The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TiKi2']does that ever work?[/quote]

75% of the time. usualy I will just throw all the gaming stuff together and add it up mentaly while I throw it together and then CIF. The more stuff you throw together the more of a percent you can talk them down. I had a sale I got about $1000 worth of stuff for $100 earlier this year, I threw everything together and showed him 4 $20's he then said no, so i pulled out afew 360 games and threw him 5 $20 and he bit...the funny thing is that the 360 games I pulled out were'nt worth near as much as the classics i left in!!

[quote name='darkslime']Its hard to bargain with people at flea markets because most of them don't know english.
They all come up from Nogales, Mexico on saturday morning and get stuff at yard sales, then sell it there the next day. >.>[/quote]

:whistle2:# I'm glad I live in Pennsylvania then, though the one area by the NJ border(Stroudsburg, PA) is pretty inundated with immigrants who don't speak English now. :roll::roll::roll: That's all I'm saying.

Oh and I was tempted to go to my local flea market today, but I felt a little ill this morning, so I ended up sleeping till 5 pm(the local flea markets close at 4-5 pm).

Not the greatest bargain, but I FINALLY found a NES Ninja Gaiden 3 that didn't look like it was mistaken as toilet paper. I paid $7, which is the cheapest I've seen it in the wild.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Not the greatest bargain, but I FINALLY found a NES Ninja Gaiden 3 that didn't look like it was mistaken as toilet paper. I paid $7, which is the cheapest I've seen it in the wild.[/quote]
which one was it at?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Not the greatest bargain, but I FINALLY found a NES Ninja Gaiden 3 that didn't look like it was mistaken as toilet paper. I paid $7, which is the cheapest I've seen it in the wild.[/quote]

Nice, I have never seen that one. I find the original 2 all the time, but I have never seen that one or the SNES trilogy cart in the wild.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Today I about didnt get up, but I finaly did and got the the flea Market abotu 7:10, for my trouble I got.

Table 1 - asking $12 CIF'd $10.
Super Metroid(SNES)
Super Castlevania IV(SNES)
Mario Is Missing(SNES)

Table 2 - asking $20 CIF'd $15.
Taiko Drum Master complete with drum($10)
Metal Gear Solid teh Twin Snakes(SEALED!!!)($5)

This guy had a ton of old K-Mart Clearance items even cheaper than K-Marts clearance prices,
some still wrapped, said it was a friends who was getting out of gaming.

There were a few more tables with games but most of them were either high priced($12 apiece for old Atari stuff!!?) or just your average common games.

I about got Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for the SNES but wasnt sure if it was worth $5.[/quote]

Battletoads is actually a pretty cool on the SNES. I remember renting it back in the day. Hopefully I'll run across a copy one day!

Edit: and the cheapest price on amazon marketplace is 17.99 at the moment - damn.....!

My tale of Flea Market Woe....

Todayt IU swung by a Flea Market that I was going to go to last week but ran out of time. The guy had just gotten in a collection with multiple copys of about 200 SNES games. I hurridly ran through them, and grabbed abunch, I asked the guy if he had any Chrono trigger secret of mana, Final fantasy Mario RPG.... and he said, oh those are gone!! I should have wehnt last week!!!

I did grab

Kirby all-Star
Final Fight 3
Megaman 7

I had alot more in my hand including
Turtles in Time
Illusion of Gaia
Contra III: The Alien wars
but he was wanting $10 apiece and I didnt have enough free cash, and he wouldnt take a CIF at all. he also had a bunch of SEGACD rental units, but he was wanting $45 apiece for them and only had crappy games.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Funny you should mention Raiders. I was gonna go pick it up from a pawn monday for $3 after seeing the AVGN's review.[/quote]

I totally remember playing the Lost Ark on the NES *shudder*

I'm so sad...there was a Metal Gear Solid Documents at the Flea Market for 10 bucks. I passed up on it because of the damaged manual, but it does fetch some nice trades online...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Okay, I understand the concept of CIF, but what the hell do the letters stand for?[/quote]

CASH IN FACE!!!

