The GameQuest Direct Reprints Thread - Fatal Frame 2 & 3 (PS2) Confirmed - FF2 $30 AC

[quote name='flow.of.soul']psh why would they reprint stuff from this gen. (new gen is this gen ppl get over it). they would not even get the lisence to print in because its already being printed. If anyone can find a game from this gen thats not on 360 ill give u teh gold star[/quote]
holdit.gif

[quote name='Doomed']Not about reprints, but selling a few Wii launch games at $20 or so would get my monies. They are selling Wing Island at $20 now, it's not too big of a stretch...[/quote]
takethat.gif

There's a shitload of games not on 360. Only a few good ones on Wii/PS3, (not sure you're counting DS/PSP too) but still...what are you smoking? There are exlusives...

[quote name='refusedchaos']id say getting a reprint of all the rarest rpgs (ie suikoden I & II, Lunar 1 & 2, Tales of Destiny I & 2) has the same chances as Namco-Bandai continuing the 9 part series of Xenosaga....we have a better chance of them getting released on current and next gen consoles than a reprint[/QUOTE]

i thought i heard part 3 of xenosaga was the end. it was to have more parts but how badly the game was selling they just wrapped it up at 3

[quote name='Doomed']
holdit.gif

takethat.gif

There's a shitload of games not on 360. Only a few good ones, but still...what are you smoking? There are exlusives...[/quote]

hum.. since the US is being run with Mexicans ill post the rest of this is spanish

No estoy fumando cualquier cosa. Soy demostración justa mi punto de vista pero estás a ignorante. Y a propósito dije no 360. Y no estoy fumando cualquier cosa si cualquier persona es el fumar su tú. Va tan el dado en un agujero o algo.

now korean

아무것도가 나에 의하여 연기가 나고 있지 않다. 나는 정당한 전시 나의 관점이다 그러나 당신은 무지한에 이다. 그리고 그런데 나는 360를 아닙니다 말했다. 그리고 누군가가 그것 연기가 나는 당신인 경우에 아무것도가 나에 의하여 연기가 나고 있지 않다. 이렇게 거푸집은 구멍 무언가에 있는 간다.

and lets end with japasinse

私は何も煙らしていない。 私は公正な提示私の視点であるが、知らないにある。 そしてところで私は360を言わなかった。 そして私はだれでも煙ることなら何も煙らしていない。 そうダイスは穴または何かの行く。

[quote name='slidecage']i thought i heard part 3 of xenosaga was the end. it was to have more parts but how badly the game was selling they just wrapped it up at 3[/QUOTE]

yea so u know it wont ever happen....too bad, i would of loved a 9 part series of Xenosaga *sigh*

[quote name='flow.of.soul']hum.. since the US is being run with Mexicans ill post the rest of this is spanish

No estoy fumando cualquier cosa. Soy demostración justa mi punto de vista pero estás a ignorante. Y a propósito dije no 360. Y no estoy fumando cualquier cosa si cualquier persona es el fumar su tú. Va tan el dado en un agujero o algo.

now korean

아무것도가 나에 의하여 연기가 나고 있지 않다. 나는 정당한 전시 나의 관점이다 그러나 당신은 무지한에 이다. 그리고 그런데 나는 360를 아닙니다 말했다. 그리고 누군가가 그것 연기가 나는 당신인 경우에 아무것도가 나에 의하여 연기가 나고 있지 않다. 이렇게 거푸집은 구멍 무언가에 있는 간다.

私は何も煙らしていない。 私は公正な提示私の視点であるが、知らないにある。 そしてところで私は360を言わなかった。 そして私はだれでも煙ることなら何も煙らしていない。 そうダイスは穴または何かの行く。[/quote]
I don't know if you used an online translator, but since I'm not fluent in Spanish, Korean or Japanese(God I would love knowing Japanese), I guess I'll use one. Babelfish, I choose you!
Spanish->English
"I am not smoking any thing. I am right demonstration my point of view but you are to ignorante. And to intention I said not 360. And I am not smoking any thing if any person is to smoke his you. The dice in a hole or something goes so."

