The GameQuest Direct Reprints Thread - Fatal Frame 2 & 3 (PS2) Confirmed - FF2 $30 AC

[quote name='refusedchaos']slowing? more like rapidly[/QUOTE]

Rapidly? More like, they've been there since the third or forth week after their first CAG promo.

I'm not looking to "come to the rescue" of GQD here, but I figured I'd set a few things straight.

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's be fair - publishers probably aren't breaking down GQD's door trying to get their stuff reprinted. Companies have opportunities to do this, at minimal risk, through GQD, or through rereleases (blame Konami for not releasing a US version of Suikoden 1&2 on PSP) - yet they don't.[/quote]
After talking a little bit with GQD about the process, it seems to be an incredibly difficult ordeal that can take years to come to fruition.

[quote name='phear3d']i see your point. but to be honest, how can a company asks for suggestions on what titles we wanted to see reprinted and none of them saw the light of day or even a slight explanation... [/quote]
Actually, a few CAGs requested the Fatal Frame games. When GQD told me about the reprint, they mentioned that it was requested in this thread.

[quote name='CheapyD']After talking a little bit with GQD about the process, it seems to be an incredibly difficult ordeal that can take years to come to fruition.[/quote]

[quote name='phear3d']i see your point. but to be honest, how can a company asks for suggestions on what titles we wanted to see reprinted and none of them saw the light of day or even a slight explanation... its impossible to print some of them, that i understand. we didnt even receive a single comment on the thread from them. it goes to saying that they barely even cared. they won cags back but they're slowly loosing us again.[/QUOTE]

I have zero doubt about that, Cheapy. My point is that there have to be two willing parties for a reprint to happen; additionally, it's quite easy to say "oh, man, GQD aren't going jack shit" if your favorite game isn't reprinted.

The problem, then, phear3D (and I empathize with your point about GQD's silence) is that there are probably legal/ethical/business reasons for not wanting to disclose the reprint contracts that didn't happen. In other words, if you want to guarantee that you'll never see, say, Suikoden II get reprinted, then GQD would come out and say "look, we're trying, but Konami are being real assholes about this thing." Then you can be assured that you'll never get anything from Konami in the future (Castlevania Chronicles and the like).

Of course, they could say "we're trying to get (this game) from (this publisher) - we'll let you know if something happens" - but even something as seemingly innocuous as that would create business problems.

I want to assume GQD is bustin' their collective humps trying to get the more popular games people are requesting - after all, they want money more than they want our satisfaction. I want to assume they're shooting for Suikodens, or FFVII, or whatever it is people want. I also assume that the publisher is either not interested or simply asking for a profit dividing scheme that is not feasible from GQD's end.

After the long-ago GQD scandal here, I'm reluctant to give them the benefit of the doubt - at the same time that they have limited resources financially as well as the reality that some publishers have working conditions that simply aren't conducive to seeing a reprint happen.

Which means Konami must hate money, since they didn't bother to reprint the Suikodens, let alone bring the PSP title stateside. Maybe we'll see them for $6 on the PSN someday (where Konami has one current release - SOTN)? Who am I kidding? (insert generic spiteful comment from me about PSX support on PSN here)

[quote name='CheapyD']
Actually, a few CAGs requested the Fatal Frame games. When GQD told me about the reprint, they mentioned that it was requested in this thread.[/quote]
there are and i actually recall seeing them even. they seem to be doing the reprinting the games that are selling for alot of money on ebay/amazon.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Which means Konami must hate money, since they didn't bother to reprint the Suikodens, let alone bring the PSP title stateside. Maybe we'll see them for $6 on the PSN someday (where Konami has one current release - SOTN)? Who am I kidding? (insert generic spiteful comment from me about PSX support on PSN here)[/quote]
could be true but you have to look at it from their point of view. to us, its easy $$$ made. to them, its insuring their future iterations of the series and will have a chance, heck even a better chance to sell better. this is what atlus does and continues to do so for their titles. the j-rpg genre is still more of a niche market. but at least when you purchase these mediocre to great j-rpg games you get your money's worth towards the end since the title will at least have some sort of value to them.

