2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to put it on my dropbox but I didn't want to get doxxed on my account. I could scan the pages to individual images and post to imgur I suppose. Will edit this post when that's done.

Here is the imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/t0AHdX9

Probably should have done that in the first place but was kinda lazy on scanning individual print outs.
Ok, I'd like to think that GS knows what they're doing business-wise even if their IT dept sucks. And I've noticed that they tend to put games on sale a few weeks before BB even if their prices are still higher. This leads me to believe they get some type of insider info of market trends or direct from Sony. So could trading and selling PS/2 games be a part of some upcoming streaming service where the disc would be the license? That would immediately provide value to those discs like the backwards compatible 360 games have.

Hate these cash same as trade promos. Limit is $500 cash and values are the same as they were during the 70% boost. Even with the bump happening this weekend, I doubt I'll get the $34 I was getting for Forza Horizon 2 last week.
Feel the same way. Cash is always a tiny fraction of what I'd get in credit. Would much rather have 70%.

Hate these cash same as trade promos. Limit is $500 cash and values are the same as they were during the 70% boost. Even with the bump happening this weekend, I doubt I'll get the $34 I was getting for Forza Horizon 2 last week.
Same. Wasn’t able to get everything traded this past weekend, and now we’re looking at the SB with very low values due to cash=credit.

I guess I am lucky, my home stores have the same cash promo but there are also a few stores within 15 minutes of me that have the 70% on everything. Systems and electronics are the best for same cash because they don't get bumped, but games and accessories should be traded with 70%.

I like being able to get cash when I’ve already got a ton of credit, and it’s especially good for things like accessories that usually don’t get a boost anyway.
Fair point on accessories. I have a bunch of old Wii stuff that would probably serve me better as cash money. Also I swear I've traded way over the $500 cash limit in the past without getting banned but I guess $500 is the safest bet.

Ok, I'd like to think that GS knows what they're doing business-wise even if their IT dept sucks. And I've noticed that they tend to put games on sale a few weeks before BB even if their prices are still higher. This leads me to believe they get some type of insider info of market trends or direct from Sony. So could trading and selling PS/2 games be a part of some upcoming streaming service where the disc would be the license? That would immediately provide value to those discs like the backwards compatible 360 games have.
They've been taking PS2 console trade-ins for some time now. They also dont sell them, AFAIK. Ive wondered what theyve been doing with those PS2s. It was weird that they completely skipped PS2 a few years ago when they added all of the other 6th gen consoles. I guess that had to do with 360 playing some Xbox and most Wiis playing Gamecube? Idk it was just weird to take the consoles but not the games

I purchased the Steamworld Collection, The Division, Mad Max and The Town of Light.  Also found a Sea of thieves Xbox One controller today pre-owned but it had the original box and inserts, just missing the DLC.  Its by far my favorite designed Xbox One controller so I couldnt pass it up for $45 in excellent condition.  

Bought a used game yesterday at GS and used a $5 off power up rewards cert. Got home and saw that that game was $5 cheaper on GS's website.

Nothing I can do right?

I skimmed and didnt see it.

I got an email order info thing today from gs, it shows a 20%extra credit towards certain games when you trade games and accessory, anybody know which games?

They've been taking PS2 console trade-ins for some time now. They also dont sell them, AFAIK. Ive wondered what theyve been doing with those PS2s. It was weird that they completely skipped PS2 a few years ago when they added all of the other 6th gen consoles. I guess that had to do with 360 playing some Xbox and most Wiis playing Gamecube? Idk it was just weird to take the consoles but not the games
I think that they ship them out of the U.S. and sell them in other countries. There are countries in other hemispheres where current gen systems are extremely overpriced and outside of the budgets of most people, so PS2s probably sell like hotcakes there. Piracy is also rampant in these countries. But, GameStop probably makes a mint in these places with stuff that many of us would rather dump.

I remember years ago when I worked for Kay-Bee Toys, people from overseas would come in and buy up entire stocks of original PlayStations. At a certain point, my manager told them they would have to buy at least one game if they bought the entire case since he was getting stuck with software at that location. Anyway, by that time, we were just getting into the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox generation here in the U.S., but apparently, they were selling well wherever these guys were taking them.

