2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been answered here before, but does anyone know if you can renew a Pro account online using a $15 Online Only Rewards Certificate? I have never cashed out points for an online purchase (only redeemed for In-store barcode) so I’m not sure of the form it’s issued in and how it‘s applied. If you can do it online, do you get charged $0 as if you renewed via the in-store coupon? Is it active immediately? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Apologies if this has been answered here before, but does anyone know if you can renew a Pro account online using a $15 Online Only Rewards Certificate? I have never cashed out points for an online purchase (only redeemed for In-store barcode) so I’m not sure of the form it’s issued in and how it‘s applied. If you can do it online, do you get charged $0 as if you renewed via the in-store coupon? Is it active immediately? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
I believe no, but I have never tried it.

No, you have to go in store to renew your Pro account and you have to use the Pro renew coupon (not $15 cert).

SdYBJ6S.jpg

So not sure when, but within the last 2 weeks, Gamestop raise prices on retro controllers.

Was looking at N64 and Gamecube controllers, but both went up $5.

At $20 for N64.$30 gamecube, and $40 for wavebird, better off going to ebay.

There's a few they could close in my area. The one in the old mall was suppose to close, but the mall gave them like 5 years of free rent lol

The article says that it's just 200 stores this year, and many more in the next year or two. That's scary. GS is great for making money if you know when to trade in.
Where did it say many more?

Nonetheless, the company is beginning to roll out an ongoing plan that will also result in even more store closures into the next two years.

That camelot idiot said 2400 stores would be closing. This article doesn't seem like this is the case, the CFO said 95% of the stores are profitable. I guess we will find out.

Where did it say many more?

Nonetheless, the company is beginning to roll out an ongoing plan that will also result in even more store closures into the next two years.

That camelot idiot said 2400 stores would be closing. This article doesn't seem like this is the case, the CFO said 95% of the stores are profitable. I guess we will find out.
"And while these closures were more opportunistic, we are applying a more definitive, analytic approach, including profit levels and sales transferability, that we expect will yield a much larger tranche of closures over the coming 12 to 24 months."

"And while these closures were more opportunistic, we are applying a more definitive, analytic approach, including profit levels and sales transferability, that we expect will yield a much larger tranche of closures over the coming 12 to 24 months."
ok, still doesn't sound like half of them will close like camelot said, why would they do that if 95% are turning profit? Next gen should help too.

That strategic turnaround doesnt sound too good. Why not just cut the shit and offer the best price. Instead of a system of points and promos most people dont feel like keeping track of.
ae680e7bb5a5c3ec295a9ef223c7fe4a.jpg
ba925c5a7fb47c1d039e36d8ad4267ae.jpg
38deb258f4f44f393cb014af9fdff2e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You are stupid for not understanding the sarcasm and irony. This store takes advantage of consumers that don't know better
You’re just an idiot. I’m guessing you also think it’s okay to say something racist, as long as you’re making a joke. fucking twat.

For as much crap as some of you give that youtuber he's been spot on more then you guys.

Anyway ya they are pretty much done. Next gen will help but only so much. I will miss them. If you know how to work the gamestop system and the resell game they are super important. I pray the employees are taken care of and given reasonable notice.

A silver lining to these store closures is that it'll help condense the remaining stores' inventory a little.

Right now, I have 18 GameStops within a 15-mile radius. I've also visited towns where there are only one or two locations around. The difference in inventory and variety is staggering.

THERE: Please help yourself to our banquet of Dokapon Kingdoms, Yo-Kai Watch Blasters and Solatorobos.

HERE: We have both types of game here, partner. Call of Duty, AND Assassin's Creed!

I'm exaggerating juuust a little, but the point is, the chain is so saturated that many stores get by with "blue chip" titles and little else. With fewer GameStops, the choice shit won't be as spread-out.

ok, still doesn't sound like half of them will close like camelot said, why would they do that if 95% are turning profit? Next gen should help too.
I'm assuming that closing the smaller stores will remove overhead costs, and they're hoping people will go to remaining stores, increasing their profits.

If Camelot knew what he was talking about, he would be making money as an analyst, not asking for money after getting fired from whatever Walmart vendor role he had. And wasn't GameStop "coming after him"

Why are folks hating on Camelot? He's right most of the time. Everybody and their brother said they would regret moving towards statues/shirts/funkos instead of adapting to their actual market, and now people are losing their minds because a YouTuber who worked there is talking about what he knows. How many of those statues and shirts sit for months on end until deep clearances? Not to mention they're more expensive than everybody else on funko pops, just like charging $5-10 more than everybody else's MSRP on accessories.

