2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know how the $15 Fandango code for Star Wars is being handled? I’m picking up my preorder today but am also getting one from Target from the 40% off deal.

I don't know what my first account was so I would call this my main account. I was scammed by a user Donny Stafford was the name for the mailing address and I left the site angry over what occured. I came back just recently.
I think they believe you are the same person as oakley whatever. He posted about buying 3 switches and then you posted about your experience selling two switches so that must make you the same person with two accounts.

Looks like Pokemon Sword/Shield is starting at $35 TIV base. That's a good sign.

We've come a long way from GS offering $22 for Yoshi's Crafted World during its launch week. >_>

So my elite expires last month . If I renew online for 14.99 will it give elite back or be pro ?
Are you a player member right now, as in you haven't renewed? If so, then renewing online should reinstate your Elite Pro as it's what happened yesterday when I renewed after my Elite Pro expired on Wednesday

There was a trade in deal last BF right? Dont want to trade in $5-8 games right now if theyll be getting an extra $5 or 50%.
I don't recall anything, and I know the only thing I picked up there was God of War. There is nothing in their press release from then, in any case, but that doesn't mean my memory is perfectly accurate.

Link to last year's deals press release thingy:

http://news.gamestop.com/news-releases/news-release-details/gamestop-reveals-its-official-2018-black-friday-deals

There was a trade in deal last BF right? Dont want to trade in $5-8 games right now if theyll be getting an extra $5 or 50%.
$5 extra nets you more if the game has a base value less than what's listed below.

@ 10% = >$50.00 (PUR)
@ 20% = >$25.00 (Elite)
@ 30% = >$16.67 (PUR + 20% preorder bonus)
@ 40% = >$12.50 (Elite + 20% preorder bonus)
@ 50% = >$10.00 (basic membership + 50% promo bonus)
@ 60% = >$8.33 (PUR + 50% promo bonus)
@ 70% = >$7.14 (Elite + 50% promo bonus)

The 50% bonus is usually when you trade in a certain number of games at the same time, and hasn't happened in awhile. Might happen around christmas, but who knows. If another $5 trade promo comes up, in your case you're probably better off just jumping on that, instead of hoping for the 50% bonus to come back around. I say that as the $5 bonus has come up a couple times within the past couple months, whereas I can't even remember the last time GS did the 50% bonus (outside california).

Did anyone find out if Fallen Order is getting a $5 reward in addition to the Fandango offer? I saw someone mention that earlier, but never saw it confirmed

They just ran an extra $5 promo likely to increase inventory for the B2G1F they always run. The continued $5 for Switch is to do the same since they usually have a low inventory on big name Switch games.

They just ran an extra $5 promo likely to increase inventory for the B2G1F they always run. The continued $5 for Switch is to do the same since they usually have a low inventory on big name Switch games.
So that means that theres likely not going to be one for a while?

So anything good come out of the bump? I'd rather find out now that hear on Monday about someone made out when it's over.
If you have Elite and picked up MK11 Switch via the glitch, you'd have paid $10 for a $29 trade-in. A small one, but a welcome one.

I need some advice/recommendations. I have that $10 coupon from COD and I wanted to pick something up, but most of what I want is going to be cheaper on Black Friday. Does anyone have any idea of a good game, that's not going to be a part of Black Friday that I could pick up before the coupon expires? I have a PS4 and Switch. Any responses are appreciated. I've played a shit ton of games so maybe if you have a few to recommend you could drop them in a response.

As far as my gaming tastes goes, I play just about everything except for racing and sports games. I feel like most of the games that I've missed are ones that have probably flown under the radar. Another thing is that the games don't necessarily have to fantastic. 

I need some advice/recommendations. I have that $10 coupon from COD and I wanted to pick something up, but most of what I want is going to be cheaper on Black Friday. Does anyone have any idea of a good game, that's not going to be a part of Black Friday that I could pick up before the coupon expires? I have a PS4 and Switch. Any responses are appreciated. I've played a shit ton of games so maybe if you have a few to recommend you could drop them in a response.

As far as my gaming tastes goes, I play just about everything except for racing and sports games. I feel like most of the games that I've missed are ones that have probably flown under the radar. Another thing is that the games don't necessarily have to fantastic.
Just get a Eshop or PSN Card or you could buy Pokemon Shield Sword and trade it back in.

