2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't buy 36 copies of NCAA 2014? I though this was the NCAA resellers group.
I never saw the stack, personally. Did you?

The disc with the V shaped crud in the inner portion seems familiar... almost like a recirculated picture ..

So it looks like Anthem is on sale for $4.99 for the DOTD today. I keep hearing things about it being an unfinished game but is it worth $5 at this point?
I'd say you could get $5 of enjoyment out of it. I bought it for $6 from a store going out of business last fall and am waiting on the retooling of it before I play.

The image in question is:

s-l1600.jpg

bmcgrevy you're full of horse poop.

Editing your posts wont erased the shenanigans you attempt.  Somebody will notice. I noticed.

I also noticed you took down a bunch of your "original" posts with pictures.  Why is that?  .. recirculating pictures...

You might have gotten away with it, but I mean, the posted picture is kinda .. unforgettable.

If the bumped value is still on our app, will we be able to get it at the store? Does it depend on the manager?
Very YMMV. More often than not, what shows in the POS is what you will get. Doesn't really matter what shows in the app or if it's saved. You could get lucky though.

Because I never posted that image. At least not intentionally. That must have been the image I accidentally quoted from another poster in this thread who also posted that one. You must be confusing it with someone else in here because I know for a fact that other people posted images of their NCAA hauls. The only reason I took mine down is because I noticed that people weren't interested in them anymore and didn't want people quoting them and cluttering the thread.

By the way, others specifically asked for NCAA pictures which is why me and others posted them. If you're not interested, that's fine. But going around and accusing innocent posters on wrongdoings when they were only trying to help and did what was asked is really crossing the line.

People asked for NCAA pictures me and others posted them. Then they got mad and said to stop posting them so we did and we deleted them because of complaints about thread cluttering. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I did get another NCAA package today in the mail so if anyone wants pictures still then we will have to do it through PM. I am still curious in seeing others.
I'll refresh your memory,

July 28, 2020

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/page-1089#entry14309487

The same V shaped inner portion defect is in the post you recently deleted, but I recognize it as one you posted before -- (also your recent posts where photos are "old", because they are anything but original). But you like to repost them as new. Tell me more.

edit - he deleted that post too. Evidence shows as a invalid page. /sigh -- {{-- -- MODS! --}}

I've been waiting for a while for doom eternal to get to around $30. Plus got a $10 off coupon.

Just got an email saying my order has shipped. I havent ordered anything in almost two months. Open the email, order date of June 10. Ordered several games, forgot that one never arrived. Guess it’s coming now!

Just got an email saying my order has shipped. I havent ordered anything in almost two months. Open the email, order date of June 10. Ordered several games, forgot that one never arrived. Guess it’s coming now!
Same boat. Order from mid June... last gen game that came so scratched that it would look like I did it on purpose so emailed CS. Never responded after a week so bit the bullet and returned to store for cash. 1 week later email reply saying my I'd be getting a replacement copy but it would be up to 2 weeks later. Assumed they figured I returned it to a store and disapproved my replacement. 6 weeks later get the mystery blank email :cold: I bet I get the same scratched copy as my free replacement....

How do you see the order date in the blank email?

Wow.. that's nuts.

I wish they'd fix my lost package from June...

Awww, my local GameStop has a new manager that completely sucks. Used to have a great one, this guy won’t even match trade values on GameStop’s own app. Oh well I guess I’m avoiding buying physical just so I don’t have anything to trade lol

Still need them to trade up to new consoles, but that’s the only thing I’ll purchase from them again

Well, guess I was hasty saying I would pass on the B4 under $30 for $80.  Doom eternal and Jedi fallen order are both under $30.  This is the first that I’ve found them qualifying for a pre-owned sale.  Not 50% off, but with it earning a $10 coupon too, good enough for me.

Well, guess I was hasty saying I would pass on the B4 under $30 for $80. Doom eternal and Jedi fallen order are both under $30. This is the first that I’ve found them qualifying for a pre-owned sale. Not 50% off, but with it earning a $10 coupon too, good enough for me.
Yep, same games I bought to trade into amazon. Since they've been at 54.99 for a while local stores had multiple copies for both systems for pickup which is always good when timing is critical!

And they just announced that doom eternal gets a free next gen upgrade!  Within minutes of my purchase.  Knowing a next gen version of most late AAA releases would be coming is what has held me back on a lot of purchases, but a free upgrade for previous owners is a great new trend I’d like to see more of.  I don’t have RDR2 yet, it’s obviously coming to the next gen systems,  probably the systems after that too, but I’d buy it now if I knew a free next gen upgrade was coming.  

GameStop’s website is absolute garbage. I usually purchase through the app which is a bit better, but I can’t get any PUR certs through there. Smh.

I guess you can’t use a rewards cert if you do the 2/$45 or 4/$80? It doesn’t work with my $5 monthly coupon but I know there’s different rules for those (can’t use on PSN credit for example).

And they just announced that doom eternal gets a free next gen upgrade! Within minutes of my purchase. Knowing a next gen version of most late AAA releases would be coming is what has held me back on a lot of purchases, but a free upgrade for previous owners is a great new trend I’d like to see more of. I don’t have RDR2 yet, it’s obviously coming to the next gen systems, probably the systems after that too, but I’d buy it now if I knew a free next gen upgrade was coming.
tenor.gif

Haha, yeah, with how much they have milked GTAV, and how much it’s still selling, It’s unlikely.  I’ll wait 3-4 years till the next gen version RDR2 qualifies for a good deal I guess.  On the other hand, games as a service is becoming so huge, I could see it as a move to get more people into and sticking with RDR2 online...

