The Flea Market Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the fleas today.. only real thing I found was a copy of CV:portrait of Ruin for DS.

Went to the Eisenhower Flea Market today and gave the one guy's booth another try.. last time he was overpriced and really talked too much as if he knew games.. this was no different, even worse today.. some gems :

"We have every system in stock, even the ones you dont know about"

"We have Chrono Trigger 2 for Super Famicom!"

[quote name='HayakawaKen']Went to the fleas today.. only real thing I found was a copy of CV:portrait of Ruin for DS.

Went to the Eisenhower Flea Market today and gave the one guy's booth another try.. last time he was overpriced and really talked too much as if he knew games.. this was no different, even worse today.. some gems :

"We have every system in stock, even the ones you dont know about"

"We have Chrono Trigger 2 for Super Famicom!"

Shinobi III: Return of The Ninja Master (Boxed) - $1
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko - $2
Fable (Complete With Bonus DVD) - $3

Shinobi was asking price. I saw an N64 with a game in it which ended up being Gex 3. Guy said $20 when I picked it up then $15 when I was sour towards the price. I politely said that I was mostly just interested in the game and wasen't looking to spend that much for an extra system then he offered to sell me the game for $2 which was good enough for me. The system was about as dirty as I've ever seen an N64 and one of the flaps were the game goes had trouble closing right when I took the game out. Fable from a regular seller, was $5 I offered $2 which was countered with $3.

Non Find BS
Didn't go to the flea market last week since it was cloudy and still wet out from raining overnight/early morning.

Only interesting crap this week was a seller with a ton of games mostly last gen PS2/Xbox and a good number of PS1 games. Nothing I was interested in and the inserts looked really bad on many of the games, water damage from moisture or something of the likes. I ended up BSing with the guy for a few only to find out that many of these games (namely the water damaged) he bought from the yardsale I've been to over the last few years in my town, the sale I got Winning Post for the Saturn at this year. This guy must have been cleaning up at the end of the sale as I got some pretty good stuff in past years so he must have picked up a bunch of ok to dreck games cheap to try and resell.

Hey guys. I had an interesting find at the flea market last week. Nothing worth taking pics over though. I'm walking around the stalls checking out the stuff when my girlfriend yanks on my arm hard and points to a bunch of DS games that say $0.50 each. I thought this had to be to good to be true, sadly it was. They were just empty cases... until I realize most of the games (which were 1st party Nintendo games) still had their manuals and importantly their registration codes (gotta love Club Nintendo)! I asked how much for all the cases and she says $3 for 15 cases. I figured it would be worth the gamble. I get home and start registering the codes. In the end, my gamble got me more the 300 Nintendo points and gold status. woot. Also have a bunch of cases to fill up with cheaper loose carts. *Looks at Professor Layton*

normal flea market finds:
Picked up Boy and His Blob (NES), Little Nemo the Dream Master (NES), Dragon Spirit (NES), Bart vs the Space Mutants (NES), Super Game Boy player, and the N64 game case/drawer for $22. Also picked up the Nights into Dreams demo (sadly not Christmas Nights) for $0.50

Hit the flea for the first time in a while, finds all over the map

Resident Evil DC Complete GH - .25
Metal Gear Solid Discs only in a different game case - .25
Madd Rapper CD (hard to find CD, early Eminem and 50 Cent song) - $1 (worth about $10)
Tokyo Pop Bouncer soundtrack - $1

Find of the day is I impulsed bought 4 Eminem / D12 vinyls for .50 cents apiece, turns out I got "Straight from the Lab" and that its very rare and is a $50 plus vinyl ($65 for the one on ebay right now)

Not bad, starting to go game hunting again, have basically been inactive for almost a year and a half, other recent game finds recently have been

Arcana Heart Complete PS2 - $10 (dont know if its scarce but havent seen one in awhile)
God of War III PS3 Complete - $12.50
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Ultimate All Stars Wii (missing manual) - $12.50
Valkyrie Profile PSOne Complete - $10
Super Mario Kart DD NGC (missing manual) - $5
Some miscellaneous Complete PS2 / XBX / PSP / NGC games for .50 cents - $1 apiece (a few pawns are unloading them)

Im starting to slowly get back into game hunting, close to finishing law school now and looking for hard to find games to make a quick buck has lost its meaning so for the first time in a long while I've started to look for games I want and trading away the scarce games I find instead of hoarding them. I still have way too many copies of certain games.

