The eShop international webshops thread

I saw in the main eShop thread that Clubhouse Games is ~$30 USD in Brazil. I'm having trouble making the purchase without a CPF though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm having issues with making brazil eshop prchases. what address and information are people using to create their billing?

Ok, let me see if I can help some people out here.. Brazil was the one I had a little trouble with myself.

First I'm using an Amazon Rewards Visa card from Chase bank, there are no foreign transaction fees so it was my first choice for payment.

Lets assume you have the same card:

Your billing address for the card looks like this.

First Last
1234 1st Ave
City, State 00001-1234

When you check out on the Brazil eShop, this is how mine works. I decided I'd be visiting Rio, the BLUE text is my actual billing address. the YELLOW is what I added/changed. (Just logged into the BR eShop and copied this from my last receipt)

First Last
1234 1st Ave
City, Rio de Janeiro, 28636-999
Brasil

The only other thing you will need is the CPF number.
All I did was search for a "Brazil CPF generator", there are a ton of them out there.. I can't remember the site I used but it just make sure it's not a random number you type in.. it does follow a pattern. 
I'm assuming that at some point the number will cease to work and I'll have to find another one.
I'm really not worried about AR or BR coming after me in the States.. 
Now you *can* get an official one from Brazil for traveling. (I guess when you actually travel there you do need an official one so they can tax you later.. from what I saw on a travel site. Truth? I really don't know..)

I've only made a few purchases in my quick trips.. but I get the code in the email about 2-3 minutes later and it redeems just fine on my NA account. I keep a 2nd account that I just change between AR and BR when needed. Only change my main account when I visit places like Mexico where Its a direct purchase on the eShop.

So far my Amazon rewards card has purchased in Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina with no fees and no problems. Haven't tried Japan or UK yet, but I assume it would work..

***EDIT: Since I just switched to Argentina to buy Minecraft Dungeons... I guess I should update this post for AR info.

Argentina:

Their eShop is a lot simpler to use.
Again, the BLUE is my actual address information, and the YELLOW is what you need to change to work.

First Last
1234 1st Ave
City, Buenos Aires, B1631IUD
Argentina
T: My Phone
DNI: 12345678

(Yes 12345678 works for the AR store. I found that number a long time ago and it still works)

**Side note 1
Install Google Translate on your cell phone and use the Camera to help translate the page. I haven't used any auto-translate in a browser myself but some have used that as an option.

**Side note 2
use https://eshop-prices.com to check prices, you can click the cog in the bottom right to deselect regions from the large list.. helps a lot. and then select the currency at the top of the page to US dollar and everything will convert. 

**Side note 2.5  :lol:
Before I do the final purchase... I do a quick currency exchange check just in case. Doesn't hurt to check one last time..

Hope this helps others "travel" successfully  :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in grabbing Xenoblade 1 DE

It's 53.36 in the AR store. Is it cheaper anywhere else? Also, confirmed it doesn't give coins?

Im trying to make a payment in the Nintendo brasil account eshop. Does anyone know the number for Individual Taxpayer Registration CPF? Its a 11 digit number. Also i need a valid Brazilian address too. Any help will be appreciated.

Im trying to make a payment in the Nintendo brasil account eshop. Does anyone know the number for Individual Taxpayer Registration CPF? Its a 11 digit number. Also i need a valid Brazilian address too. Any help will be appreciated.
Check out thebacklash's post up above. I was able to check out using his notes.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

A few posts up Thebacklash (Sam Fisher) has instructions.

Personally, I used a generator online for the tax number and made up some info for the missing address parts.

Today’s new 2K collections are now available for purchase. Best price as far as I’ve checked is Argentina, where each collection is ~$44.

Select standalone titles are also available.

Put together a price comparison doc for the known webshops.

Best prices highlighted in green, worst in red. Not factoring in US prices yet, keep that in mind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12joYoOPBiwCio5jeIqOLrgwhj968G2iM9REhuomqZd0/edit?usp=sharing

I'll add DLC later.

Some trends: 

Brazil and Argentina are your go-to places unless there's price errors elsewhere.

Ni no Kuni is only not available in Brazil.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is not available despite being a Nintendo game.

Nintendo is really screwing over the Colombians.

CD Projekt Red is really fucking over everyone.

Whoops, I waited too long and the Brazilian Real went up quite a bit.
PSA: Nintendo fixed their Minecraft Dungeons prices. It was fun while it lasted
Updated the doc to reflect it. Sales at the old price must have picked up considerably in the last few days, because they left that pricing up for a long while.

(in comparison, Return of the Obra Dinn was repriced within days after launching with one too few zeroes)

Just stumbled into this topic. Helvetica; nice work on the doc!

One tip for the people checking these stores; take into account that redeeming these codes in the US account will give you full price gold coins. So, for example:

Wargroove:

US full price USD 19.99

AR price USD 3.25

Redeeming this AR code in the US account will make the game cost USD 2.25 overall, as you will get one dollar transformed into 100 gold coins.