I think you did specifically say

[quote name='flow.of.soul']If anyone can find a game from this gen thats not on 360 ill give u teh gold star[/quote] I interpret 360 to mean XBOX 360 when talking about video games. So therefore, you said that if anyone can find a game from this gen that's not on the XBOX 360. So I told you that there are exclusives on PS3/Wii, as well as PSP/DS, but I wasn't sure you were talking about handhelds as well. I also said that most were not that good, but they are still not on 360. No matter how you look at it, there are games that aren't on 360 this gen.

Get a room.

I vote for Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy VII-IX (Black Label) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Black Label). Also, anything good for Dreamcast, mainly PowerStone 2 or, in a miracle coup, Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

I hope they reprint Suikoden II so everything can play it and realize...it's just an OK RPG.;)

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Get a room.

I vote for Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy VII-IX (Black Label) and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Black Label). Also, anything good for Dreamcast, mainly PowerStone 2 or, in a miracle coup, Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

I hope they reprint Suikoden II so everything can play it and realize...it's just an OK RPG.;)[/quote]

Valk Profile and PowerStone 2 are already on the PSP. Why would they reprint them for the older systems?

Castlevania is on the 360 marketplace, again I ask why a reprint?

The way FF's get remade, i wouldn't doubt if those other ones get remade for a this gen. system in the future.

[quote name='schuerm26']Valk Profile and PowerStone 2 are already on the PSP. Why would they reprint them for the older systems?[/quote] Cause the PSP version of the Power Stone titles sucks? Long load times are long.

[quote name='schuerm26'] Castlevania is on the 360 marketplace, again I ask why a reprint?[/quote] Not everyone has a 360.

[quote name='schuerm26']Valk Profile and PowerStone 2 are already on the PSP. Why would they reprint them for the older systems?
[/quote]
Because some of the backrounds in Valkyrie Profile on the PSP look stretched (and ass).
And Power Stone Collection's load times can be pretty bad.

I vote for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and Project Justice for reprints. I also hope someone is thinking about making a Grandia I & II double pack for some system.

[quote name='Tsukento']Cause the PSP version of the Power Stone titles sucks? Long load times are long.

Not everyone has a 360.[/QUOTE]
Castlevania is also on PS3 and you can transfer it to your PSP AND the Dracula X Chronicles is coming soon for PSP which has Symphony of the Night as an unlockable so I ask, how many reprints do people need?

[quote name='botticus']Square won't let anyone reprint FFs. They'll do it themselves when they feel like it.[/quote]

stupid Square... they milk their FFs until there is nothing else to milk

then they make another one...

[quote name='schuerm26']Valk Profile and PowerStone 2 are already on the PSP. Why would they reprint them for the older systems?

Castlevania is on the 360 marketplace, again I ask why a reprint?

The way FF's get remade, i wouldn't doubt if those other ones get remade for a this gen. system in the future.[/quote]

Yeah, the first two ports you mentioned are just that, broken ports.

[quote name='mxpowar']Castlevania is also on PS3 and you can transfer it to your PSP AND the Dracula X Chronicles is coming soon for PSP which has Symphony of the Night as an unlockable so I ask, how many reprints do people need?[/quote]
Too bad PlayStation 3 and PSP are still too damn expensive for their own good. If I wanna play SotN, I'll just pay for the damn game and play it on a more affordable PS2.

[quote name='Tsukento']Too bad PlayStation 3 and PSP are still too damn expensive for their own good. If I wanna play SotN, I'll just pay for the damn game and play it on a more affordable PS2.[/QUOTE]
It's also on the 360 marketplace with updated graphics for only $10 which I'm sure will be much cheaper than any reprint. So I stand by my comment that a reprint of SoTN is not needed.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Yeah, the first two ports you mentioned are just that, broken ports.[/QUOTE]

Valkyrie profile is fine...just a little blurry in spots, but the added CG makes up for it. The first CG where the girl turns into a demon = win :) Power Stone is broken though-- can't see anything because the camera is too far out.

SOTN is available on like every system...that would be kind of a waste of a reprint...

