The First OTT of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The resiting charge stuck. Though, I still argue that going limp isn't resisting, just not assisting in my own kidnapping.

The cops in Kermit, Texas suck.

Why were you in Kermit, TX? If you were arrested for something that you can't be arrested for, then how can you resist arrest?

Sood's gonna get pissy at this but: You haven't dealt with many cops, have you? Every cop I've ever met has been itchy to ticket or some shit just for the sake of doing it.

I'm gonna go stick my dick down the barrel of a gun from my extensive collection.

Just to see how it feels.

2nd amendment brutha, wooooo!!!!

Also wanted to mention this - So I had the day off and was out to run some errands. I ended up making a stop at the local swap meet. Right as I walk down the first aisle, some moron is sorting through a pile of garbage PS2, GC, Xbox games and scanning each one with some kind of bar code reader. I'm assuming it checks the values on ebay/Amazon or something. While he wasted his time with that, I continued on and found a copy of Baldur's Gate: DAII about 10 minutes later. Bought it for $2. As I work my way back through, I see the same idiot still scanning copies of Madden 2005 and NBA Live.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I got a Rayman game for Christmas many years ago. Worst Christmas ever.[/QUOTE]
I heard Rayman Raving Rabbids for the Wii was a 100% Wubb Top Pick™.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It went back farther than that. I think it was on that Genesis.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I think the original Rayman came out around the PS1 era. Never played it though.

Getting games that you never asked for always sucked. Anyone remember Psybadek? Yeah.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Even the promo video makes me want to seek out any copies of the game and burn them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJYCVi3_YLA[/QUOTE]
IIRC, I got that the same Christmas I got Tekken 3.

Funny thing was, I had a high tolerance for bad/mediocre games as a kid. But I still couldn't muster the energy to play that abomination.

dpnUG.gif

Finlly pulled like 95% of my blu rays outta the trunk of my car. Just need to find the room on my media rack for my HD DVDs. Time to start yanking crappy dvds...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nice. All the James bond movies are coming out on blu ray this year.[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid to know what the price is of that box set.

Still have volumes 1 and 3 of the original dvd releases from 2000 somewhere. The completest in me still wants to get volume 2 someday

[quote name='Soodmeg']
dpnUG.gif
[/QUOTE]

Firefly sucks. I mean it's nothing terrible but fanboys make it out to be one of the greatest tv show ever.

You guys know that the point of that is she never really changes where pose right? Firefly was decently awesome because it was just different from most shows. Just like Jemimah and Jericho, The Walking Dead, etc etc.

They get more probs for simply not being a shitty reality show or a cop drama.

Man, sometimes I just wanna tell Amazon to fuck off. Dropped 73 bucks last month on a 10 dvd box set of all the Hal Roach era Laurel and Hardy talkies at B&N. Amazon had it for 100+ then...now, its back to 65 bucks.

[quote name='j.t']Firefly sucks. I mean it's nothing terrible but fanboys make it out to be one of the greatest tv show ever.[/QUOTE]

Get the fuck out of here.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You guys know that the point of that is she never really changes where pose right? Firefly was decently awesome because it was just different from most shows. Just like Jemimah and Jericho, The Walking Dead, etc etc.

They get more probs for simply not being a shitty reality show or a cop drama.[/QUOTE]

Probs? Problems? I've got 99 props but a dumbass dipshit ain't one.

[quote name='Eviltude']I have a couple hours off this morning but I have to go to the DMV. What a terrible way to waste time off.[/QUOTE]

Don't go to the one on spring forest. I don't know where you are living in raleigh but that one is a two hour wait no matter when you go.

Avent ferry us supposedly much better.

Morning.

Somehow all three children and myself have simultenous colds. We will drown you in our ocean of mucus.

R&C Crack in Time is fun, but very repetitive. Ratchet level. Crank level. Ratchet level. Fly to other worlds, collect zoni. Crank level. Ratchet level.
Oooh, a tournament! (That has been in 5 other R&C games!)

[quote name='eldergamer']Morning.

Somehow all three children and myself have simultenous colds. We will drown you in our ocean of mucus.

R&C Crack in Time is fun, but very repetitive. Ratchet level. Crank level. Ratchet level. Fly to other worlds, collect zoni. Crank level. Ratchet level.
Oooh, a tournament! (That has been in 5 other R&C games!)[/QUOTE]

Just like just about pretty much every other game on the planet.

RPG: enter dungeon, random encounter, random encounter, random encounter, save point, boss fight, story/plot device, town, enter dungeon, random encounter, random encounter...
Third Person Shooter: Run to cover, pop and shoot enemies, collect ammo, run to cover, pop and shoot, collect ammo, etc.
Platformer: Run right, bounce off enemies, jump some gaps, run right, finish level.

If you've played all the other R&C games, you pretty much should've known what to expect... I'd say the main variety in those games comes from the multitude of different weapons and the slight variance in the gadgets you find for puzzle solving (also the slightly varied Clank mechanics for solving puzzles in his levels).

I've played all the other R&C games. (Even Deadlocked!) And there's always a point about midway through, that it just seems. Yeah, I've done this before. (Even in the first game)

Alaska's had a pretty shitty winter this year. When my mom came down in December, Anchorage had already set a November snowfall record. Then it melted, froze back up and started snowing again.

Oh, SO glad I dont have to deal with that anymore.

Cordova and Valdez have gotten it worse. Then again, they usually do.

http://www.adn.com/2012/01/09/2254598/reader-photos-cordova-snow.html#id=2254383&view=large_view

[quote name='Trakan']52° and sunny today, 5-9" of snow tomorrow.

Ah, Alaska.[/QUOTE]

You live in Alaska? I always thought you lived in California for some reason.

Wisconsin, actually. Alaska is an old joke from years ago that Jim, zew, and Casey know about.

I'd mention how it was zero degrees with a -30 wind chill and they'd joke about how I live in Alaska.

Truth. Some of the winters in Northern MN are colder than Southcentral/SE Alaska.
Winter I spent in St Cloud, MN was one of the coldest of my life.

I lived in Anchorage for 19 years. AMA. (Note: I didnt leave the city much and know very little about hunting, fishing, and most Alaskan activities)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Don't go to the one on spring forest. I don't know where you are living in raleigh but that one is a two hour wait no matter when you go.

Avent ferry us supposedly much better.[/QUOTE]

That's the closest one to me, which is where I went. It wasn't terrible, but it was still the DMV. Then I had to work until 6:30, which was terrible.

[quote name='Eviltude']That's the closest one to me, which is where I went. It wasn't terrible, but it was still the DMV. Then I had to work until 6:30, which was terrible.[/QUOTE]

That is good to hear. I know last time I went to get my license renewed there it took me like 2 fucking hours. The reason I mentioned Avent Ferry is my sister said it took her ten minutes to do hers.

[quote name='eldergamer']I've played all the other R&C games. (Even Deadlocked!) And there's always a point about midway through, that it just seems. Yeah, I've done this before. (Even in the first game)
[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would anyone play Deadlocked!? ;)
I mean, I bought R&C as a greatest hits game and promptly was given GC for Christmas.
Next Christmas I was given UYA.
And when Deadlocked came out the next year? The tradition was broken. :lol:

I sort of forgot about it but I'm going to a beer class/tasting thing tomorrow at a local brewery/restaurant. Ready to go drink free beer.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm 5.75 hours away from a 4 day weekend. :whee: :beer:[/QUOTE]

:wall:

I have a 3 day, but I have to get through tomorrow...then I can level cap my Level 42 Jedi Guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back