Went to a flea market that I had never bee today and hit a couple pawns and thrift stores on the way. Ended up with

DS Advance Wars Dual Strike Complete - $10
PS Grandia Xtreme Complete - $10
XBX Toejam and Earl III Complete - $2.95
SNES Donkey Kong Country 2 Cart Only - $3
Sega CD Rise of the Dragon Complete - $2
TG16 Ninja Spirit Complete (No outer box) - $6
3DO Demolition Man Complete - $5
3DO Super Models Go Wild Complete (I think) - $5

And some PNT finds from this past week
NES Street Fighter 2010 The Final Fight (Cart only, always wanted to play this) - $2.70 ***EDIT*** It Stinks, who at Capcom Greenlighted this, Good thing the Street Fighter series didn't end her
SMS Outrun Complete - $2.70
SMS Quartet Complete - $2.70
SNES Pieces Cart Only (Atlus, R7 according to Digit Press) - $4.50
Sega CD Dugeon Keeper 2 Complte - $4.50
DC Tech Romancer w/ manual, missing back insert - $9

Overall a busy week, have to sell TJE3 and DK2 to recoup some money on ebay.

A few guys at the flea market here sell games, one in particular has nothing but games, movies and Dvds. He also lets you test the games as long as he has the system.

Went looking for Dreamcast games, ended up with a pretty decent deal on a couple things I wanted today:

Parasite Eve (no book, but mint)
Clock Tower (Complete, mint)
Eddie Murphy: Raw (funny stuff)

$10

He also had Starcraft 64 for 6 bucks, but I had to pass for now.

Got a complete working Dreamcast, NBA 2k1, and Sega GT for $10 from an old lady selling stuff for church.

I also passed on a Sega CDX + 32x plus 13 games (funny the games were PC-CDrom and PS1, No Genesis or Sega CD ones) for $50. I couldn't test it and it looked pretty rough.

All in all though, a good haul for today.

Today I went back to the FleaMarket that I got the SNES games from last week, I got:

(SNES)Mountain Bike Rally - They had 2, I'm going back for the other copy next tuseday!!
(SNES)Final Fight 3 - I missed this copy last week!!
(GEN)TMNT: Hyperstone Heist - semi-rare GEN game
(N64)Mario Party 2
all boxed
I tired to CIF but the guy said that SNES and Genny games are hot right now?WTF??
paid 37.49
I also got a SNES controller and a SNES mouse for .99

Before anyone says anything, I know I overpaid for the Genesis games, but I just wanted them.

Lost Vikings (cart only)-$3
Chiki Chiki Boys (cart only)-$3
Stormlord (cart only)-$3
Gunstar Hereos (complete)-$5
Wings of Wor (complete)-$5
Final Zone (complete)-$5
2 Crude Dudes (no manual)-$5
Separation Anxiety (complete)-$5
Menacer gun (with reciever & complete game)-$5
Street Fighter: the Movie (Saturn, complete)-$2
Earthworm Jim (almost sealed, top part is open)-$6
Ninja Gaiden (cart only)-$2
Ninja Gaiden 2 (cart only)-$2
Megaman 3 (cart only)-$5
Kirby 64 (cart only)-$5
Yoshi's Story (cart only)-$5

And now for the major finds...

12" Amy plush-$0.50
10" Amy plush-$1
6" Big the Cat plush-$0.50
2 foot Shadow plush-$1 (has "Genesis" written on his stomache & the mough is torn off)
Sega CDX (with bonus Super SF2 game)-$15 :whee:

I shit my pants when I saw that stuff. Then, when I saw the Amy's, I splooged everywhere.