I picked up these games today for just under $20 total.
All complete and with the right discs :)

img5830.jpg

if you don't mind me asking Kiribee are you located in the greater los angeles area?
as in Los Angles County/ Orange County?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (No Manual) - $3
Contra: Legacy of War & Tiny Toon Adventures: Plucky's Big Adventure - $2
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - Mega Man X

Star Wars from a regular, $5 took $3. The Playstation games from another regular, were asking a buck each. I was asked about Mega Man X from yet another regular a few weeks back and I happened to find one while yardsaling last weekend which I traded to him for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!.

[quote name='kiribee']I picked up these games today for just under $20 total.
All complete and with the right discs :)

img5830.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Lol at your cat he wanted to be in the photo as a pickup to.

Never get to post since i am a mailman and usually always work on Saturdays but today i went to a small flea market and came across a great load of PS1 RPGS...the guy wanted $10 for the Lunars and $5 each on the rest...both Lunars seem complete and even the paper wrapping is still on the medallion...most of the discs are in great shape so for $90 i got the following

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II:drool:
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier 2 (missing back cover)
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

very curious to see how much i can make from these
20100926161358931.jpg

I went to a further off flea market today, but as usual most of the sellers are resellers who price stuff to Ebay standards. I bs'ed with the one seller today for like half an hour and he told me he's from up in my area. The other seller who's normally there was closed until October 9th.

All in all, both game sellers had pretty meh prices. The guy I talked to had two copies of The Guy Game for the original Xbox marked $25 each. Only other higher priced one he had was Champions: Return To Arms, which he wanted $23 or so for I think.

Other than that there was nothing there, except for A LOT of people selling copied games/movies.

[quote name='Jedi1979']Never get to post since i am a mailman and usually always work on Saturdays but today i went to a small flea market and came across a great load of PS1 RPGS...the guy wanted $10 for the Lunars and $5 each on the rest...both Lunars seem complete and even the paper wrapping is still on the medallion...most of the discs are in great shape so for $90 i got the following

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Honestly you have a few hundred worth of games right there! Id have killed to found those and not even for resell, just to replace what I had to sell whenever my wife got sick awhile back and I needed to pay hospital bills! Just to give a rough estimate from last I saw them.

Lunar $45-$60
Lunar 2 $40-$60
Suikoden $15-$20
Suikoden II:drool: $70-$120(market really varies on this game)
Persona 2 $50ish
Final Fantasy VII $30-$50
Tales of Destiny $35-$50
Legend of Mana $20ish
Alundra 2 $5-$10ish
Silent Hill No clue
Saga Frontier cant recall but I believe around $10
Saga Frontier 2 (missing back cover) same as first
Breath of Fire IV Think around $20-$30
Hoshigami No clue
Chrono Cross $20ish
Parasite Eve $20ish

[quote name='Jedi1979']Never get to post since i am a mailman and usually always work on Saturdays but today i went to a small flea market and came across a great load of PS1 RPGS...the guy wanted $10 for the Lunars and $5 each on the rest...both Lunars seem complete and even the paper wrapping is still on the medallion...most of the discs are in great shape so for $90 i got the following

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, everytime i look at this post I am amazed, What metro region is this?

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If I were beside you I'd have a car alarm and throw pennies at you and say 'you just hit the jackpot mofo!' Daniel Tosh-style :lol:

You made out like a bandit, man

Awesome day today!

Einhander (disc only)
Command & Conquor (ps1)
RE Directors Cut
$10 for all

Mario Party 1, 2, 3
Mario 64
Smash Bros
Paper Mario
Mario KArt 64
$30 for all. I overpaid but she wouldnt budge

Gamecube w/ screen & battery (no power brick)-$5

Gotcha! (NES, complete)-$3
Talking Sonic Adventure figure-$3 (these go on Ebay for $40+ if it works & I can clean it)
Mario 3-$3

All the Marios & PS1s except Einhander are going to PnT for Castlevania when it comes out tuesday. If I get at least $50 for the Marios i'll be happy :)

[quote name='Segasonic01']Awesome day today!

