2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were any of those games exactly at $5 TIV? I was buying a $10 PSN at my local store today and someone ahead of me traded in 4 PS4 games (No Man's Sky, a CoD, plus something else) and the worker commented on how each got a $5 bump except the one that had a $5 base TIV,
Nah, $5.50 and up. I haven't seen one that's exactly $5.

has anyone confirmed if Watch Dogs Legion gets the extra $10 for the Xbox version? Haven’t finished it yet, but picked it up for $29.99 so I wouldn’t be against trading it back for $32 and buying it next time it drops below $30

^Speaking of Watch Dogs Legion, has anyone traded in the PS5 version lately? I just called a store that claimed the trade-in value is "$30", but I'm doubtful that's before the $10 bonus.

so bummed I missed the pathless on dotd. I saw it early in the morning and had it in cart but had to help with running an online church service and it was out of stock by the time I was done. 

so bummed I missed the pathless on dotd. I saw it early in the morning and had it in cart but had to help with running an online church service and it was out of stock by the time I was done.
I missed out on it too, but after shipping and tax, it came out to ~$32. The game is $40 digital, so I’ll just wait for a discount on PSN. Physical copy is $10 more than digital.

Anybody traded in Demon's Souls on ps5 recently? Finally beat that sucker and wondered if value was holding

For those still waiting for USPS stuff lost "In-Transit, arriving late" filling out a request on their website has miraculously gotten a status change for me on 3 such packages within a day or two. They sometimes even call from a NO CALLER ID number saying the package is on the way.

a lot of trade value changes today, mostly up, some down, 160 or so changes
Yep, though wonder how many of them will require the manual +5 adjustment... though sadly Civilization VIs still $3 and probably going to take that loss! I'll probably drop by a GS this afternoon if another power soccer set comes in and confirm the +$5 promo still going on unless someone already has yesterday? 8-[

Maybe a controversial question since flipping talk on here tends to be focused on trade-ins, but are there any buying suggestions for flipping credit to cash? I have about $100 in credit and I think I'm ready to put the trade cycle behind me - anything in this price range to keep an eye out that I can flip on eBay and either break even or at least keep the loss to less than 10%? Preferably things that aren't super uncommon (i.e. no Godzilla PS4!) and are higher in price so I don't have to sell 10+ items to recoup.

Maybe a controversial question since flipping talk on here tends to be focused on trade-ins, but are there any buying suggestions for flipping credit to cash? I have about $100 in credit and I think I'm ready to put the trade cycle behind me - anything in this price range to keep an eye out that I can flip on eBay and either break even or at least keep the loss to less than 10%? Preferably things that aren't super uncommon (i.e. no Godzilla PS4!) and are higher in price so I don't have to sell 10+ items to recoup.
Sometimes DotD has a winner, like Pathless the other day would have been a 1:1. Or check local stores for retro stock, but be wary of repro GBA carts.

Three of the games I traded on Saturday (including Fast and Furious Crossroads) got boosted today...wish I knew then that the $5 bump on PS4 games would continue...oh well. 

Three of the games I traded on Saturday (including Fast and Furious Crossroads) got boosted today...wish I knew then that the $5 bump on PS4 games would continue...oh well.
Has anyone confirmed that that is ongoing? I know some people got emails but last gen bump was absent from the ad. I still have a couple of games I wanted to dump

Has anyone confirmed that that is ongoing? I know some people got emails but last gen bump was absent from the ad. I still have a couple of games I wanted to dump
I don't think anyone has confirmed but the email referenced seems legit. I don't put it past Gamestop to send out emails with bad info though.

For those still waiting for USPS stuff lost "In-Transit, arriving late" filling out a request on their website has miraculously gotten a status change for me on 3 such packages within a day or two. They sometimes even call from a NO CALLER ID number saying the package is on the way.

Yep, though wonder how many of them will require the manual +5 adjustment... though sadly Civilization VIs still $3 and probably going to take that loss! I'll probably drop by a GS this afternoon if another power soccer set comes in and confirm the +$5 promo still going on unless someone already has yesterday? 8-[
At least Civ VI can be explained by the ongoing 8.99 price. Some games just refuse to budge even after their sales are over. I've been stuck with NFS Heat since thanksgiving. I already took a loss/traded sideways on a few copies when trading toward cyberpunk.

Did you initiate the request through the chat pop-up window? I noticed that today for the first time.

^Speaking of Watch Dogs Legion, has anyone traded in the PS5 version lately? I just called a store that claimed the trade-in value is "$30", but I'm doubtful that's before the $10 bonus.
Sorry to quote myself, but just to follow up on this in case anyone else was wondering, I finally got confirmation that the base TIV for Watch Dogs on PS5 is indeed $20, so the final amount would be $32 after $10 bonus and 10% Pro.

Just made some final trades and the $5 bump is valid. Ex: Batman Arkham Knight netted me $10.50 ($5 base + $0.50 PUR bonus + $5 bump.

