The First OTT of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='darthbudge']I'm with Mak. I think you guys must not be big college football fans, because Joe Paterno is a football icon who wasn't just beloved by PSU fans, but really by almost everyone. I think he also represents one of (if not the last of) the iconic old-school dynasty coaches in college football.[/QUOTE]

Right on, he's like the Tom Landry of college football or something.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I believe you but I don't understand how a car is a luxury item. I know that if my family didn't have a car we wouldn't be able to survive.[/QUOTE]
Considering we live in major metro areas (you in Richmond, me in Hampton Roads), we have access to mass transit. For example, HRT here and I forget what its called up there in your neck of the woods. A car is more of a luxury as one can easily take advantage of said transportation means easily and relatively cheaply. Is mass transit time effective, hell no lol, but a car sure as hell beats out a bus time wise.

If you really want to nitpick, things such as housing, food, clean water, and such related services are about the only things I can think off the top of my head that aren't a luxury item, but a vital necessity.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Considering we live in major metro areas (you in Richmond, me in Hampton Roads), we have access to mass transit. For example, HRT here and I forget what its called up there in your neck of the woods. A car is more of a luxury as one can easily take advantage of said transportation means easily and relatively cheaply. Is mass transit time effective, hell no lol, but a car sure as hell beats out a bus time wise.

If you really want to nitpick, things such as housing, food, clean water, and such related services are about the only things I can think off the top of my head that aren't a luxury item, but a vital necessity.[/QUOTE]

Well I technically live in the burbs of Richmond, and I am 5+ miles from any store, school, or job opportunity. There are no busses or anything, so I literally need a car. I get what you are saying, but it depends on the situation.

I'm confused, are you guys complaining that you get taxed by the state and the county for a vehicle or just one?

SeanR, did you ever end up getting a projector? I think I might get one in the next few months and was just wondering if you had any advice or recommendations. Looking at the Epson 3010, but I want the price to drop on it by a couple hundred bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Nah, we decided we wanted a pool table + 3d LED instead. Still waiting on the house to be finished.

When we were in the market we wanted an Epson 8350 (I think that's the number).

fucking Ravens. I hate the Patriots so much. They played a decent game but everything seems to go their way towards the end of games.

Missing a 32 yard field goal? That was some Ray Finkle/Scott Norwood shit right there.
Now the Ravens know why Billy "I can't make a field goal over 50 yards" Cundiff was available when they picked him up to replace Stover.
They'd have been better going off an finding an idiot kicker. :lol:

Morning, OTT.

Number84 got the screws removed from his hip on Friday. Other than a follow up in 2 weeks from the removal surgery and a check up a year from now, he's free and clear! And 3 months ahead of schedule! Will miss the next week of Basketball, while he re-strengthens the hip (he says it's really sore) but will be more than ready for indoor football in March.

Going to have to spend most of the day hiding out upstairs while the laminate flooring was installed.

Couldnt play anything last night because I forgot to charge my :ps3: controller.

Things could get interesting. One of my roommate's ex-wife moved back in last night from out of state. She stayed a couple days before hoping to rekindle whatever lost magic they have and didn't succeed. Have to help her unpack today which sucks considering it was my first off day after six in a row, but not sure how her being here will impact me aside from that. Hopefully not too much, but we shall see I guess.

[quote name='JStryke']Things could get interesting. One of my roommate's ex-wife moved back in last night from out of state. She stayed a couple days before hoping to rekindle whatever lost magic they have and didn't succeed. Have to help her unpack today which sucks considering it was my first off day after six in a row, but not sure how her being here will impact me aside from that. Hopefully not too much, but we shall see I guess.[/QUOTE]

Watchout for the rebound, J!

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

Number84 got the screws removed from his hip on Friday. Other than a follow up in 2 weeks from the removal surgery and a check up a year from now, he's free and clear! And 3 months ahead of schedule! Will miss the next week of Basketball, while he re-strengthens the hip (he says it's really sore) but will be more than ready for indoor football in March.[/QUOTE]

I challenge 84 to a slam dunk contest.

[quote name='Maklershed']That avatar is turrrfyin.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is!