Einhander (disc only)
Command & Conquor (ps1)
RE Directors Cut
$10 for all

Mario Party 1, 2, 3
Mario 64
Smash Bros
Paper Mario
Mario KArt 64
$30 for all. I overpaid but she wouldnt budge

Gamecube w/ screen & battery (no power brick)-$5

Gotcha! (NES, complete)-$3
Talking Sonic Adventure figure-$3 (these go on Ebay for $40+ if it works & I can clean it)
Mario 3-$3

All the Marios & PS1s except Einhander are going to PnT for Castlevania when it comes out tuesday. If I get at least $50 for the Marios i'll be happy :)[/QUOTE]

Overpaid you serious?

[quote name='Segasonic01']

All the Marios & PS1s except Einhander are going to PnT for Castlevania when it comes out tuesday. If I get at least $50 for the Marios i'll be happy :)[/QUOTE]

You do know that their trade in values are pretty pitiful compared to what you can get on eBay, right? It's not that hard to list something and ship it out. You can probably get $60 just for the three Mario Party games on eBay.

Just an example, RE: DC (PS1) is in their POS system for $7.99, so it likely only trades for $2 - $3. You could sell it on eBay for $16 easily. It's just lazy to not sell online when there is that huge of a difference between the amount you could make.

I trade at PnT cuz I love the store & I am friends with people working there so I dont mind taking a ~$15 hit to help them out. I traded the Marios already & got $70 in cred.

And yes, i overpaid imo. For me, spending more than $3 on any Sega/NES/SNES/64 game is overpaying, unless it's like Stadium Events or something.

I ended up keeping RE: DC cuz they only give $2 for it, so I firgured I'd trade it on here. If anyone has a GC power supply & needs RE: DC (mint/complete) plmk ;-)

went back to same flea market today and saw the same guy there again with same games left over except this time he had the Arc the Lad collection and a stack of guides...i picked some up but i wasnt too sure on the guides and the condition of them are used to very well used so i passed on some, he was asking $4 each for guides...

Guides
Chrono Trigger (some pages were stapled back in)
Secret of Mana
Suikoden II
Suikoden IV
Super Mario RPG SNES
Saga Frontier
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Final Fantasy VII

games
Azure Dreams
Arc the Lad collection complete
Legend of Dragoon

20101003150503573.jpg

20101003150311140.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Already posted this in the yard sale thread, but since it's flea related...

Decided to hit the Pevely flea market for the first time. Ended up spending all thee took except $2.

Got:
Snack Hound ceramic dachshund. Has 5 segments. Made in Japan. - $2
Travel Scrabble. Wife wanted for a project. -$5

The big score...
111 vinyl records. Condition varies from 3/10 to sealed. Many iconic albums from Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Eagles, 3 Dog Night, Rush, and more. Sealed ones were Disney compilations. Very cool. Was originally interested in a few @ $1 each. Someone said $15 takes them all. We only had $13, so she took $12. Nice instant vinyl collection. Just need to keep my eyes peeled for something to play them on!

10 2600 Games & Some Manuals, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II (PS2, Complete) & Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories (PS1, Complete) - $5
ClayFighter & Mercs (Complete & Cart Only) - $2

This stuff was from the first flea market I went to. I was interested in the 2600 stuff and BG;DA II this was from the same guy that remembers me from the N64 stuff & Saturn system only etc. He said he'd make me a deal when he noticed me looking at the stuff. He ended up saying $10 then I said I was thinking $5 and asked about meeting in the middle and I agreed his counter of $7. He ended up saying $5 would be ok and asked me if I had a use for the lone PS1 game he wanted rid of which he added in. The 6 games in the second row I got from him along with Asteroids, Crystal Castles, Seaquest & Super Breakout which ain't pictured for reasons to be. One table had a few Genesis games which were a buck each and I picked out two and got the Sonic Spinball case and manual for free when the game was noticed to be missing.

