The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

I wasn't paying that much attention when I bought this today... I just thought it was a weird unlicensed game with a wizard on it. Nope, that's totally Moses.

picture.php

On vacation so I stopped by the same flea market I do every year. It's basically just an indoor market with the same vendors every year. The only guy that sells video games is a reseller with high prices. I usually just go in there to grab a game I think I'll like as a souvenir or the trip. Today I got
-Firepower 2000 for the SNES because I saw it on Mike Mateis top 10 obscure SNES gems
-Super Godzilla because of the AVGN XD
Total was 4 bucks as they were in a bin of B1G1. Good find I think, I'm happy and can't wait to get back home to pop em in my SNES

autbhj.jpg

Sega Dreamcast+hookups, controller, blue VMU, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Ecco the Dolphin, and Shenmue Disc 1 - $25
N64 Controller and Memory card - $5

Ecco and Shenmue are disc only - Ecco was stuffed into the Sonic Adventure case, and Shenmue was sitting inside the console. All of it works great.

The N64 controller had some sticky buttons, but I opened it up, cleaned everything, and now it works perfect. The memory card works great too.

Non-game haul:

2vjeiah.jpg

A Clash of Kings - $3
Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour - $2
The Dark Half - $1
Fake Pokemon Cards - $1, my brother and I both bought some just for fun
Growing Turtle Egg - $2.50, these things are a running thing with my girlfriend and I

[quote name='Eagle3ye']On vacation so I stopped by the same flea market I do every year. It's basically just an indoor market with the same vendors every year. The only guy that sells video games is a reseller with high prices. I usually just go in there to grab a game I think I'll like as a souvenir or the trip. Today I got
-Firepower 2000 for the SNES because I saw it on Mike Mateis top 10 obscure SNES gems
-Super Godzilla because of the AVGN XD
Total was 4 bucks as they were in a bin of B1G1. Good find I think, I'm happy and can't wait to get back home to pop em in my SNES[/QUOTE]
You vacationing in PA by any chance cuz that indoor market seller sounds like the one guy here.:lol:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
autbhj.jpg

Sega Dreamcast+hookups, controller, blue VMU, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Ecco the Dolphin, and Shenmue Disc 1 - $25

Ecco and Shenmue are disc only - Ecco was stuffed into the Sonic Adventure case, and Shenmue was sitting inside the console. All of it works great.

The N64 controller had some sticky buttons, but I opened it up, cleaned everything, and now it works perfect. The memory card works great too.

Non-game haul:

2vjeiah.jpg

A Clash of Kings - $3
The Dark Half - $1
Growing Turtle Egg - $2.50, these things are a running thing with my girlfriend and I
[/QUOTE]

Those are some good Dreamcast games, even if they are not very valuable.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
autbhj.jpg

Non-game haul:

2vjeiah.jpg

A Clash of Kings - $3
The Dark Half - $1
[/QUOTE]

nice pick ups

[quote name='vantheman']Prices?[/QUOTE]

turtles IV for 10
earthbound $60 steal
the gba titles for 5 a piece
bubsy, ki and war of the gems for 20
zelda for 15
super mario rpg for 22
umk3 for 10
and winter olympics,samurai shodown and street fighter 2 turbo for 7 bucks.

kingdom hearts was a flea market pickup but milking the walmart system got it for an out of pocket cost of 10 bucks thanks to best buy and return exchange policy.

not bad....

[quote name='bmack26']turtles IV for 10
earthbound $60 steal
zelda for 15
super mario rpg for 22
umk3 for 10

kingdom hearts was a flea market pickup but milking the walmart system got it for an out of pocket cost of 10 bucks thanks to best buy and return exchange policy.

not bad....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I guess you can't expect to get everything for under $2 like you my have at a garage sale.

again not much yesterday so decided not to wake up to go today. Got Pokemon Gold along with the GameShark for GBC for $5 and a Star Wars Scanimaiton book for $1.50.

I think this is the best purchase of the year (enjoyment wise - not money maker) I bought a huge amount of NES boxes for $40 from the flea market today. Highlights are Contra, Super C, Zelda, Double Dragon 1 & 2 and Castlevania 1 & 2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='bmack26']turtles IV for 10
earthbound $60 steal
zelda for 15
super mario rpg for 22
umk3 for 10

not bad....[/QUOTE]

nice deals!

[quote name='white3er']I think this is the best purchase of the year (enjoyment wise - not money maker) I bought a huge amount of NES boxes for $40 from the flea market today. Highlights are Contra, Super C, Zelda, Double Dragon 1 & 2 and Castlevania 1 & 2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

sooo jealous. I have so many of those games without boxes.