The sad thing is I can confirm how Segasonic was when he saw the Sonic Crap, I had ran into him right afterwards. I ran into the following

Legend of Zelda NES Cart Only - $2
Sega Master System Complete w/ Hookups (threw away the AC adapter as it was falling apart - $7.50
Sega Dreamcast w/ Controller, VMU, 1st party Rumble, AV Cables and disc only Sonic Adventure - $7.50
Sonic Adventure 2 DC w/ back insert (no maunal) - $1
Fighters Megamix SAT Complete w/ bonus Virtual Fighter 2 disc only in case - $2
Gunforce SNES Cart only - $4
3 miscs CDs, Outkast (1st album and greatest hits album), Jay-Z Vol 1 IML - $6 total
PC COmplete w/ Water Damage on Box Elder Scrolls Arena - $1(!)
NIB Balrog Street Fighter Toy - $2
Comic Mister Miralce #11, Vf-NM, Jack Kirby art - $2 (great price)
Misc sport carts - $2
Star Craft 64, Cart Only - $15 (Finally!)
Thunderforce 3 GEN cart only - $3
Complete PS1 View Point (Long Box) - $3
Complete X360 Assasin's Creed - $15 (pawn)
Complete PS2 Dawn of Mana - $8 (pawn)
Complete DS Yoshi's Island - $10 (pawn)
Disc w/ back insert Apocalyspe (scratched) - .50 cents (pawn)
Saint Sword Gen w/ box, No manual - $5
Cart Only SNES Sonic Blast man II - $5 (R6)
Cart Only NES Snow Bros - $5 (R6)
Complete PSOne Fox Hunt - $5(!R8!)

Fox Hunt, Snow Bros, Sonic Blastman 2, and Saint Sword came from the same stand where SegaSonic got Gunstar Heroes and the CDX. We rock, paper, scissorsed when we got to that flea market so we wouldn't compete for finds. I lost:). The Fox Hunt was the first time I have ever seen it, I remeber Capcom promoted the crap out of it and then quitely almost cancelled it before releasing a few copies. Snow Bros was also a shocking find as I have only seen it at game store for $50 plus. We turned down some pretty hard to find/good games just because we were low on cash. All in All, it was a good flea market day and I'm glad I finally acquired Starcraft 64 on the way to work today at a flea, I have been looking for that for a long time.

Now only if I could find Snatcher.....................

Two CAG's at the same Fleamarkett is a sad thing....Thankfully the other CAG around here was unloading all his stuff at the last fleamarket so i think he is out of gaming!! yay me!!

Aside from trying to hawk off the Logitech controller I've had on my TL for the longest time for $10(but only being offered $10 in credit at the one guys overpriced stand or $5 cash) and trying to unload one of my HD-DVD drives there as well, I thought I was going to have a crappy day at the flea market.

That was, until I stopped a stand where they were selling DVD's(some still sealed) for between $5-10 each. Some were still sealed(like a copy of Click I happened across, but didn't buy) and some were available both sealed and open/mint(The Godfather, sealed for $10, open/mint for $6).

I ended up not picking up anything until I walked around the rest of the flea market and happened to re-check the one stack of sealed movies. In that stack, I found a sealed copy of Beyond The Mat(Unrated version) on DVD for $6. I tried to CIF for either $4 or $5, but the guy was firm on the price, so I came back a bit later and agreed to the price since I've wanted it on DVD for a while.

I have it on VHS already, but I haven't used my VCR in forever, so I figured I might as well pick it up. It looked like it was heat sealed(crimped on both ends), but the seal on the top of the dvd case was intact with no crimps or marks. But, being the stickler I am about getting stuff complete, I cracked it open after paying the guy, to make sure the disc was in there.

Thankfully, it was, but I wanted to make sure.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! The CDX I bought won't spin! It plays the Genesis games fine but it dosnt spin the discs at all! Guess I have to pay $20 to get it fixed then :(

Thats what I told him. I figured the guy knew something was wrong as his games were marked at prices that denoted he knew something of value (or his kid did). He just seemed willing to part with things cheap, Fox Hunt was marked at $15 (I would have payed that) and he is the one who said $5 apiece. We have a dude in town who will fix it for $15-$30, which still makes it a reasonable price and you know it won't break on you randomly.