I would love to see panzer dragoon saga, marvel vs. capcom 2 and Tomba reprinted!!!!! I am so happy I was able to get in on Fatal Frame 3.

[quote name='tito1183']I would love to see panzer dragoon saga, marvel vs. capcom 2 and Tomba reprinted!!!!! I am so happy I was able to get in on Fatal Frame 3.[/QUOTE]

Ordered Fatal Frame 3.

I wonder how much discount the coupon mentioned in post #1 is. I passed on a brand new copy of FF2 in a store a year ago and been kicking myself since.

[quote name='tito1183']Legacy of Kain is the best. I have all the titles. I would love to see a sequel to defiance!!!![/quote]

Yeah. I remember playing Blood Omen when it first came out, and how amazed I was at how Kain could suck a guy's blood from about 10 feet away. That's good even for a vampire. I really got into soul reaver when that came out too, but I never got around to playing SL2, Blood Omen 2, or Defiance. Now I'll get the chance.

It's a bummer Amy Hennig works at Naughty Dog now and the rest of the team has either died or splintered a great deal as well. I hope we see more, but I'd rather just have the series lay dormant than have a new game do the series an injustice.

I hate to do it, but I'm in for FF2. I watched FF2 at a Wal-Mart in Newark, Ohio, for close to 6 months waiting for the price to drop. There was like 4-5 copies. Then one weekend I'm in there and they were all gone. Been kicking myself in the ass ever since. This is the next best thing I guess. I just want it to play again.

I love Fatal Frame 2. It scared the holy crap out of me the first couple of times I tried to play it. I've never been able to finish it because it stresses me out too much and I just have to stop after a while. I used to own it for ps2, but I sold it on eBay a while back. Now that it's being reprinted, I thought it would be awesome to get a copy, but I checked on amazon for the xbox version (it's on the 360 bc list! yays!) and I found it for around $20 shipped in like new condition. Plus, it has a few extra things the ps2 version doesn't.

[quote name='DarinIsAwesome']I love Fatal Frame 2. It scared the holy crap out of me the first couple of times I tried to play it. I've never been able to finish it because it stresses me out too much and I just have to stop after a while. I used to own it for ps2, but I sold it on eBay a while back. Now that it's being reprinted, I thought it would be awesome to get a copy, but I checked on amazon for the xbox version (it's on the 360 bc list! yays!) and I found it for around $20 shipped in like new condition. Plus, it has a few extra things the ps2 version doesn't.[/QUOTE]

The XBOX versions of the FatF games are superior. I only have the PS2 versions to form a complete set. If FatFIII was on XBOX, then I wouldn't even own the PS2 ones.

[quote name='opportunity777']The XBOX versions of the FatF games are superior. I only have the PS2 versions to form a complete set. If FatFIII was on XBOX, then I wouldn't even own the PS2 ones.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I've heard too. Maybe I'll be able to find the original for xbox for under $50 bucks one day.

If you are interested in Fatal Frame 2, definitely wait for the CAG exclusive coupon code on Monday.
The discount is significant!

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are interested in Fatal Frame 2, definitely wait for the CAG exclusive coupon code on Monday.
The discount is significant![/quote]

Waits... :whee:

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are interested in Fatal Frame 2, definitely wait for the CAG exclusive coupon code on Monday.
The discount is significant![/QUOTE]
Aw, no discount for Fatal Frame 3? Sad, that's the only one I need.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Aw, no discount for Fatal Frame 3? Sad, that's the only one I need.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, I sold my FatFIII in anticipation of a coupon. Lame.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Aw, no discount for Fatal Frame 3? Sad, that's the only one I need.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have FF2 as well but not 3 (or 1). This is weird... why only reprint the second two games in the series and why only a coupon for the 2nd game?:whistle2:?

The discount is significant![/quote]
:applause:

well, FF1+2 are easier to get and are better for the 360 (the emulation is perfect afaik.)

FF3 is long gone though...I might have to pick this up again.

Still holding on to my sealed FF3...