Demons Souls PS5 has a $35 TIV - didn’t confirm if that was before or after the $10 bonus though

At least Civ VI can be explained by the ongoing 8.99 price. Some games just refuse to budge even after their sales are over. I've been stuck with NFS Heat since thanksgiving. I already took a loss/traded sideways on a few copies when trading toward cyberpunk.
Same. I've been sitting on copies of that for what feels like forever. At least Bioshock Collection finally increased back to a reasonable value.

Maybe a controversial question since flipping talk on here tends to be focused on trade-ins, but are there any buying suggestions for flipping credit to cash?
I usually just convert to XBOX since it works on Microsoft Store and you can buy PCs/Laptops/Software at a later date. If only they would let us buy iPhones with iTunes credit lol... :pray:

At least Civ VI can be explained by the ongoing 8.99 price.
yep... and Rabbids still $5 base.. booo. Hoping for a switch only +$5 that goes back to >$3 base O:)

Did you initiate the request through the chat pop-up window? I noticed that today for the first time.
Don't think it was a chat popup, but it was a new tab. Have to fill out the sender address, yours, mail type, if you thought it was stolen, etc.

Just made some final trades and the $5 bump is valid.
Can also confirm the $5 is active. Street Power Soccer values still holding for those that bit on that DotD. Might need to pull the email showing the +$5 if you need justification getting some of the games that only recently bumped up above $5 base adjusted manually (like NBA 2k playgrounds, Carnival Games, etc) as the printed flyer only shows the +$10 promo. Others that got recently bumped up from $5 base (like Bioshock :switch: to $15!) worked fine. :razz:

Is there a way to see what your trade-in credit balance or how to use online?

Got an email today:

"

Great news! You have trade credit that you can use to get the games, collectibles, accessories or any of the other cool stuff at GameStop that you want.

Your current trade credit balance is:
$10"

...wasn't aware I had any credit (is this some promo?)

Got an email today:
"

Great news! You have trade credit that you can use to get the games, collectibles, accessories or any of the other cool stuff at GameStop that you want.
$10"

Most likely had some extra credit leftover if I had to say

I got a similar email from them today saying that I had 12 dollars in trade credit, of which I wasn't aware that I had. I also don't see anywhere on the site to verify my trade credit amount or how to use it.

I got a similar email from them today saying that I had 12 dollars in trade credit, of which I wasn't aware that I had. I also don't see anywhere on the site to verify my trade credit amount or how to use it.
Sounds like a ploy to get you in the store. Once in, they confiscate your mobile phone and bask in their trade numbers.

Nintendo Gamestop owes me like $35 from some wiiu games that didn't work that got back to their warehouse in late Dec.   I'm never gonna get that money, am I?

But on the other hand, they sent me an extra copy of links and kirby for switch.  

I think that's an even trade.  Kinda.  

Got an email today:

"

$10"

This sounds like a redux of when you could check your trade credit against your account number or other info somewhere on GS's website. Of course it didn't work properly or at all and ended up locking your credit up somehow and making it permanently unusable. I'm sure someone else has a clearer and more accurate memory on this.

Nintendo owes me like $35 from some wiiu games that didn't work that got back to their warehouse in late Dec. I'm never gonna get that money, am I?

But on the other hand, they sent me an extra copy of links and kirby for switch.

I think that's an even trade. Kinda.
you are going to have to call them multiple times

I popped into GameStop today on a whim; I don’t go too often. Was being hard sold on the pro membership which I would never consider - however it was presented as “free $60” each yeah through monthly $5 certificates. I know they expire each month. Can I just go in and ask for $5 in psn credit once a month? That would definitely drive me to going to the store.

Tried to trade in two PS4 games, Monster Hunter World ($5 base) and Greedfall ($6 base). Neither triggered the +5 extra. The manager said the +5 is only for games on their "most wanted trades" list

This sounds like a redux of when you could check your trade credit against your account number or other info somewhere on GS's website. Of course it didn't work properly or at all and ended up locking your credit up somehow and making it permanently unusable. I'm sure someone else has a clearer and more accurate memory on this.
I got this email too: Great news! You have trade credit that you can use to get the games, collectibles, accessories or any of the other cool stuff at GameStop that you want.

$175

I would love to see how I have $175. I'm sure it's a mistake.

Got an email today:

"

$10"

I got the same e-mail saying I had $250 in trade credit.

Any word on whether Hitman 3 is getting Game Coin or G2L promos?  I figure the weekly ad Sunday will clarify, but usually the list of qualifying games is known on here much earlier.

I popped into GameStop today on a whim; I don’t go too often. Was being hard sold on the pro membership which I would never consider - however it was presented as “free $60” each yeah through monthly $5 certificates. I know they expire each month. Can I just go in and ask for $5 in psn credit once a month? That would definitely drive me to going to the store.
Minimum they sell is $10 PSN cards. It's what I do every month. The Pro membership is actually a great value. I also got 10,000 ($10) in points for renewing my membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back