2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Gamestop would really turn things around if they would just resurrect last gen TIVs to their pre-October levels.  Yeah, that's the ticket....

Random question when preordering a game on GameStop.com do you usually get it on release day? I ordered the Special Edition of Smash Bros and was wondering if it will be here on release day?

Random question when preordering a game on GameStop.com do you usually get it on release day? I ordered the Special Edition of Smash Bros and was wondering if it will be here on release day?
Nope you specifically need to pay for one day shipping. They could just ship it 2 days before but “they are afraid of it delivering early”

I feel like Gamestop would really turn things around if they would just resurrect last gen TIVs to their pre-October levels. Yeah, that's the ticket....
Don't worry, I traded in most of my stuff yesterday so a 70% bonus is probably going to be announced soon. That's what always happens after I trade stuff lol

Yes if you preorder it in store and no if you do it online. I ended up preordering Mega Man 11 Amiibo online and didn't get it until 4 days after. Went to ask and they said I should have either ordered it in store or paid for the "received on release day" shipping.

Don't worry, I traded in most of my stuff yesterday so a 70% bonus is probably going to be announced soon. That's what always happens after I trade stuff lol
Lets hope so :)

This was already discussed a few pages back. Looks like you don't have all the information. That's what you get for reading IGN.

The loss was from an impairment charge of $557.3 million.

Please look into it some more before trying to "assess" the situation. Without the charge, the net profit would be $68.7M, compared with a year-ago profit of $59.4M. Yes they did lower guidance. Yes they are looking to sell some of it's divisions.
the reason WHY they lost 557 million doesnt matter. They still lost 557 million. The fact that they sold their mobile division for $700 million and would have still only posted a quarterly profit of $68 should be a clue that they are unsustainable without selling themselves off in chunks.

the reason WHY they lost 557 million doesnt matter. They still lost 557 million. The fact that they sold their mobile division for $700 million and would have still only posted a quarterly profit of $68 should be a clue that they are unsustainable without selling themselves off in chunks.
Yes it does. Go away.

I can confirm the 3 for $15 also.

Is there a bonus 25% on Switch Games? I just traded in Zelda and Mario Aces and got $43.50 each. Promo #22187 $7.50.

Damn really wish I had checked this thread before going in to GS. I would've dumped RDR2 for $50. Oh well, still happy to have 25% extra on the ones I did trade

Damn really wish I had checked this thread before going in to GS. I would've dumped RDR2 for $50. Oh well, still happy to have 25% extra on the ones I did trade
Don't worry--RDR2 would not have gotten any bonus other than Elite ($42 total is the max) as the 25% extra only applies to Switch games.

Don't worry--RDR2 would not have gotten any bonus as the 25% extra only applies to Switch games.
I think the bonus applies to your entire game trade as long as you have at least 2 switch games. It applied to my PS4 BFV

Edit: Actually, I don't know what boosted my BFV. It has a different trade promo # from the Switch games and it was a 20% boost rather than a 25% boost. Says promo was #21960 (Switch games have #22187). I got $35 and the base is $25.

Battlefield V has it's own boost

POWERUP REWARDS MEMBERS:
$30 GUARANTEED CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE BATTLEFIELD V BY DECEMBER 20, 2018

For elite pro you get $35

Battlefield V has it's own boost

POWERUP REWARDS MEMBERS:
$30 GUARANTEED CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE BATTLEFIELD V BY DECEMBER 20, 2018

For elite pro you get $35
Never knew that's how it worked. Those games always say $30 for Elite Pro, so I assumed that GS being GS, it was $30 after applying your membership

So since I got $35, a regular pro would get $32.50?

I was in another gamestop and saw no signage. Dang. I need some solid confirmation so I can use my b2g1 and get zelda cheap (after trading back in the other 2 switch games)

Not sure if it's worth the extra $15 total I'd get from booming Eevee and Pikachu (along with one other switch game), to drive across the city at rush hour to pick those up.

I was in another gamestop and saw no signage. Dang. I need some solid confirmation so I can use my b2g1 and get zelda cheap (after trading back in the other 2 switch games)
I don't think you'll be getting what you're looking for until GS updates the website, which its unlikely to do until after the stealth bump ends today.

Not sure why you think your GS would avoid doing a promo that the other GSs are doing.

Edit: I can't think of a time that GS deals were regional, except for the cash same as credit (due to local pawn laws)

I don't think you'll be getting what you're looking for until GS updates the website, which its unlikely to do until after the stealth bump ends today.

Not sure why you think your GS would avoid doing a promo that the other GSs are doing.

Edit: I can't think of a time that GS deals were regional, except for the cash same as credit (due to local pawn laws)
Cause my luck

Lmfao told you they'd do a promo immediately after I traded in all my switch games. You're welcome CAG!
I feel your pain. I traded in my games on Friday because I thought they were going to drop the TIVs when the B2G1 coupon started. I lost $43.75, but I did use my B2G1 coupon on Evee, Pika and RDR2 at one store today.

Just a warning, what happened before was that trade only transactions didn't work, and people got them to add points over the phone later. Only transaction where you bought something were working. I can verify that I tried three times with trade transactions, but only when I made purchases did the coupon leave my account and work as intended.
You were right. I used my B2G1 coupon and I also had the cashier scan my 2x points coupon. Both coupons are no longer in my active offers anymore. I guess they should not have mentioned that the 2x points coupon works on trade ins.

Well today would be the last day for most wanted trades. So if you wait last min with the 25% switch game bonus the value will tank tomorrow. Not every store is Johnny on the spot with keeping track of promos.

It really isn't a good idea to do that unless you had two different accounts. using the same account back to back could get your account flagged and banned from trading.
Ok. Thanks for the warning. Had no idea that's how he was doing it. Mentioned I just wanted Zelda and he just did it all at once and said 27~
Caught me by surprise. We'll see if I get to join the ban club. Never been on that. How long do they last? And do you get notified or just denied on your next visit?

And is another email / phone enough for a second account? Or is it tied to home address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back