2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resolution (hopefully): finally got a CS rep to request an e-gift card for me in the proper amount. Said I should have it by Wednesday.

He tried to give me the entire balance of the trade card my
preorder ended up on (~$120) but my dang moral compass wouldn’t let me accept that.
Glad to hear a successful resolution. You should have taken the full amount to compensate for time lost and to punish the offender! :bomb:

Cool to know they can track the transaction down to the exact trade card your balance was put on. I had always kind of figured they would remove trade credit for some blatantly obvious / repeated mistakes during trade-ins. I've done *many* trade-ins where they would ring up the same game multiple times (or wrong game) and I'd get 2-4x the credit for 1 game when I'd verify the receipt after.... but my trade balances have never been fixed. The employees would never mention it on subsequent visits so maybe i'ts one of those "benefits everyone" (except the stock checker) situations, since I have a feeling when they print out that long list of stickers after - there are a few extra stickers left! :whistle2:

Looks like Days Gone, Spider-man, TLOU2, Madden 2k20 and... Funko Box: Pokemon Box on the DOTD menu next week :dunce:

Somebody posted this deal originally mid-week so it should be the normal.
No it's a stealth bump that routinely takes place the last weekend of the month. It'll come down after the weekend. If the TIV approaches 50% of the current price, it's way above normal. The benefit of the price hikes lately is that TIVs go up.

Just for reference, Breakpoint traded for 10 last Sunday. And has been $10 at amazon for 2+months

FYI, Ys VIII Switch is back in stock at GS.com. I've had crap luck with it (first order lost, replacement order OOS) but figured I'll try 1 more time in hopes of getting a complete copy with the cards and whatnot. 

Does anybody know if the $5 monthly coupon will work on the B1G1 Free t-shirt deal that ends today? I like it not to go to waste and could just use it to get my son a couple of shirts for $15.

Thanks

For a while someone was posting the Sunday ad the Friday before...guess I got spoiled there. Foolishly debating whether to trade now or wait for a better promo (than 30%) on Sunday.

Not sure if buying Madden today would trigger the $10 trade coin since I had no pre-order funds on it beforehand. Gonna probably just pay-off Avengers and hope that it's G2L.
Yup, I miss the Friday's preview

Does anybody know if the $5 monthly coupon will work on the B1G1 Free t-shirt deal that ends today? I like it not to go to waste and could just use it to get my son a couple of shirts for $15.

Thanks
Not sure if it's still like this but I've tried to use a cert on a shirt on sale in store and it wouldn't work. I think it was B1G1 and it just takes it off the free shirt or something.

How much $ to have on a single Trade-in Credit card before you guys usually create a new one to avoid weird suspicion?

How much $ to have on a single Trade-in Credit card before you guys usually create a new one to avoid weird suspicion?
They usually ask me "why do you have so much credit", when I have over $300 on a trade card. I just tell them that I'm saving up for a PS5. The max that I usually put is $500 and then move on to another trade card. The maximum value that you can put on a trade card is $1000.

Get friendly with the employees if you're worried about that. Stores want trade-ins even more now, so if you're getting comments about how much credit you have on one card, that's your cue to stop going there and not help them out. Thankfully my main store even with all new employees since re-opening has still been cool since the other one I have gone to has weird employees.

I've done *many* trade-ins where they would ring up the same game multiple times (or wrong game) and I'd get 2-4x the credit for 1 game when I'd verify the receipt after.... but my trade balances have never been fixed. The employees would never mention it on subsequent visits so maybe i'ts one of those "benefits everyone" (except the stock checker) situations, since I have a feeling when they print out that long list of stickers after - there are a few extra stickers left! :whistle2:
It happens.

is pickup in store disabled for anyone else? Items are showing instock but then show unavailable in cart and i can't switch from delivery to pickup even when choosing another store. 

is pickup in store disabled for anyone else? Items are showing instock but then show unavailable in cart and i can't switch from delivery to pickup even when choosing another store.
Continue with checkout anyway, it allows you to pick up once you get to final order screen. Source : I did a pick up order successfully today thanks to your boomerang list

The one time this happened to me I had to stop them, because it rang up enough times to give me a nice 3 month ban. LOL. Maybe it was an accident .. maybe they wanted me gone, I dunno -- but sitting on the sidelines for 90 days would have been a bad outcome :???:

------------------

The new search code for the trade bump is:

MWT830

It's a smaller list than before, but, correct me if wrong, also a bigger bump per item? Plus if you stack the 20% pre-order bonus, it's even better than the $5 boost earlier this month.. on affected Switch titles, anyways, $20-$28 mainly.

Enjoy!
thx 4 all th nfo u post

question - do u think the bump will last til tomorrow?

The one time this happened to me I had to stop them, because it rang up enough times to give me a nice 3 month ban. LOL. Maybe it was an accident .. maybe they wanted me gone, I dunno -- but sitting on the sidelines for 90 days would have been a bad outcome :???:

------------------

The new search code for the trade bump is:

MWT830

It's a smaller list than before, but, correct me if wrong, also a bigger bump per item? Plus if you stack the 20% pre-order bonus, it's even better than the $5 boost earlier this month.. on affected Switch titles, anyways, $20-$28 mainly.

Enjoy!
Thanks, just traded in the Xbox 360 Sonic Generations for $12 since I grabbed it when it was free with Gold so my physical copy because redundant.

