2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
70% trade in bonus confirmed - starts the 7-9-18 to 7-22-18. Must purchase a pre-owned product to activate.
I know what I'm buying to trigger this deal.

IJlTe.jpg

The 70% bump with current TIV is essentially a $25 base with a 50% bump.

$22 x 1.7 = $37.40
$25 x 1.5 = $37.50

Well played if the 70% is legit.

I checked the FAQ but it says games. Has anyone ever been banned for more than 4 controllers? I have 6 WiiMotes I wanna dump.

You can trade in up to 8 controllers kotor. I’ve done it plenty of times.
Also, yeah, starlight wasn’t being racist, was obviously referencing his Sd alt.

To tell you the truth

These low values may correlate with the losses they took during the b2g1

GameStop has to recoup money somewhere

To tell you the truth

These low values may correlate with the losses they took during the b2g1

GameStop has to recoup money somewhere
I'd ride out the price drop it'll probably recover over time, they're probably getting people jumping on the trade in deals which floods the available inventory too much

I'd ride out the price drop it'll probably recover over time, they're probably getting people jumping on the trade in deals which floods the available inventory too much
Nah inventory gets pummeled after a store wide b2g1. It's the typical GS simultaneous trade bonus/base value tank

I mean I don't think a fire emblem switch game is gonna be $6 trade in for the rest of it's life

I mean I don't think a fire emblem switch game is gonna be $6 trade in for the rest of it's life
What if I add “warriors” to the equation? :D

(still holding a copy for a good trade in, tried it out, and decided it wasn’t my cup of tea whatsoever)

whats the chances of the elite controller holding its tiv for $60 during the 70% promo? i will buy a switch if it does

Getting nervous holding onto a stack of switch games waiting to be traded in. Any experts know if the values will hold on Monday with the 70% or is it a crap shoot?

Getting nervous holding onto a stack of switch games waiting to be traded in. Any experts know if the values will hold on Monday with the 70% or is it a crap shoot?
Historically, values always drop with the start of these promos. No idea by how much though.

I didn't check last week but it had a $25 base value the week before that.
That was before the B2G1 sale (or rather, on the day the sale started at 6pm local time). The next day, it had dropped from $22 down to $20, while the top tier dropped from $25 down to $22.50 (some, like Mario Tennis Aces had been higher before the B2G1 sale).

Let's see, there's pur/elite, disc/console protection, preorders, and maybe 1-2 other things.

I feel bad for them, as I had to ask for 2-3 things when I worked retail and luckily only had one customer asked me "are you done trying to sell me on x, y, z".

It sucks for us, but imagine being them and having to ask. It sucks way worse. Don't shoot the messenger man, it's GS corporate who instituted all this stupid garbage.

I can double confirm the 70% Bonus. It did not say anything about accessories but it didn't flat out say games only. It just said 70% on trades.

I can double confirm the 70% Bonus. It did not say anything about accessories but it didn't flat out say games only. It just said 70% on trades.
I have some NSW multiples, so I wonder if this will be a one-time thing when you buy a used item, or if 70% can be used multiple times. Wait and see I guess...

Oof - if a 70% promo starts tomorrow and last gen values hold, I'm gonna feel pretty stupid offloading two full boxes worth of good last-gen games last week...

I have some NSW multiples, so I wonder if this will be a one-time thing when you buy a used item, or if 70% can be used multiple times. Wait and see I guess...

The way it's worded says "Towards Pre-owned" so if history repeats itself, you'll just have to purchase a used item in the transaction to trigger it. Probably no limit.

One of my switches I got from the 2for1 preowned sale online was kind of in shit condition, so I called my local store and asked if i can come in and do a return since it was just easier then mailing it out myself. 2 of the systems were shipped to me in the same box while the other came a couple days later. I walk into the store and show the packaging slip which shows full price for both of the two systems (the one that came later had a separate slip and showed $0), so the manager stated that if I wanted to do an exchange i would have to have it mailed to me since they had none in stock, or that I could spend $20 and get a new one. So of course i got myself a brand new switch. Now I'm wondering if i should go and return the 2nd one i got and get a full cash refund... Anyone else have this happen?

One of my switches I got from the 2for1 preowned sale online was kind of in shit condition, so I called my local store and asked if i can come in and do a return since it was just easier then mailing it out myself. 2 of the systems were shipped to me in the same box while the other came a couple days later. I walk into the store and show the packaging slip which shows full price for both of the two systems (the one that came later had a separate slip and showed $0), so the manager stated that if I wanted to do an exchange i would have to have it mailed to me since they had none in stock, or that I could spend $20 and get a new one. So of course i got myself a brand new switch. Now I'm wondering if i should go and return the 2nd one i got and get a full cash refund... Anyone else have this happen?
I mean if you want to commit return fraud then by all means go for it.

I mean if you want to commit return fraud then by all means go for it.
I know people are quick to label things as return fraud here, but this really isn’t. He paid full price for a preowned system that wasn’t in acceptable condition. The store didn’t have any preowned stock, so they offered to give him a new one for the difference. He didn’t do anything wrong here.

I know people are quick to label things as return fraud here, but this really isn’t. He paid full price for a prepared system that wasn’t in acceptable condition. The store didn’t have any preowned stock, so they offered to give him a new one for the difference. He didn’t do anything wrong here.

No he stated that he got the 3rd system replaced by exchanging the Pre-owned for a new one paying the additional amount and now he wants to return system number 2 for the full cash amount. So B2G1 free Pre-owned then return/exchange 1 system to a new one then return a second for a full refund... That's definitely return fraud. You are gaining all of your initial investment back while being well aware of it taking advantage of the company.

And then let's go with the other route. You return the "Newly exchanged" system. Your original offer was B2G1 free. If you return the free unit regardless of upgrading or not, you aren't entitled to the B2G1 free offer savings anymore. It would then become a B1G1 which also is fraud. And technically you wouldn't have even bought 1 of the units since you got a full refund for the purchase yet are keeping 2 systems.

Basically you are asking is it OK to commit return fraud by any means necessary? You are well aware of what you are attempting to do. You are asking on a public forum about the Intent to commit return fraud.

That pretty much sums it up.

I know people are quick to label things as return fraud here, but this really isn’t. He paid full price for a prepared system that wasn’t in acceptable condition. The store didn’t have any preowned stock, so they offered to give him a new one for the difference. He didn’t do anything wrong here.
If it looks like return fraud, sounds like return fraud and is return fraud... it’s just an exchange. GS store manager here. We do it all the time, just roll with it bro.

Wonder why they offered to give me a new switch for $20 then, when i didnt ask for it.. hmmm. you would think they would prorate the systems.

Wonder why they offered to give me a new switch for $20 then, when i didnt ask for it.. hmmm. you would think they would prorate the systems.
Are you really this dense? They obviously didn't know you did a B2G1, otherwise they wouldn't have offered you shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back