2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So not really feeling code vein. Combat feels slow,enemies feel faster, and I suck in general. I played some bloodborne, but this feels off.

Getting ganged up on is getting tiresome. Camera constantly shifts,which makes it worse. Sometimes I can't even heal, as I'm constantly getting hit.

Glad only paid $20, as I can get my money back at gamestop. Current trade in $20,$22 with PUR.

Anyone else tried ordering online recently?

Tried yesterday for pick up using trade credit... Canceled. Still no refund back.

Tried again at a different store using credit card, worked just fine.

Tried another store today using trade credit, been waiting about 4 hours now for confirmation, order doesn't show up on my account. Hoping it goes through.
I ordered a controller and game with trade credit last night and got the email for pick up this morning. Picked it up no problem. Have you called the store? Some stores seem to be more on top of online orders than others.

I ordered a controller and game with trade credit last night and got the email for pick up this morning. Picked it up no problem. Have you called the store? Some stores seem to be more on top of online orders than others.
Yeah I called and they ended up processing it. Probably just busy today.

I guess the other one that canceled mine was just lazy? Cause I still see the item in stock for their store.

That might have been it, but why pick the most expensive shipping option?
If I'm seeing the correct seller you bought from ($20, expedited shipping, New(other), played once), then one thing I noticed immediately is that they have zero feedback as a seller.

So ... maybe they want to take the hit, provide exceptional value, to get their feedback rank up.

Also EBay was messenging off about "guaranteed" value, if a game sells below their calculated target value. I suspect that applies only to bids, however.

If it's not that, then they were also sending internal emails promising cash-back for 1st time sellers, to sell a Video Game. I think it was $20 EBay credit, or something close.. I got the internal EBay email on my "buying-only" account. It was time limited, so the item HAD to sell before a specified date.

If that fails, then they screwed up what they had, confusing it with the Code Vein manga pin set (or similar), which is worth $20.

Or, as others said here, the person doesn't care because they are rich, or, someone else paid for shipping (like their employer - yikes! .. try to expense that).

Maybe it was a combination of any reasons .. to get positive feedback, to get the EBay credit bonus, to bill someone else...

So I bought the $100 WoW 15th collector's edition on a spur of the moment "wtf is that" + pang no nostalgia, and realized here sitting at home I should have probably considered waiting for a collectable promotion.

How badly did I mess up with the holiday sales coming? I'm not sure I could fit that box into the $5 25% off bag...

So I bought the $100 WoW 15th collector's edition on a spur of the moment "wtf is that" + pang no nostalgia, and realized here sitting at home I should have probably considered waiting for a collectable promotion.

How badly did I mess up with the holiday sales coming? I'm not sure I could fit that box into the $5 25% off bag...
If its the big thing I think it is, with the game, it wouldn't count for the collectible bag because it's in the system as a pc game.

If its the big thing I think it is, with the game, it wouldn't count for the collectible bag because it's in the system as a pc game.
Correct it's a PC game so it wouldn't count.
Pro tip though. Items don't need to fit in the bag. It just needs to be on the same transaction.

Correct it's a PC game so it wouldn't count.
Pro tip though. Items don't need to fit in the bag. It just needs to be on the same transaction.
Ahh, well I don't think it comes with the game.. just 30 days gametime so I guess it technically is for "pc".

So does that big charmander work with those 25% off bags? I need a snuggle buddy.

Yeah I called and they ended up processing it. Probably just busy today.

I guess the other one that canceled mine was just lazy? Cause I still see the item in stock for their store.
A store cancelled part of my order the other day, and that was after I called them to see if they had all the games, they said yes, and then I asked the associate to put the items aside for me. So yeah in both cases, probably just the GS employee being stupid/lazy.

So when does gs usually drop their weekly ad since obviously that's gonna be when we get the bf info. Sunday night? I know if you know the link we get it before it's fully posted sometimes.

i am in the process of recording a new rap

g$ dave - no promotion (lil peep emo rap type beat)

i've got beef with people on the gs thread on cag on there i have no fans
been sl for 2 decades and still ain't got no bands

i woke and showered bitch
i'm still 100k in debt

in my 40's a failure
and i still ain't humble yet

work my ass off everyday
and still no promotion yet

my wife won't fuck me until i catch up on rent payments, it's true
i can hardly afford anything on a low wage gs sl salary and my balls are fuckin' blue

i have a fuck up for a life
i've got a goblin for a wife

and minecraft is the only thing that keeps me going

(auto tune singing outro)
i have a fuck up for a life
i've got a goblin for a wife yea yea
Are you okay?

would you be ok if you put your heart and soul into a company for 20 years only to see the talentless family member of the current dm promoted to the new dm position because he's related? especially since he ran a failing store. i bet he was in charge of the district that lost $250,000 from you locally because he was in that ballpark figure last year. pm me the name of your store and district and your manager's name and i'll see if it's the same way. and if it is please buy some items from him tomorrow with your friends and all of you need to leave him bad surveys immediately. the way they did dave is simply put an injustice.
I highly doubt anyone has been in GameStop for 20 years at a store level seems like corporate would have axed them by now as bad as that sounds. Who is Dave?

