2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to start a riot here, but I would love to know how people want to handle glitches in the future. I posted that I found a really huge glitch and wanted to know the best way to share it. Very few people even said anything at all. Of the ones who did, most either told me to sit on it so it didn't get blown out of hand like last year's Flipageddon, or were pretty clearly lurkers and scammers. I only responded to people who had a lot of positive feedback, had been members several years, and who had many recent posts. That was like two or three people who contacted me, total.

The way I see it from the reaction that it's now getting is that we should either just tell everyone everything (but loose lips sink ships) or don't even say anything at all, which sort of detracts from the point of having this forum at all.

I am truly sorry to anyone who just totally missed my post, to anyone I didn't tell who deserved to know, or anyone I told who didn't deserve to know. I truly doubt I'll ever be the one to find a glitch like that again, but I would love to know what I should do if it does happen.

I can start adding monthly SKU conversions here if people would like. Didn't know if that's something people would be interested in.
yes please.

I used to update it when I worked there since I was able to get the in-store emails a few days before the conversions happened, but became harder to track once I quit.

Feel free to start another one if you'd like.

or, start reposting on this one again?

Seriously, miss those collectors editions for dirt cheap. This was my main source of cool video game swag when they shut down all of the nintendo square club stuff.

Lumas101 said:
Not to start a riot here, but I would love to know how people want to handle glitches in the future. I posted that I found a really huge glitch and wanted to know the best way to share it. Very few people even said anything at all. Of the ones who did, most either told me to sit on it so it didn't get blown out of hand like last year's Flipageddon, or were pretty clearly lurkers and scammers. I only responded to people who had a lot of positive feedback, had been members several years, and who had many recent posts. That was like two or three people who contacted me, total.

The way I see it from the reaction that it's now getting is that we should either just tell everyone everything (but loose lips sink ships) or don't even say anything at all, which sort of detracts from the point of having this forum at all.

I am truly sorry to anyone who just totally missed my post, to anyone I didn't tell who deserved to know, or anyone I told who didn't deserve to know. I truly doubt I'll ever be the one to find a glitch like that again, but I would love to know what I should do if it does happen.
Hey I sent you a DM about it.

bill123 said:
I can start adding monthly SKU conversions here if people would like. Didn't know if that's something people would be interested in.
If you do decide to list them within this thread, I can try to keep as an updated list within the OP, if that would be helpful to everyone.

Really hoping these NSW games rebound. The base is the lowest I've ever seen...maybe this will force me to keep some games for the NSW console that I'll be getting soon :D/

If you really need someone to figure out why your post was removed, you're an even bigger dumbass than someone who brags about taking advantage of a glitch that no one knew about.

Then again, most people who are against some race or ethnicity have no clue that they're in the wrong.
Just posting this Slickdeals link because starlight was trying to say - Jewrye = Jurai.
Don't think they were trying to be racist.

Code:
https://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=1127024

The GameStop thread in the CAG lounge was created to discuss things of this nature without lurkers seeing.

Just posting this Slickdeals link because starlight was trying to say - Jewrye = Jurai.
Don't think they were trying to be racist.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=1127024
Thank you for the clarification on that point. Around here, it's always necessary to assume the worst until proven otherwise.

The GameStop thread in the CAG lounge was created to discuss things of this nature without lurkers seeing.
That's true.
Seems like the major concern today is if a great deal gets posted, one or two lurkers will grab it and post it on the big social sites. Due to that possibility it keeps deals from being posted which is a good portion of what this thread is for.

Hey, did anyone the Hylian Shield 2DS XL, and if so, how do you like it? Also, does it show at most stores in everyone's areas of the country? I want to get one, but probably won't have the funds for a month or so, and I just want to gauge demand. It seems like all stores in my area have units, so unless some mad rush happens for some reason, I should be OK.
Back to something GameStop related: I love the Hylian Shield 2ds xl. I'm keeping it new in box for now, praying there is a cover that fits it someday, just as I'm doing with the Pikachu model, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the demand will be limited, but who knows how many they made given its GameStop exclusive. Although, resellers can make $50-100 gross on it, so that may drive a shortage later.

Hey I sent you a DM about it.

If you do decide to list them within this thread, I can try to keep as an updated list within the OP, if that would be helpful to everyone.

Really hoping these NSW games rebound. The base is the lowest I've ever seen...maybe this will force me to keep some games for the NSW console that I'll be getting soon :D/
Sitting on all top tier NSW games and some duplicates lol

If the NSW games don't rebound soon, I will most likely unload to Best Buy for GCU preorders. I don't want GS to increase their used stock of NSW games at crummy values with crummy promos and decide that is a great plan going forward :/

I think it was handled just fine imo by Lumas. Let people know there's something there (not specific enough that a mole could immediately figure it out) and be willing to share when contacted.

Well you sure picked a winner with Jurai! /s

I think it was handled just fine imo by Lumas. Let people know there's something there (not specific enough that a mole could immediately figure it out) and be willing to share when contacted.
I agree. I think most of the beef is with Jurai and his bragging/hypocrisy.

GameStop threads are like the Wild West on this site lol
That's definitely the current reputation, but other threads prove that it doesn't have to be that way. A little stupidity doesn't have to ruin things for everyone. Change the culture by reporting stuff against the TOS or if it jeopardizes the integrity of the GS thread.

Shrike is back (celebratory hands in the air), and the GameStop thread went half GameStop thread (you never go full GameStop thread). Decent day.

Dunno if it's widely known or not, but the pokemon vault guide is $9.99 if you can find stock. My gamestop ordered me a copy. Super helpful guy.

I heard you like new to used conversions, so I snapped a pic of a list I saw next to the POS today:

Don't knock twice
Psycho nauts in the rhombus of ruin
Pure farming 2018
Railway empire
Max: Curse of the brotherhood

I know we're moving the conversation to a different topic but I'll add my 2 cents as well.

I think people should be free to post whatever they want. Yes, there will always be an idiot out there who will ruin it for everyone, we can't change that, but why then do the opposite and stop a normal CAG from scoring some loot? And regarding BB, I felt it was very hypocritical of this site to have lists and discord and s***. It divided the forum from the elite to the rabble, the e-peen some had of being in his club was really the worst era of this site.

We're all in the same game. BB, SD, it's all shades of gray and we're arguing about "honor amongst thieves" so to speak. So why act like we're better for defending some deal that may or may not last/be honored? Or withholding info for your G-fuel instead of teaching newbies how to give back to the site? None of us should be personalities, either you give or you take. But it's best to teach others to give. To trust.

Well, I see it’s still a wise idea to stay away from this place. How the mighty have fallen. Back to the secret deal seeker diSnapchatbookord group.

Personally, I think the glitch was handled fine, aside from needless boasting. I missed the glitch myself, but I'd rather miss this one than see things go away due to mass abuse. Posting that you have a glitch and to select who you share it with based on years and activity seems to be the safest route. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the discord chat though, and left it awhile ago. Starting to question if this thread is necessary if people are just going to use the chat. I feel like there needs to be some solution to the lurker issue, but also a way to post the deals here for us cheapasses who don't want to have discord chats and such. It is what it is.

I see the people who say they prefer to stay away can't help themselves and keep coming back to declare for all of us to see said displeasure again and again and again...

Since boomerangs were pretty crappy I managed to grab a good chunk of PS3 games from someone on Facebook marketplace for $60 cash that I was able to trade it in for $145 credit after bonus!

70% trade in bonus confirmed - starts the 7-9-18 to 7-22-18. Must purchase a pre-owned product to activate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back