The Fifth Annual CAG NCAA March Madness Contest (Winning Scenarios in Post #266)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']With Western Kentucky's win, we have just one person left with a perfect day and 11 more with just one miss.[/QUOTE]

wooo i think im one of those people with just 1 miss.. till tomorrow then i will lose them all

Yep I'm on of the people in 13th place as well. I should have known better then to pick against Western Kentucky.

They have always been dangerous in the tournament. I am always iffy about doubting them. Now beyond 1st round, I am not sure they'll get very far.

And with that (Dayton over W.V.)the last perfect gets a L. After those games I'm now tied for 5th with 21/24 correct.

I'm currently sitting ugly in the 9-way tie for 2nd place. Ugly meaning that I've already lost far too many of my Sweet Sixteen teams to really hold my position. I'm disappointed in myself for picking Wake over Cleveland state because I didn't like seeing a 12 and 13 playing in the second round and in picking Washington to lose in the first round at the last moment. The other picks I missed I honestly didn't see happening (though I should have with Dayton over West Virgina) so I can't be too disappointed in those.

Yay for Clev St. over Wake. Only upset I consider a true upset in the first round of action (I don't think Western Kentucky over Illinois was an upset...Western Kentucky is/was a better team imho). I love seeing underdogs win.

I think a ton of brackets would go down in flames if LSU beats UNC...The vast majority of people have UNC getting to at least the final 4. Around half the brackets I have seen (mine included) have UNC winning it all.

Wow, Maryland is getting their ass kicked. I'll eat some humble pie if memphis wins this game. I thought they lost too much talent from last year, and I wasn't too impressed with them what little I saw of them. Derek Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts were nasty last year. I had Maryland going to the elite eight -_-. I guess there's still plenty of basketball still to be had...but atm, things don't look too good for me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
If you haven't seen the scenario generator yet, it's a great way to see if you still have hope and not feel too bad for missing a few games here or there.[/QUOTE]

That made me feel a lot better about my bracket. It's far from over.

15th place out of 165 aint bad for me, too bad i decided at the last minute to change 2 of my picks to upsets that didnt happen, vcu (lost by 1 point!!!) and miss st...a lot of losses in the 1st round by only 1 or 2 baskets that also hurt me

o well, so far the only real problem for me has been west virginia had em going to the elite 8, had wake losing to zona anyway

[quote name='lakers310']I really want to win that College Hoops 2k7. I hate the March Madness series.[/quote]

You should get Hoops 2K8. There are updated rosters you can download from 2K Share. I think it's pretty cheap at GS now.

At the end of the second round, we have two in first at 56 points, two in third at 55 points, and five bringing up the rear at 54 points, so it's still a close race for the top three spots.

We shall meet again on Thursday for the start of the Sweet Sixteen round.

Even if every game somehow goes my way, the best I can get is second to rockers because we have the exact same picks remaining. I really dropped the ball this year.

:rofl: I'm in 130th place - by far the worst I've ever done in this thing. But there's still hope. If all my later picks work out I win by 22 points.

Of course I'm counting on a lot of crap to go down for that to happen. I have Missouri in the championship game for example. I came in third place a few years back by riding UCLA nearly all the way and that helped me stand out from the crowd. Missouri is my choice this year (no particular reason - just had to pick one).

I also have Oklahoma beating North Carolina and a few other upsets in there still to come.

It didn't help that in the early rounds I counted pretty heavily on the Pac-10, EXCEPT for damn Arizona. They ALWAYS screw me up. When I pick them they lose first round. When I don't they go far. Damn them to hell. I knew they had a good draw though (and, for example, Cal got hosed though they beat AZ twice and had a higher seed). Except for Arizona and Arizona State (which I got right) I had all the Pac-10 teams winning one more game than they did so that cost me some points. But I had them all out after the Sweet 16 so unless Arizona continues to hose me I may yet recover.

All my potential Elite 8 teams are still alive, so there's definitely hope.

[quote name='rustyrage']moved up to the #9 spot woot.. only got one wrong in round 2 i had wf winning doh[/QUOTE]
I'm happpy that I went from being in the 130's on Friday to 24th with 51 points. I'm sad though because I wanted more lower seeds to make it but I know the tournament stays close between higher seeds so that is why I stuck with them.

[quote name='iPod Wizard']^ Not going to happen lol. Sienna is going to get raped.

Let's go Cuse![/QUOTE]

It was definitely close, until the last 2 mins or so. Siena had a chance, which gives me hope for the next game. Go Arizona!

Ugh. This year's tourney has been dominated by chalk. So disappointing. Hope for a more enjoyable tourney next year. This was a great tournament of what-ifs with little payoffs:

1) If only ETSU/OK St had beaten Pitt
2) If only Sienna had beaten Louisville
3) If only Cal St. Northridge had beaten Memphis
4) If only no big ten and big twelve teams had made it to the sweet sixteen...I jest o_O

Oh well, at least some potentially great games coming next week. I've had my eye on the Duke vs 'Nova game ever since the brackets hit.

fuck. I had Memphis going to the final four and Duke at least winning this game. Oh well...
If Cuse beats Oklahoma, I'll be happy again. :bouncy:

edit: :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back