Had an associate reject my Madden 21 trade in, saying they could only give back the amount I paid after certificates; I used $45 in certificates, and the associate said they would only give the difference back (i.e. $14.99).

What's the procedure for submitting a survey if you didn't make a purchase? Same link as the other one? Don't actually have the associates name either.

Had an associate reject my Madden 21 trade in, saying they could only give back the amount I paid after certificates; I used $45 in certificates, and the associate said they would only give the difference back (i.e. $14.99).

What's the procedure for submitting a survey if you didn't make a purchase? Same link as the other one? Don't actually have the associates name either.
I'm confused, how did they know you used certs to buy your game, if you are just trading it in? I have used $50 worth of certs in the past on a G2L game and they just treated it like any other trade in. I took the game in and just cut out the code part that they needed to see.

I'm confused, how did they know you used certs to buy your game, if you are just trading it in? I have used $50 worth of certs in the past on a G2L game and they just treated it like any other trade in. I took the game in and just cut out the code part that they needed to see.
Handed them the receipt with the code. Associate said they could only give back $14.99, figured they were confused and thinking I wanted to return it, so I explained to them that the terms on the receipt stated I could trade it in for $59.99 TIC. They told me no I couldn't. The irony is the TIV is $20 base.

Continue with checkout anyway, it allows you to pick up once you get to final order screen. Source : I did a pick up order successfully today thanks to your boomerang list
No luck on the website. I checked out through the app. I was hoping to score some cashback with the purchase.

Handed them the receipt with the code. Associate said they could only give back $14.99, figured they were confused and thinking I wanted to return it, so I explained to them that the terms on the receipt stated I could trade it in for $59.99 TIC. They told me no I couldn't. The irony is the TIV is $20 base.
Can't fix stupidity. Try again with the next store.

You got a new employee or low iq employee. try another store that makes no sense since all you're doing is a trade in, then they put in the code.

you may have to call customer support

i think certs are non-refundable in stores company-wide after theyve been used

They weren't suppose to look at what and how you payed for your game. That's the reason why I cut out the part of what I payed and just give them the part with the code, so there is no chance for them to see what I payed. It's suppose to be a basic trade in with a promo code (G2L code).

It doesn’t matter how much you paid. The promo is simple. They’re just supposed to run it as a trade in and then enter the code. They got a dumb employee is all. Pretty bad considering it explains the promo on the receipt.

It doesn’t matter how much you paid. The promo is simple. They’re just supposed to run it as a trade in and then enter the code. They got a dumb employee is all. Pretty bad considering it explains the promo on the receipt.
Pretty much. When I tried to explain it to the employee, they wouldn't budge. Even when I quoted the terms on the receipt verbatim.

The receipt spells it out, leaving nothing to interpretation. I've never had issues trading back in a G2L game that I used certs on.

In any case, ended up going to another store to trade all the games, and naturally I had no other issues at the second store.

I went ahead and boomeranged all the $19.99 games I bought at the 50% off sale. Seems they are all trading in at $12 base. With pro and pre order bonus, got $15.60 each, kept all the cases, and rebought all the games at 50% off again. Wound up getting a little under $5 each game extra credit after rebuying. And will wind up with less disc only games. A perfect plan unless they forget to put the discs in the cases or send a completely wrong game, like they have been doing lately.

Starting to wonder if GameStop is smart enough to wait 72 hours before giving people the $10 credit for preordering madden, thereby negating anyone who returned it within the 48 hour period for G2L credit . (The fine print for the $10 game coin did say 72 hours)

Sidenote: I only get the maligned access denied on GameStop’s mobile site when I’m not at home. As soon as I’m home, the site works with no issues. The minute I go 5 blocks away or commute, I can’t access it

Starting to wonder if GameStop is smart enough to wait 72 hours before giving people the $10 credit for preordering madden, thereby negating anyone who returned it within the 48 hour period for G2L credit . (The fine print for the $10 game coin did say 72 hours)

Sidenote: I only get the maligned access denied on GameStop’s mobile site when I’m not at home. As soon as I’m home, the site works with no issues. The minute I go 5 blocks away or commute, I can’t access it
I highly doubt it as the G2L promotion is not a return and is ran as a trade in

The associates shouldn't be processing it as a return, since it's a trade. BUT, if they do process it as a return, then yeah you're not going to get the coin.

I think they just decided to go with this $10 game coin thing instead of the buy however many get 1 free. basically if you buy 6 games from a selection that gamestop controls, you can get enough game coin to get a free game.

Today's DOTD includes Elex, developed by the makers of Gothic and Risen. If you enjoy RPGs like Fallout or Elder Scrolls but you found traveling in those games too tedious, you have a jetpack to facilitate easy traveling. It's pretty good Eurojank, but any monster can kill you.

I think they just decided to go with this $10 game coin thing instead of the buy however many get 1 free. basically if you buy 6 games from a selection that gamestop controls, you can get enough game coin to get a free game.
https://www.gamestop.com/collection/game-coin

The coins are only good for two weeks after receiving them.

Still better than nothing, especially when combined with trade-in bonuses, actually pretty enticing if you want games right when they release.

The coin thing has been going on since before this supposed free game promo. Unlikely that is why they cancelled it. It was probably cancelled because you could have been able to double dip and gotten the free game plus $50 in game coins AND been able to trade the 5 games back in for $59.99 if they were part of the G2L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back