2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear there's a new powerup rewards program coming out where you no longer get 10% off or get points. Instead, you get a flat $5 to spend every month. It's better then nothing (ie: pay $15 a year for $5x12months=$60 benefit), but the $5 doesn't stack, so you just lose $5 if you don't buy something pre-owned that month.

I can't find much info on this via the web, but maybe someone else has better Google-fu then I.

I hear there's a new powerup rewards program coming out where you no longer get 10% off or get points. Instead, you get a flat $5 to spend every month. It's better then nothing (ie: pay $15 a year for $5x12months=$60 benefit), but the $5 doesn't stack, so you just lose $5 if you don't buy something pre-owned that month.

I can't find much info on this via the web, but maybe someone else has better Google-fu then I.
I think it's only testing in 70-something stores, and the GameStop subreddit has banned all discussion of it. At first I thought that would kill GameStop for me, but if I can sign up for multiple PUR accounts to get multiple $5 coupons it could be worth it for collecting cheaper games.

I'll be headed to one of the beta stores first thing in the AM as i'm curious to see the fustercluck as early as possible.    The real funny thing is even in the city of Tampa there's two different districts on the same street (one of which is not participating in the beta), so someone can drive to a store 4 miles down the road and have a completely different rewards program.

I'll be headed to one of the beta stores first thing in the AM as i'm curious to see the fustercluck as early as possible. The real funny thing is even in the city of Tampa there's two different districts on the same street (one of which is not participating in the beta), so someone can drive to a store 4 miles down the road and have a completely different rewards program.
Let us all know how that goes, I want to know what happens to your benefits from district to district, if you get the $5 certs but still get 10% off at stores not in the beta. It would be nice if employees could talk about this.

I got some Switch games I want to get rid of but $25 credit is low. Might wait for national video game day and see if they have good promos and coupons again.

When does the $5 bonus for trading in Xbox one games, PS4 n switch games end? Just finished a game that’s 2.20 and it hasn’t dropped all week so I might as well trade it.

Damn it I traded in a game and was told to type in my phone number to pull up my account and was told I was all set. I assumed it was already put into my elite pro account but I see no trade credit at all or recent trade transaction. Wasn’t given a receipt either.

I renewed pro first time in two years. I got the b2g1 coupon but it expires in less than a month. I wasn't going to buy anymore games this month but damn GS forcing my hand now 

Looks like quite a few board games are 10$. Had been keeping an eye on that fallout chess set for a while now 9.99$ is perfect. The Mickey Mouse and nightmare before Christmas anniversary sets look nice too.

Well, I can confirm that Elite Pro 20% off still works with the beta stores.  They did not have automatically 10% cheaper prices as they said they would, but they told me that those price changes would be happening in a few weeks (I'm still doubtful, but we'll see).

I was told I could downgrade my Elite Pro to plain Pro and get $ off the $20 for the time left on my Elite, but since my discount works still, i'd much rather have the Elite benefits than a $5 coupon a month. 

They did not know of any end date for the beta, so I guess i'm good with my elite til September, unless more things change during the beta (i'll post if they do).

When does the $5 bonus for trading in Xbox one games, PS4 n switch games end? Just finished a game that’s 2.20 and it hasn’t dropped all week so I might as well trade it.

It ends 6/16.
Do you have to be a PUR member to take advantage of the $5 bonus trade-in? Mine lapsed. The print on the website doesn't state you have to be, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

To confirm, does the 5 dollar bonus stack with 20% extra TIV towards select games? If not then the 20% bonus is basically useless since no game trades for more than 25 anyway

Can you use a $20 PUR cert to buy 2 $9.99 games (same transaction)? Once I tried to use a cert to get  two different gift cards that were different values but totaled $50, but it did not work.

some quick redbox flips FWIW:

- the crew 2 (x1/ps4) $14.99 + tax -> $15 base TIV

- sonic mania plus (x1) $10.99 + tax -> $12 base TIV

Looks like NFS Payback PS4 is $9.99 new and trades in for $13.40 with elite.
Also works with UFC 3 I believe.
Thanks to the both of you. I cashed out 20,000 PUR points and turned it into $26.80 trade credit. I did 2 different transactions of 10,000 PUR points to buy each game at one store (was crowded and went to 2 different cashiers). The cashier at the store that I traded my games in told me that NFS was on sale for $10 and that it was weird that it was trading in for $13.40.

How many (new) games of the same title can you trade in per day?
My local 5below has games that can be traded in for $9 after the extra $5.

You can only trade one SKU per trade in at a store. You can trade at different stores but only 4 of the same SKU in a rolling 30 days or trade ban. Also, if it's new make sure you take the plastic off it first or they won't take it.
Thanks. I was gonna buy 10 and make $50 profit enough to preorder the new CoD game but I guess not.

Like a lot of you, I have not been earning my points for trade ins. I even called and the woman informed me they're no longer doing that. I called bullshit on her and hung up and called again and I got another person who helped me get my points

Like a lot of you, I have not been earning my points for trade ins. I even called and the woman informed me they're no longer doing that. I called bullshit on her and hung up and called again and I got another person who helped me get my points
Hell yeah! I called today and after being on hold for 5 minutes, tried to explain that I didn't get my $10 coupon for spending $50 last weekend and I might as well have called customer support for PetSmart because the guy had no idea wtf I was talking about so I just hung up.

In case people want a cheap Anthem steelbook.  best buy are selling the game at 19 ish with GCU and it trade in to gamestop at $15 credit with elite.  

Likely trade in has been heroes and homefront the revolution.

$2 each + $5 bonus. $14 total.
Also trading in my DS4,as L1 is broken.

Does gamestop accept broken controllers? I heard they have a fee. Will pick up a new DS4 when they're $40 next week.

Well, I can confirm that Elite Pro 20% off still works with the beta stores. They did not have automatically 10% cheaper prices as they said they would, but they told me that those price changes would be happening in a few weeks (I'm still doubtful, but we'll see).

I was told I could downgrade my Elite Pro to plain Pro and get $ off the $20 for the time left on my Elite, but since my discount works still, i'd much rather have the Elite benefits than a $5 coupon a month.

They did not know of any end date for the beta, so I guess i'm good with my elite til September, unless more things change during the beta (i'll post if they do).
Ok so wait....You downgrade from Elite to regular Pro, but they still make you spend an extra $20, minus whatever "discount" they give you for having had Elite? That....sucks. I've got 2 more years of Elite, but I'm really tempted to buy up all the games I want, because it's really starting to sound like Elite Pro might not be around much longer, and the 20% off is really the only reason we keep shopping there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back