They would also buy entire cases of Furbys, but that's another story for another day. :)

A few pages back somebody said that they were charged tax on an in-store Xbox currency purchase. I bought a $15 xbox card yesterday without paying sales tax.

A few pages back somebody said that they were charged tax on an in-store Xbox currency purchase. I bought a $15 xbox card yesterday without paying sales tax.
Yea they had a system glitch sunday it was applying state tax to Gamestop stores in states where they dont charge tax so if you got hosed sunday you might be able to go back and get some $$$ back.

If it was used as you said you got the ability to return it if you buy something else they can take the 5$ off manually its an extra trip but I mean you do have that option.
It's true they ~can~ do this but it's extreme ymmv and most employees will probably look at you like you're crazy if you ask. Worth a try if you'll be back that way though!

If it was used as you said you got the ability to return it if you buy something else they can take the 5$ off manually its an extra trip but I mean you do have that option.
Thanks. Since I had the game still on hand I stopped in at my home store and the employee gave me a cash difference. Which is odd since I paid in trade credit and a $5 powerup reward. 😜

The difference was actually $4 something + tax not $5. But I am a CAG and it was worth the lunch break. 😁

Now to finally play Bravely Default...edit after I fill out a nice GS survey.

Did you just get this? I haven't seen anything about it.
I got it in one of the gs update emails when they spilt your order i guess they keep sending out emails, heres the image

gamestop_MKTG_D_20161127230803_Extra-Trade-Credit_4_4@2x.jpg

Is the guaranteed $20 promo screwing with (chopping down) games from the 70% (Cali) or Fortnight like it did in the past, to an automatic no-promo-eligible $20 base value?

They dropped Octopath Traveler down to 22. LOL. A game so popular it's getting harder to find, so naturally why wouldn't you drop the value, right?
Who knows? Maybe GameStop knows about a near-the-future price drop that the customers don't know about. I was surprised at how quickly Final Fantasy 15 dropped.

wel no ofense but ff 15 was not the best game imo. if u want  open world game lik that ur beter of jus playing gta nad if u want jrpg u shuld just play persona 5 or even p4 goilden is beter choise. also wat is best way to get trade in on xbox1 s model. i was living in group home 4 last few month so i mised the trade in specal. thx tim.

wel no ofense but ff 15 was not the best game imo. if u want open world game lik that ur beter of jus playing gta nad if u want jrpg u shuld just play persona 5 or even p4 goilden is beter choise. also wat is best way to get trade in on xbox1 s model. i was living in group home 4 last few month so i mised the trade in specal. thx tim.
Now there's a blast from the past.

Some of the top tier NSW games bumped back to $25, but TIV is still very low. Bad timing for the SB with cash=credit and no % bonus promo.

Octopath Traveler stayed at $22. I’m assuming GS is anticipating a flood of copies traded in soon.

Did anyone ever try price matching trade values with other stores? I think there was a post a week or two back that Gamestop would match values from elsewhere. About half of my games are better values at Best Buy, but I would rather not make two stops and Best Buy isn't as valuable to me since my GCU expired.

Did anyone ever try price matching trade values with other stores? I think there was a post a week or two back that Gamestop would match values from elsewhere. About half of my games are better values at Best Buy, but I would rather not make two stops and Best Buy isn't as valuable to me since my GCU expired.
They don't even PM their own website so...

Some of the top tier NSW games bumped back to $25, but TIV is still very low. Bad timing for the SB with cash=credit and no % bonus promo.

Octopath Traveler stayed at $22. I’m assuming GS is anticipating a flood of copies traded in soon.
The only ones who benefit are the ones in the no cash, 70% bonus TIV states (Cali.).

Is the 40% bump when trading in towards PSN or Xbox Live gift cards dead? Sorry, but I'm at work and can't read through the last several pages. Thanks.

How long has it been since there’s been NO bonus trade % offers? There’s no point without one. It’s like shopping at Kohl’s without a 30% off coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back