2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see it in the ad, but there are good deals on puzzles, most are about 40% off.

Great to see Bendy is finally in stock, already got notice it shipped. I originally ordered it a week before it was released, went about a month without any update, only got a generic response about an influx of orders. I contacted them then eventually cancelled the order. Even if it was around Black Friday it was ridiculous to wait that long without a response. Had Red Faction in the same order and it didn't even ship.

Ordered South Park Fractured But Whole steelbook when it was $19.99 last week and ended up with a gutted copy. Was able to refund it and got a price match at Best Buy. Glad I'm almost out of gift cards, GameStop has been too much of a hassle. They really need to buy display only cases instead of gutting games. Toys R Us used to do that years ago and it worked out well.

That $30 360 looks great too, if only to be able to buy 360 games with XBOX gift cards.
I got the last Gold edition from a Gamestop a but far, but was worth it as it was new and seale (Yes, I was surprised too) funny thing is that when I redeemed the Gold edition/Season pass code it redeemed the full game on XBOX (Digital copy and Season pass content) so now I dont even need the disc it came with since it shows I own it (already tested it no disc in tray), I guess I can just trade the disc in and get like $3 for it

I know Mario Kart 8 for Wii U was $14.99, but has gone back to $20. Went ahead and got Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario for Wii BOGO 1/2 price before that promo ends. $12 for both games isn’t bad, as long as they work...hoping for cases 🤞🏼

I know Mario Kart 8 for Wii U was $14.99, but has gone back to $20. Went ahead and got Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario for Wii BOGO 1/2 price before that promo ends. $12 for both games isn’t bad, as long as they work...hoping for cases
Wii games almost always work. They could be scratched to hell and still work. I found one with a crack in it that worked.

Wii games almost always work. They could be scratched to hell and still work. I found one with a crack in it that worked.
can confirm. I sometimes buy lots of hundreds of game discs on ebay to run through my resurfacer. Ive had wii games that looked like they were rubbed around on a gravel driveway and they still worked. Wii u games on the other hand will stop working if you look at them funny.

can confirm. I sometimes buy lots of hundreds of game discs on ebay to run through my resurfacer. Ive had wii games that looked like they were rubbed around on a gravel driveway and they still worked. Wii u games on the other hand will stop working if you look at them funny.
Thanks guys! So is it really GC and Wii U games to be careful of?

Are there any Xbox 360 exclusives that can't be played on PC or Xbox One? I had planned on buying one to play Tales of Vesperia, but now that that has been remastered, I can't think of any other games that can't otherwise be played on PC or Xbox One.
Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 still one of my favorites, only on X360!

Ninety-Nine Nights! And part 2!
Beautiful Katamari is another.

NBA Baller Beats came with a Basketball that you would dribble to the “beat” using the Kinect while you play! Xbox 360 exclusive!!!

Yes. Wii U most definitely. I've had discs that look excellent that wouldn't play. GC is somewhere in the middle of Wii and Wii U.

You should certainly test any Wii games, but the odds of it not playing are fairly small. I've seen more dirty lasers causing problems than scratched discs.

If GameCube games are buffed they could look perfect but the buffer machine can remove a layer of the disc which renders the GameCube game worthless so definitely check them immediately. I have had games boot up but the get a disc read error after 5-10 minutes so definitely play for a little bit too.

If GameCube games are buffed they could look perfect but the buffer machine can remove a layer of the disc which renders the GameCube game worthless so definitely check them immediately. I have had games boot up but the get a disc read error after 5-10 minutes so definitely play for a little bit too.
Yeah, I ordered Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and the game worked until you got to a battle, then the disc would not read. Easily returned it to a store.

Can I ask what kind of resurfacer you have? How much was it, and do you think it's a good investment?

For this sale I picked up Oregon Trail (CIB) and Ju-On (disc only) for Wii, in-store. and Metal Slug 7, Nostalgia, Resident Evil, Rune Factory 3, Mega Man ZX Advent, and Dragon Ball: Attack of the Saiyans on DS from the website.

I just played through that Bendy game and it was really fun. Good horror mix of Bioshock and old 30's and 40's cartoons.
Although I did pick up some of the Bioshock vibes, I thought the game was so awful I didn't get more than 2 or 3 hours in. There's no color, no music, and the voice acting is god awful. Plus, voice-recorder memos and switch-flipping puzzles are beyond outdated. I found it boring and uninspired.

I just played through that Bendy game and it was really fun. Good horror mix of Bioshock and old 30's and 40's cartoons.

Although I did pick up some of the Bioshock vibes, I thought the game was so awful I didn't get more than 2 or 3 hours in. There's no color, no music, and the voice acting is god awful. Plus, voice-recorder memos and switch-flipping puzzles are beyond outdated. I found it boring and uninspired.
Its in stock and now I don't know if I will like it or not. Guess I have to go look up some videos on it.

Were new copies of Bendy in store actually sealed? Every copy I saw when it first came out didn't have shrink wrap.

Were new copies of Bendy in store actually sealed? Every copy I saw when it first came out didn't have shrink wrap.
Every copy we received was sealed. If anything the only ones that weren't were the 1 (on each console) we have to gut.

this sometimes happens with the first run of ubisoft gold edition games.

This isn't exactly true. Far Cry 5 gold edition digital code only gave the season pass.

I bought it day one.
So that SOMETIMES became a 2 for 2, got the last Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition at Gamestop for $20 and the Season Pass gave me the full game also, so they might have been first run on both Gold Ed. now the discs are being traded back and will become credit for another game that will stay in the backlog..

So that SOMETIMES became a 2 for 2, got the last Watch Dogs 2 Gold Edition at Gamestop for $20 and the Season Pass gave me the full game also, so they might have been first run on both Gold Ed. now the discs are being traded back and will become credit for another game that will stay in the backlog..
PS4 or XB1?

Damn also got mine from GameStop a week ago. Gotta check if it gave me the full game

GameStop lowered prices on pre-owned and refurbished 3ds's.
I'm thinking about getting a Mario Black Edition as it has the "New 3DS" specs without the large XL form factor that is too big for my pocket. What I'm worried about is the condition. Will it be beat all to hell? Does the 7 day full refund return count the day it ships or the day it arrives? I just don't know. It's always a gamble dealing with Gamestop.

...It is called a Stealth Bump, and it happens every month.
That’s quite obvious

What I was referring to was the values on a large number of games this go around.

This bump was substantially larger than normal, in regards to the value bumps and the amount of games bumped

I’m sitting on over 1k credit JUST from this weekend

That’s quite obvious

What I was referring to was the values on a large number of games this go around.

This bump was substantially larger than normal, in regards to the value bumps and the amount of games bumped

I’d love to know how when there weren’t any boomerangs.

That’s quite obvious

They cut out all last gen games. So bad for us thrift/pawn folks. I only got $200 for the current gen stuff I had that was bumped. Hopefully, there is some kind of trade promo concurrent with the next one. Hopefully, that CSAC comes back in February when It usually happens.

I’d love to know how when there weren’t any boomerangs.
I bet a lot of people blew their trade credit load on 1st party switch games during the B2G1 and then took it all back this past weekend. Not much profit there, but lots of points. Still not much to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back