dave did such good numbers, best surveys, highest sales in district, #1 in customer satisfaction, least amount of returns, etc. so it's easy to see why he's been there so long. every customer gets the dave experience when he's there which is pretty much all the time because he's willing to even work off the clock just to make sure everything is done right.
Perspective you are clearly talking in third person and are heavily bias plus your working off the clock which is bad. You may believe the above statements to be true but in actuality they are probably tainted by your opinions and bias. I worked retail I was around the middle wasn't the slowest and or fastest and left. I knew what I was doing there you should think about what you will do once GameStop gets rid of you

I highly doubt anyone has been in GameStop for 20 years at a store level seems like corporate would have axed them by now as bad as that sounds. Who is Dave?
dave is him, he is speaking in the third person again even though he didnt create a username with "dave" in it this time

it's sad when you work at a company for 20 years, win the sl of the year award for 3 years straight, run a prestige store with the highest amounts of preorders, gpg sales, and trade ins in the district and guess who they promote to dm? the current dm's son who was handed the sl position at his store, doesn't have a prestige store and his location managed is in danger of being closed down q1 2020 for poor performance.
If you can't even get your store to Prestige Extreme status, you can't blame them. 🙄

If only you hadn't made such a shitty website, designed to rip off the mentally feeble and alienate those who actually keep your employer in business. Then you would have gotten promoted.

Does anyone know if gamestop still give out the B2G1 coupon for renewing Pro membership?

I recently renewed mine but I don't see the coupon in my offers.

Just got a $10 rewards cash in my active offers. Not sure it it's for Outer Worlds,Modern Warfare or Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games. Says it expires today.

It's petty, but I need to vent about GameStop. I have a basic membership, and I was expecting to get a couple coupons this month, one for pre-ordering The Outer Worlds and one for my birthday. I've gotten neither, and when I asked my local store, they were confused and didn't know why.

So I tried e-mailing customer service. They told me that "November birthday coupons are not available at this moment", so maybe it will arrive someday, but I"m not holding my breath. As for the pre-order, they first claimed they couldn't find a record of it, and then, once I sent them copies of the receipts, claimed that The Outer Worlds wasn't eligible to begin with. Or, rather, "that The Outer Worlds dont cames with pre order bonuts."

(Mmm... bonuts.)

I don't care much about the coupons, and I can't complain that much about not getting free stuff. It's the confusion that gets to me, though. No-one I've spoken to seems to know what's what.

Just got a $10 rewards cash in my active offers. Not sure it it's for Outer Worlds,Modern Warfare or Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games. Says it expires today.
It's Outer Worlds. I just got mine too and I didn't get those other games. Go figure it's good for one day. If I can't find anything, PSN credit it is

Pokemon Shield pre-owned is at one of my stores, but I have no option to reserve it for pick up in-store (so I can use CAG16)... I recall this happening with pre-owned copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 soon after release. =/

I think they must have like a month wait time on being up to hold in-store pick ups of pre-owned new releases. I'm basing this on when I got Fire Emblem Three houses. I got it on 8/22 and the game was released 7/26.

Definitely annoying that the coupon expires today though. Good thing I've been checking my active offers every day

Pokemon Shield pre-owned is at one of my stores, but I have no option to reserve it for pick up in-store (so I can use CAG16)... I recall this happening with pre-owned copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 soon after release. =/

I think they must have like a month wait time on being up to hold in-store pick ups of pre-owned new releases. I'm basing this on when I got Fire Emblem Three houses. I got it on 8/22 and the game was released 7/26.
Just go pick it up now. We're inside the holiday return window, so once they do unlock the hold/cag16, you can return one with the more expensive receipt.

Just saw that they put out pamphlets for the new rewards program. This really sucks. Sorry this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what they're doing for existing members?

Just saw that they put out pamphlets for the new rewards program. This really sucks. Sorry this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what they're doing for existing members?
Everyone will get automatically rolled over on the 1st of next year.

If you go to a store to renew your plan now, and roll yourself into another year of Pro, they will give you a $5 credit that can be used on new products, but you'll still get the stack of the 10% off through the rest of the year, but it expires 11/30, so I assume you need to do this before then too. And you won't start getting the $5 coupons until next year.

However, as I've been told, they will continue to have existing plans include the 10% off used into next June or so, even if you've renewed into the new plan.

But after next June, it sounds like the 10% it's completely kaput for everybody regardless of when you signed up.

The consensus is everyone will rollover to the new program by Spring 2020.

I haven't heard this anywhere. All I hear is that it's new plan for everyone starting next year. Still wondering what's gonna happen to my elite though.
I've asked several GS employees (managers and asms), as that's only on their end, so you can always ask the ones at your stores to get more details since they've been sent all the details already.

Though, hopefully the staff at your stores don't suck, and be all cloak and dagger about it, but it's not like it's a secret they aren't allow to tell customers about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back