I'll refresh your memory,

July 28, 2020

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/367591-the-gamestop-thread/page-1089#entry14309487

The same V shaped inner portion defect is in the post you recently deleted, but I recognize it as one you posted before -- (also your recent posts where photos are "old", because they are anything but original). But you like to repost them as new. Tell me more.

edit - he deleted that post too. Evidence shows as a invalid page. /sigh -- {{-- -- MODS! --}}
You win. They're both gone.

Unrelated :

What's the best "Thank you" message that anyone has received from a gamestop order on the invoice sheet? I haven't seen much in the last year, but have received a few cute pictures and what not. I love that.

Anyone know if the spend $60 and get the $10 back by the 9th day deal thing going on counts games preorders or not? Just preordered enough games to hit $60 and not sure if I will get the coupon or not is why I am asking.

Anyone know if the spend $60 and get the $10 back by the 9th day deal thing going on counts games preorders or not? Just preordered enough games to hit $60 and not sure if I will get the coupon or not is why I am asking.
No one knows the exact mechanics of this promo. But i would say reservation $ is unlikely to count toward the 60. Needs to be a completed purchase in a single transaction.

Awww, my local GameStop has a new manager that completely sucks. Used to have a great one, this guy won’t even match trade values on GameStop’s own app. Oh well I guess I’m avoiding buying physical just so I don’t have anything to trade lol

Still need them to trade up to new consoles, but that’s the only thing I’ll purchase from them again
Yup, one GS hardass can make all the difference. Tried trading in a game shortly before the pandemic and the employee (unsure if it was the manager) said the disc label had a small scuff mark and that he couldn't accept it. I saw no blemish of any kind. Took the same disc to a GS a couple of miles away and it was examined and accepted without question...no problem.

Just think that was funny, given how many people here have received pre-owned discs in absolutely miserable shape...and I was given a hard time about a tiny scuff mark (and not even on the data side) that I couldn't even see.

No one knows the exact mechanics of this promo. But i would say reservation $ is unlikely to count toward the 60. Needs to be a completed purchase in a single transaction.
Wait, in single transaction? Shit. I spent $40 2 days ago and was considering how I'd make up the other $20.

You win. They're both gone.

Unrelated :

What's the best "Thank you" message that anyone has received from a gamestop order on the invoice sheet? I haven't seen much in the last year, but have received a few cute pictures and what not. I love that.
I wish that they would spend more time ensuring the accuracy of my order rather than spending time putting pictures on things

Does mean that I'm actually getting my replacement order? I mean, only a month after they told me I'd get it... but if I get it. 

[attachment=34395:Capture.PNG]

I only have one recent experience to reference, but yeah, this is the message I got about a week before finally receiving one replacement order I had to do
^^^^what this person said, happened to me less than a week ago. It turned out to be a game replacement from an online request about a month ago.

So Gamestop is opened this Thanksgiving right? They're so desperate that they will most likely do it. It other words, they don't care about their employees and are even told to finish up the transaction quickly, even if the customer comes in without mask on.

https://youtu.be/aBWJeSublk4

So Gamestop is opened this Thanksgiving right? They're so desperate that they will most likely do it. It other words, they don't care about their employees and are even told to finish up the transaction quickly, even if the customer comes in without mask on.
Hey, it's the user who posted a new thread / PSA in the deals section a few months ago that Gamestop would never open again. Valuable, accurate posts. Certainly not fueled by youtube clickbait. Not a bit.

[quote name="Sugarbeats" post="14312476" timestamp="1596825821"]

Let's keep this thread to deals only please. Thanks and can a mod please take action.

How is this different than most places? The only retailer I've seen actually enforce the mask policy is Costco. Everywhere else, maskless people walk in/out without any hassle because companies can't do shit about it and employees don't want to get harassed, attacked or shot.

I went in last week and the employee was clean (used hand sanitizer) and had a mask on- that's all they can really do.

I dont know why I thought the Megatron Day sale would be decent....
And something's not "adding up." First off, all of the figures say "pre-order" but the date is August 4th.

Secondly, when putting 2 figures in the cart it recognizes the cost of the first towards free shipping but not the second toy. When adding a third toy, the cart still doesn't give you free shipping, even when your pre-promo total is over $35.

I don't get it. This is weird.

Wondering if I actually do order some of these toys through Gametop if I will even get them.

How is this different than most places? The only retailer I've seen actually enforce the mask policy is Costco. Everywhere else, maskless people walk in/out without any hassle because companies can't do shit about it and employees don't want to get harassed, attacked or shot.

I went in last week and the employee was clean (used hand sanitizer) and had a mask on- that's all they can really do.
not trying to derail anything but I thought Walmart and Target announced they weren’t going to be open on thanksgiving? Tho of course that could just mean opening at 12:01 am Friday

not trying to derail anything but I thought Walmart and Target announced they weren’t going to be open on thanksgiving? Tho of course that could just mean opening at 12:01 am Friday
They did. Target also announced their deals would be starting in October. I’m guessing the deals won’t be as good this year.

My favorite is absolutely no Transformers video games at a place called Gamestop being discounted even a single cent.
Probably because there has been no new TF game in nearly 5 years, since Activision let the license expire after Devastation. So they'd either have to do a sale on Rise of the Dark Spark or Devastation, if they do sale on current gen games. Which both are starting to become hard to find as are the PS3/360 games.

my favorite part of gamestop sales is when new price points appear just to avoid being part of a sale IE $15.99 used games that suddenly have appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back