I need some advice/recommendations. I have that $10 coupon from COD and I wanted to pick something up, but most of what I want is going to be cheaper on Black Friday. Does anyone have any idea of a good game, that's not going to be a part of Black Friday that I could pick up before the coupon expires? I have a PS4 and Switch. Any responses are appreciated. I've played a shit ton of games so maybe if you have a few to recommend you could drop them in a response.

Ok I'll throw a few at you: prey, axiom verge, dishonored 1&2, inside+limbo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would actually recommend buying any used top-tier Switch title you are interested in. Would make the game $44.99 before any membership related discounts. I actually plan to do this for Link's awakening...since the ad next week is a dud (all the good sales will start after the coupon expires).

While it's ultra tempting to flip my price glitch copy of MK11, I'm keeping it for when I get a Switch Lite. What other NSW games should I look to get? I know for sure I want Super Mario Odyssey, NSMBU Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda: BotW, and LA Noire.

While it's ultra tempting to flip my price glitch copy of MK11, I'm keeping it for when I get a Switch Lite. What other NSW games should I look to get? I know for sure I want Super Mario Odyssey, NSMBU Deluxe, Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda: BotW, and LA Noire.
I'd flip it if your not in a hurry to play it.. I'm sure they will release a complete edition like they did with mortal x, releasing xl

I'd flip it if your not in a hurry to play it.. I'm sure they will release a complete edition like they did with mortal x, releasing xl

It'll be at least a couple of months before I can buy a Switch Lite. Likely gonna buy it on my birthday as a splurge gift to myself. Hadn't about the fact they'll probably release a complete/xl edition though.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I found a store near by that has Persona: Endless Night Collection for $54.97. I was a huge fan of PS4 Dance All Night on the Vita, so I figured these would be fun games to just play occasionally or to sit down with for awhile.

Did anyone find out if Fallen Order is getting a $5 reward in addition to the Fandango offer? I saw someone mention that earlier, but never saw it confirmed
With past games it was $5 for non pro members and $10 for pro members but I never saw it advertised in store or online. Just a few folks confirming they received an email referencing $5 but not $10. Interesting to see if pro member will get $5 this time around (as compared to $10 for games like COD, Code Vein and Mario/Sonic Olympics 2020).

Even if they do. The price between it and buying all the dlc plus the $11 base game would not be significant.

Even if they do. The price between it and buying all the dlc plus the $11 base game would not be significant.
Yea I didn't consider that the switch version doesnt fit on the cartridge, so it would be a download anyway. I was thinking how the ps4 mortal kombat x/xl released a whole new disc containing all content which is valuable to me as a collector. I generally sell off or trade day one editions before they lose too much value to then purchase them at reduced price or a sale price of a complete edition physically.

I feel sorry for GS employees. All the guys at my stores are great. Maybe I will bring them drinks and snacks since they have to work on Thanksgiving.

Another GS cost-cutting measure going into effect soon: Game Informer is going down to publishing 10 issues a year. They used to be 10 issues in the early years of Funcoland, but it's hard not to see this move as anything but regression. Yesterday's Xbox conference has me a little worried for the future of this company.

I feel sorry for GS employees. All the guys at my stores are great. Maybe I will bring them drinks and snacks since they have to work on Thanksgiving.

Another GS cost-cutting measure going into effect soon: Game Informer is going down to publishing 10 issues a year. They used to be 10 issues in the early years of Funcoland, but it's hard not to see this move as anything but regression. Yesterday's Xbox conference has me a little worried for the future of this company.
The manager at mine makes Thanksgiving dinner for her employees that have to work. Which is crazy because she has to work too. I’m gonna offer to bring in some food to help out.

Skip NSMBU and get Mario Maker 2 instead

Anybody else have issues trading stuff in and putting it on a trade card tonight?  One employee tonight told me I couldn't swipe my trade card because it would be wiped clean and the amount from that transaction would be the only amount on there.  

Any truth to this?  He had to give me the balance on a GS gift card, which I can't put more trade credit on apparently.  Not sure what's going on. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back