youtube for other people to enjoy before I go.

Will the PS3 Eyetoy work with move? Or is that a new camera?

Eyetoy confirmed...I can finally use it for something other than that card game.

[quote name='Wolve11']Are we watching the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Probably. I'd rather they were sprites.

[quote name='Number83']
This E3 is terribad. I'm beginning to embrace my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Though I am interested in the 3DS.

[quote name='manthing']Probably. I'd rather they were sprites.

Yep.

Though I am interested in the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

1up had a video of it, and even thought it was a few seconds of footage, it actually did look 3D. I too am interested.

[quote name='Number83']Will the PS3 Eyetoy work with move? Or is that a new camera?[/QUOTE]
Same camera.

Frisky, or anyone else who can answer, did Sony mention being able to use a DS3 in place of the subcontroller? Seems like there would be no reason for it not to work.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Seems like there would be no reason for it not to work.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, you'd be depriving Sorny of $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back