The EBgames.com USED Collector's Edition Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Wow, $45 for a used Zelda Collector's Edition. Given that you could get it for free by registering games online (or at most $20 by subscribing to Nintendo Power), I'd be shocked if many people are actually paying this kind of money for a used copy.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Wow, $45 for a used Zelda Collector's Edition. Given that you could get it for free by registering games online (or at most $20 by subscribing to Nintendo Power), I'd be shocked if many people are actually paying this kind of money for a used copy.[/QUOTE]

I think people are buying them since you can't get it those ways anymore. If you check on the top sellers for the Gamecube, I think the Collector's disc is $5. Also, I think on ebay some sealed ones are going for around $60-$70.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Am I missing something or is a new product showing up on that page? I thought this thread was for USED games?[/QUOTE]
Oh snap, forgot about that. #-o Didn't get much sleep. o_O

At least, chances are they'll get some used copies eventually, and they'll be listed on that page. So, it's a preemptive listing. :mrgreen:

now this is what annoys me.. the LOZ Collectors edition disc that came with the GC box back during the late 2003 season, I have seen it go for 70 bucks at eb and that 45 dollars used. thats a big ripp off. Funny thing is that I managed to get a hold of 2 copies of it from Target on clearance for 1 penny and sold it to eb for 20 bucks cash, yet the bastards turned it aroud and sold it used for 45. No one is dumb enough to buy it period so it sits there for months.

oh well

[quote name='CheapyD']This should be interesting...

Use codes CAG15, SAVER, and your Edge card to get 25% off and free shipping
All prices listed are BEFORE DISCOUNT

All Collector's or Limited Editions
List in progress...
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox) $50
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2) $27
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (GC) $40

Madden 2005 (PS2) $20

Doom 3 (Xbox) $50
Halo 2 (Xbox) $40
Jade Empire (Xbox) $45

Zelda Collector's Edition (GC) $45[/QUOTE]

Even though I haven't bought Madden in years, I am a little tempted to pick up the collector's version of Madden 05. ~$15 for the "new" Madden + classic 16 bit Maddens + EA doesn't see a penny from the sale. I'm not seeing any downside :twisted:

[quote name='ITDEFX']now this is what annoys me.. the LOZ Collectors edition disc that came with the GC box back during the late 2003 season, I have seen it go for 70 bucks at eb and that 45 dollars used. thats a big ripp off. Funny thing is that I managed to get a hold of 2 copies of it from Target on clearance for 1 penny and sold it to eb for 20 bucks cash, yet the bastards turned it aroud and sold it used for 45. No one is dumb enough to buy it period so it sits there for months.

oh well[/QUOTE]

It sells great at my store. I can't keep it in stock. I'd say it's the most requested game on a consistant basis. It's a hard to get disk now. Don't complain what EB is selling it for. You only got $20 for yours. You should have sold it elsewhere if you wanted more.

[quote name='Ziv']It sells great at my store. I can't keep it in stock. I'd say it's the most requested game on a consistant basis. It's a hard to get disk now. Don't complain what EB is selling it for. You only got $20 for yours. You should have sold it elsewhere if you wanted more.[/QUOTE]

There's 30 at the store here. Can't give it away.

[quote name='CheapyD']I take it back...it wasn't that insteresting.[/QUOTE]

I think it is interesting. I didn't kow EB had the Madden Collectors Edition used. I think I'll get it.

My EB has one copy of it that has been sitting there for a while for $45, but my friend that works there said that they have sold off quite a few copies of it at that price. I am just happy I got my copy for "free" (after registering games that I had purchased). I also still have a sealed copy sitting around that I got for getting a subscription to NP (Nintendo ended up sending me two of them).

might as well jump in. "bring on the hate mail"

i had 6 brand new factory sealed copies of LOZ:CE. Only had to pay for one by signing up for NP. 5 got traded-in to EB for about $80 in store credit; one i kept. one of nintendo's best promos ever!

[quote name='Graystone']I heard the Splinter Cell: CT CE for Xbox is actually somewhat rare one any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

I had to go the eBay route to get mine ($55, $5 ship) and haven't seen one retail since.

Also to note,

I picked up Doom 3 LE and it was missing the plastic sleeve cover thing. Hardly a deal breaker but for nit pickers, it might be.

i picked up the jade empire LE for $5 at gamerush.

for the doom 3/chaos theory/halo 2 CE fans of the metal tin: you can buy the metal tins(no game) for $2 + shipping on ebay(at least that is the case with halo 2, i dunno about the rest).

really those "limited editions" for the xbox games are not worth it. i liked the bonus content for jade empire(extra weapon, bonus playable character) but when all they usually have are some promos that is just about worthless imo.

[quote name='dracula']i picked up the jade empire LE for $5 at gamerush.

for the doom 3/chaos theory/halo 2 CE fans of the metal tin: you can buy the metal tins(no game) for $2 + shipping on ebay(at least that is the case with halo 2, i dunno about the rest).

really those "limited editions" for the xbox games are not worth it. i liked the bonus content for jade empire(extra weapon, bonus playable character) but when all they usually have are some promos that is just about worthless imo.[/QUOTE]

When you are only paying $5 more at launch, then it really is worth it.

CocheseUGA - AMEN.

I'm sick of hearing people bitch that for $5 more they ONLY got an exclusive character or they ONLY got the complete PC DOOM for xbox.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']CocheseUGA - AMEN.

I'm sick of hearing people bitch that for $5 more they ONLY got an exclusive character or they ONLY got the complete PC DOOM for xbox.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Even with the Halo 2 CE, I picked up a free case, coverart and manual for Halo 2 regular and it now holds my bonus disc.

I'm all about special editions. The case is worth it alone.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Indeed. Even with the Halo 2 CE, I picked up a free case, coverart and manual for Halo 2 regular and it now holds my bonus disc.

I'm all about special editions. The case is worth it alone.[/QUOTE] Definitely. I'm actually glad I bought the Resident Evil 4 Collector's Tin. I never see them used anywhere, so I'm thinking they might be somewhat rare. $10 seems a lot to pay, but I had a lot of extra money at the time and there wasn't much else I wanted, so I decided "what the heck" and got the tin. I didn't get the Halo 2 CE mainly because I didn't like the idea of having it in my collection of green cases, it would just stick out. I want to buy the tin seperate now, however, if I can find it.

bread's done
Back