[quote name='flow.of.soul']hum.. since the US is being run with Mexicans ill post the rest of this is spanish

now korean

私は何も煙らしていない。 私は公正な提示私の視点であるが、知らないにある。 そしてところで私は360を言わなかった。 そして私はだれでも煙ることなら何も煙らしていない。 そうダイスは穴または何かの行く。[/quote]

Are you related to Regalsin?

[quote name='Tsukento']And once again, not everyone has a 360.[/QUOTE]
Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I was talking about you because you obviously have a 360. Also, the amount of people who have a 360 or PS3 or PSP> the amount of people who have a PS2 or PS1.

Don't reprint ... offer direct download for $5 (Dracula's Sanctuary, Wipeout XL) to $10 (like Valkyrie Profile or FF7) per game. The collectors will stay happy by having an original copy, and the people who just want to play will be happy because they will get a good price and an efficient medium to play games.

Reprinting games will lead to higher prices for people who want to play old games.

[quote name='opportunity777']Don't reprint ... offer direct download for $5 (Dracula's Sanctuary, Wipeout XL) to $10 (like Valkyrie Profile or FF7) per game. The collectors will stay happy by having an original copy, and the people who just want to play will be happy because they will get a good price and an efficient medium to play games.

Reprinting games will lead to higher prices for people who want to play old games.[/QUOTE]

Either way they do it, they'll have to charge a pretty penny. They have to do these by contract and pay the original publisher a lump sum of cash. After that, they are free to charge whatever they want for the games.

Now if they price them low, there's a good chance that they won't recoup their losses. Plus, if they wanted to digitally distribute games to Sony/MS's network, they'd need another contract I believe (or work it out in the original contract). More contracts mean more lawyer time which means more costs.

But I agree with your idea... just put something on the reprint that lets people tell them apart from the original. That way, the collectors have their original copy and games have the game they wanted to play without paying too much money.

[quote name='opportunity777']Don't reprint ... offer direct download for $5 (Dracula's Sanctuary, Wipeout XL) to $10 (like Valkyrie Profile or FF7) per game. The collectors will stay happy by having an original copy, and the people who just want to play will be happy because they will get a good price and an efficient medium to play games.

Reprinting games will lead to higher prices for people who want to play old games.[/QUOTE]

i think sony is the only ones that will do download games. I doubt they would allow another company even the access code to that program

what i would love to see is a way to burn your games to the psp memory card and be able to play any PS1 or 2 game on the psp

Hell i would pay 150 bucks for a system that would allow me to burn any game i own to a memory stick

if i could burn any ps1 or 2 onto my psp memory stick

[quote name='slidecage']i think sony is the only ones that will do download games. I doubt they would allow another company even the access code to that program

what i would love to see is a way to burn your games to the psp memory card and be able to play any PS1 or 2 game on the psp

Hell i would pay 150 bucks for a system that would allow me to burn any game i own to a memory stick

if i could burn any ps1 or 2 onto my psp memory stick[/QUOTE]

???

I make images of my PS1 games all the time to put on my memory stick. I think the PSP is a lil underpowered to run PS2 games without the games being ported.

i really wish that could be possible. but doesnt the psp have to have a emotion engine to run ps2 games? i know there were rumors that the EE for the ps3 will be taken out so that it would cost less to produce.

[quote name='mxpowar']Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I was talking about you because you obviously have a 360. Also, the amount of people who have a 360 or PS3 or PSP> the amount of people who have a PS2 or PS1.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.. systems that have been out less than 3 years vs systems that have at least 12 years under their belts.. its much easier to get a PS2 (money wise) then a 360.. (although they are getting closer)

I say this because I really want a next gen system, but i need a tv first that can support the HD graphics (i mean why waste my time before then..) so i won't be getting one until probably next year at the earliest.. and the games have just recently started to go down in price.. another major factor for "cheap" gamers.. just saying

I'm not like some people on here who can drop 600 dollars like its nothing, or 200 bucks (for the longest time) for a PSP when a DS is only 129, or even 400 bucks (until last week) for a 360 so for me.. a PS1 or PS2 reprints would be very welcome to me..

