2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we get a same cash as credit trade in here soon, and the console values stay the same, got a Series X today and would love to trade my One X in so I don't have to list it online and deal with people trying giving me some sob story about why I should sell it to them for 75% of what I list it for
The joys of selling on Facebook marketplace and others. People sending you a ton of questions, you answer them, and they never respond back. Or people wanting to lowball you on expensive items. All just a giant waste of your time.

The joys of selling on Facebook marketplace and others. People sending you a ton of questions, you answer them, and they never respond back. Or people wanting to lowball you on expensive items. All just a giant waste of your time.
And on the other end of the spectrum, a bunch of fucking shitbags have been buying up all stock on consoles with scripts to sell on Facebook marketplace for a few hundred more than they paid for them. Nothing more than people facing the consequences of the actions of scalpers and flippers, in the same way that Gamestop cancels sales and ban trade-ins from the whiners who exploit their sales.

My favorites are the "I'm doing you a favor by buying this, so take my crappy offer already" and the "I know we agreed on X, but I've brought 20% less than that so since we're already here why don't you take my offer and not waste time." There's a slight chance I could sell it for $350 or so but I have zero interest in dealing with people if I don't have to and with Gamestop, I take it in, they test it and give me money or credit and I leave happy.

Here it is. Gamestop you’ve honestly outdone yourself
attachicon.gif
B46EB23D-257B-4404-A7E3-E1CE9F8D4A85.jpeg
attachicon.gif
FC4F38BF-A38E-4BDC-8FA7-BC6163102BAB.jpeg
Score!!!!

Yeah some interesting values - Let’s Go Pikachu with a $35 base, but Eevee is only at $20.

$35 Base Nintendo- Origami King, Xenoblade Definitive, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Kart 8, Bowser’s Fury, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Mario Golf, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Astral Chain, Hyrule Warriors DE, Super Mario 3D All-stars, ARMS, DC Super Hero Girls, Diablo 3, Skyward Sword HD, Pokémon BDSP, DK Tropical Freeze, and FE 3 Houses.

$35 base non-Nintendo includes Back 4 Blood, Tales of Arise PS4/PS5, Forza Horizon 5.

Yeah some interesting values - Let’s Go Pikachu with a $35 base, but Eevee is only at $20.

Origami King, Xenoblade Definitive, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Kart 8, Bowser’s Fury, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Mario Golf, and FE 3 Houses all at $35 base.
Nice - I guess the question is when those TIV will register at the POS in store! :robot:

$35 Base Switch titles:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch
ARMS - Nintendo Switch
ASTRAL CHAIN - Nintendo Switch
DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power - Nintendo Switch
Diablo III Eternal Collection - Nintendo Switch
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Nintendo Switch
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch
Kirby Star Allies - Nintendo Switch
Metroid Dread - Nintendo Switch
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Nintendo Switch
Paper Mario: The Origami King - Nintendo Switch
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - Nintendo Switch
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! - Nintendo Switch
Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Nintendo Switch
Super Mario 3D World Plus Bowser's Fury - Nintendo Switch
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD - Nintendo Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch
Yoshi's Crafted World - Nintendo Switch

Back 4 Blood (PS4 and PS5) are showing $35 base. They are both still on sale (at least on the site) for $22.99 each, and the B2G1 is still active. The Xbox version does not seem to have gotten the bump :(.

Totally insane, since it's still on sale for $8.99 (PS4) and part of the B2G1. Also - Cyberpunk PS4 jumped up from $3 yesterday to $10 today.

Anyone trade in Avengers PS5 recently? It's not listed on the site ("No value found").
Odd, Avengers PS5 is showing $7 base for me on the mobile site.

Here’s an updated list of $35 base Nintendo stuff. Lots of different games with some surprises imo. Enjoy!

$35 Base Nintendo- Origami King, Xenoblade Definitive, Kirby Star Allies, Mario Kart 8, Bowser’s Fury, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Mario Golf, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Astral Chain, Hyrule Warriors DE, Super Mario 3D All-stars, ARMS, DC Super Hero Girls, Diablo 3, Skyward Sword HD, Pokémon BDSP, DK Tropical Freeze, and FE 3 Houses.

How exactly does the preorder bonus work? Can I trade in multiple games and get the 30% or only up until the value of the preordered game?

How exactly does the preorder bonus work? Can I trade in multiple games and get the 30% or only up until the value of the preordered game?
It can be a little YMMV, but I usually put $5-10 on the preorder from whatever I’ve traded in and then the rest goes on a trade card. This allows you to trade other stuff in the future towards the preorder.

Back 4 Blood $22.99 $35.00 $15.17 -$19.83
Dark Souls: Remastered $13.99 $19.80 $9.23 -$10.57
Deathloop $22.99 $22.00 $15.17 -$6.83
Far Cry 6 $21.99 $25.30 $14.51 -$10.79
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade $32.99 $35.00 $21.77 -$13.23
No Man's Sky $8.99 $22.00 $5.93 -$16.07
Tales of Arise $34.99 $35.00 $23.09 -$11.91
WWE 2K20 $18.99 $19.80 $12.53 -$7.27

All the notable non switch game flips. There are more with $0-5 profit levels that I have excluded such as Resident Evil 3 Remake Shadow of the Colossus

Here is the updated spreadsheet with all the games and Switch included. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KPdEMHBQ2aQoW_qkwL8oPL9a6Ey-If4BZcfbkB-P-LI/edit#gid=0