Didn't Gears of War 5 come out today? Amazed nobody is talking about the guaranteed 59.99 trade credit, unless of course it didn't get it.
Because anybody that wanted to try it out paid a dollar to do so, I can't imagine many folks actually buying Gears 5 this time around. It's awesome, but there's not a lot of incentive for people (on here) to pay that for it.

Someone just redeemed over 20,000 points from my account. I called CS. i had to change email and password. It took about 10 minutes to resolve.

I lucked out. The stores near me happen to be prestige stores. I also went to a new location that is also prestige. It's safe to assume that they won't be closing.  :D/

Didn't Gears of War 5 come out today? Amazed nobody is talking about the guaranteed 59.99 trade credit, unless of course it didn't get it.
At this point I tend to assume anybody who's going to grab a first party Xbox game at launch already has GamePass. I love GamePass, but I'll never understand the business logic behind it - putting all first party titles on there day and date has to be putting a major damper on their software revenue.

I lucked out. The stores near me happen to be prestige stores. I also went to a new location that is also prestige. It's safe to assume that they won't be closing. :D/
Does Prestige Status have anything to do with sales or profitablity? I thought it was all Customer Service related, ie surveys.

You mean to tell me that the company that sells gutted games as ‘new’, throws away cases for collectible retro games, constantly pesters its in-store customers about purchasing pre-orders, cancels in-store pickup orders for no reason, has employees who refuse to honor its own sales, ships out used games that are sometimes cracked in half or not even the correct game, is loaded with overpriced collectibles that sit on the shelf until they are clearanced for well below MSRP, and has a broken-ass website is going out of business?

That strategic turnaround doesnt sound too good. Why not just cut the shit and offer the best price. Instead of a system of points and promos most people dont feel like keeping track of.
Because their consultants told them it was a good idea. The consultants told them it's a good idea because they make more money supporting the systems they recommend than they do by telling them to cut the shit. The management listens to consultants because the consultants will continue recommending them for management roles. Not a conspiracy theory, just an observation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Someone just redeemed over 20,000 points from my account. I called CS. i had to change email and password. It took about 10 minutes to resolve.
So, I wasn't the only one? Not only that but two days later they purchased a $50 code for that stupid arcade service.

When I called customer service the guy actually had the balls to say "I don't know how it could be anyone else but you. They knew all of your information." Are you fucking kidding me? Your shitty site was hacked. They got ALL of my information. He told me someone from corporate would be in touch "in 48 hours to see if they would authorize a one time refund." Huge surprise, no call as of yet. And because they still haven't contacted me or cancelled the purchase it has now been authorized by my card company. I called them minutes after hanging up with the GS douche and they said they couldn't do anything at the time because the charge was still pending.
I hadn't purchased anything from that shitty company in ages and just had to buy stuff during that stupid Labor Day Sale. That was my idiotic fault.

Lmao those collectibles on clearance ain't shit to them. For every one they sell for a dollar 10 fools bought them at full price. They clearance them out to make room for more garbage that idiots will buy again at full price.

You don't think every kid going in there begging for a $15 pokemon plush isn't rolling in bank? They probably pay $2 each for those in bulk lol.

At this point I tend to assume anybody who's going to grab a first party Xbox game at launch already has GamePass. I love GamePass, but I'll never understand the business logic behind it - putting all first party titles on there day and date has to be putting a major damper on their software revenue.
Digital is continuing to slowly replace physical - plus, Microsoft wants people to get Game Pass so that they are on a recurring billing cycle. Also, I haven't played Gears 5 but if there are loot boxes in the game like in 4 then Microsoft is counting on people essentially gambling on that stuff for skins, characters, etc.

I never had my account hacked and I also have 100k points right now. I spent money during the labor day sale and have had an account for years. Do you reuse the same password online.

Because anybody that wanted to try it out paid a dollar to do so, I can't imagine many folks actually buying Gears 5 this time around. It's awesome, but there's not a lot of incentive for people (on here) to pay that for it.
Yeah, if you own an Xbox and don’t have Gamepass I don’t know what you’re doing.

Gamestop is a joke. I had been browsing in their store for the last few weeks since I seen people get those shirts in the SNES case for B1G1 free. Well I noticed when they ran the 3 games for $25  $14.99 or under, well they changed the prices on most of the games and retagged them to be over the $14.99.

