2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bummed that there won't be a % boost to stack with the Prestige day bump.  I guess I will be holding on to these last gen games for a bit longer...

Good thing I did trade in my PS2 games yesterday, every game I traded dropped in value from $20 base to $11.

Bully $5 - $3
GTA San Andreas $2 - $1
Twisted Metal Black $2 - $1.50
Resident Evil 4 $2 - $1
Final Fantasy X $4 - $2
Final Fantasy XII $3 - $1.50
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $2 - $1
Thanks. Every time I try searching the app, it redirects me to the website which tells me absolutely nothing about PS2 values.

Probably the best time to use a b2g1 coupon. Anyone know any decent credit movers or flip to bb?
Speaking of which, does anyone know if its possible to have someone with a standard pro account renew their membership to get the buy 2 get 1 coupon. Then have someone else use the code with their Elite Pro?

Whats the difference between a regular GameStop and a Prestige GameStop?
The sense of pride and accomplishment the store gets for becoming one.

Real answer, it just means that store has gotten a certain amount of positive surveys within whatever timeframe they go by. As far as I know the only difference as far as prices and such goes is that they have a presteige day sale every 3 or 4 months.

I have a feeling they must be gearing up for a big % offer after prestige day because last gen TIVs seem to be in the gutter.

I have a feeling they must be gearing up for a big % offer after prestige day because last gen TIVs seem to be in the gutter.
I'm not sure about this honestly. They've been remodeling the stores in my county and last gen games have now been relegated to rolling carts and tiny amounts of wall space to make more room for collectibles and accessories. I really can't see them wanting a massive influx of old titles at this point.

I'm not sure about this honestly. They've been remodeling the stores in my county and it gen games have now relegated to rolling carts and tiny amounts of wall space to make more room for collectibles and accessories. I really can't see them wanting a massive influx of old titles at this point.
Guess I'll be bulk selling on eBay soon.

My local Prestige store only has one of three Switch games I’d like. What are the chances they’d allow a return/rebuy on Prestige Day?
YMMV but I'd call and ask. Most of the time the people working are willing to help you (I bought 6 vita games that qualified for the 3 for 25, and they let me return rebuy them all)

Any tips on what to get? Switch, Xbox one s , PS4 slim?

Was thinking Xbox one x, ps4 pro, but nothing else comes close to the Xbox one x price.

Or anyone know if I can later on boomingrang to get a new Xbox one x?
I’d imagine 3 switches, but I don’t even know if they would let you do that (if it were any other store, they probably couldn’t care less, but this is GS where they make up BS excuses and rules on the fly).

My local Prestige store only has one of three Switch games I’d like. What are the chances they’d allow a return/rebuy on Prestige Day?
Some store districts will allow you to buy items in one store and pick them up at other locations in the district as long as you go and pick them up immediately.

Anyone know if you can buy an item at one GameStop that is in stock at a different GameStop and then have it shipped over from the second store to the store where you paid for it, and is there a shipping/handling charge for that?

Anyone know if you can buy an item at one GameStop that is in stock at a different GameStop and then have it shipped over from the second store to the store where you paid for it, and is there a shipping/handling charge for that?
They won't do that

Thanks everyone, I might call the store.

5-6 stores around me show the Spider-Man Pro in stock now. I wish the TIV of my original Pro wasn’t so low. I’ve been playing Spiderman and the console runs SO loud...

Does anyone know if GameStop will take an Xbox One elite controller that only has the two sticks and generic D-Pad? I’m thinking of trading my Xbox towards a Swtich and wouldn’t have use of it anymore if I did but I can’t find any of the accessories that it came with.

Sucks I missed the good PS2 trade values, but I'm still going to trade in the bulk crap at the lower values. I'm under no dellusions that my multiple disc-only copies of low tier, billion print-run PS2 titles will ever net me more than $1-3 a piece in any sales venue. They never have since the death of the system (even in Ebay bulk lots).