IMG_20120812_234818.jpg

$10 at the flea market, the CEs are contents only, no game so they were free. Just flipped Devil Summoner for $55 on Amazon, didn't realize it was worth that much :V

[quote name='aptanor']
IMG_20120812_234818.jpg

$10 at the flea market, the CEs are contents only, no game so they were free. Just flipped Devil Summoner for $55 on Amazon, didn't realize it was worth that much :V[/QUOTE]
You know what's funny is I scoffed at grabbing Devil Summoner brand new when GS dropped it to $20 a while ago.:whistle2:#

I'm going to the dudley flea market in MA tomorrow, anyone have experience with it?

Update: Just got back, I'd advise anyone from MA not to bother with it, it's ALL vendors, all indoors, not really what I was expecting. Just the typical game stuff. There was one big video game vendor who had the typical assortment systems and tons of original XBOX and PS2 games, and a few genesis/snes games. I bought 4 genesis games at $3 a piece, but all the good ones were behind glass and the guy obviously did his pricecharting searches on them. Everything had a price tag and he wasn't negotiating. Left my business card with him for if he gets something worth my time driving there.

The rest of the place was like junk city, with the type of vendors who pile stuff in their space until you can barely walk through the narrow rows of junk, there is no rhyme or reason, when you walk by some of these vendors it's like a brain overload. There are some good old toys there, lots of those old tin robots, old kids toys from the 60's, stuff like that. There's a fair amount of guitars and musical equipment, all overpriced though, as is the case at most flea markets. I don't think I've ever seen a reasonably priced guitar at a flea.

You could probably find every DVD ever at this place too, like it's more than I've ever seen in my life. If there's any rare DVD's out there that are worth some money, I bet you could find it here. All in all, I'd give the Dudley-Do-Right flea market at 2/5. Very jumbled, all permanent vendors, most will not haggle with you, copious amounts of junk, good parking, easy to find, and you could probably find decent stuff if you really know what to look for in very specific item markets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flea markets didn't have much this weekend.. but I managed to snag Zelda Collector's Edition on the Gamecube for the low price of $10. Enough to make me happy.

[quote name='Artrigis']^ nice silver, id be happy to pay $10 on that. Even better if you plan to play it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I do plan on it. My personal goal is to have all 16 Zelda games in any version. This one fills in the gap left behind be Zelda I and Majora's Mask meaning all I need now is Four Sword Adventures and Wind Waker. When I picked it up and asked him the price, I was totally expecting him to say $30 or something.

well I needed a SNES and I found the only one in the flea market for $5 unfortunately when I got home I found out it was a 3rd party knock off and the insides were full of rust and it seems like the bumpers aren't properly connected to the circuit board. But it does work, even though the d-pad is kinda stiff. Guess it will have to do until I can find an official one for $5-$8

The Flea Market got rained out today because of the remnants of Hurricane Isasc. :cry:

...Although, I guess we really do need the rain. The drought has really hurt the farmers and my wallet.

I traded Tera (free from BB), Deadliest Warrior (free from BB), Banjo & Kazooie Nuts & Bolts (.75 from a yard sale), Viewtiful Joe (.50 from a yard sale), and Mc Groovz Dance Craze (.50 from a yard sale) for:

img1941ld.jpg

Man the flea market was dead today tons of buyers but not many sellers and almost no video games only saw the usual garbage PS2/Xbox sports games and a few dealers with the same games at the same high prices. Will probably try a new one tomorrow

Saw an Intellivision with a few boxed games for $5, but the whole box was dirty, not with dust, but with dirt like it had been dug out of someone's back yard. The system was in rough shape at best, the power cord was torn out of the back and the controllers were bad. Luckily the guy with his iPhone was pricing the items and telling his wife what it was worth. I offered $10 and the other guy said $20. As Dave Hester would say "You can have that pile of crap."

Another seller has had the same exact box of PS2 games out for the past 6 weeks, Saturday and Sunday. He actually has 2 I want, War of the Monsters and Midnight Club 3. As I have for the past 3 weeks ask if he still wants $5, he says any less and he'd be at a loss and people buy them all day for $5 no problem. I say "I'm a buyer at $3, cash money right now, and you don't have to load them back up." He says $5. I walk away and he yells "You can have the whole box for $4 each if you buy them all."

I would have been in at $4, but literally only had $3.

I find that besides the fact I am cheap, that maybe some sellers don't want to sell their stuff. Seriously. I think they like to load up their stuff every week and go down there, and talk with the other sellers. I'm not sure, but the people that have the outside booths pack up every week and bring their stuff back and forth, and I see the same exact shit every weekend. I don't know. Anyone else seem to feel the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back