Hopefully the coupon's 40% off FF2! I've never had that game nor seen it in stores around me, new or used. :D

[quote name='hero101']I would get FF3 but the prices are a bit high being that the game is a reprint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get that either... $70 for a reprinted game? I've seen cheaper copies on Ebay.

[quote name='CheapyD']
9/10 UPDATE: Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GC) confirmed

8/21 UPDATE: Just got an email from GQD telling me about these 4 upcoming reprints. Next week, we should be receiving some coupon codes.

Suikoden V (PS2)
Monster Hunter (PSP)
Resident Evil (GC)
Resident Evil Zero (GC)[/quote]I'm kinda shocked that they're bothering with MH Freedom as the value at eBay has tanked over the better part of 2007; doing a search just now, most copies don't even sell at 14.98 new/sealed. And I've been watching this title, as I have a sealed copy I've been wanting to sell at a good price for some time. But all it's done is go lower and lower.

Similarly, REmake and REzero are the two most ubiquitous used Game Cube titles I see at GameStops and Game Rush's. And with Capcom doing RE Zero on the Wii, will there really be a demand for the same game on the Cube?

If GQD sees a demand for these games still, then I wish them the best. I like that there's someone out there with the smarts to do this. But I don't see the games selling at a price I think they're going to make a profit on.

As for personal requests, I'd love to see Electroplankton.

I'm sure a lot of collectors would love to see the PS2 version of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II. It plays better on the xbox, but people pay more for the ps2 version Go figure.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm sure a lot of collectors would love to see the PS2 version of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II. It plays better on the xbox, but people pay more for the ps2 version Go figure.[/QUOTE]

I have rarely (if ever) seen a XBOX version (eventhough, they are almost always superior) of a game go for higher prices than its PS2 counterpart. MvC2 is the only game where the same price practically applies to both versions. I can only attribute this phenomena with a simple fact: There are more PS2's out there than XBOX's. A lot of people seem to sell their original XBOX, but are more than willing to own several PS2 Slims in different colors.

I don't agree with most of the GQD reprints because from a financial standpoint, their choices seem irrational to me. I feel like a better opportunity could have been exploited somewhere else, but I don't have enough data to prove anything. As a financial analyst, it's simply my gut feeling :p

[quote name='opportunity777']I have rarely (if ever) seen a XBOX version (eventhough, they are almost always superior) of a game go for higher prices than its PS2 counterpart. MvC2 is the only game where the same price practically applies to both versions. I can only attribute this phenomena with a simple fact: There are more PS2's out there than XBOX's. A lot of people seem to sell their original XBOX, but are more than willing to own several PS2 Slims in different colors.

I don't agree with most of the GQD reprints because from a financial standpoint, their choices seem irrational to me. I feel like a better opportunity could have been exploited somewhere else, but I don't have enough data to prove anything. As a financial analyst, it's simply my gut feeling :p[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with reprints? It allows more gamers to enjoy the games at MSRP, I'm more than happy when it happens, also for revenues for GQD, consequently more reprints, a win-win situation for everyone. BTW, I'm also a hardcore collector who have a large collection of factory sealed games.

I do agree though some other games should be reprinted, Fatal Frame 1 for PS2, I still think it's the scariest of all 3, I hope FF4 for Wii will be so scary that everyone will have a nightmare after finishing the game, god forbid if Tecmo decides to make it family friendly.

Now, how about some reprints of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (either XB or PS2), this one is given.

[quote name='vincewy']What's wrong with reprints? It allows more gamers to enjoy the games at MSRP, I'm more than happy when it happens, also for revenues for GQD, consequently more reprints, a win-win situation for everyone. BTW, I'm also a hardcore collector who have a large collection of factory sealed games.

I do agree though some other games should be reprinted, Fatal Frame 1 for PS2, I still think it's the scariest of all 3, I hope FF4 for Wii will be so scary that everyone will have a nightmare after finishing the game, god forbid if Tecmo decides to make it family friendly.

Now, how about some reprints of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (either XB or PS2), this one is given.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with reprints.