Taboo: The Sixth Sense - $3
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Disc Only) - $1
Dolphin, Millipede, Sky Jinks & Winter Games - 4 2600 Dupes I Mentioned From The Last Find

Only ended up buying & trading from 1 seller at the second flea market I went to. Most of the games were $3 or 2 for $5. I picked out Taboo & 3 2600 games and offered $6 (would have been $10 at asking) to which I was told that 2 for $5 was the best that could be done and I politely said I have a hard time paying more then a buck per a 2600 game. I ended up going with Taboo still and finding Crash in a dollar bin. BSing with the guy I ended up asking if trading was of interest to him which was. I picked out the 4 2600 games I got and offered 6 games to him (Berserk & Astroblast also) but he said a 4:4 trade would be ok and gave me back the two games I just mentioned.

Non Find BS -
The BG;DA II+ find I was also interested in a Wireless Logitech Xbox controller but it was with a system and games not to be parted I even tried offering in an extra $5 for it but not to be. Oddly enough while this guy is nice and has given me some great deals on older stuff he mentioned how he looked it up and that it was worth $75 (I just double checked and it looks like they are selling for about $20 shipped or a hair more on eBay). I think he was miss informed (Amazon perhaps?) and wasen't trying to fool me into paying some over the top price.

The guy I traded with wasen't a regular at the second flea market I only go to a few times a year, he was actually visiting family nearby and has a store he runs which was how I came up with the idea of a trade.

Grandia II In Jewel Case (PC) - $1
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Cart Only, Rough Shape) - $2

Both Asking price with Zelda being from a regular.

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude, Nice haul!

Beginning of this year, I listed each of them on eBay at a high price ($50-$100 more than others) but I did managed to sell all of them at that price. It took me several months to have them all sold though. Also, having excellent feedbacks (500+ 100% feedback), taking great large photos, and writing detail descriptions really help.

Lunar 2 (BIN $99.99)
Suikoden I & II (Together BIN $299.99)
Final Fantasy VII (BIN $99.99)
Tales of Destiny 1 & 2 (Together BIN $149.99)
Saga Frontier 1 & 2 (Together BIN $99.99)
Parasite Eve 1 & 2 (Together BIN $149.99)
Others (Megan Man X Collection & Legends, Final Fantasy, Intelligent Qube, etc.) ($100-$200 BIN each)

Playstation 2 System With Power Cord (Marked Parts Only) - $2
Caesar's Palace 2000 & Sim City 2000 (PS1, No Manual & Disc Only) - $1

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2, Complete)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Xbox PH, Complete)

$5

Battleclash (SNES, Complete)
Combat Cars (Genesis, No Manual)
Keystone Kapers (2600, Cart Only)

$5

Broken PS2 was asking price. PS1 stuff I got from a regular for the case and was asking price, Sim City 2000 was in the case also. Last gen games were $5 each from another regular took $5 for both. 3 carts from yet another regular, Keystone Kapers a buck, Combat Cars was either 2 or 3 and Battleclash was 3 (or maybe 5) I started out offering $3 for all three and got them for $5. The last two games I got last week (2 and 1) and I just added them into the picture since I didn't bother last week.

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This haul is full of so much WIN.

Got Final Fantasy X for $4 complete (GH Version)
and eyetoy play for $5, not the best price, but they are the top video game stand in the flea and the guy put it on the buffer which is a $500 machine for free.

I found a box full of CIB 2600 games yesterday at the Flea Market. Two problems: The guy who had them is a major league a hole I don't like to buy from. And he had treated them like crap. They were crushed and ripped.

