The "Explosive Diarrhea" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the freeloader for the GCN but I hear there's a Naruto series for the PS2 as well but it's different from the 'Cube version. My question is - which is better? I know that the 'Cube version is kinda like Power Stone in that the environments affect battle but I have no idea how the PS2 version is.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just lost interest. At least this time I managed to beat the game first. Usually that happens about an hour in. :lol:

I got a freeloader for Naruto, but I haven't picked up any other imports yet.[/QUOTE]

How about DreamMix TV: World Fighters?
There's a certain beauty to running over Solid Snake with Optimus Prime in Semi-mode.

My paypal account should get the withdrawal tomorrow so I can finally order Naruto 3 w/Freeloader and then I'll probably get it in July or so. :D :) :| :sad: :cry:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Well, I just got it a couple weeks ago. And considering my recent track record of not finishing games, I'm impressed with myself. I'd start playing it again, but I've still got God of War to play through, not to mention Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos, and a crapload of other games on my backlog.[/QUOTE]

I got twenty minutes into God of War and haven't touched it since. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']How about DreamMix TV: World Fighters?
There's a certain beauty to running over Solid Snake with Optimus Prime in Semi-mode.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty good ... what would you compare the gameplay style to?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My paypal account should get the withdrawal tomorrow so I can finally order Naruto 3 w/Freeloader and then I'll probably get it in July or so. :D :) :| :sad: :cry:[/QUOTE]

Like I said in the Naurto thread, it took me just under 3 weeks to get mine from lik-sang. Of course, you have a history with the USPS. :lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I have the freeloader for the GCN but I hear there's a Naruto series for the PS2 as well but it's different from the 'Cube version. My question is - which is better? I know that the 'Cube version is kinda like Power Stone in that the environments affect battle but I have no idea how the PS2 version is.[/QUOTE]
I think the general consensus is that the PS2 games are nowhere near as fun as the GC games. As for how they play, I have no idea. But I also think that there might be a chance the PS2 games might come out in the US once CN starts showing Naruto, atleast that was the rumor.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Like I said in the Naurto thread, it took my just under 3 weeks to get mine from lik-sang. Of course, you have a history with the USPS. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I know. I'll just be glad as long as the mailman doesn't just take the discs and break them in half. :sad:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I know. I'll just be glad as long as the mailman doesn't just take the discs and break them in half. :sad:[/QUOTE]
:lol: Was it slidecage that accused his mailman of running over his GBA game on purpose?

you may want to order from Play-asia instead of lik sang if shipping was that slow for sblymnlcrymnl. It may cost a few more dollars, but I have never had anything take longer than two weeks to get here (I would say 10 days is about how long the majority of my stuff has taken)

[quote name='dcfox']I think the general consensus is that the PS2 games are nowhere near as fun as the GC games. As for how they play, I have no idea. But I also think that there might be a chance the PS2 games might come out in the US once CN starts showing Naruto, atleast that was the rumor.[/QUOTE]
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/456/456730p1.html

Here's IGN take on the game.

[quote name='dcfox']:lol: Was it slidecage that accused his mailman of running over his GBA game on purpose?[/QUOTE]
I think so, but I figure the next step in their attacks is to brutally rape my next package.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think so, but I figure the next step in their attacks is to brutally rape my next package.[/QUOTE]

Better slidecage than you.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I see gamedude is back at it, making topics because it's Sunday and he's lonely, so sad.[/QUOTE]

Wait I thought it was Monday...........but it does seem like a sunday......

[quote name='crazytalkx']Wait I thought it was Monday...........but it does seem like a sunday......[/QUOTE]

Ah very true, typically he does it on Sunday perhaps the extended weekend bumped him back a day.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Ah very true, typically he does it on Sunday perhaps the extended weekend bumped him back a day.:D[/QUOTE]

An extra day's peace?

[quote name='Moxio']You guys think I should try and get a DS on Ebay or just dish out $150 at a store?[/QUOTE]
Depends on how much you plan on paying for it. If you could get it for about $100 I'd go for it.

[quote name='jaykrue']I checked out the videos but I still don't see a discernable difference between PS2 and GC. The only one I can make out is that the PS2 has a foreground/background.[/QUOTE]

That review is over a year and a half old ...

[quote name='Moxio']You guys think I should try and get a DS on Ebay or just dish out $150 at a store?[/QUOTE]

Someone said they got a new one for 112 shipped on eBay so you may want to check there

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']That review is over a year and a half old ...[/QUOTE]

Still doesn't help me by telling me what makes the GC version so much better than the PS2 :D. I just need to know if I'm getting the same game or not. If not, I'll probably end up getting naruto3 for GC and narumett hero 2 for PS2.