[quote name='Apossum']Valkyrie profile is fine...just a little blurry in spots, but the added CG makes up for it. The first CG where the girl turns into a demon = win :) Power Stone is broken though-- can't see anything because the camera is too far out.

SOTN is available on like every system...that would be kind of a waste of a reprint...[/quote]

I agree with the last point. I actually completely forgot about the PSP collection so I think that games pretty well represented in the current generation.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Get a room.

I hope they reprint Suikoden II so everything can play it and realize...it's just an OK RPG.;)[/quote]
Most of those reprints wouldn't likely happen since:
VP - ported to the psp
FF7 to FF9 - Why reprint the black label if they are already using the green label?
Castlevania - see FF7 comment. Also has been ported to PS3/360 via download and coming to the psp this fall (via Dracula X Chronicles)
Dreamcast - definitely. DC had some great games.
Powerstone 2 - ported to the psp (however bad, but still ported)
MvC 2 - Capcom no longer has the rights.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Most of those reprints wouldn't likely happen since:
VP - ported to the psp
FF7 to FF9 - Why reprint the black label if they are already using the green label?
Castlevania - see FF7 comment. Also has been ported to PS3/360 via download and coming to the psp this fall (via Dracula X Chronicles)
MvC 2 - Capcom no longer has the rights.[/quote]
:drool:

I know. Why are people so adamant about contesting the suggestions of others. All this has been said over and over and over. I think most people are aware VP and PowerStone have been ported and that EA or Activision hold the rights to certain Marvel properties, etc., etc. I think, for most of us this is more of a a fantasy thread than anything. Those are the games I would love to see reprinted so I suggested them. Ta-da!!!1ONE

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Most of those reprints wouldn't likely happen since:
VP - ported to the psp
MvC 2 - Capcom no longer has the rights.[/QUOTE]

also add that Working Designs is gone so no Lunars

My wishlist, regardless of what can or cannot be reprinted for whatever reason:

Saturn
House of the Dead
Panzer Dragoon Saga

Sega CD
Snatcher

Dreamcast
Samba de Amigo (w/ maracas)

PS1
Suikoden 1&2
Valkrie Profile
Tactics Ogre
Theme Hospital
Silent Hill 1

I'd love to see the Bust A Groove games reprinted. Ditto for Rez (PS2), but they really need to include the 'accessory'.

[quote name='refusedchaos']also add that Working Designs is gone so no Lunars[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but what's the story with Gaijinworks? Maybe, they can reprint them or allow GQD to reprint them.

[quote name='mxpowar']Yeah, but what's the story with Gaijinworks? Maybe, they can reprint them or allow GQD to reprint them.[/QUOTE]

No news about them at this point, and it's been a year+. I don't expect much out of them at this point.

[quote name='NightNinja7']Hmm... I'm a bit new to this thread, but has anyone ever brought out the idea of reprinting Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance?[/QUOTE]
Well, you can probably pick up a used copy for ~ $25 so it's not in the realm of Suikoden but yeah, that game had a very small print run. I'm assuming you're talking about the PS2 version since the X-box version is very cheap and easy to find.

Working Designs titles are probably harder to print now since the company doesn't exist anymore. unless they still have the license to the game itself then maybe.

[quote name='mxpowar']Well, you can probably pick up a used copy for ~ $25 so it's not in the realm of Suikoden but yeah, that game had a very small print run. I'm assuming you're talking about the PS2 version since the X-box version is very cheap and easy to find.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, talking about the PS2 one.

but its not that expensive? that's good to know, although I'd still like to hold onto a new copy :/

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]However farfetched, I'd love to see the Karaoke Revolution games (Volumes 1, 2 and 3) reprinted.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='AnotherStereotype'][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]However farfetched, I'd love to see the Karaoke Revolution games (Volumes 1, 2 and 3) reprinted.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I agree with this post.

[quote name='cindersphere']Breath of fire 3 and 4[/quote]
Breath of Fire 3 is already on PSP in Europe in English and the PSP is region-free so you should have no problem importing it.

bread's done
Back