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice score. It looks like my collection without the green label game. lol

Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2, No Manual) - $3
4 Switch 2600 With AC Adaptor, 2 Joysticks, 4 NES Controllers, Some Random EA Games Plug & Play, Wireless NES Controller & 8 2600 Commons In A Book Thing That Holds 8 Games - $10
NES Dust Covers & Plastic Case, Sonic Chaos & Robocop 3 (Game Gear With Cases) - 3.50
Mario Power Tennis Hammer - .25
Sonic The Hedgehog VHS Tape (Sealed) - .25

Castle Shikigami 2 was 4 dollars offered 3 pointing out no manual. The Atari no price and said to make an offer, I looked it over seeing it at least looked ok and included a power supply and said I'd give them $10 which was taken easily enough to make me think I should have offerd $5 like I would have in the same situration at a yardsale. The Game Gear games were asking $2 each I said I was thinking a buck each and offered to meet in the middle and the other misc stuff with them was offered in for .50 more. The last two quarter items were asking price.

Gauntlet Legends - $5
Indiana Jones, Super Bros 3 & Super Mario World - $10
Resident Evil 3 With Dino Crisis Demo (PS1, Complete) - $5

This stuff was all from the alternate flea market that I typically go to a few times every year. The $5 games were asking price and the 3 others were $4 each or 3 for $10.

Castle Shikigami 2 - I knew it was rather cheap at Gamestop and that I wasen't getting much of a "deal" but I didn't realize that I actually paid about the same price they sell it for (I would have guessed it was 5.99, seeing it's 3.99)

Atari Bundle - I actually saw this at the last table on my way around the outside part of the flea market so if I would have did my route in reverse it would have been my first table, it usually seems my luck with this at the flea market or yardsales that I don't get to the sales that has (or had) what I'm interested in till 11. Said that people asked about the Atari and they were all asked to make an offer on it which I guess scared them off.

Not much else at the regular flea market but one thing I'll mention is I saw (nicely displayed I'll add) a boxed 2600 with 3 games (Pac-Man, Eggmania and a mattel game I can't remember) with a joystick or two, paddle controller & tracking ball. I didn't notice a AC Adaptor which might have been in the box. Sign by the system that said $50 firm. Nothing I don't have but the box and tracking ball color were different then what I have.

I saw a guy talking to the folks I bought the Game Gear games & misc stuff from and even was talking to him while I was dealing with them, it even seemed as if he was partly helping out with selling or at least knew them as I was walking around a bit and noticed as I came back around that he was still talking to them. Fast foward to shortly after I get to the second flea market and I saw him at the table I got 3 games from and you could say he was a step ahead of me at this point and actually noticed me first as he saw me coming and made a comment to the seller about how this guy will be interested in the games (or something of the likes can't remember exactly what he said) he was actually finishing up buying some games and I even made a comment about Act Raiser 2 which he was buying. He had some of the better picks, Adventures of Lolo, one of the NES Zelda games, Kung Fu Heroes and a complete Paperboy for NES games that I noticed and I actually asked what other SNES games he got that I didn't see and it was Super Ghouls & Ghosts and Super Punch-Out!! nothing I'm beating myself up over for being slow and just missing for 3.xx since I didn't need anything for my personal collection.

After this guy left I was talking to the guy and his son who were selling this stuff, they had about 50 NES games, 50 PS2 games, then about a dozen SNES and 10 Colecovision games (this sets a record for me, the few times I've seen Colecovision games in the wild it's alway a game or two and usually with some 2600 games) for all of the games they were selling for $4 or 3 for $10. Some good NES games in the mix but common stuff (Metal Gear, Bionic Commando, Castlevania being some of the better games I recall off the top of my head) I didn't see any Colecovion games I needed either with the only oddball being the frech version of Smurfs. BSing about the games it seems as if they had video games taking up too much room in the attic (according to the wife) and that they may even have more stuff (I'm guessing from other systems) that are going to get thinned out of the heard.