[quote name='jaykrue']Still doesn't help me by telling me what makes the GC version so much better than the PS2 :D. I just need to know if I'm getting the same game or not. If not, I'll probably end up getting naruto3 for GC and narumett hero 2 for PS2.[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with getting both? :lol:

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Conveniently enough, I was ten during that playoff run. :)[/QUOTE]

Quite convenient, I think that's a good age since you'll remember most of what you see. I started watching Basketball and Football, and of course wrestling, a bit earlier, but I was about 10 when I started watching Hockey. I remember the Rangers winning the Cup in 94... I believe it was 94, see again with the memory thing. Anyway, I very vividly recall Detroit getting beat in the first round of the playoffs against San Jose, when the Wings were the #1 seed :cry: , and then rebounding to make it to the cup finals in 95, only to be swept away by the Devils. Then Quebec moved to Colorado and started up one of the biggest hockey rivalries of all-time. I remember when Detroit lost and the "Broken Wings" headline on the paper the next morning. Very tragic, but then in 97 and 98 the Wings won the Cup and all was well again until this past season...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What's wrong with getting both? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as they're imports, I don't think there's a high demand on this particular site for the games since those who have'em aren't likely to give their copies up anytime soon. And seeing as I am a CAG, I don't want to pay full price for 2 games that are essentially the same (if they are) so I wanna know why one is better than the other so I can through Playasia my $$$.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Someone said they got a new one for 112 shipped on eBay so you may want to check there[/QUOTE]

Alright cool. What about Craigslist? Someone nearby says he will sell for $100 flat. Anyone have experience with these?

They're different styles all together. GNT is more SSBM. From what I've heard, Narutimate Hero is okay, but not great. Plus, they're planning on releasing NH 1 and 2 in a package here in the US sometime soon, where GNT has still not been announced. I'd go with importing GNT and waiting for NH to be released here.

[quote name='karsh']They're different styles all together. GNT is more SSBM. From what I've heard, Narutimate Hero is okay, but not great. Plus, they're planning on releasing NH 1 and 2 in a package here in the US sometime soon, where GNT has still not been announced. I'd go with importing GNT and waiting for NH to be released here.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, SSBM vs. Power Stone type play. I like both. Arrgh!:bomb: The dilemma continues!

Once again...NH is supposed to come out in the US in a package of 1 and 2. This was BEFORE the series got licensed. There has STILL not been any news of GNT coming out in the US. Import GNT and buy NH when it's released here.

[quote name='karsh']Once again...NH is supposed to come out in the US in a package of 1 and 2. This was BEFORE the series got licensed. There has STILL not been any news of GNT coming out in the US. Import GNT and buy NH when it's released here.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right. I have the freeloader and there's no real imports i want other than GNT so it would be a waste.

On the contrary, the ps2 version is more like ssbm (only 2 player though), the gamecube one is like an action packed 4 player wrestling game, only not as crappy as a wrestling game. They're both good, but if what karsh says is true, import the gamecube one and wait for the ps2 one to come out here...

It looks like I got shot in my pinky toe. I think I had a blister or something, that started building layers of dead tissue over itself, thn it decided to pop. Now the underside of my pinky toe is a ragged hole of bloody, sometimes black, dead tissue.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It looks like I got shot in my pinky toe. I think I had a blister or something, that started building layers of dead tissue over itself, thn it decided to pop. Now the underside of my pinky toe is a ragged hole of bloody, sometimes black, dead tissue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your pain.

After going through NCSX some other interesting games I'd consider importing are Giftpia and Nintendo Puzzle Collection.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your pain.[/QUOTE]

I wish. There's pretty much no pain, as it's all dead and decayey like.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']DAMN. The Cyberdemon is NUTS.[/QUOTE]

Once you get past the sheer size, its kinda pathetic. Run in circles, shoot demons with the BFG/Rockets -> Soul Cube charged -> Fire -> Repeat.

[quote name='Kayden']Once you get past the sheer size, its kinda pathetic. Run in circles, shoot demons with the BFG/Rockets -> Soul Cube charged -> Fire -> Repeat.[/QUOTE]

Doom 3? That's another game (like God of War) that I got 20 minutes into and never touched again. I really should just sell them while I can still make decent bank. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']Once you get past the sheer size, its kinda pathetic. Run in circles, shoot demons with the BFG/Rockets -> Soul Cube charged -> Fire -> Repeat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Gaurdian kicked my ASS. It took me forever to actually beat him.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Doom 3? That's another game (like God of War) that I got 20 minutes into and never touched again. I really should just sell them while I can still make decent bank. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Once you get farther into Doom 3, it gets a lot better. Hell is one of my favorite levels in any game. It's just messed up to powers unknown.

Hmmmm...I wonder what game I should get next for my PSP. I've got it narrowed down to four games:

Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
Untold Legends
Metal Gear Ac!d

All of them look cool, I'm just not sure what's worth spending 40 bucks on.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Once you get farther into Doom 3, it gets a lot better. Hell is one of my favorite levels in any game. It's just messed up to powers unknown.[/QUOTE]

It took me 20 minutes just to get to some combat, and by then I had tired of the whole thing. :lol:

I'll give it another go, someday.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']It took me 20 minutes just to get to some combat, and by then I had tired of the whole thing. :lol:

I'll give it another go, someday.[/QUOTE]

You should, it was also painful for me to get past the beginning so I could start shooting stuff.

[quote name='whoknows']You should, it was also painful for me to get past the beginning so I could start shooting stuff.[/QUOTE]

Another 20 minutes and I'd probably just get tired of shooting stuff. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Another 20 minutes and I'd probably just get tired of shooting stuff. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You OC-ADHD bastard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back