2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 copies of Torna avaiable. Price bumped up to $40 so mostly for those that actually want the game at this point! :razz:

bvdBnSZ.png
Yeah another wave of price increases again - no surprise on Torna. Will probably be $50 by years end.

I wish a GameStop employee would talk to me like that lol
It bugs me when I don’t get a joke (comments sections can be fun sometimes). Just curious what do you mean? So you could talk back to them or give them a bad survey? Got lots of likes, so obviously I’m missing something here! No big deal, just curious if that was the basis of the joke.

FedEx has been pretty notorious for employees stealing packages lately, especially with Nike since Nike has their logo and “just do it” on some of their packages.
Definitely open that PS5 soon because that console is still a hot item

I should’ve traded my switch games during the 50% bump because I have a feeling every switch game will be $30-$40 this holiday season, maybe not Metroid and Pokémon diamond

FedEx has been pretty notorious for employees stealing packages lately, especially with Nike since Nike has their logo and “just do it” on some of their packages.
Definitely open that PS5 soon because that console is still a hot item

I should’ve traded my switch games during the 50% bump because I have a feeling every switch game will be $30-$40 this holiday season, maybe not Metroid and Pokémon diamond
I traded any duplicates of switch games I had (so say for instance I had 3 copies of Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, I trade in two copies and kept the last copy). In hindsight I probably should have just traded in ALL my switch games that had $35 base TIV, and rebought new copies of those games, as like you said I don't doubt most if not all switch games will go on sale on black friday. A loss, especially since I'd rather have new copies of those games (since I think a couple may have been missing cover art inserts, but oh well.

Did the Wii U ever get to the point where their games became "greatest hits" or something of that nature and the price was reduced?  Asking because some of these Switch games have been around for a very long time and still retail at $60

dont compare the wii u to the switch
i can assure you nintendo will not follow any kind of wii u trends with the switch lol

Did the Wii U ever get to the point where their games became "greatest hits" or something of that nature and the price was reduced? Asking because some of these Switch games have been around for a very long time and still retail at $60
Yes. 3ds and wii u titles got 20 dollar rereleases for some titles. They call them nintendo selects.

i can assure you nintendo will not follow any kind of wii u trends with the switch lol
They probably will eventually do selects again later into the systems life span if they think sales will justify it. As nintendo selects/players choice has been a thing for a very long time. Though they haven't done any since the 3ds and wiiu after some searching. But due to the pandemic that probably delayed any plans of them doing so for the time being. The switch is only about 4 years old after all.

Is Fairy Tail any good? I had someone sell me Fairy Tail and Kill la Kill IF on switch for $40. If I'm going to play it I'd rather play on Playstation.
jpn only audio because tecmo koei/gust. Turn based combat with grids ala enchanted arms. The story sorta follows the series but with changes/filler here and there. Most of the enemies are few and reskinned. Decent sized number of playable characters but your party limit is 5. And that's only after you reach a certain point.

It's alright but pretty bare bones. Worth a playthrough if you are familiar with the series and or like turn based stuff.

i dont like it but i think theyve really stuck to their guns and it has worked with their current pricing
i still see people in front of me buy botw, mario kart etc for full 60 at gs and target

i honestly think if they do selects the price point might be 40

Did the Wii U ever get to the point where their games became "greatest hits" or something of that nature and the price was reduced? Asking because some of these Switch games have been around for a very long time and still retail at $60
Within the last few months of its life. I don't know what the criteria was because top selling games like MK8 and SSB didn't get a Nintendo Selects cut. I remember it used to be for reaching some sort of sales milestone, but they must've changed that. The 3DS also got some at the end of its life.

People assumed that it was based on sales. Back in ye olden times it was but in the current generation it certainly was not. Given that games like Yakuza and fist of the north star have been getting them. As far as I can tell all the Nintendo selects on 3ds and wiiu were first party titles. Same for Wii.

Smash wiiu 3ds not getting one makes a little sense due to it always being a good seller. Though had they dropped a select version that could possibly lead to dlc sales on the characters.

My guess is that if they do a "selects" it will be digital only - on the eshop and special "selects" digital download cards in-store. 

What would be cooler is they put two "Selects" game on the same cart for $60 - with super tiny font for the cover art!

Mario Odyssey + NSMBU

MK8D + Mario Maker 2

Smash Bros + Splatoon 2

ACNH + Mario Party

XBC:DE + XBC2

O:)

It has been awhile since I've tried, but does anyone know what gift cards can be purchased with trade credit? I know gas/CC cards are a no go, but I do remember a fair amount of the other stuff did work. 

