2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
38.50 for Metroid dread, astral chain and yoshi wooly world is fantastic. All before 30% so looking like $49 each which is wild.

Can anyone confirm what the 30% TIV is for exactly?

Received the usual e-mail notification with the Most Wanted Trades link & monetary value. There's a lot of the Buy 5 50% games I bought that were questionable at best (D&D Dark Alliance, I'm looking at you...) so I will have to go through the list to see. 

Start filling up those empty bags with games and hurry to Gamestop for those trade-ins everybody!

carrying-bags-oops.gif

Doom 3 VR for PS4 is trading in for $11 base & can be purchased for $4.99 new/$3.99 pre-owned. Convert them from new to used for GameStop & have them give you trade credit in compensation  :whistle2:

What do y’all do with ur pre order? Cancel it? I just wanna get on the bonus tiv and use the credit. Hate to cancel on an employee. Do they make a big deal when u move that pre order to something else?

Traded in 2 games I got from the extra 50% off sale:

Forza Horizon 4 - $38.50
No Man's Sky - $22

Got the 30% extra bonus trading towards GTA Switch

Thanks to all who mentioned about the trades as I was going out of town for the weekend later today

So I ordered 3 used copies of Spider-Man Miles Morales hoping to get at least one converted copy of the Ultimate Edition but that was a no go I got 3 disc only copies sent out to me.

GameStop 1
Me 0

What do y’all do with ur pre order? Cancel it? I just wanna get on the bonus tiv and use the credit. Hate to cancel on an employee. Do they make a big deal when u move that pre order to something else?
Yep, just cancel it later. I've heard that it's not as big a deal as it used to be, but just in case, I like to do it at a store I don't particularly like.

Yep, just cancel it later. I've heard that it's not as big a deal as it used to be, but just in case, I like to do it at a store I don't particularly like.
Hm I’m gonna trade in back 4 blood and final fantasy 7 remake both for ps5 then. I’m guessing the FF7 remake doesn’t need to include the code? By the way if the tiv u get exceeds the total price of the game that gives u the bonus, u get that value on a separate trade credit card?

Hm I’m gonna trade in back 4 blood and final fantasy 7 remake both for ps5 then. I’m guessing the FF7 remake doesn’t need to include the code? By the way if the tiv u get exceeds the total price of the game that gives u the bonus, u get that value on a separate trade credit card?
Best way to trade is
1) say I would like to trade these in
2) after they scan all the games say I would like to put $5 on x (whatever the bonus game is)
3) at this point the bonus shows up and it is already in the system with only 5 bucks down and it would be hard for them to claim you need to put it all on a preorder for the bonus to work.
4) smile and swipe your trade card

Best way to trade is
2) after they scan all the games say I would like to put $5 on x (whatever the bonus game is)
3) at this point the bonus shows up and it is already in the system with only 5 bucks down and it would be hard for them to claim you need to put it all on a preorder for the bonus to work.
That way, you already have access to all the trade in credit except for the $5 you put down? Thx for the tip

Really good way to end the year! Took in stuff from the B2G1 and 5 for 50% off, and walked out with over $300 and $10 on GTA. I thought I’d bump from my usual $5 up to $10 on the preorder since I had quite a few trades.

I wouldn’t delay going in today. GS has been so inconsistent lately…

FYI GTA Trilogy and Advanced Wars are boost eligible.

30% INCLUDES your Pro 10%
MVP right here, my store couldn't find GTA physical in the computer for preorder, I remembered seeing your posts and the advance wars reboot does qualify. saved me over $60 I would have lost without the boost.

319309 is the sku for gta
it seemed like they had one new guy training a 2nd brand new guy, so i don't even know if that would have helped them. thanks though, that will help for my next round. hopefully some of the other switch games go off sale and values come up sunday.

All the values online are correct I just traded in an absolute ton from the Black Friday and five for 50 sales. I did a pre-order on advanced wars reboot for switch. Five dollars down worked no problem

Scummy ole GS is why I take advantage. I’m deadass in the store waiting to ring my trades and the SL termed his seasonal GA. Told her that the season is over and thank her for her business but it’s time to head out. I’ll call you if I need part time help.

Then like 10 people walked in behind her walking out and got in line. The SL sounded miserable and that’s what he gets. That poor girl was sad as hell.

What's everybody been trading in?
Ghost of Tsushima $22 (bought for $12.88 during B3G2, came with the dreaded black game and very funky)

Digimon Cyber Sleuth Switch $16.50 (was hoping to buy a sealed copy for $16.99 because it came so banged up)

Minecraft PS4 Edition $15.40 (starter edition trades for $16.50)

Minecraft Switch $16.50 (bought for $9.99@ Family Video a while ago & just wanted to get rid of it)

Got $70.40, couldn't do GTA Switch and didn't see the Advance Wars post in time, oh well tho I actually wanted Advance Wars. I just really wanted to dump GoT because I was hoping to find the DC for Target for $17.99.

Scummy ole GS is why I take advantage. I’m deadass in the store waiting to ring my trades and the SL termed his seasonal GA. Told her that the season is over and thank her for her business but it’s time to head out. I’ll call you if I need part time help.

Then like 10 people walked in behind her walking out and got in line. The SL sounded miserable and that’s what he gets. That poor girl was sad as hell.
crazy that the SL would terminate someone in front of customers.

Best way to trade is
Thanks I let them scan the games after 35 base showed up then asked if I can put $5 down on gta they said they’re not doing that anymore. Got $45 for the 35 base games. Tried not to smile on the way out

Can confirm some are not doing gta anymore guess reached a limit? Did advanced wars instead

I traded these games in today. All were from the most recent 50% off sale:

PS4

No Man's Sky: $22

A Plague Tale: Innocence $17.60

Yakuza 0 greatest hits: $15.40

Switch

Taxi Chaos: $14.30

Digimon Story Cybersleuth: $16.50

Immortals Fenyx Rising: $13.20

If you got FFVII Remake for PS5, now is a great time to trade that in, especially with the PS+ version allowing the upgrade.
I just traded that in without the code and plague tale innocence ps4. Anyone know if the code works without the disc and use the ps plus game with it?

Also anyone know how much they’re giving for Jedi fallen order ps4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back