They still gutting games and selling them as new. As a physical collector its hard to see them go but its like why do we need you either.

Camelot.. The backwoods, inbred, No shirt, No jews, red pickup truck, tobacco chewing, Tractor riding hillbilly did it to himself because he's that stupid. 

He's such a dumbass he gets his manager friend fired. His dumbass is going to learn what defamation and slander is.

A bunch of you hyped him up over his gamestop videos. The guy worked at gamestop and walmart. How smart do you really think he is? He's actually on his way to getting sued by gamestop and my guess is gamestop is going to win. His little dumbass followers of course think he is.

Don’t have an Xbox here but did grab Gears yesterday. Figured what the hell. Combined it with the trade in promo a few weeks ago to get the extra credit towards a preorder. My store is close to my house so if it helped an employees preorder number for the day then that’s cool since I’ll get all my money back today anyways. All the employees at my stores are always super nice and help me with anything and even get stuff shipped from other stores at times so if I can do something to help them out here and there with a good survey or a preorder and trades then I will.

Jeez this Needler person really doesn't like Gamestop or that Camelot guy. I do agree that Camelot sounds like an idiot and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

I just saw Gamestop is closing about 200 stores, which honestly is something they have needed to do for years now. They just have too many stores on top of each other from when they merged with EB Games. Just by my house alone there are two Gamestop stores literally across the highway from each other. 

I'd hate to see Gamestop go so I hope this helps them stick around. Gamestop is no worse than any other corporation and I know myself and several others here have gotten some great deals over the years with Gamestop trade promotions and sales. 

I just saw Gamestop is closing about 200 stores, which honestly is something they have needed to do for years now. They just have too many stores on top of each other from when they merged with EB Games. Just by my house alone there are two Gamestop stores literally across the highway from each other. .
Did they say close 200 additional or on target to have 200 closed by end of fiscal year. That means two very different things. If they’re “on target” that falls in the initiative that started earlier this year. Not really concerned by that because many of those stores were loss leaders.

Digital is continuing to slowly replace physical - plus, Microsoft wants people to get Game Pass so that they are on a recurring billing cycle. Also, I haven't played Gears 5 but if there are loot boxes in the game like in 4 then Microsoft is counting on people essentially gambling on that stuff for skins, characters, etc.
None of that crap in Gears 5. Campaign is solid. Well worth $1.08 or so it cost me to upgrade GPU. Even at $2.16 (2 months for $2) it is still well worth it. I bought Gears 4 Ultimate when it came out for the full price (ok 20% off Live credit). Kind of regretted it. Don't regret just playing Gears 5 on GPU.

Game has some issue though so maybe wait a week or so for them to hopefully fix those issues.

They still gutting games and selling them as new. As a physical collector its hard to see them go but its like why do we need you either.
Some people say they do that because people love to hold the cases in their hands and read them before making a purchase. Perhaps some are like that. But as more and more people go digital I think more and more people don't need to physically hold a case in their hands before making a decision to buy or not buy a game. Plenty of online reviews, twitch, youtube etc to help people make up their minds about a game.

Add to that online ordering from everyone else that doesn't suck. Buying games online from Best Buy for delivery or in store pickup is much easier and less nonsense then Game Stop. For the most part Bestbuy.com works and isn't a constant shit show. I don't buy a ton of games new anymore but when I do from BB they are there waiting for me when I go to pick them up. They aren't gutted or sold to someone else who came in before me. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself for my BL3 pickup on Friday.

Sucks for those who like much more variety in their games though. Lots of stuff Best Buy and Amazon doesn't carry that Game Stop does. I was at Walmart yesterday and they didn't even have Wreckfest. Didn't seem they even had a spot on the shelf for it for either console. Target did have it though.

But for more mainstream gamers GS seems less and less relevant. Almost all of my consoles over the years have been purchased from them. A few from Best Buy but Game Stop usually has a better deal or I have more GS credit. Both my current consoles were bought at Game Stop.

IHthPX4.jpg

*Offer expires 9/12/19 for Gears V and 9/15 for Borderlands 3. Offer valid only on Gears 5 and Borderlands 3. Guaranteed trade credit value of $59.99 is maximum net value for game trade. Promotional trade credit does not include tax. Cannot be combined with credit bonus for paid PowerUp Rewards memberships or any other offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back