830px-Smiler_Faces.jpg

[quote name='Number83']Watchout for the rebound, J![/QUOTE]

You meant to encourage him to pull down the rebound and put some points on the board, no? :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']I challenge 84 to a slam dunk contest.[/QUOTE]

IT'S ON!!!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You meant to encourage him to pull down the rebound and put some points on the board, no? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes...Yes I did. Look for the signs, J!!! Look for the signs!!!

She's easily a good 20 years older than me. Remember, my one roommate is my dad's friend.

She seems ok (not my type though admittedly), but we'll see how things are a month down the road if they last that long.

[quote name='JStryke']She's easily a good 20 years older than me. Remember, my one roommate is my dad's friend.

She seems ok (not my type though admittedly), but we'll see how things are a month down the road if they last that long.[/QUOTE]

If you're 22 and she's 42 and good looking (milf/cougar type?), I still don't see a problem. :bouncy:

Now if you're 38 and she's 60, that might be a different story. :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you're 22 and she's 42 and good looking (milf/cougar type?), I still don't see a problem. :bouncy:

Now if you're 38 and she's 60, that might be a different story. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I don't know her age, but considering he's...47 I think, having her be in her 40s somewhere is a pretty safe bet. And she's not really MILF material IMO.

Regardless, even if she was hot I doubt I'd be all that interested. Main reason being, I honestly have no interest in dating or romance or any of that kind of thing. To me, Single's Awareness Day (Feb 14th) is just another day.

Scoring goals is part of the "any of that kind of thing". :razz:

Also, goals is for soccer. Yes, hockey as well, but considering soccer shares the term, it's a term that can't be used. Scoring home runs, or dare I say, touchdowns, might be acceptable.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah it is!

830px-Smiler_Faces.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Welp, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway.

[quote name='Number83']IT'S ON!!!
[/QUOTE]

Great. I'll prepare by watching Space Jam on VHS.

[quote name='JStryke']Scoring goals is part of the "any of that kind of thing". :razz:

Also, goals is for soccer. Yes, hockey as well, but considering soccer shares the term, it's a term that can't be used. Scoring home runs, or dare I say, touchdowns, might be acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Any way you slice it, you're putting points on the board. :p

In Skyrim, other than the civil war is there any other factions, or groups you can join that will prevent you from joining another?

[quote name='DT778']JStryke really goes out of his way to say he hates pussy.[/QUOTE]

It's not that I hate pussy, it's more that I have basically no interest in sex, romance, or love stuff in general. Always have been in the asexual camp.

[quote name='JStryke']It's not that I hate pussy, it's more that I have basically no interest in sex, romance, or love stuff in general. Always have been in the asexual camp.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that allows you to save more money as well...seeing as you don't have to blow it on useless baubles for some girl that doesn't appreciate shit

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I'm sure that allows you to save more money as well...seeing as you don't have to blow it on useless baubles for some girl that doesn't appreciate shit[/QUOTE]

Only guys that can't get poon-tang say shit like this.

[quote name='DT778']JStryke really goes out of his way to say he hates pussy.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='DT778']In Skyrim, other than the civil war is there any other factions, or groups you can join that will prevent you from joining another?[/QUOTE]

Not that I can think of. And even then, it really doesn't change much -- you just do a bunch of similar missions from the other side, I think. It won't lock you out of achievements either, since it allows for you to join either side to continue. Most things have an equivalent if they do lock you out of something...

There may be lesser guilds you can join that aren't achievement related, but I didn't look into it much... overall, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not that I can think of. And even then, it really doesn't change much -- you just do a bunch of similar missions from the other side, I think. It won't lock you out of achievements either, since it allows for you to join either side to continue. Most things have an equivalent if they do lock you out of something...

There may be lesser guilds you can join that aren't achievement related, but I didn't look into it much... overall, I'm pretty sure the answer is no.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

They couldnt finish the flooring in one day? We didnt buy enough. Uh, you did the measurements and told us how much to buy flooring company.

Oh well, at least we had a moderately succesfull IEP with the oldest child.

And why is story in Fallout New Vegas so nonsensical? I just completed the "They Went that-a-way" courier part w/o even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back