So do you guys hangout or something? That seems cool, but i know if I were you I would be fighting over the great finds.

We ran into each other at one and went to the other. He paid me $5 for gas and we rock-paper-scissored who got the first deal that we both went for. We'll take turns from there.

Just saw View Point is a R7. Never played it and always wanted to.

Ok, so that CDX dosnt spin until there's a Genesis game in there. When there's on in, it starts to spin but stops. So, what? It only wants to play one if there's a Genny game in there but when there's not it dosnt even try? What a piece of shit thing to do. Should I still take it for repairs or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: By the way, that Stormlord game sucks monkey fuck. Gunstar was good, Vikings is OK, but confusing. I haven't tried the rest yet

[quote name='Otherguy676']Went to a flea market that I had never bee
NES Street Fighter 2010 The Final Fight (Cart only, always wanted to play this) - $2.70 ***EDIT*** It Stinks, who at Capcom Greenlighted this, Good thing the Street Fighter series didn't end her[/quote]

I remember wanting that game, until I found out it wasn't part of the Street Fighter series. It's a completely different game.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Ok, so that CDX dosnt spin until there's a Genesis game in there. When there's on in, it starts to spin but stops. So, what? It only wants to play one if there's a Genny game in there but when there's not it dosnt even try? What a piece of shit thing to do. Should I still take it for repairs or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: By the way, that Stormlord game sucks monkey fuck. Gunstar was good, Vikings is OK, but confusing. I haven't tried the rest yet[/quote]

Lost Vikings is a good game, albeit repetitive, since you have to scout ahead and then go back to get the appropriate Viking for the obstacles/traps ahead. I played through part of it, then I got tired of the game.

If you ever find a game called Zombies Ate My Neighbors though, get that immediately, since it's a FUN, FUN game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
If you ever find a game called Zombies Ate My Neighbors though, get that immediately, since it's a FUN, FUN game.[/quote]
Ya, I know. I have it for Genesis & it is awesome. I never beat it though.

I did back in the day. I played through it with a friend of mine and we had a blast playing it. Another gem to look for, if you don't already have it is General Chaos. The one local shop has a cart only copy for $5, but I doubt I'd ever play it with how infrequently I play my older gen stuff.

Atari 7800 System Only
Super Mario World x2
Bubble Bobble
Rock N Roll
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl

$15

I think the IAP of the 7800 was $15. I also picked out these 6 games and offered $15 which was taken. As I was buying this stuff an older guy walking by asked about the game thing I got the other day as he recognized me from the yardsale I got the Arch Rivals arcade machine at.

I have a few 7800 games I picked up at a yardsale 2 years ago and some controllers I got at the flea market last year so I only need to track down a power adaptor and I'll be set if the system works.

Toughman Contest (Genesis)
Alisia Dragoon (Genesis)
Jack Nicholas Golf (SNES)
American Gladiators (SNES)
Sim City Manual
T2 Judgement Day Box Manual
NBA Jam T.E. Box And Manual

$2

All four games and the Sim City manual were in rental cases not pictured. Wanted .50 for each game and they gave me the other stuff when I pointed out that the games were missing.

Here is a pic of my haul, minus the consoles and Arena

And this one is for Segasonic, this is before I got the 4th one

Update
Here is a partial 6/7 Flea Market Finds. I felt kind of weird buying the AO game/movie. Anyone ever seen that game/movie before?

Well, I guess I'll have to hit the Flea Market late. It rained until about 8:15 today so I am gonna wait till 9:15 to go. Either there will be no vendors there or I will be the only shopper :D

Obviously rain dosnt stop sellers at Fleas. I got there late expecting them to be late as well because of the rain, but they were all out & ready. I picked up these:

Gradius 3 (SNES, cart)-$2
Railroad Tycoon (PS1, complete)-$3 down from $5
ORiginal Gameboy (looks brand new, all covers) with Tetris-$5
Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie VHS-$1
Nintendo Cassette Tape player (new in box)-$4 down from $5

^ ya here they let the games sit out and get soaked. I found some sweet games once, but the labes were all warped, and the seller wouldnt lower his price.