Found some pretty cool stuff this weekend

chronotrigger.jpg

Chrono Trigger-$4
Tom & Jerry-$2

Metal Gear figures MOC (Camo snake, Psycho Mantis, Meryl)-$9 for all 3

Star Wars Storybook 45's (Empre still sealed)-$1 for all 3

Persona Revelations-$50 (I'm ashamed of myself for breaking my own golden rule & paying more than $10 for a game at a flea market, but I've been looking for it for a while)

Passed on an Alundra guide for $2. Will prolly go back for it next weekend

My dad asked me to drive him to the flea market today (my dad's in wheel chair and doesn't drive, so today was a day to load him in the van so he could get out and do stuff..flea market, good will, lunch...quality time with pop) Anyway, the wednesday flea market is kinda dieing down, most vendors are headed north for the summer, but I had my first ever Neo Geo find in the wild! It was on a table run by a elderly couple and I almost overlooked it, as it was lined up next to a bunch of VHS movies. I picked it up and asked the guy how much. He had no idea what it was, and said if I'd tell him what it was I could have it for $3. I told him: 'it's a game'. His wife chimed in and said she thought it was a chinese movie with all the funny writing on it...too funny. Anyway, I happily paid them $3, and asked them if they had any more like this. The lady went through all the boxes of VHS asking me about every oversized vhs movie...nope, no others. The guy said it came in a box of movies and other stuff.
Oh well, nothing spectacular; Fire Suplex (which is 3 count bout in the states) but it was still a rush finding a neo home cart in the wild.

IMG_1613.jpg

Fire Emblem (VHS, Sealed) - .50
Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie (VHS, Sealed) x2 - .50
GameShark For GB, GBP & GBC (Sealed) - $3

Slow day not even going to bother with a picture, everything was asking price.

I had a negative flea market find today. :cry: *rant warning* I went to a permanent stand within the flea market's building nothing usually good in here. At the little video game stand I found a loose copy of Power Stone 2. I asked the guy how much he wanted (preparing for the worst) but he offered to sell it for $2! Awesome! gave him my money and the game was mine. Looked through the rest of the stand and I eventually found the case for Power Stone 2. I asked if I could just take it. He then said he would have to ask his wife about that. wtf. He then tried to give me back my $2 so he could take the game to his wife. I saw through his ploy and told him that the game was mine now and I would be keeping it. 2 seconds later this b*tch of a trex lady storms and looks like she is going to kill me and more so her husband for selling this game for $2 (did i mention they are trying to sell a boxed copy of Majora's Mask for $75?). She kept saying that the game wasn't for sale and that she needed it back. she was literally turning red. I told her the transaction had already taken place and I would give them $5 for the case. lol. She started storming at me. i could not run away with the game since I was cornered in their stand. I didn't want my eyes clawed out so I handed over the game and got my $2 back. The guy offered to give me a free game for my troubles, so I took Billy Hatcher and left after saying a few choice words.:roll: *lesson of the day* Thoroughly explores stands before paying and have escape routes planned.

[quote name='kermit036']I had a negative flea market find today. :cry: *rant warning* I went to a permanent stand within the flea market's building nothing usually good in here. At the little video game stand I found a loose copy of Power Stone 2. I asked the guy how much he wanted (preparing for the worst) but he offered to sell it for $2! Awesome! gave him my money and the game was mine. Looked through the rest of the stand and I eventually found the case for Power Stone 2. I asked if I could just take it. He then said he would have to ask his wife about that. wtf. He then tried to give me back my $2 so he could take the game to his wife. I saw through his ploy and told him that the game was mine now and I would be keeping it. 2 seconds later this b*tch of a trex lady storms and looks like she is going to kill me and more so her husband for selling this game for $2 (did i mention they are trying to sell a boxed copy of Majora's Mask for $75?). She kept saying that the game wasn't for sale and that she needed it back. she was literally turning red. I told her the transaction had already taken place and I would give them $5 for the case. lol. She started storming at me. i could not run away with the game since I was cornered in their stand. I didn't want my eyes clawed out so I handed over the game and got my $2 back. The guy offered to give me a free game for my troubles, so I took Billy Hatcher and left after saying a few choice words.:roll: *lesson of the day* Thoroughly explores stands before paying and have escape routes planned.[/QUOTE]

You should have called the cops. She basically threatened you into turning over property that was now legally yours, which would get her a few criminal charges and most likely thrown out of the flea market.

EDIT: I would also contact the people that operate the flea market and file a formal complaint about one of their tenants, saying that you were sold an item, and then upon realizing their mistake, they threatened physical harm if you didn't return it to them.