How long do these stealth bumps last? It's gonna be an inconvenience for me to get out to GS today, but I will if I must for these values.
impossible to know for sure, usually friday to monday. but they have also lasted 1 or 2 days before, and they have also lasted for only hours. i also recall a time when the values were showing up online but didnt ring in store until the next day. there are no rules with gamestop.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade $32.99 $35.00 $21.77 -$13.23 Back 4 Blood $22.99 $35.00 $15.17 -$19.83 Tales of Arise 34.99 $35.00 23.0934 -$11.91 Deathloop 22.99 22 15.1734 -6.8266 No Man's Sky 8.99 22 5.9334 -16.0666 Far Cry 6 21.99 25.3 14.5134 -10.7866 WWE 2K20 $18.99 $19.80 $12.53 -$7.27

Sets of four will net you $343.62.
All the notable non switch game flips. There are more with $0-5 profit levels that I have excluded such as Resident Evil 3 Remake Shadow of the Colossus
Here is the updated spreadsheet with all the games and Switch included. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KPdEMHBQ2aQoW_qkwL8oPL9a6Ey-If4BZcfbkB-P-LI/edit#gid=0
Thanks man anyway I can have access to those sheets?

Values typically hold through Monday but I'm completely tapped on credit after picking up 40+ games over the past sale. Anything under $17 base I'm taking in today to lock in, anything under I'm holding till Sunday, maybe we'll get a better trade bonus than GTA.

Octopath traveler for 28.99 but I don't know if I should get it some people have said it's boring af
its on gamepass if you have an xbox, i played for a while and found it pretty repetitive and boring. I did really enjoy Dragon Quest XI and stuff like Persona or Yakuza and even the first Bravely Default but Octopath was fun for 10-15 hours and then just became a slog.

I played the demo of it and I don't think I can play 16bit looking games anymore after newer jrpgs probably only triangle strategy when that comes out

Octopath traveler for 28.99 but I don't know if I should get it some people have said it's boring af
It’s good if you want an SNES style / type jrpg and you appreciate good writing and details to the town side characters. Writing is not as good as final fantasy tactics, but it’s trying to be kinda like that I think, highbrow Shakespeare type with some old English words and phrases. I’m no expert, but that’s how I’d describe it atleast. Don’t see that a lot, so I like it. Random battles aren’t too bad to deal with, the stories are good, but long. Not too exciting or action packed, so if that’s what your looking for, maybe better to skip. I’m not a fan of the gameplay loop, I would have preferred one big structured story I think rather than fast traveling around all over the place back and forth and just doing the next chapter in each characters stories one after the other, which all follow a similar pattern. 32 in total, about 30 mins to an hour each, that does get old and is an odd progression system. Difficulty music, battle system are great. Exploration is kinda weak, the areas are all small, which is good, or else the game would be too bloated, but makes it feel like your just jumping between character stories with a few mins of walking in between. Play it for the type of game it is, that we don’t get much of anymore, the writing, music, and good turn based battle system. If how I’ve described those aren’t what you are looking for, the game structure is odd and does get old, so I would skip it in that case. Otherwise, I am enjoying my time 50 hours in, started off not liking it, and $30 is lowest it’s ever been I think.

Back 4 Blood (PS4 and PS5) are showing $35 base. They are both still on sale (at least on the site) for $22.99 each, and the B2G1 is still active. The Xbox version does not seem to have gotten the bump :(.
wow. i wouldve bought the B4B with steelbook deal from best buy the other day. i want the steelbook and couldve traded in that game.

Does anyone know Gamestop's policy for Christmas returns? Do I need the original receipt?
You'd need a receipt to get money back within the return period (which I think someone said was til January 15th for holiday purcahses from like, around Thanksgiving onward). They don't do no receipt returns like Walmart or Target, as far as I've ever seen.

Yeah? Well I got an empty Astral Chain case and two Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus (Switch) empty cases. Beat THAT!

Edit: Apparently the guy on chat said they have to open an investigation with the carrier to determine the location of my package...so apparently I have to wait 10-15 days for them to have the carrier tell them they did indeed deliver the package of empty cases before issuing replacements? This doesn't sound right.
I finally got what was supposed to be the 2 copies of Warhammer 40K Mechanicus to replace the empty cases and....well I got one of them. And a sealed copy of Just Dance 2022...

I finally got what was supposed to be the 2 copies of Warhammer 40K Mechanicus to replace the empty cases and....well I got one of them. And a sealed copy of Just Dance 2022...
I had support tell me the same thing when they sent me an empty case before. "We'll open a case with Fedex" - Fedex didn't steal my game, what does Fedex have to do with this? It ultimately got resolved, but just felt shitty like they were trying to shift blame to Fedex in an obviously stupid way.

Does anyone know Gamestop's policy for Christmas returns? Do I need the original receipt?
As long as it was purchased after November 1st, and before December 24th, you can still return it before January 15th. However, you will need the original receipt, or a gift receipt in order to return it, otherwise the best they can do is take it back as a trade-in instead, and give you the trade-in value, which needless to say, will be terrible.

You'd need a receipt to get money back within the return period (which I think someone said was til January 15th for holiday purcahses from like, around Thanksgiving onward). They don't do no receipt returns like Walmart or Target, as far as I've ever seen.
Anything purchased after December 24th isn't eligible for the extended period, but yeah, January 15th, plenty of time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back