Moreover, the chance of GameStop ever offering more credit, or even taking these games at all in the future after they are flooded with copies is pretty slim. I've been buying and selling games for a long time and my unsolicited advice is to take the money and run. Mid and High tier games are a different story.

I have sleeved discs like One-Piece that have GameStop stickers priced at $1.99. They wouldn't even sell at that a few years ago. I picked them up during a b2g2 clearance I believe. Best believe I'll take $2 or whatever.

Good thing I did trade in my PS2 games yesterday, every game I traded dropped in value from $20 base to $11.

Bully $5 - $3
GTA San Andreas $2 - $1
Twisted Metal Black $2 - $1.50
Resident Evil 4 $2 - $1
Final Fantasy X $4 - $2
Final Fantasy XII $3 - $1.50
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater $2 - $1
Oh, snap. I had three on this exact list I had planned to trade soon.

none of my ps2 games are worth trading, the only games i seen availble for trade are pretty good titles, the most i seen was them paying 8 for silent hill 2...doesnt seem worth it to me the games i own i know i can sell em for at least 20 a piece like champions or rogue galaxy 

Would def save Silent Hill 2 for eBay/Amazon, especially if it's the greatest hits version, which will probably fetch more due to the Restless Dreams content that the Black label doesn't have.

I'll be headed to to my home store tomorrow to trade in PS2 games with the exceptions of Urban Reign and MGS2: Substance. Everything else isn't worth keeping to try and get more money by selling myself.

I've had luck with them shipping an item from a store. I mean the manager asked that I just get him a bottled Coke in exchange (shipped it from a store about an hour away) but I'm also friendly with everyone there so might be worth a shot?

Does anyone know if GameStop will take an Xbox One elite controller that only has the two sticks and generic D-Pad? I’m thinking of trading my Xbox towards a Swtich and wouldn’t have use of it anymore if I did but I can’t find any of the accessories that it came with.
I dont think so, since all the used ones I've seen have been w/ that hard case and the paddles/sticks

I have 2 and 3 in black label, and 3 has the soundtrack cd too. Should I hold off on those?
Yeah, I'd try to wait for a better promo at least. Both games could probably ebay at $20 each in disc only condition, so silent Hill 2 is def not a good trade. 3 would be a decent trade if you just had the disc but being that you have the soundtrack, you could probably get more like $30+ on eBay if you went that route

I traded in some PS2 games tonight and 2 of them got hit with a refurb fee, but they came up as "retro refurb" and were $0.00 so I didn't lose anything.

anybody knows if I can trade the regular 3ds xl foe 100 towards switch or is it the new xl only?
The promo that Gamestop posted on Twitter shows a regular 3DS XL on the counter, I think both systems would net you $100.

I have a Vita and 3DS XL that I picked up really cheap recently and would love to get $200 credit for them, but I don't really want to jump through hoops to return the Switch after.

I have 2 and 3 in black label, and 3 has the soundtrack cd too. Should I hold off on those?
I sold a black label case with greatest hits disc recently for $23 I bought the hd collection on Xbox while it was on sale to replace and get 3 at the same time. I know it has issues but I read it runs a bit better on the x either way I didn’t regret that move.

Dammit, I held off for Prestige Day on a huge lot of PS2 games and values dropped dramatically. I would’ve had about $70 more if I had just dumped them earlier this week.

Dammit, I held off for Prestige Day on a huge lot of PS2 games and values dropped dramatically. I would’ve had about $70 more if I had just dumped them earlier this week.
Same thought I had when I saw the values had tanked on the PS2 games I'm trading in. Though my loss is much lower at about $15, it still stings a good deal.

Called a prestige store near me and they confirmed prestige day is this Saturday the 22nd. Could not give me anymore details, so not sure what the deals are. All the past ones have had b2g1 and extra 10% trade so that's what should be expected.
Hoping to pick up DQ XI during presitge day. According to the GS app, I see 4 local stores in town already have this pre-owned lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back