[quote name='sp00ge']You should have called the cops. She basically threatened you into turning over property that was now legally yours, which would get her a few criminal charges and most likely thrown out of the flea market.

EDIT: I would also contact the people that operate the flea market and file a formal complaint about one of their tenants, saying that you were sold an item, and then upon realizing their mistake, they threatened physical harm if you didn't return it to them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, get them booted out of the market. People are a little ridiculous.

I would spend all my free time standing outside their stand telling everyone that passed or entered about what they did to you. Some people may not care about your story but there are some people that would not shop with them out of principle.

Hit them where it hurts, the pocketbook.

Next time it happens. Scream LOUD and CRAZILY. Even say HELPPP RAPPPEEE!!

It'll get other peoples attention and they will back off of you if they care for their well-being.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will definitely try calling the people running the flea market to see if we can get them kicked out. Or at least set up a booth next to them and severally undersell their crappy over priced games. haha

Complete copy of Castlevania for the NES $8!! Box and plastic and eveyrhting, the game itself is a bit torn on the sticker, but the game itself is easy enough to replace, glad I could find the other goodies.

Went to a flea market in a neigboring town about 30 mins away. Didnt find shit. Stopped at one of my regulars on the way back & bought a Mario Kart telephone for $20. One guy had an Atari 7800 with game but wanted $50. I offered $35 & he said $50 firm. He had a kid with him and he reeked of weed...

[quote name='kermit036']I had a negative flea market find today. :cry: *rant warning* I went to a permanent stand within the flea market's building nothing usually good in here. At the little video game stand I found a loose copy of Power Stone 2. I asked the guy how much he wanted (preparing for the worst) but he offered to sell it for $2! Awesome! gave him my money and the game was mine. Looked through the rest of the stand and I eventually found the case for Power Stone 2. I asked if I could just take it. He then said he would have to ask his wife about that. wtf. He then tried to give me back my $2 so he could take the game to his wife. I saw through his ploy and told him that the game was mine now and I would be keeping it. 2 seconds later this b*tch of a trex lady storms and looks like she is going to kill me and more so her husband for selling this game for $2 (did i mention they are trying to sell a boxed copy of Majora's Mask for $75?). She kept saying that the game wasn't for sale and that she needed it back. she was literally turning red. I told her the transaction had already taken place and I would give them $5 for the case. lol. She started storming at me. i could not run away with the game since I was cornered in their stand. I didn't want my eyes clawed out so I handed over the game and got my $2 back. The guy offered to give me a free game for my troubles, so I took Billy Hatcher and left after saying a few choice words.:roll: *lesson of the day* Thoroughly explores stands before paying and have escape routes planned.[/QUOTE]

Colored the part of the story where you were supposed to leave. ;) Unless you're asking for games that aren't already out on the table, the seller calling for a lifeline is almost always a harbinger of ill-fortune.

[quote name='nas6034']Next time it happens. Scream LOUD and CRAZILY. Even say HELPPP RAPPPEEE!!

It'll get other peoples attention and they will back off of you if they care for their well-being.[/QUOTE]

Screaming rape when not being raped is a pretty despicable thing to do. Just screaming would have the same effect.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']screaming rape when not being raped is a pretty despicable thing to do. Just screaming would have the same effect.[/quote]

stranger danger!

I am not sure what you could do at the flea market about that but I would take the route suggested and call the flea and complain about the tenants. They may listen they may not listen but its important to register the complaint as if they get many complaints about the vendor they may kick them out.

If someone ever threatened me like that I would probably just call the police right there, if they get that mad at someone for something like that, that was clearly their mistake they have something wrong with them. Its very possible you could have just been an average customer who didn't know the game's value who just wanted the game. Its just a game disc after all.

Also if you see flash carts or pirated games at their booth you could simply call the police on them for that, or if they are selling modded Xbox's with preloaded games. This would be a good way to get back at them if you don't get anywhere with complaining about the original incident. The police here have removed vendors from the flea for selling bootleg goods so I assume they would do it for your market as well. I am only mentioning this because all of those things go on at the fleamarket I go to and might be going on at yours as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back