The First OTT of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a short day tomorrow as I have to put my kids on the bus and be home when they get home, so I'm a little closer to the 3 day weekend than most. But I'd rather it was already here.

I hate filling out paperwork. Confusing, production paper work with a thousand questions that I dont know how to answer. Sigh.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just had the best curry chicken ever. The hot and sour soup was top notch too. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I had a Special K Bar...yeah...

Built my PC last night. Only issues I had were with my keyboard's USB connector breaking somewhere between moving it between PCs, putting the power cord into the video card, and having to install network adapter drivers so I could actually get online.

Now I can play all of the Steam games in my library.

You know why I never go to the movies? Because I'll see a trailer, get completely pumped about seeing it, then, when it comes out, it gets terrible reviews and I can't bring myself to spend money to see a movie that's probably going to suck.

See: The Divide for an example.

Bull City Brewpub was awesome. Not the best beer I've ever had, but it was all good, the food was respectable and the ownership/staff is awesome. The owner hosted our brewery class thing and after, while we were sitting at the bar, he came out with a roll of stickers and proceeded to cut them out individually. Not something you would think an owner would do.

Got to leave work early tonight becuase I complained about my sinuses and the hospital was pretty quiet. Which is probably why they're starting to lay off people.

That and medicare reimbursements go way down in 2012.

[quote name='eldergamer']Got to leave work early tonight becuase I complained about my sinuses and the hospital was pretty quiet. Which is probably why they're starting to lay off people.

That and medicare reimbursements go way down in 2012.[/QUOTE]

What they don't want sick hospital workers? Ridiculous.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']What they don't want sick hospital workers? Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I have almost no patient contact. All I ever see are nurses/cna's/volunteers when they drop off and pick up.

No snow here but the top story tonight and for the next three nights will be "Chance of Snow Sunday or Monday!" (They're calling for a light dusting, maybe an inch or three)
Even though our high temp is 45 and the snow will be gone by mid afternoon.

[quote name='eldergamer']I have almost no patient contact. All I ever see are nurses/cna's/volunteers when they drop off and pick up.

No snow here but the top story tonight and for the next three nights will be "Chance of Snow Sunday or Monday!" (They're calling for a light dusting, maybe an inch or three)
Even though our high temp is 45 and the snow will be gone by mid afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Better go out and buy all of the Milk, Bread and Eggs you can find!!!

[quote name='Number83']Better go out and buy all of the Milk, Bread and Eggs you can find!!![/QUOTE]

Work has already sent out Red Cross Disaster Prepration emails. Which they do anytime there's a "Winter Advisory". :roll:

I need to play my Gamefly game tonight, so it can go in the mail tomrrow. Means I wont get back to New Vegas until Saturday night probably.

Anyone seen TTSS?
[quote name='Number83']Better go out and buy all of the Milk, Bread and Eggs you can find!!![/QUOTE]

. . . and domestic beer cases- or does that only happen in the South?

We got quite a bit of snow, which was enough to make some areas not so good for driving due to lack of plowing or salting to help make them better for driving. Seems like a big part of this snowstorm is the wind that keeps moving it around.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Just beat Skyrim......yuck. At least now I can start Batman AC.[/QUOTE]

You want to talk about yuck, play Batman. :rofl: There's a reason nobody picks Batman over Skyrim for GOTY. IMHO...:D

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You want to talk about yuck, play Batman. :rofl: There's a reason nobody picks Batman over Skyrim for GOTY. IMHO...:D[/QUOTE]

Skyrim is a great time when it's not suffering from technical problems.
While Arkham City didn't quite have the same charm as Arkham Asylum, it's still a very fun game with a pretty good story, tons of fan service and the great combat and stealth gameplay that was such a strong core of what made the original such a great game.

Want to go get Resistance 3 from Gamefly from my mailbox, but it's 43 degrees out and the mailbox is a block over. ;-;

Working from 1pm to 9pm this weekend. Ugh. Nice to get home earlier but I'm kinda cheated out of a lunch/or dinner that way.

Powdered creamer for coffee is not muy bueno. I wish liquid creamer would stop being so expensive... Although powdered lasts longer.

[quote name='eldergamer']

Powdered creamer for coffee is not muy bueno. I wish liquid creamer would stop being so expensive... Although powdered lasts longer.[/QUOTE]

Slowly pour it over an open flame for giggles- can't do that with real creamer.

Finally bought one of those surround sound headsets for my PS3 so I can play Skyrim into the wee hours of the morning without keeping the gf awake. Sadly, it has to be shipped because Best Buy only seems to get 3 at a time and can't keep them stocked.

I went to Walmart to pick up the $15 Mario & Luigi BIS and I was surprised that I couldn't pick it up at the CS counter up front. I had to go to the back of the store by the shoe department and the bathrooms to ring somebody to find my order.

I saw an Amish woman there who was as tall as the shopping cart that she was pulling around with her.

[quote name='Eviltude']You guys, it's 2012. We can do better than this.

Maybe this is how motivated we are in 2012...[/QUOTE]

I won't be motivated for a while. I figure, I'll do what I want for now. IF we're still around come 2013, maybe then I'll see about being better about things.

Dr. Detroit is running on HBO, I hadn't seen it since I was a kid- it's bad but if you want to see the exegesis of some recurring Futurama references it's worth a watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']NBA league pass is so fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Can I come over? Without it I basically get every Bobcats game (which isn't terrible) and then whatever games are on nbatv or espn/tnt. It sounds like a lot but it's usually pretty crap games.

[quote name='Eviltude']Can I come over? Without it I basically get every Bobcats game (which isn't terrible) and then whatever games are on nbatv or espn/tnt. It sounds like a lot but it's usually pretty crap games.[/QUOTE]

I get the wizards, and I don't even like them. It sucks.

The Wizards have John Wall, who is fun to watch, but he doesn't do enough to win them many games. Aside from that, you can almost count all the wizards games as L's.

[quote name='Eviltude']The Wizards have John Wall, who is fun to watch, but he doesn't do enough to win them many games. Aside from that, you can almost count all the wizards games as L's.[/QUOTE]

True. They are also in the 76ers division (who I like) so at least I get to see a few games a year.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You've probably bought worse for more. :p[/QUOTE]

Probably!

Haven't bough anything since Saints Row when I got like 8 games in the span of September-November.

Wasn't planning on buying anything until Mass Effect 3.

But we shall see.

[quote name='seanr1221']Probably!

Haven't bough anything since Saints Row when I got like 8 games in the span of September-November.

Wasn't planning on buying anything until Mass Effect 3.

But we shall see.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the reviews on it were good, it just sold poorly, apparently? Metacritic has the 3 consoles (which I think have identical versions?) as 87, 88, and 92 (ps3, 360, wii).
I was convinced to grab a copy for $20.

I wasn't planning on buying anything this year (2012 games at least) until DMC HD collection in April, but I forgot about The Darkness II. That looks great from what I've seen, but I'm not sure it's day one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back