* Now is currently showing up to 50 gold coins in the US shop because the game is having a 50% off, but this amount does not apply when redeeming codes. 

Yeah you always get full gold coin amount when redeeming a code, but.. some of the codes we buy from AR/BR don’t give coins at all when redeemed.
I bought Minecraft dungeons when it was $6 for everything, I got the coins for the dlc only which was odd.. other people said the opposite, coins for the game and not the dlc.

I just see the coins as a bonus from those codes but I don’t count on them.

Strange. Never bought from BR, but from all my purchases in AR, I always got coins, so I don't know what they take into account when providing them.

Remember how I said that I always double check the conversion before I buy?
Here’s an example why.... eshop-prices did not convert the currency correctly, and if you knee-jerk bought Diablo 3 you would have paid a lot more than you thought.. (a little difference between 1.99 and 199.00 brazillian real)

[attachment=34154:785D2BF6-4E8E-440A-92AC-EF5516459931.jpeg]

Just got SkyRacket earlier today for about $2.33 on the Argentina eshop.  Got 50 gold coins when redeeming it to my account.

Bless you/curse you helveticastandard!  :)

Guys, how do I go about visiting the MX store? Until now I only used the latin stores to get codes over emails, but I am not able to find a website for Mexico. Is it only by creating/switching to an MX account?

Guys, how do I go about visiting the MX store? Until now I only used the latin stores to get codes over emails, but I am not able to find a website for Mexico. Is it only by creating/switching to an MX account?
I switched to MX today and spent about $50 paypal. Just change the settings on your nintendo.com account. Was simple and easy. Games for which I already had dlc and save data are fully compatible. Other than maybe using some eshop cards I have in the future, I don't really see a reason for me to switch back.

I switched to MX today and spent about $50 paypal. Just change the settings on your nintendo.com account. Was simple and easy. Games for which I already had dlc and save data are fully compatible. Other than maybe using some eshop cards I have in the future, I don't really see a reason for me to switch back.
But does the MX store sends you a code? Because I have money in my US account and will not be able to switch regions. I have a second account that I use for the latin stores that send codes via email and then I redeem them in my main one.

Mexico has a normal eshop.

*only* the areas listed in the OP send codes. Everywhere else has an eshop on the switch and will place any purchases directly onto that account.

Mexico has a normal eshop.

*only* the areas listed in the OP send codes. Everywhere else has an eshop on the switch and will place any purchases directly onto that account.
Thanks backlash. I did some tests before checking your message. No reason for me to check the MX store then.

minecraft no longer cheap in AR store, thank you all!
Not to say you’re wrong (you are definitely not), but that one in particular spread really far. Was seeing discussion on it in places that usually frown pretty hard on messing with regional pricing. I guess it’s that Minecraft appeal.

you can check prices in other countries easy with eshop-prices.com and the only places that get these kind of "correction" in prices are mainly south america.

for example: you can check arcade archives games (that get less discounts comparing to others) in the south africa eshop and never get "corrected" prices. some are 30 or 40% cheaper than in us.
some south american countries have even a tax for buying in other currencies sometimes extra 30% over the price in the listing. so that regional prices try to equal the adquisite power of the costumers in different countries.

Guys, noob question (and Im pretty sure I know the answer); is there a way to get a code from the MX store? Or get a game from that store but play it with the US account?

There is a game cheaper in the MX store, but I dont want to have another account loaded in my Switch.

Guys, noob question (and Im pretty sure I know the answer); is there a way to get a code from the MX store? Or get a game from that store but play it with the US account?

There is a game cheaper in the MX store, but I dont want to have another account loaded in my Switch.
What I did was spend all of my eshop balance on titles lowest in the US, then switch to MX. As far as I know there's no other way, and no way to get a code from the MX eshop.

What I did was spend all of my eshop balance on titles lowest in the US, then switch to MX. As far as I know there's no other way, and no way to get a code from the MX eshop.
I see, but now that you have an active MX account, are you able to play the games you purchased on the US eshop with that same profile?

I see, but now that you have an active MX account, are you able to play the games you purchased on the US eshop with that same profile?
Yes. It's the same region (NA). For me all existing saves and prior dlc owned are fully compatible.

Doesn't matter which region's store you bought the game from; as long as that game is available on US store, it will appear in the US store as if it was purchased from there. Nintendo may have their online gaming issues, but they did region free right.

After purchasing from MX shop, just go into your profile and swap back to US region. The only thing you lose out on buying from MX is you won't earn gold coins on US shop (they would apply to your MX shop). For region shops that send you codes rather than directly downloading the game to you, like Argentina, switching back to US shop before redeeming the code will earn you coins in your US account.

Once you've gone through the process once, you'll get a good handle on how it works.

Thanks guys, I did not know that. I have currency in my account so I cannot switch right now, but it is nice to know for the near future.

I have my regular US account, and a "World" one which is the one I use to swap and buy in the Latin countries and then redeem the code in my US one.

bread's done
Back