I'm talking about reprints from a FINANCIAL STANDPOINT. Even if a company makes a decision to take on an opportunity, that opportunity may not necessarily be the most beneficial for all involved parties. In the past, I was puzzled by certain reprints. I remember when VGD or whatever did a reprint of Pocket Fighter. It's funny how many of those are still floating around in the wild. I think the Fatal Frame reprints are better than the last batch, which made almost no sense at all.

Honestly, I don't see how my post could be interpreted any other way, which leaves me somewhat confounded by your initial remarks about my post.

Also, MvC2 will never (99.9% chance of NOT happening) get a reprint because Capcom no longer has the Marvel license (which you probably already know). Marvel seems to have contentious relationships with its business partners and others in the videogame industry. The latest exhibit is the Marvel MMORPG, which will never come out now.

Got my Fatal Frame 3 in the mail today. I'm impressed by the speedy delivery!

As an aside, it would be great if they could reprint Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 for PS2. I can't find that game for a decent price.

^ agreed, Gamestop sells it for 50 used and I'm not spending that much on a used game. That or Futurama.

[quote name='opportunity777']I have rarely (if ever) seen a XBOX version (eventhough, they are almost always superior) of a game go for higher prices than its PS2 counterpart. MvC2 is the only game where the same price practically applies to both versions. I can only attribute this phenomena with a simple fact: There are more PS2's out there than XBOX's. A lot of people seem to sell their original XBOX, but are more than willing to own several PS2 Slims in different colors. [/quote]

I have owned both the Xbox and PS2 version of Dark Alliance II, I agree Xbox is far better, but i sold my PS2 version for 2 times as much as the Xbox version. MVC2 Is best on the Dreamcast IMHO, but the PS2 versio sells for 20-30 more than the Xbox version. I doubt that these reprints will decrease the E-Bay/Collector value in the longrun, look at FFVII it is the most abundant PS1 game but due to popularity it still commands 40-50 on average.

well it is hard to get a reprint for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 as Interplay went out of business. not sure who owns the right now.

[quote name='Sinnbox']NOOB Question: How do they get the rights to reprint?[/QUOTE]

they go directly to the publisher and pay for a print. which is why they can probably never get something from nintendo.

I dont think we have much of a shortage for Offical Nintendo games as there mass produced and whored out with Players Choice soon after they sell a million.

[quote name='MrBoss']I dont think we have much of a shortage for Offical Nintendo games as there mass produced and whored out with Players Choice soon after they sell a million.[/QUOTE]

and games like tetris DS goes for $50 on ebay. GC game like Mario Party, Mario Tennis, fire Emblem are hard to find. Pikmin 1+2 became a Player's choice and still worth a lot.

[quote name='62t']and games like tetris DS goes for $50 on ebay. GC game like Mario Party, Mario Tennis, fire Emblem are hard to find. Pikmin 1+2 became a Player's choice and still worth a lot.[/quote]

There not harf to find thouh just worth a lot. There is a difference between being rare (Radiant Silvergun) and being worth a lot (Final Fantasy VII). They need to reprint some rare games that I cannot go to an amazon/ebay and hope to find. Just reprinting games that are already out there in the masses will just lower prices. What do you we want? Cheaper games or games to play that are harder to get? I mean this is cheapassgamer and we are able to get good/cheap deals all the time. Its a trade off...

[quote name='CheapyD']Fatal Frame II is now $29.99 ($20 off) with coupon code CAGFRAME.
Ends Wednesday, March 5th.[/quote]

That's just cheap enough for me to consider buying. After shipping it's really only a $15 coupon, but that's not too bad.

[quote name='onikage']That's just cheap enough for me to consider buying. After shipping it's really only a $15 coupon, but that's not too bad.[/quote]

Yea I got raped with shipping. $8 to ship 2 PS2 games? :roll:

[quote name='MrBoss']Yea I got raped with shipping. $8 to ship 2 PS2 games? :roll:[/quote]

What type of shipping did you select? I think I saw something that said it was only $.50 for each extra game, which should have brought your shipping total to $4.50 or $5.50 if you used one of the cheaper methods.

Yea I paid 5.49 for shipping for First Class. (Still felt like I overpaid.. Priority Flat Rate is $4.60). :D

bread's done
Back