I took some shitty pics of my finds. Can somebody please tell me something about this Nintendo tape player? Is it rare? How much is it worth?

sonicmov.jpg

nintape.jpg

I found four games on my flea market venture today;

The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse (SNES)-$5
Wild Arms II (PSX)-$10
Munch's oddysee-$5
Sonic Adventure II battle-$5

I think I am going to buy a Neo Geo CD Rom this weekend at a Flea. They had it at $140, have it down to $120 with a game and Arcade Stick (and 2 regular controllers). Im going to try to get them to throw in everything they have for $120 (extra arcade stick, 5 more games). Anyone think this is a good deal?

Today, I picked up 30 anime DVD's, Wario's Woods(SNES), Super Mario Kart(SNES), Trutles in Time(SNES), Hero w/manual(2600)(R5), Rubick's Cube w/manual(2600)(R8), Oink w/manual(2600)(R3), Towering Inferno w/manual(2600)(R3). I also got the comic books that came with the first 2 swordquest games. All this for $40 from 2 fleamarkets.

I also found Fatal Frame(PS2) at a local store for 7.99(free from trades)

^ Awesome! But a flea market that's open Tuesdays? The one I always to go is open Mondays & Fridays but I doubt I'd find anything gaming related...

These are some weird fleamarkets, we have some here that are once a month, and then afew that are open 7 days a week, they are usualy jsut glorified garagesales, people bring stuff in a get cash, then they resell it.

One of these places is known for giving good money for games so they get great stuff in all the time, but it is priced so high I only buy if it is good stuff, I have seen CDx's, Nintendo test carts, Tons of rare games, ect... there.

Bases Loaded 3 - $1
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat - $1
Mario Tennis (Complete) (GBC) - $4
Beyond the Mat-Special Edition (Unrated) (VHS) - .50

Asking price for the games IIRC was 2, 2, 5. Beyond the Mat's IAP was .50 and obviously isn't gaming related but I figured I'd throw it in the picture since I really didn't have much to show from this past Sunday. I haven't seem the one guy that (used to?) sell at this flea market this year and it's probably because of gas since he lives almost 2 hours away which is too bad as I've bought a healthy amount of games from him that I haven't seen anywhere else in the wild around me over the last few years and on days like this that I see little to nothing new from other sellers I would always be able to buy a few games from said seller to make the lesser days more worthwhile. I think this flea market may die from the gas prices in 2 or so years if gas keeps going up. In previous years on a nice day all or most of the tables would be taken, this year even on a perfect day it seems as if 20-25% of the tables are empty.

[quote name='Otherguy676']
[/quote]
Jesus.
Is there a story behind this? I checked the last page and searched earthbound in the thread, but saw nothing.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Here is a pic of my haul, minus the consoles and Arena

And this one is for Segasonic, this is before I got the 4th one

[/QUOTE]

Sweet Jesus. I envy you. I really wish I could find a complete copy that didnt cost me a large amount of money. :(

Earth bound story,

1st complete one is the one I got when it came out

2nd copy (cart only) from a pawn about 12-18 months ago, got it for $3
3rd copy about 8 months ago at a flea, this was the other complete one, $20 at flea
4th copy (not shown), same flea at the SAME stand 2 weeks later after I got the third, cart only, $15

Not much of a story, the last two were hilarious thought because they were litterally back to back visits at the same guy's stand. The previous visit I got a Final Fantasy VII for $7. I can find Earthbounds but I can never find Ogre Battle, Persona 1 etc.

The really sad thing about all this is that I dont think Earthbound is that great a game, played through it once and that was more than enough IMO

Ill post all 4 later for anyone who want to see them. Im sitting on them for when I need money during law school or if someone offers me an amazing deal for a complete Snatcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back