My guess is that if they do a "selects" it will be digital only - on the eshop and special "selects" digital download cards in-store.

What would be cooler is they put two "Selects" game on the same cart for $60 - with super tiny font for the cover art!

Mario Odyssey + NSMBU

MK8D + Mario Maker 2

Smash Bros + Splatoon 2

ACNH + Mario Party

XBC:DE + XBC2

O:)
They had the opportunity to do that, but they just bundled two separate games and cases for the MK8/SMP bundle that they sold at Target last year

It has been awhile since I've tried, but does anyone know what gift cards can be purchased with trade credit? I know gas/CC cards are a no go, but I do remember a fair amount of the other stuff did work.
They dropped the ability to do that with TiC on everything but gaming cards about 2 years ago

Does anybody know how long the cash same as credit lasts for consoles? I got a ps4 pro and Xbox one x I need to trade in. Already have an Xbox series x and my ps5 is supposed to be here this week from Walmart

I have a bunch of switch games that I'm planning on trading in.  Currently, the trade in values (credit) are equal to the amount that I've paid for them.  Is it worth it for me to wait for another trade in promo or an increase in trade in values (missed the one last week) or should I bite the bullet and trade them in before the values actually go down?

I took advantage of the Trade 5 for 50% extra trade in back in the beginning of October but have accumulated a few more games since.  Is Gamestop known to have new weekly trade in promos during the months leading up to the holidays?

Bummer, but it seemed like a headache from the start. Hoping to get Mario Party this Friday for the cheapest price possible! Kids are old enough now to enjoy a Mario game, so I hope it’s good. The last one wasn’t.

I guess I could get an OLED switch with trade credit. But I love extended warranties with my credit card.
Couldn't you pay for half or more then pay the remainder by CC? I've never used my CCs for extended warranties as I've had good luck with consoles lasting a long time, minus my BC PS3 which still lasted about 10 years before it died and could no longer fix it. Still have my original Wii going strong, going through my GC backlog still.

Yeah except porting a vast majority of the Wii U games. That's okay though, right?

Gets old seeing people bash the Wii U... but without Wii U games having been ported to the Switch, Nintendo wouldn't have been able to pad out the Switch's library of games to the extent it has (and would have to *gasp* develop new games).

Couldn't you pay for half or more then pay the remainder by CC? I've never used my CCs for extended warranties as I've had good luck with consoles lasting a long time, minus my BC PS3 which still lasted about 10 years before it died and could no longer fix it. Still have my original Wii going strong, going through my GC backlog still.
Fine print always says the full purchase amount must be paid using the credit card.

Is it normal for there to be no trade value showing for a game in the app? Thinking about going digital on Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville for the Switch and it says no trade vale could be found which I find odd.

Is it normal for there to be no trade value showing for a game in the app? Thinking about going digital on Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville for the Switch and it says no trade vale could be found which I find odd.
That just means there's no preowned listing for the game in question. You'll have to call a store to ask for the TIV.

Yeah except porting a vast majority of the Wii U games. That's okay though, right?
Gets old seeing people bash the Wii U... but without Wii U games having been ported to the Switch, Nintendo wouldn't have been able to pad out the Switch's library of games to the extent it has (and would have to *gasp* develop new games).
Definitely this. It is only recently that I, a Wii U owner, have started thinking about getting a Switch. So many Wii U ports and ports of games that are even older (Skyrim) had no appeal to me. The Switch may end up being the first Nintendo console I don't own while it is being produced.
Edit: I get more has been released for the console, I am just saying for me personally I haven't felt compelled to buy it.

Definitely this. It is only recently that I, a Wii U owner, have started thinking about getting a Switch. So many Wii U ports and ports of games that are even older (Skyrim) had no appeal to me. The Switch may end up being the first Nintendo console I don't own while it is being produced.
Edit: I get more has been released for the console, I am just saying for me personally I haven't felt compelled to buy it.
Well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is better as it includes a real battle mode and all the DLC and adds things like two items and some other changes. Super Mario 3D Land includes Bowser's Fury which is really cool. Metroid dread just came out and it's awesome. Yoshi's crafted world is not on Wii U either. There are a lot of games on switch that you cannot play on Wii U and if you can play them on Wii U they are better on switch. I still have my Wii U and play it but Switch is definitely worth owning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back