2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify pre-order bonus optimization when trading, if I trade in and put $5 towards a pre-order to get the bonus today, could I return tomorrow and put another $5 towards the same pre-order to trigger the bonus again? Or does it need to be a new pre-order?
Yes you can use the same preorder repeatedly

Just to clarify pre-order bonus optimization when trading, if I trade in and put $5 towards a pre-order to get the bonus today, could I return tomorrow and put another $5 towards the same pre-order to trigger the bonus again? Or does it need to be a new pre-order?
Yeah, you can put $5 on it and put another $5 on it when you return to use the promo again.

New year, new GS thread, new owner.

Feel free to start a new GS forum, but I’ll be locking this one after the new one is started. It’s been fun, and I’ll still be around, but it’s beyond time to start fresh 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back